Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

DariusLikewise posted:

brian pallister has spent the last two months blaming the feds for not providing enough vaccine but it turns out manitoba has tens of thousands of vaccine sitting in freezers and another hundred thousand on the way. we are on track to only do 60k first doses this month.

someone put this rear end in a top hat out to pasture already Jesus

It was so obvious he was making these wild claims that we have the capacity to vaccinate 20k per day so he could place the blame on the feds for ~supply issues~.. What's even more annoying is that our poo poo media had zero problem parroting all of Pallister's unsubstantiated claims of vaccine dosage capacity from a few weeks ago.

It's so bad now that even a shithead like Tom Broadbeck is calling out the provincial PCs for their BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Fashionable Jorts posted:

gotta make sure the whiny snowbirds can safely go to florida!

A lot of them already did. Entitled fucks.
I guess the upside is that many of these shitheads have or will be getting vaccinated in the US, probably not enough to be statistically relevant on a grand scale but every little bit helps.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

You know poo poo's bad for the provincial conservatives when Tom Broadbeck of all loving people is calling them out.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Yeeee ha Manitoba is announcing school restrictions (?) At 1:30 today
On a Sunday
On mother's Day.

Summer vacation has been cancelled, we tried our best to avoid this but all of the lazy overpaid teachers are to blame.
- MB Conservatives probably

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'm not going to listen because this is the weekend and gently caress Pallister but I hope they grill him about springs church since there is photographic proof they broke the rules.

I posted a rant about this on Facebook since my worthless MLA is part of the Springs cult and got a comment from someone thinking all the photos might be fake lmao

Imagine being the person giving Springs Church the benefit of the doubt

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

MW in MB went up 5 cents - every bit counts, RIGHT??

gently caress PALLISTER

I'm sure our glorious and generous small business owners will still complain about this pittance of an increase anyway

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

me: *has a moral extensional crisis over using metis status to jump the queue and get my 2nd dose faster*

As Metis, I felt the same way, but I booked my 2nd dose anyway.
The Leila supersite is accepting walk-ins today for 1st or 2nd Moderna doses; also I anecdotally know of a handful of people still waiting to book their first dose so that "others who need it more can get vaxxed" so I only feel a bit guilty about having my 2nd dose booked already.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

https://twitter.com/habman1969/status/1400592031110545408

Jets fans are losing their poo poo that people are actually upset about the possibly life-altering injury this guy did 100% on purpose

Head injuries, concussions etc. literally gently caress you up forever, they can completely change a person's personality, attitude, everything. There's a lot of "everybody makes mistakes :kiddo: but telling his family their son's a cruel fuckup, now that is just beyond the pale :mad:" which is like cmon guys, admit it's indefensible, quit feigning outrage or sublimating your anger about the suspension into concern trolling for his family's wellbeing :nallears:

Hockey is too violent, it's not part of the game, so on and so on. gently caress the Jets, can't wait for the team to move again.

Sports fans, in general, are very stupid when it comes to their teams. This isn't unique to the Jets and their fans.

And yeah hockey violence is loving stupid - one of the reasons I stopped watching was the bullshit that would happen near the end of blowout playoff games where the losing team would start acting like shitheads to "send a message" or whatever to the other team.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I'd feel more solidarity with the players on labour issues if they weren't mostly either chuds or unengaged meatheads that vote right wing because "muh taxes". The head injury stuff is obviously very bad though.
The owners being pieces of poo poo goes without saying of course.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that a business running a go fund me to keep their doors open is.....questionable. I like the Kings Head, but I'm not about to donate any money to them; to each their own.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

i fully believe that they had surging case counts in southern health last week and sat on those numbers until they could get some new restrictions announced so they could look proactive for once

Agreed - I think they're also trying to appear "reasonable" to help the federal Con vote for next month.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Glover is legit Rob Ford / Trump level stupid - Stefanson sucks too obviously but she's the less bad option here.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

North Dakota needs to annex Winkler and surrounding area. Love how Southern health has like 15% of Manitoba's population and 50+% of Covid hospitalizations.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Arivia posted:

There must always be a balance of imprisoned Michaels

Looking forward to it being imprisoned Caydens and Aidens in about 20 years.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Our Premier is blissfully unaware of anything bad happening.

https://twitter.com/HStefansonMB/status/1471163432179224583

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Let's check in on Heather Stefanson's Twitter...

https://twitter.com/HStefansonMB/status/1474498194323251200

Oh ok. Glad she was able to enjoy the zoo lights "recently".

It's almost to the point that I'd be genuinely impressed if she's just trolling everyone. Speculation is running rampant that she's either outside the country currently or caught Covid when she travelled to Hamilton for the Grey Cup. Goes without saying that all her tweets are getting ratioed at the moment.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I really really hope Audrey Gordon comes campaigning at my door in 2023 so I can tell her what a colossal piece of poo poo she is

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

She's a member of a cult that continuously defies what little restrictions there are in the province - this isn't surprising.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

Seems like it. :/

My wife works at the Winnipeg Clinic right near there and I can't imagine how horrible it is. We went to Magic Bird on Sherbrook Saturday and you could faintly hear the horns from there - 3km away. Like, it must be just absolutely terrible downtown.

Pathetic that even Regina has had a better response than our local cops here. Absolutely loving worthless

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

egg tats posted:

all vaccination requirements are being removed monday

like, tim's been angling do do things on this timetable anyway, however, if I were a politician making up a completely arbitrary date to do something, I'd try to put some a bit more time between the child shield using criminals asking for it and actually doing it. for optics, you know.

at the very least, to de-legitimize the apparently effective tactic of using your children as human shields

It's also definitely a coordinated attempt to put pressure on the Feds, who have been mostly slightly less stupid than the provinces, to remove their existing Covid regulations.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Still early but even if Khan wins, the early results are not promising for the Cons. Really wish the general election wasn't 18 months away

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

pcs are probably gonna take this but the fact that its this close this late is embarrassing for heather stefanson tbh

Reeves up by 1 vote with 6 polls to go. The Cons have never gotten less than 52% of the vote here so yeah, very embarrassing for them regardless of the end result now.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

LOL at everyone referring to Osborne Village as OV :wtc:

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Manitoba has decided to not expand 4th dose eligibility because "there might be a better vaccine available in the fall". lol

You know poo poo's bad when your government is dumber / more malicious than even the Alberta government.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

ChickenWing posted:

https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1557427423578316800?t=6CDkpzIQD9LKRm5KL45p2g&s=19

They said it out loud (e: or rather, weasel worded it out loud)

Anyone have strategies (or a link to such) for contacting your MPP and actually being heard rather than just "oh yeah I'll leave a message files under g"? All I know is that emails, doubly so form emails, are eminently ignorable

Clearly it's time to blockade highways, honk our car horns at 2am and terrorize residents in suburban Toronto; the cops had no problem with it last time and will allo.....hahaha sorry I can't finish this sentence.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

pokeyman posted:

hi ci, are your pamps extra poopy today?

I miss CI 's Jenny Kwan avatar

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

I can easily see Pierre winning. Not, like, inevitably storming to a huge majority but there are plenty of outcomes where turning out the base plus general voter fatigue plus favourable media coverage gets him there

This - 3 years is a long time but with the "regular" media leaning right, plus all the outlets that openly cheerlead for the Conservatives, he'll have a legit chance of winning the next election.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Randalor posted:

I voted for Rana during the early voting just because she was the only one willing to say "Can we try paying the police less?" before I voted. Sure it's throwing my vote away, but I get to be a smug rear end in a top hat about protest voting without actually spoiling a ballot.

This - Bokhari was the least objectionable candidate but lmao at anyone thinking that Murray would actually beat Gillingham.

The media has been making GBS threads on Murray for the last 2+ months - similar to Judy Wasylicia-Leis in the 2014 election, which resulted in the center-right candidate getting in instead and - shocker - the centre-right candidate won again tonight

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

former glory posted:

GOOOOOOOO CUPE :cheersdoge:

In what world do they (govt) think they'll have public support for this tactic, against this union specifically, and right now when nearly everyone is acutely aware of inflation and how it hits these members first, and hardest.

Lots of parents hate spending time with their kids OP

Combine that with the media running sob stories about teachers not caring about their students or whatever and I don't see this ending well for CUPE, or labour rights in general. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

Legit question from a non-Ontarioan - Is there anything someone not in Ontario can do to support CUPE / CUPE members, financially or otherwise?

ColdBlooded has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Nov 4, 2022

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Disappointing that they backed down but the media would've had a field day otherwise with headlines stating that Ford wanted to compromise but those greedy unions are being jerks or whatever - I think public opinion would've turned quickly as a result.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

guns are stupid and gun owners are stupider

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

pokeyman posted:

nationalize grocers today

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Of course she'll win, we live in hell world.

Isn't Lukaszuk a Conservative though? Odd to see them go after one of their own

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I don't really know where to post this but has anyone else had a flood come out of nowhere of suggested Facebook posts on their feed that are all massively chuddy recently?

The amount of anti-trans, anti LGTBQ+ or random Libertarian bullshit that I'm now getting as "suggested" pages.....I guess I shouldn't be surprised, social media has always promoted right wing bullshit over everything else, but it's been really blatant on my feed the last week or so.

Edit: I long ago unfriended anyone who posted stupid poo poo like that if that even matters; but it looks like Facebook is doubling down on this poo poo to try and keep up with Twitter I guess....

ColdBlooded has issued a correction as of 06:35 on May 13, 2023

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Yeah agreed - and traffic volumes on highway 1 are low enough there that if you just wait an extra 10 seconds instead of gunning it, you'll find a more suitable opening to go no problem.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Wheeee posted:

conservatives run province/city into ground -> NDP win power -> unable to unfuck massive systemic damage caused by conservatives -> NDP scapegoated for problems they didn’t cause -> conservatives are back in baby

The circle of life

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

im 46% of manitobans that watched that video and are screaming “FIVE MORE YEARS FIVE MORE YEARS”

Can't wait for the Liberal surge in voters because some people just weren't able to vote for the NDP this time around for some totally mysterious unknown reason

The Cons are going to win a bunch of Winnipeg seats with like 37% of the vote, similar to what happened in the two recent Winnipeg byelections, and I'm going to be very angry. There's also a disturbing amount of Robert Falcon-Ouellette signs out in Southdale for some reason, so I guess Audrey Gordon is going to be one of those Cons sneaking back in due to morons voting for RFO.

ColdBlooded has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Sep 6, 2023

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

there's so many loving manitoba pc signs in my area, who still wants to vote for heather stefanson????

People who don't want an Indigenous man as Premier for ~reasons~

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Manitoba :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Tuesday's result was a good one ultimately - but even though the Manitoba Cons ran a bafflingly terrible campaign, they still got 42% of the popular vote which is only a 5% decrease from 2019. I fear that they could've ran the exact same campaign and won had they had a more charismatic leader.