Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

After 63 hours, I've gotten all of the launch operators and built up enough resources to get any two of the rest, but not a dang clue of which to pick. Any ideas? I'm looking to branch out a bit.

Stats for reference:

Weapon stats:
Melee kills: 2
Accuracy: 48.48%
Headshots: 3.69%
Kill assists: 154
Penetration kills: 29
Bullets fired: 6,922
Bullets hit: 3,356

Overall stats:
Revives: 20
Suicides: 2
Reinforcements deployed: 426
Barricades built: 566

Best 4 Operators:
1. Kapkan: 149 kills/127 deaths, 11.2 hrs
2. IQ: 56 kills/73 deaths, 6.0 hrs
3. Thermite: 66 kills/68 deaths, 6.0 hrs
4. Fuze: 26 kills/37 deaths, 3.5 hrs

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Erm, my mistake- I meant to say I have all of the launch operators. Edited.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Id agree the situations give you an idea of how the game systems work (eg destructible walls and abilities) but no where near fill you in on the complexeties of vs

There's only so much a tutorial can do for something as ever-changing as continually-updated competitive multiplayer. Even bot matches with the full operator set and game modes would do little more.

Half of the fun of the genre is learning to play and counter-play, which is exactly what the devs focus on when designing characters and maps.

However, what would be more helpful would be individual tutorials for each operator (preferably *not* locked behind unlocking the operator). Then everyone could know each character's skillset and general role without reading changelogs.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

It must have been changed at some point to not store every single one- I've only got maybe 20 actually different avatars in here, and the worst one's just a gundam with an abnormally high pelvis that makes it look like a malformed Pez dispenser.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Wooper posted:

the secret is every new operator will be op

It's in the name

Wooper posted:

the secret is every new operator will be op

Can we get an operator that disguises himself as nearby environmental objects

and/or can force enemies to use the bathrooms (that every map already has- it must be in the works)

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Mostly ubibucks, but it also has the design issue of not being able to predict enemy abilities based on appearance/character choice. Uncertainty would devalue the intel-gathering part of the game a lot, which in turn would change a lot of the basic strategies.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

ten_twentyfour posted:

4-man but the 4th slot is reserved for the new R6:S PREMIUM membership.

Which will continue to be automatically billed monthly even after the event is over

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Legs Benedict posted:

Hey I’m the IRS can you please give me your social security number thank you

Can I give you my runescape password instead

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

keyframe posted:

Yea not a fan of either of those abilities if true. It is going to get to the point where you need to run out and engage the attackers outside at round start to have a fair fight.

I'd be fine with it if it's not something you can easily use to line up a shot through walls- something like a top-down minimap with marks for where every player is.

It does call it an "overview of the battlefield," which sounds more like what I describe than something like Jackal.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

The Bananana posted:

I'd like an operorator who can make 1 wall breach.

Just 1.

Through any wall.

Not just the destructible walls.

Any wall. A single, man crouching sized hole.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

There aren't any Australian (SASR) operators yet.

Maybe Dropbear can hide on ceilings.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Kikas posted:

Or could use a spider-suit to stick to walls and cealings. I mean if magnet boots were on the next attacker, I'd be cool with that. Limited use, but only drains if you walk, meaning you can't go to extremely high places like main lobby ceiling in Bank, but you can pretend to be Batman in other places forever. Fall damage still applies, unless you land exactly on someone, then he gets full damage and you get half.

Well, of couse they have magboots, otherwise they'd just fall off the underside of the planet.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Nuking Nests of Shock Wire, blasting open interior walls for team mates, scaring the poo poo out of me while I'm prone under a castle window waiting on an ez kill

Also blowing apart portable shields

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

New operator switches the lights on and off rapidly in an adjacent room, causing weird vision artifacts for a short time for anyone inside

Doesn't work on Ash

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

The Bananana posted:

How about a new operator that can pick up and switch out any dead operators gun

With a 5-second "checking for booby traps" animation

because realism

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Is this your OTP

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

That could also double as a way to shoot through Castle barricades or wall reinforcements for low damage, but never allow actual passage.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Yeah that's what we need. A defender the can shoot through reinforced walls. Because combining that with a black mirror wouldn't be OP as gently caress.

Right; I was thinking more along the lines of an attacker in that case.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Rainbow 6 isn't taking KBM input

Guess it's time to get wrecked with controller aim

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Sometimes its just fun to brainstorm i think you may be fixating.

Indeed, theory-crafting is fun.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Year 3 OP that knows CQC and can Hip Toss any OP4 within range.

The other side has one that can disassemble opponents' guns in a single second

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Oh man, they claim to have fixed the weird rotation sync problem while vaulting. It's just a visual bug, but it will make me feel a lot better.

No longer will people shoot me 90 degrees from their barrel direction!

Also Kapkan impacts will be nice.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I guess she woke up late and didn't have time to coordinate a sweater with her pink sneakers.

I love her default design so much.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Minrad posted:

blitz buff idea: at the start of each round he proclaims its time to fight for real, then pulls off his weighted clothing and drops his shield, becoming a 5 speed 1/2 armor pistol op

I would def play this.

Wait, why don't we have a dual pistol op yet

I know it ain't tacticool, but really, this is an oversight.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

So why does it still incur a penalty when you destroy hacked cameras?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Accidental TKs wouldn't be so common if people couldn't get shot by a bullet that hasn't left the barrel. Two people standing shoulder-to-shoulder shouldn't kill one another when one clips through the other just by walking sideways.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Count Uvula posted:

Oh is the PvE mode not actually out yet? I guess I'll just keep an eye on how the thread feels about it once it's out in case it turns out great.

It's out now. It's fun, but not overly exciting.

Flipswitch posted:

Is it me or do the operator icons look different?

They modified them a bit to have more contrast between icons. Mostly they added a lot more blackened bits and some "weathering."

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

That's cool, bro.
I'm glad you knew that, bro.
One day I wanna be just like you, bro.

You're really bad at haiku

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not sure if you could possibly be any more wrong.

I'd rather Siege not turn into TF2 with it's retarded hats that are on fire or sprinkle confetti just to be "absurd and fun".

I agree, especially since it messes with recognition via silhouette. Kapkan should only ever get weird hoods since that's how he can be most easily recognized.

Meanwhile, Vigil looks almost just like a Recruit, but I can accept that as part of his shtick.

e: a word or two

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 7, 2018

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If someone is "being mean to me" by dropping slurs then hey guess what! They deserve to get banned. You can't abuse that unless you have a way to force people to say slurs.

I took him to mean that people might just spam reports on people for innocuous things and/or no good reason, clogging up the report system.

Though the old report system would be the same, so it's not a new issue.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Penpal posted:

So epi acknowledged your post with all the toxic shitheads, and then a mod took it down because it had usernames and poo poo? Hahaha classic

I checked their posting guidelines, they have an explicit moratorium on almost any screenshot that isn't meant to provide information relevant to gameplay. They do specifically state that they'll cull screenshots of a chat log regardless of content.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Davin Valkri posted:

There's a lot of thrown about ideas for operators that use dummy intel (fake gunfire, fake booby traps) here. Do any already extant operators do that kind of thing? Vigil and Caveira kinda count, but they remove actual intel (electronic visual and movement sound), rather than adding fake intel.

You can do some fun things with Thermite, since his charges are so loud and noticeable. I have won rounds by placing one down, going to a doorway, hitting the remote, then shooting someone staring where the big fuckin' hole was about to open.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Well I have now gotten hit with a game in which I fought the remarkable 2d caveira a glitching monstrosity and a fully invisible echo. So that was a thing

Taaake oooon meeee...

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Thief posted:

let him replace the front door with a remote control drawbridge

It'd be neat if he could hit a toggle that'd cause it to auto-retract upward when approached by a friendly

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This already happened, they removed console from Pro League. They don't really care about it.

But PC is only 25% of RB6's player base so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to totally ignore everyone else.

Wow really?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Thief posted:

huge Castle buff finally inbound as he unrolls the spiky soundproofing foam you see in studios

All I want is Bouncy Castle

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Ubi's "We don't ban when people exploit glitches" stance is real real dumb. There's a new glitch for shields where they get perfect hipfire with pistols without ADSing, being completely covered by their shield. Its very obvious when people are exploiting it as they do every round.

On the other hand, it could be justified in that, by letting people use exploits, knowledge of such exploits would more easily spread, and thus each bug can get reported more often by surrounding players. Increased detection rate often means a quicker fix.

No idea if that's their reasoning.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

tjones posted:

Lol. Best joke I've heard today.

The shield hip fire exploit is one that has existed before and has now returned (year 1 if i remember correctly). I've yet to see it in the wild but I haven't been playing much since the new season.

Ubi has no idea how their game works.

Theory and reality rarely match.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

unlawfulsoup posted:

It is the one I want to buy as well given how mad it makes some people. Oh no, she is wearing a tracksuit super untactical and unrealistic; in the game with loving nanobots, thermal scopes that can delineate friend/foe, etc.

It's not realism that gets me, it's just that it doesn't fit her usual style at all. Her default outfit is goofy enough, between the jeans, sweater, and pink sneakers. Heck, I'd take pajamas with an ammo belt strapped on over this flat green bore of an outfit.

Maybe I just don't like tracksuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Sorry to double post but LMAO the lazy bumbs at Ubi literally just used Google translate to put "WalkMan" into German and it makes no sense to German natives.

Obv she built it herself and used that name to mess with people.