Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i'm shocked that no one came up with this until now

Honestly I was halfway expecting people to post proof of an existing version from years ago. I'm still sure that someone else must have come up with this before I did

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

i had to get this out of my head

Note: Poochie was killed by the Deep State on his way to the FBI

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:bisonyes:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

The YouTube version has the theme song sung by Homers :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZVL7RGsbQk

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:perfect:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

fuckin around with Google Lens

:stare:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

This was a thing of beauty. The inaccurate translations are very accurate for fansubs, not to mention all the unnecessary translator's notes.

The spoken Japanese is a good translation of the original English tho

eta: Now that I think about it, I guess the dialog was simply taken from the official Japanese dub :downs:

HappyCapybaraFamily fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 3, 2019

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

No it isn't and I will fight you

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

It's a play on the word didgeridoo, I didn't think that needed to be pointed out.

Next thing you'll be telling us is that chazz-wazzers is also a play on an actual, existing Australian-English word and not just a dig at all their slang in general

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Bold of you to assume Castlenetta, Shearer, Kavner, Azaria, Cartwright, and Smith aren't going to have their heads, throats, and thoraxes mounted to a ghoulish pipe organ.

Kavner's throat already sounds mostly dead :(

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Chrpno posted:

Tell your parents: "buy me Bonestorm or go to hell!"

or:

Tell your parents: "buy me Bonestorm", or go to hell!

Which is it?? If it's the latter, then it's a good joke that I've missed for 25 years.

well the immediately following scene has a clue in it

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:perfect:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Bobstar posted:

This joke was funnier when I learned how Americans normally pronounce oregano.

The word comes into English from Spanish orégano, which is from Latin orīganum, ultimately coming from Ancient Greek ὀρίγανον (oríganon).

So the American pronunciation more closely hews to the original word. But British English apparently doesn't like words with the first syllable unstressed, so in England you don't often hear people say garage like a la-di-da Mr French Man

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Took me a second, but :dudsmile:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

we need a dudfrown for the likes of this one

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

pacerhimself posted:

Holy poo poo this page is gold

:five:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Elfface posted:

Let him off if he can give a good reason... Without using the letter E.

"Uh, okay. Umm... I'm a good post...ing guy..."

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

actionjackson posted:

The one where Lisa becomes a vegetarian is the best imo

that god drat Troy McClure video about how meat is made

The fact that I didn't think about this one while trying to come up with a list of faves makes me a Grade-A Moron

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

dxt posted:

That's some nice reckless driving Mr. B!

:vince:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

literally the only good thing to come out of Grease

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:discourse:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:dudsmile:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

gleebster posted:

Dr Marvin Monroe.

No, he'd just been very sick

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Wasted opportunity for some more Mendozaposting

but still pretty good :shobon:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

jazzyjay posted:

something like this?

:discourse:

mind the walrus posted:

Good loving lord don't sleep on this. Needs sound.

Right-click, unmute?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do you mean M. Bison? Because...I guess...

dollars in dues

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

No, that's Tuen Tones.

Your Tuen Tones came in cash-on-delivery; you owe 900 dollars in dues

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

California Cheeseburgerposting is also a great new vein to have been discovered

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

No, "queue" is the only correct spelling of that word, but here in America we use the word "line"

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I am still in despair that the artists left out the handakuten in the artwork so it says "HOWER CLEAN" instead of "POWER CLEAN"
:goonsay:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:golfclap:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

How do you know it dosen't say Homer Clean?

Mainly because that's not how Japanese writing works

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

csammis posted:

I couldn’t get this idea out of my head

This is very good :dudsmile:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

I want to know more about Square Glasses man!

That's Martin Prince's dad, and the lady in front of him is Martin's mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:aaaaa: