Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
What is your dream computer of the future? How many buttons does it have? What features? How many pixels per pixel (resolution)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
When I think of my dream computer, i thinkg BIG
💭
🤔
dream compjter has 1000 pixels and 1000 keyboard keys. You can dual wield mouses or three weild. very powerful computer

dreamy computer :swoon:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i envision that future dream computer will be able to function with new types of jnputs instead of keyboard and mouse. people will scream at computer and computer will know what to do. this is my dream

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

obstipator posted:

i envision that future dream computer will be able to function with new types of jnputs instead of keyboard and mouse. people will scream at computer and computer will know what to do. this is my dream

Due to a fluke, future dream computer will not be able to distinguish betwix low-volume sounds. So screaming at the future dream computer will be mandatory for all users.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i have a dream that one day ckmputer and man will live equal. i have a dream that even the state of silicon valley will one day treat computers and humans as one and the same. i have a dream toady

pram
Jun 10, 2001

obstipator posted:

When I think of my dream computer, i thinkg BIG
💭
🤔
dream compjter has 1000 pixels and 1000 keyboard keys. You can dual wield mouses or three weild. very powerful computer

dreamy computer :swoon:

incredible

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
computers in the future will be able to read your mind and fulfill all your wishes immediately

if you wish something that exists, like a phone, it will talk to the computers at amazon and have it delivered through drones
if it doesnt exist, like a woman who finds you attractive, it will create one in the 3d printer.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i dream of no computer

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

Bloody posted:

i dream of no computer

A computer so immersive u dont even realize ur using it :O Genius!

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

I wanna be able to turn my computer on by sticking my finger in a butthole located next to my usb slots. I have to get knuckles deep in order to reach the button and I designed it that way on purpose.

I restart it by making the 'come hither' motion.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I HAVE GOUT posted:

A computer so immersive u dont even realize ur using it :O Genius!

no. no computer. i want no computers

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
future computer will have 641kb because bill gate$$$ can't tell me what to do

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
lots of neon green lighting and a window so you can see it

and a cd-rw drive

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

its this op

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my dream computer has legs that just dont quit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my future dream computer is one that doesn't let you post

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

Bath Tubs posted:

I wanna be able to turn my computer on by sticking my finger in a butthole located next to my usb slots. I have to get knuckles deep in order to reach the button and I designed it that way on purpose.

I restart it by making the 'come hither' motion.

The butthole computer has a secret adapter that not very many people know about. But if you discover it, youre in for a whirlwind of exciting new features.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A computer from an alternate timeline where physics cards stuck around and they're all capable of incredible calculations. What if your normal video games had accurate simulations of gravitational n-body problems? Imagine if your spreadsheet cells actually sat on top of each other and you could delete a cell and the other ones would topple over. Or what if instead of bit coins (more like poo poo coins lmao) there was a hot new physics currency that people mine by calculating material deformation or fluid flow and they'd have like 10 physics cards in computer churning away at it.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i already own several dream computers, op. they can do everything.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my dream computer is my best friend and we have adventures together. and also it can render cars and other cool things for me in the real world like Automan.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my dream computer knows when it should turn itself on based on when I want to use it (it should always be on because I'm always computing) and it should play me a bedtime story when it knows I'm getting sleepy

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
I know a car-buff whos future dream computer has a gasoline-powered engine. It has 700 horsepower, and if its going slow on computation, you rev it, and it suddenly starts solving wolfram equations in mere microseconds, while also filling the room with carbon monoxide.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i thought once i would be cool to use a large engine to drive a massive subwoofer because like a v8 can put out like hundrds of kilowatts so thats much better than an amp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they tried it on a stupid tv show once tho but it just broke immediaztely the morons

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
when you use a word it helps to know all the letters and what it actually means

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

Sham bam bamina! posted:

when you use a word it helps to know all the letters and what it actually means

GOod tip. Lots of thread readers may not know this good tip. I've added the good tip to the OP so we can get the word out.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
my future dream computer connects directly to my brain and takes no effort whatsoever to use and makes my life perfect, the end

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Apple Macintosh but it’s the future

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm still thinking about a physics driven spreadsheet where the cells topple over into a pile and if numbers and formulas touch you get some new results.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Salt Fish posted:

I'm still thinking about a physics driven spreadsheet where the cells topple over into a pile and if numbers and formulas touch you get some new results.

number munchers enterprise edition

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I want a computer I can gently caress and cum inside of.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Silver Alicorn posted:

same but only for procreation of my cyborg offspring

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

can we make this meme bannable

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

computer of the future will have 1.5X the RAM and 1.5X the speed, but run slower because every app runs on electron.

Adobe Creative Cloud will make the jump to electron

nVidia cards will be subscription based and Intel CPUs will have on-die adware

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Making computers go fast is a security issue, so computers in the future will be very slow to prevent your data from being exfiltrated before you notice. Additionally a speaker will alert you when a file is copied or moved for security.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

speakers are unreliable. it should be a horn.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
GeForce 1060 video card

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
My future dream computer is as large as a house. And you can live in it too. Good home security because it runs on linux. And has a firewall to keep out intruders (blacks).

• Locked thread