Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm honestly surprised so many people played The Fall pt 1

I remember it getting a bunch of air time on various GotY podcasts the year it was released, specifically I remember Vinny going to bat for it for best story during the Giant Bomb GotY casts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Melee came out 17 years ago. Death comez for us all.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The need to constantly turn a profit to keep your shareholders happy kinda sucks and is unsustainable for most companies, woo capitalism.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My twist on the 'Battle Royale' genre is where you pick from the greatest kings and queens of history and the last one standing rules the world. Please paypal me $250,000 for this idea, thank you.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Cowcaster posted:

isn't that the plot of sid meier's civilization

ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In France they call it a battle royale with cheese.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

MMF Freeway posted:

I feel that I like mgs4 more than most but when it came out and was getting 10/10 flawless masterpiece ratings from every gaming media outlet I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I remember Shane Bettenhausen on a 1up podcast saying something like "if you don't appreciate this game you're a peasant" which was dumb enough that I remember him saying it a decade later.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Best gaming moment is the ending sequence of Mario Odyssey.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
We made a breakfast bake this morning. Then we cooked something to eat :420:

But we really did make a breakfast bake. Biscuits on bottom, layered sausage, cheese, and eggs with homemade white gravy on top, then baked for 35 minutes. It's good and last us three days, but it's also probably 1000 calories a serving but I'm already fat as poo poo so bring it on.

Also played more Skyrim. Woo weekend video games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

chumbler posted:

drat, Nintendo. Ease up a bit.

CREAM

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Scrap copper is worth over $2 a pound, find a few old car radiators.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
OG Paper Mario still the best Paper Mario.

TTYD is dope too but I haven't replayed that one in a decade because Gamecube was the perfect system and we are sinners and will never be blessed with a GC VC.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Star Wars is dumb. I don't mean that in some "haha owned" way but in a "they have an entire section of Star Wars themed pet toys and costumes at the pet store" dumb way.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I love cooking and I'm moving into a new apartment with a dope kitchen in a month and I am hella looking forward to using my stand mixer more often. Homemade ice cream, booyah.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Ya'll ever bake an egg in an avocado? It's pretty great and well worth the cost of owning a home.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Coffee rules, drinking it right now.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Wildtortilla posted:

I like all coffees except flavored coffee. Any flavor or sweetener added to coffee ruins it for me. If you want the best coffee find a local roaster and buy from them. Freshness is the #1 thing that will make coffee enjoyable. For years I bought stuff like 8 o'clock, Gevalia, etc from the grocery store and I had to add milk to make them all palettable. A few years ago I tried coffee from a local roaster and it was a game changer. I buy my coffee straight from their roasting headquarters at wholesale cost and it's the best coffee. I drink it black and love every cup.

In summary, if you want to enjoy coffee, freshness is the #1 thing to consider.
From last page but if you're even the slightest bit interested in coffee outside of something to quickly gulp in the AM to give you a bolt listen to this goon. I worked for a decade in a cafe that roasted their own coffee in house every other day, access to freshly roasted and ground coffee was a great perk and one of the things I miss about working there. Some of the best coffees I've ever had were organic Brazilian (light with notes of blueberry) and Monsooned Malabar (rich and earthy, the smell would remind me of flipping over a log in the woods, it was amazing) and I miss them both. I know there are some local coffee roasters in the area I live in now, I really have to go and buy a pound of something soon, the k-cups I've been using aren't really cutting it and I can get a pound of good coffee for the same price.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
TMS#FE is good and I will rebuy it on Switch and replay it for 85 hours and maybe beat it this time.

Also lol at Colin Moriarty saying the liberal cabal has no power, how's Kinda Funny working out for you bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm sure Ubisoft will paint with some very fine brush, I've been told there are good people on both sides.

• Locked thread