Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There's also a number of suits in internal cells that you won't have had the game generate yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I prefer the X-01 in Fo76 and am tempted to junk/sell the rest of my power armors to make space in my stash, but I just know they're going to eventually put some CAMP power armor display rack in the atom shop which I will buy like a sucker

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've been two handed meleeing basically the whole game and looking to change things up and do some ranged weaponing. I got a mediocre 3 star handmade (10% damage if youre a mutant, more damage while aiming, faster movement while aiming). I don't think I really want to do a bloodied build (and I don't have any bloodied ranged weapons).

Will this weapon work okay or should I keep looking? What's a good rifle build?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

I've been two handed meleeing basically the whole game and looking to change things up and do some ranged weaponing. I got a mediocre 3 star handmade (10% damage if youre a mutant, more damage while aiming, faster movement while aiming). I don't think I really want to do a bloodied build (and I don't have any bloodied ranged weapons).

this is a pretty decent all around build that has some decent sneak attack damage but can also go full bore in daily ops with some pretty high survivability

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

You will need to shift to agility for rifles, that’s the problem with fo76, your special stats control your build. With strength you should look at heavy weapons or shotguns, since those are also strength based weapons.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah, I got a bunch of points stashed, so I think I can make the switch. I tried heavy weapons and didn't really care for it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I changed my power first build character to a power fist, auto rifle build.

I have an instigating, faster swing speed gauntlet. I either one shot pretty any normal mob or do enough damage that I can follow up with a normal attack pretty instantly to finish them off. I have martial artists, incisor, and the 20% bonus damage in strength, plus barbarian and something else.

I then have a Junkies Faster fire rate handmade rifle, I have 60% damage boost from perk cards plus the armor pen park cards. I don't use vats or sneak so I don't really care about agility so I only have enough in there to max adrenaline.

With the changes I found being purely melee build now having a lot of limitations, I've reduced my melee performance probably like 10% or something but my ranged performance went up like 300%.

My main character though is a heavy gunner with a legacy two shot explosive gatling and its just silly against 99% of all the content in the game.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
FO4 Power Armor chat: Spawning low level isn't that big of a deal. You get acouple sets of guaranteed t51 from nuka world and far harbor, a full set of t60 from BoS and maybe atom cats, and there is a full set of special x01 in nuka world robot zone, and probably a few regular ones out in the world. There is also a full set of vanilla x01 in the rust devil bunker during automatron

edit: oh yeah, guaranteed x01 in the nuka world power plant too, I think. So the running theme is do nuka world, I guess

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

If you're on ps4 I can hook you up with some better guns than that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

If you want to use any weapon, just use it. 99% of the time your not fighting legendaries or scorchbeast queens. And when you do fight super tough bosses you are either with a group of 8 people or 20. No one is gonna single you out and make fun of your dps. And short of opening at trade with you they have no idea what type of weapon your using, you could even just lie to them.

I was thinking for awhile to do a troll thing with my camp and set up weapon stands when labels that all the weapons are B/E/25 weapons and just put regular guns on the stands. But didn't when I thought how much stash space I would be wasting for the 5 people who look at the camp.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 15, 2020

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lmao the Bombs Drop event isnt even an event, its just a 2x xp/2x Score/25% off sale at the purveyor.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
the criticism of "the Halloween event freezes, crashes my game, and lags pretty badly" was apparently too much for Bethesda to deal with in a year.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I have zero interest in keeping up with their fomo score system.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Now that it’s on Steam and often on sale, is 76 a decent enough game to look at if I only want to solo content and not lay a monthly fee for a not-MMO?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It was already that at release so yes :smuggo:

Sounds like it is harder to be an all-powerful god-ruler now but I am sure it is still fun, especially with the addition of actual NPC humans to interact with

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How can you call the smoldering pile that was launch 76 "decent enough"?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

chaosapiant posted:

Now that it’s on Steam and often on sale, is 76 a decent enough game to look at if I only want to solo content and not lay a monthly fee for a not-MMO?

If you are looking for more fallout stuff and you can wait for it to be on sale, there is a chance you will get your moneys worth. Currently the wastelanders story leans heavily on the release story aka, you do 1/3 of the wastelander story and then it tells you its time to do the old stuff. You can do both the raider and settler story lines as long as you don't start eithers final quest which locks out the other side. Or you can just make another character and do it again.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 16, 2020

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

No.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Rinkles posted:

How can you call the smoldering pile that was launch 76 "decent enough"?
I really had no more problems with the game at launch (well, other than when they deleted our installs during beta) than I did with 3 or New Vegas or 4. So it was purely an issue of whether I enjoyed exploring and shooting through a dead world by myself or with precisely one (1) real-life friend, and I very much did.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
IDK how you can say 4 was as bad, unless you were particularly lucky (or I unlucky).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

F76 is fun now buy it. Or play it on Game Pass, whatever

Also don't be a nerd and play with people, the groups feature makes it easy and you don't even have to talk, it's at the very least free fast travel points. PVP/griefing is very very rare, most people help each other.

If a meaningful narrative that reacts to whatever you do is important for you in a Fallout game, play New Vegas or hope Obsidian makes another game. This is not what that is about which is why it's fun because Bethesda is not good at Meaningful Narratives anyway.

Roman fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 16, 2020

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Free extra poo poo in groups since that’s like half of the charisma perks too.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The game is worth $30 now I'd say, at least for one play through. If you can get it cheaper then that even better.

Turn on pacifist mode immediately and you don't have to really worry about any players attacking you, but since I started playing again like a month ago no one has ever attacked me.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
They cant actually kill you unless you take a workshop or fire back at them. Even then, you just lose whatever junk you have on you.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There's a ton of cool stuff on the atom shop that you'll never be able to get without blowing hundreds of dollars a month. I saw a neat Halloween themed house today that probably cost $30-40 in just C.A M.P items.

Also let us have multiple C.A.M.P.S around the map but only one can be active or something.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I bought the Halloween wall decor and they clip through the bricks in the brick wall textures, so that didn't work out for me

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i am tim! posted:

Fallout Psykers are also weird FEV test subjects who’s powers come with wildly negative side-effects. From what we’ve seen if you’re lucky, you can either be blobby mastermind made of many people, or you can make vague predictions that come with debilitating migraines that can only be controlled by wearing a weird metal hat.

psykers arent from FEV its either radiation or something humans innately had even before the bombs dropped (or combination of both)

FEV does seem to heighten the powers of psykers, possibly provided it doesnt kill them or turn them into mindless brutes. Master was likely a psyker before taking a dip in FEV

chaosapiant posted:

if you're in no hurry the next big story content update is in a month and that might be the time to try it out so you have all the quests available to dabble in starting out

its also on gamepass if you already have that

all that said id put the game pretty firmly in "fallout 4 but other people running around" these days and the worst part of people running around (level spiking on enemies in areas because some level 200 dude stomped by in your vicinity) isnt a thing anymore so the 1-50 experience is a lot smoother now if youre just looking for playing through the quests and story bits

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I maintain that magic is an innate part of science that is not able to be harnessed by Capital and so ignored.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh hey, they're still working on this.

https://youtu.be/JanHMbRjNJ8

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I refuse to believe that mod is ever going to be released.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It comes out right after the oblivion-morrowind mod, skyrim-morrowind mod, and morrowind mod that adds back in the mainland of morrowind.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Don't sleep on OpenMW and Dagger Unity.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Don't forget Fallout Miami!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Daggerfall unity is fun, but there's something with the old systems where you can max your character as soon as you leave the tutorial dungeons that just turns me off of daggerfall and morrowind. I like the natural skill growth systems of oblivion and skyrim.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Who punches a brahmin wtf leave the poor cows alone

I'm reminded of whoever it was in fo2... I want to say in Modoc? Doing bad bad things.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
76 is $16 on steam right now - def picking it up so I can rumage through trash like an irradiated raccoon

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Grimoire posted:

76 is $16 on steam right now - def picking it up so I can rumage through trash like an irradiated raccoon
You can play for free on Steam for 5 days, should probably try that first.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Who punches a brahmin wtf leave the poor cows alone

I'm reminded of whoever it was in fo2... I want to say in Modoc? Doing bad bad things.

Bug men hurt moo moos.

Which reminded me of the ridiculously verbose conversations that two low Intelligence characters have with each other. :3:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

chaosapiant posted:

If you still want to gently caress around in it you can have my old account, its PC and I guess youd have to use their launcher? PM me if you (or anyone else) wants access. It's been unused for a long time and I dont see that ever changing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Grimoire posted:

Its also completely free assuming you already pay for Gamepass.

At a price of $0, I've been reasonably entertained doing the story stuff