Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

can you drop kayfabe for a sec to translate this for me? spoilerblock if you gotta.

so I guess thats a no then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

50 I appreciate your commitment but some clarification on your thoughts in "normal speak" might be worthwhile for now.

yeah dont get me wrong, I just LOVE what he is doing with the character but some quick ooc chat here and there would be a big help.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

no worries! wonder how Juch has been doing on his cases in the meantime

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol efb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

nope, entirely flavor

if i'm right, they're bazett, the mage who gets murdered by kirei so he can use lancer

it's possible, if they die, i will become scum(which would make my power make more sense)

regardless of their flavour claim, would you find your mason partner to be townie otherwise?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

im starting to believe it

yeah, me too actually

##unvote

I'm still kinda suss on MT next and I was hoping a Juch flip would give me a better idea what to think of her. But I like those reads he gave now. What do you think of 50 though, Juch?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

i know nobody's voting me yet but i'm prepared to flavor claim if you guys really want me to

flavor claim doesn't mean anything so who cares, it's obvious anyway :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok, who else would be good...

I am still suspicious of MT and think dunking her would give a lot of info too, but I am kind of nervous about going for it so early. She participates well and explains her cases and often just sees things very differently from me.

B- sounded townie to me at the start of the day when he was checking in and dropping his reads... but during the day he's seemed to be holding back a lot more, mostly coming in when Tobbs allegedly found a scumslip from Rex. seems like a nice safe way to come in and participate if someone claims they found a gotcha. B- has also been lurking a lot, even though he does have the excuse of being in the other Mafia game I think he shouldve had a bit more to talk about by now.

Chic I'm starting to have doubts about again because even though I still had her mentally filed as a lurker, I checked postcounts a while ago (not sure if it's still accurate, phoneposting rn) and after me in obvious 1st place, and Quid still holding 2nd, Chic was in 3rd. That seems like a very low content/noise ratio for her to place that high.

Bread of course would still be a nice option. He's playing ball a bit more but getting actual reads and content out of him has been like pulling teeth.

Prince I could see as maybe scummy too but I'd rather give him a bit more time first.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

lesser scum:
b-minus: this is more of a "i don't see enough to chew on" kind of thing, and i dislike the way they only seem to appear when a case is building momentum, rather than starting many themselves

Juchero posted:

yeah so far they read town to me, otherwise I would have betrayed them already

if 50 can role play a loud idiot I can role play a loyal servant

???

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

since it's apparently not obvious, those were fake reads to throw people off the scent

this kinda makes me wanna vote you again :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man I don't know I'm feeling like go big or go home and just go for it voting MT... or stick with Bread

Chic Trombone posted:

i kinda want to request replacement tbqh me giving up on the game isn't fair to town

it would also be HORRIBLE for your flavor!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

probably doesn't help re: disconnection that i have no real knowledge or connection with of the flavor in a game that is so flavor-heavy

meh, I don't think the flavor actually matters in this game more than any other game, it's just that the people here who know it are all excited about it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

KhediveRex posted:

... You know what? This whole thing has gotten weirder all day. Even I am confused now.

My best bet is still Bread. I think we should discuss Bread a little more seriously. But there's three hours left on the clock and I'm the only one voting Bread right now. I don't want to be a part of the problem.

##vote Juchero

If he's town, we can probably survive fine without his power (I think Monathin summed that up well). If he's scum we can work through this weird flavor/alibi of his and maybe figure out why he thought pushing that was his best option.

I'd help you on Bread, but yeah.. it might still be worthwhile sticking with Juch. This whole drat day I've just been getting talked down from everyone I think is scummy and his flavor claim is still weird as hell. Maybe I shouldn't be backing off so fast just cause he FINALLY drops a couple reads I kinda agree with. And one of em that I agreed with was fake anyway. :v:

I would drop a vote here for Juch, but that'd be -1. Anyone got anything else to say?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok let's just vote then, this is -1:

##vote Juchero

hope everyone can get in night actions super fast again :dance:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

definitely gonna check out fate/stay night, it sounds awesome.

There's a Let's Play of it in the archive if anyone else wants to check it out without actually playing through the game. That thread is playing the original game though, with all the horrible dickworm stuff and awkward sex scenes. The later "Realta Nua" version of the game is the cleaned-up version which also has voice acting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:ghost: https://youtu.be/Zfx8-c63u0Q :ghost:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

bring on the next mafia anime that i can roleplay in please.

presign for Riven

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm just glad I prolly set a new record for earliest breadcrumb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

This series is garbage but watching endgame happen was fun

good game, was fun to watch overall besides the early dueling meltdowns

oh yeah, that feels like ages ago now! Me and Quid worked things out in Valhalla :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

OMG

Sal in masonchat posted:

Bif just called you out

MT in masonchat posted:

haha I'm not worried about it!

Bif is a lot like me - sometimes she gets so sure of her reads that she refuses to even think of "what if I'm wrong?" (see also: all of shine).

LIES

THIS IS THE SCUMMIEST THING :argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

I refuse to believe in a world in which quid and bif are not constantly mad at each other for no discernible reason

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid is Okosan
A flurry of flustered wings
In search of pudding

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Remember to always kill claimed 3P, dummies.

except me cause I was good, neuts in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Sal come play Riven

haha Sal in case you didn't know, the main plot of the Myst game was basically Pod doing to MT the exact same thing she just did to you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh hey, one thing I do think deserves mentioning - Sal, you (and anyone else reading) should try and avoid stuff like "I swear on X that I'm town" in the future. If it's a fair play for you to make as town, then it has to be fair for scum to lie about it too to avoid a town instawin. I think it's better to avoid this kind of "argument" entirely in Mafia cause it doesn't really prove anything to begin with. It just makes things more personally uncomfortable for anyone who actually puts any stock into vows like that meaning anything.

A common rule that's often listed in Mafia OP's is "no toxx or truth or dare or anything similar that goes against the spirit of Mafia." I've always kind of thought "swear" posts are getting into a grey area that almost falls under that rule. But only almost, since scum can just lie about it :cheeky: well, come to think of it, scum could just lie in truth or dare too, but the point is it would spoil the fun some people have by considering truth or dare sacred.

Murmur Twin posted:

- I promise you that everyone goes through a game where they mess it up for town, and we all empathize. If you keep playing Mafia you'll see other newbies do it and you'll empathize with them too.

also non-newbies doing it

Murmur Twin posted:

- That said, it's a mistake that people usually only make once or twice,

Dont believe MT's lies!! :cheeky:

(e: just fixed up a broken quote)

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 8, 2018

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

- You're well-liked amongst the Mafia scene, and I feel reasonably certain that most people here hope you stick around. I definitely do. :glomp:

oh wait, this one's not a lie, she must be done now haha

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

The other big problem with all of this is that basically everyone takes the "don't talk about active games" mantra very seriously, which...unless you're scum and have someone to bitch to built it, it can get REALLY frustrating really quick if you're the lone person in a sea of what you're perceiving as piles of poopoo. Maybe this is something we should consider laxing a bit for people not in the game so people can walk away from thread AND ALSO complain to someone; mechanically, we keep active games a no-discussion point for replacements / weird mechanics like active players talking to dead players, but it might be worth trying.

lol I already do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I maintain though, holy poo poo was it great to watch.

It really was, this was a very close nailbiter of a game and all the drama and intrigue (and even roleplaying!) was just great.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pre-sign for "get modkilled for saying something nice" mafia.

I would seriously run this game if I wasn't too torn by the thought of being unable to play in it.

• Locked thread