Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Fair or not that score line is just awful. I really want the womenís comp to be successful but at the moment people are going along when itís free. How long will be people tolerate paying for a game like that though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Why is his sitter being brought into it? Like not even in a way that gets him off the hook, he wanted out way before that. His narrative was never pity me and my family it was ďIve got my money and Iím footy royalty now do what the gently caress I say toĒ and Gold Coast rightfully told him to gently caress off.

I have no pity for him at all. He knew what he was doing when he moved to GC and he knew what he was doing when he extended. Priorities change etc but heís a big boy getting paid a fuckload of money. He doesnít need white knighters defending his honour.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

This thread is so fun to read as a Richmond supporter. Go the loving tiges

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Carey is so emblematic of the AFL community being laughable with its women outreach. Donít disrespect women, oh unless you can kick a ton of goals mate, then glass a woman and assault a cop and gently caress your teammates wife and assault a woman in Melbourne sheíll be right mate hahaha

I mean I know tons of players get away with tons of poo poo but Carey is still considered a god and now has so many media features itís like it never happened

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

Gil and the AFL are having a month they thoroughly deserve

Ugh, thatís poo poo. Poor guy. Sad it seems that also the players were doing it too? Like not even sticking up for a team mate :/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imo it shouldnít matter whether youíre contesting the ball or not, contact to the head which could reasonably lead to a spinal injury should not be allowed

Come on mate whatís a bit of biffo these soft fairies canít handle strewth

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

racing identity posted:

Just remembered that Adelaide was by far the best team last year and Richmond rolled downhill into a premiership on the back of two home finals they didn't earn and now Adelaide's window is over and Eddie Betts will never play in a premiership

Adelaide fans will never stop being funny. It was amazing walking down swan street as a tigers supporter last year after the game. Great job on playing well in every game except the one that counted though

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

cmndstab posted:

I don't think we're very funny

Outside of a few loudmouths, most of the Crows fans I've seen are pretty accepting that they had a good season, blew it in the last game against a team that clearly deserved to win, and have now fallen well off the pace in 2018. From what I've seen with us it's less hysteria and more just grim acceptance.

Read what I quoted / your conspiracy theorist team mates in this thread for who Iím mainly talking about.

Real talk I actually donít mind the crows mainly because itís so cute how much crows fans care about port Adelaide and how little victorians get that, and itís just great. I have no idea whatís happened to you guys this year though :/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Get hosed buddy. Rance is a beautiful idiot but Iíll take him being singled out by this thread along with winning any day

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Richmond three-peat incoming. Watch out swan street.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

I donít like Adelaide but thatís good news. Iím really torn on player loyalty poo poo. One one hand you donít want it to be like the USA where players have no affiliation with clubs and move all the time, but on the other hand itís a job- people should be able to make decisions for their career.

Of course we as fans always take it personally. Go dusty / gently caress you lids etc

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

snaeksikn posted:

Watching afl 360 from last night with Riewoldt and Lewis and they used the word rascal. Both of them pronounced the first syllable with a short "a" rather than a longer "rah-scal" pronunciation.

Is this an east coast / Melbourne thing I've never noticed before?

Also Bob's interview with Sabrina Frederick-Traub was real good

Not sure if itís related but Iíd always heard south Australians pronounced castle / dance like ďDahnceĒ etc

Potato cakes vs scallops is where itís at though

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why is Wayne Carey on the tv

I never really listen to commentary or watch on telly until recently and Carey coming back kinda just passed me by. It infuriates me. I donít understand how the AFL or the community at large just forgives him for everything heís done. Not even the cheating stuff like the abuse is what Iím talking about

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

The community hasn't forgiven him, most people think he's a poo poo bloke, a handful of media companies have forgiven him, and a handful of old boys club other commentators don't even admit he needed forgiving because they don't want their memories of his playing days tarnished. The community would have to boycott watching the football to do anything about it, because there's no way to get around it.

Yeah youíre right. Just poo poo. Like I know this is naive as anything but the AFL company aside the community has seen things like the AFLW, indigenous round, the start of a pride round, white ribbon etc. sport can be such a positive influence in the community and ďhah hah AFLĒ aside it can still be quite a community focused game (or at least it feels like it in Victoria)

Then youíve got loving Carey on everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Who says we canít win away from home