Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I watched that whole game and IT questioning anyone else's play is hilarious

I can't believe I once thought the Cavs won that trade

Also I'm enjoying the hell out of the reporter on the left doing her best not to roll her eyes. Instead her eyes are just kind of dead

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm fine with using Iso Joe as a victory cigar

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elotana posted:

Honestly not sure why Houston is signing 11th and 12th guys when Dan Tony won't play more than 9, when all our wings were back Green was rotting on the bench

Wright at least make some sense. Presumably Nene can avoid any back to backs at all now and the bigs have been fighting injuries all season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So what? The goal isn't to play in a competitive conference

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dirk had his first dunk of the season last night, soaring four or five inches off the ground to throw one down

He will as a result miss tonight's game against the Rockets with an ankle injury

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean

Capela was really really good last season too

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I would literally have zero clue if that was legal if I watched it in real time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

creamcorn posted:

the time he bragged about cutting people's knees in the pickup basketball thread.

Wait what

:murder:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Kibner....wtf at your new avatar. That drat baby is truly terrifying.

Also just coming in here to say good Monday morning to my basketball bros. I love Victor Oladipo and can't wait for him to win the slam dunk contest.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I feel confident that the Lakers will be able to sign him after the draft is over

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huh, didn't expect them to hang onto granny shot

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't recall the last time I saw it called, but we do get people yelling out "Five! Six! Seven!" etc if you park in the lane

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Pro click. Nothing more than I hate when playing pickup ball when I'm playing with a guy who I know likes to drive and who knows that I can shoot and where I'm at on the floor, and then some other goober comes along and tells me to start running all over the place for no reason and cutting across driving lanes for the guy with the ball

Seriously, stop trying to set a screen for me when I'm clearly trying to do an entry pass to the post. Stop cutting into an area that has 2 other guys on your team in it. Stop running out of an open jump shot to cut across the floor to no where. Moving isn't always good!

My major pet peeve is and will always be people who pick up their dribble the second you come over and set up a screen

Second is when I've established position in the post and a teammate just comes on over to hang out, or a teammate who can't shoot (and never even really tries) sets up in the corner so his man can sag into the low block

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

i have come to share the shot chart of the houston rockets versus minnesota timberwolves in the 4th quarter of tonight's basketball game

What idiot took the long 2?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rockets made one fewer three than the Wolves attempted and also shot them at a much higher percentage, it owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

your houston rockets are top of the league

get on the board the bandwagon, we have lovable fan favorites chris paul and james harden to root for against the great evil

:yeah:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe if they performed basic maintenance on their arena

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dutchy posted:

Rondo once committed an unforced 8 second violation in a playoff game because he's a huge bitch boy that couldn't stop pouting when Charlie Villanueva beat him at connect four

That owned, Rondo gave zero fucks for the five or six minutes he was in that game before Carslile pulled him and ended his Mavs career

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jason Terry and Jason Smith killing the Clippers, after James Harden faded like a broken hologram, is a bigger accomplishment than 90% of NBA championships

Jason Smith

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not if he's going to the highest bidder

Hell, I'm not sure Houston isn't hard capped at this point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wiggins, a bad player, is always healthy which gives you the value of always having a bad player on the floor

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

Sometimes you can trade Gail Goodrich and Junior Bridgeman for Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul Jabbar

That's the better way to do it: everyone agrees.

(I know the trade for Goodrich wasn't a straight up swap)

Trade your chaff for Jimmy Harden, then a few years later trade a beloved player and a godlike Lou Williams for CP3 with those two moves sandwiching improbably discovering an elite swiss center in the latter part of the first round

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Assuming Beverley stayed healthy and Lou played like he has been for the Clippers: are the Rockets better this year without making the CP3 trade?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Oh weird I didnt know basketball was a pissing match to see who tanks more between the lakers and the 76ers. Learn something new everyday

All sports fandom eventually boils down to a pissing match of some kind or another

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intentionally sucking for years so you can one day vie for the 8 seed in the east doesn't seem like the greatest thing for fans to watch

e: Yes I get the irony of an Astros fan saying this

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 20, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Of the top 10 centers by WS this season and last season combined, five are lottery picks, five were taken later than the 20th pick. I think scouting of bigs is worse than other positions for some reason.

Funny enough, the plan was to stash Capela in Europe for a few years but he forced the Rockets hand. I guess it worked out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/966032920870834176

I know jack and poo poo about this guy, but the name makes me laugh.

Cool, Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon reincarnated into a shared body

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

morestuff posted:

Isn’t it the DX people now? They’ve never really tried on need until way closer

The DX people really know how to break it down

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

For your MVP consideration, James Harden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkLUjmJzZM

e: apparently this is two years old but whatever it's a good video

I'm way behind on this thread, but the top comment on the Deadspin article about this video was "Give the kid a break, he learned to play defense from James Harden"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bashez posted:

Well, I'm convinced Kawhi's uncle is pushing him to get out to LA. He'll be in a Lakers uniform soon and the destruction of NBA will be complete.

Kawhi for Ryan Anderson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvanTH posted:

"no no no no NOOOOOOOooo Noo" lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLGRhQVecs

edit: broadcast version: https://streamable.com/mu4kd

How do you let the guy who you know with 100% certainty is going to get the last shot get that open

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^^ lol

KD had the balls to say Capela has it easy after he joined a team that had just set the wins record without him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was inevitable

https://twitter.com/iamHectorDiaz/status/969064451574964224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wes Johnson's corpse is blocking the door

• Locked thread