Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Fair or not that score line is just awful. I really want the women’s comp to be successful but at the moment people are going along when it’s free. How long will be people tolerate paying for a game like that though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Why is his sitter being brought into it? Like not even in a way that gets him off the hook, he wanted out way before that. His narrative was never pity me and my family it was “Ive got my money and I’m footy royalty now do what the gently caress I say to” and Gold Coast rightfully told him to gently caress off.

I have no pity for him at all. He knew what he was doing when he moved to GC and he knew what he was doing when he extended. Priorities change etc but he’s a big boy getting paid a fuckload of money. He doesn’t need white knighters defending his honour.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
This thread is so fun to read as a Richmond supporter. Go the loving tiges

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Carey is so emblematic of the AFL community being laughable with its women outreach. Don’t disrespect women, oh unless you can kick a ton of goals mate, then glass a woman and assault a cop and gently caress your teammates wife and assault a woman in Melbourne she’ll be right mate hahaha

I mean I know tons of players get away with tons of poo poo but Carey is still considered a god and now has so many media features it’s like it never happened

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

NTRabbit posted:

Gil and the AFL are having a month they thoroughly deserve

Ugh, that’s poo poo. Poor guy. Sad it seems that also the players were doing it too? Like not even sticking up for a team mate :/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imo it shouldn’t matter whether you’re contesting the ball or not, contact to the head which could reasonably lead to a spinal injury should not be allowed

Come on mate what’s a bit of biffo these soft fairies can’t handle strewth

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

racing identity posted:

Just remembered that Adelaide was by far the best team last year and Richmond rolled downhill into a premiership on the back of two home finals they didn't earn and now Adelaide's window is over and Eddie Betts will never play in a premiership

Adelaide fans will never stop being funny. It was amazing walking down swan street as a tigers supporter last year after the game. Great job on playing well in every game except the one that counted though :smuggo:

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

cmndstab posted:

I don't think we're very funny :smith:

Outside of a few loudmouths, most of the Crows fans I've seen are pretty accepting that they had a good season, blew it in the last game against a team that clearly deserved to win, and have now fallen well off the pace in 2018. From what I've seen with us it's less hysteria and more just grim acceptance.

Read what I quoted / your conspiracy theorist team mates in this thread for who I’m mainly talking about.

Real talk I actually don’t mind the crows mainly because it’s so cute how much crows fans care about port Adelaide and how little victorians get that, and it’s just great. I have no idea what’s happened to you guys this year though :/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Get hosed buddy. Rance is a beautiful idiot but I’ll take him being singled out by this thread along with winning any day :)

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Richmond three-peat incoming. Watch out swan street.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I don’t like Adelaide but that’s good news. I’m really torn on player loyalty poo poo. One one hand you don’t want it to be like the USA where players have no affiliation with clubs and move all the time, but on the other hand it’s a job- people should be able to make decisions for their career.

Of course we as fans always take it personally. Go dusty / gently caress you lids etc

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

snaeksikn posted:

Watching afl 360 from last night with Riewoldt and Lewis and they used the word rascal. Both of them pronounced the first syllable with a short "a" rather than a longer "rah-scal" pronunciation.

Is this an east coast / Melbourne thing I've never noticed before?

Also Bob's interview with Sabrina Frederick-Traub was real good

Not sure if it’s related but I’d always heard south Australians pronounced castle / dance like “Dahnce” etc

Potato cakes vs scallops is where it’s at though

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why is Wayne Carey on the tv

I never really listen to commentary or watch on telly until recently and Carey coming back kinda just passed me by. It infuriates me. I don’t understand how the AFL or the community at large just forgives him for everything he’s done. Not even the cheating stuff like the abuse is what I’m talking about

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

NTRabbit posted:

The community hasn't forgiven him, most people think he's a poo poo bloke, a handful of media companies have forgiven him, and a handful of old boys club other commentators don't even admit he needed forgiving because they don't want their memories of his playing days tarnished. The community would have to boycott watching the football to do anything about it, because there's no way to get around it.

Yeah you’re right. Just poo poo. Like I know this is naive as anything but the AFL company aside the community has seen things like the AFLW, indigenous round, the start of a pride round, white ribbon etc. sport can be such a positive influence in the community and “hah hah AFL” aside it can still be quite a community focused game (or at least it feels like it in Victoria)

Then you’ve got loving Carey on everything

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Who says we can’t win away from home

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’m gonna be honest I don’t get the whole “football looks bad” thing that needs changing

I like going along and watching, I complain about random poo poo that happens to my team like any self respecting supporter but honestly like what is the big issue anyway?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

racing identity posted:

It only includes games up to the end of last round, but yes. Richmond have now sunk to a lowly 17th spot on this, the only ladder that counts.

gently caress how can Richmond ever win a grand final when they lose every game interstate and win every game at the MCG

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

snaeksikn posted:

Well yeah, they've barely beaten anyone above them on the ladder all year

Am I missing the joke here, or is the fact that we’ve been on top most of the year a good comeback to this

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

drunkill posted:

There is a reason we have poo poo attendance recently. I'll let you guess why.

Carlton have a massive tv only fanbase though, probably the Italian faction being stingy with money, won't pay to go to the game anymore since we don't play at princes park and just tune in when possible.

Unless you’re Italian that is a problematic statement

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Great game, go tiges.

On a serious note with AFLW chat my wife and I found out we are having our first child, a daughter, in December. Get your poo poo together AFL. I want her to be able to go to women’s or men’s games and it just be normal that there are both major comps. And it be normal for Richmond to be (back to back?) premiership winners

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I don’t get the hate of tigers winning, we were losers for so long how does it even make sense

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Spedman posted:

It's not a feel good story now with the tigers winning the flag and being the biggest club in the AFL with 100k members

Ah tall poppy syndrome that makes sense

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Spedman posted:

So we should be happy the biggest club in the AFL is dominating the comp?

We got good in the last half of last year and got lucky that Adelaide poo poo their pants in front of 100,000 people, and we’re only one game in front of the top spot now. We are doing well we haven’t been “dominating”

Also to strap on- Geelong complain about home game at the MCG but don’t complain about the crowd size / money they get back from it. It’s like if hawthorn started losing in tassie, well yeah they don’t have home games but who is really to blame?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

racing identity posted:

If Geelong were given a choice about where they played their home games against Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn, what do you think they would choose?

I dunno, do they still enjoy the vastly increased earnings from it?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Gaff shouldn’t have been let back on. I’m really not up on the whole “red card” debate, how many sports don’t have some ability to immediately kick a player off for something like that?

Also, why the gently caress are so many people defending this guy? “So our of character!”, gently caress, the poor victim is probably going to be having smoothies for what, 8 weeks? Ugh

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Diet Crack posted:

I don't think any more than 8 is applicable. It's already the highest laid suspension outside of a complete ban. This was likely an accidental punch, where as Barry Hall was notorious (and still is) for punching people in the head.

I thought it was going to be 7 weeks, so it seems right. I also don't recall Barry getting this much scrutiny from the media when he punches people.

Ban the dumb punching poo poo.

I mean isn’t it good that it’s getting more attention now? It means football / society is starting to say this isn’t ok

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

realbez posted:

Do we really need all these articles about Gaff’s suffering?

Tell me about it. It’s a bare minimum that he feels poo poo about it. How many times do we have to hear how remorseful or how “out of character” it is for him?

Like... sorry mate, you did it. It’s in your character to assault someone breaking their jaw. “Perfect record” nope, not anymore.

“Haven’t you ever made a mistake” yes but I’ve never put anyone in hospital for it.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
As a Richmond supporter I feel a lot more confident us playing hawthorn rather than Geelong, so that result pleases me.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Diet Crack posted:

Perhaps it's because he's a flopping loving fish who knows nothing but milking frees you utter loving idiot?

Top of the league with a homestand Home and Away season - "We get so hard done by here at Richmond"

I hope they lose every single final from here on out and finish 9th for eternity, and all the melting memberships cause Punt Rd to burn down.

The salt is delicious. Richmond are bottom on getting frees and top on them being paid against. I was at the game last night and some Essendon fan screamed about the umps paying a free to Richmond literally while the scoreboard showed Essendon on 28 and Richmond on 14.

And yeah finals will be hard. Hopefully we’ll win but once you get to eliminations it’s anyone’s game. But “tigers are advantaged at the MCG” is such a copout to how well we’ve been playing. And especially since half the other teams in Melbourne have their home at the same loving ground, any team can play well there as they should try to, it hosts the most games in the sport.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

to be fair though, you have only been playing well at the MCG, so it seems like your significant advantage is a legit topic for discussion

code:
	Crows	Adelaide Oval		Loss 82-118
	North	Etihad Stadium		Win 82-72
	Eagles	Optus Stadium		Loss 83-130
	Power	Adelaide Oval		Loss 58-72
	Swans	Etihad Stadium		Win 93-67
	Giants	Spotless Stadium	Loss 77-79
	Saints	Etihad Stadium		Win 111-57	
	Suns	Metricon Stadium	Win 125-51
You've obviously set up a gameplan that is focused around the MCG, and you're able to do so because you play there 14 times during the H&A season, if you do well enough at those you'll play the lead-up finals there, and you're guaranteed to play the grand final there.

It's not something that other MCG tenant clubs have any cause to whinge about because they have exactly the same opportunity (it's maybe my biggest criticism of Goodwin), but it absolutely gives you an advantage over docklands clubs or non-victorian teams. They have to have an MCG gameplan in their back pocket as well as a gameplan that actually gets them to their grand final, MCG tenant clubs can use the same plan to get them to the grand final and win it.

Except we won at etihad every time this year too? We lost two Adelaide and port and the eagles, and lost against GWS by two points.

If the MCG was such a benefit what explains Richmond from the 1980s- mid 2017??

Anyway I don’t care, I guess having a premiership and then one good season (let’s see how long it lasts for us) means we are stop horrible behemoth of a club that should be stopped

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

gay picnic defence posted:

I think so, but I think he can get it down to 1 or 2 if he shows it was an honest mistake and he didn't know the BCAAs his mum gave him were actually cocaine

I can't really remember how it all works though, I've been trying to forget about WADA

I love it when this stuff happens though look at this quote-

It's a real shock for Sam. He's dealing with a difficult situation extremely well. He's got great support around him from the club, family and teammates. He's dealing with it well but it's a really difficult situation for a young man to find himself in," Anderson said.

A real shock! I totally thought that line I banged out wasn’t going to show up, my mate said it’d be out of the system by game day!!!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Why hasn’t someone invented a system to not have ticketing software melt down

Look I get it’s probably a difficult problem but Jesus there is a lot of money in it surely? Or they don’t care as it sells out anyway?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Hannah mouncey has said she isn’t going to be playing footy anymore.

How does this compare to other sports worldwide? Other contact sports as well?

I don’t really know how to feel with it all. Like “she identifies as a woman so she’s a woman” works for not being a dick in social situations but I just think of the difference in build of someone who grew up with a male bone structure etc vs the vast majority of the female comp. but even that is that just a trans panic lovely opinion?

:/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’m slightly worried about Collingwood beating us next week. I feel more confident against Melbourne or west Coast tbh.

It’s actually nice to see Melbourne go somewhere. If Richmond can’t win then at least I hope they do.

Obviously gently caress Collingwood etc but that goes without saying

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Nah song chat

So obviously Richmond etc but what I don’t get is how can Carlton such a big club can have such a pathetic wet fart of a song. It’s just depressing.

Also lol to the articles about “spare a thought for gaff” “one moment of madness”

gently caress off with this culture of footy players not being responsible for their actions.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
As a Richmond supporter obviously I’m happy he fits in so we aren’t just relying on reiwoldt and also maybe even so we’re not just relying on nankervis in a pinch, BUT

It does suck that we are basically poaching a great player from a poo poo team, like salary caps mean that any one team can’t be too crazy with this however it certainly can mean a bunch of the lower teams are kept down and the higher teams stay up. I get the compensation stuff but what can be done about this? Or is it just the players association won’t do anything that restricts the ability of players to move where they want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I don’t get the north ubereats joke