Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

this game looks bad, and I usually really like lovely eurojank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So what perks are people going for? I have a couple points, but none of the ones I have available to me really jumped out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You have to hold the button down to give yourself more time to rummage through the person's pockets, but the chance of getting caught goes up the longer you hold the button. It's tricky, but not terrible, I don't think.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

FuzzySlippers posted:

The archery shakes are pretty absurd. Do they get better as you level up? It is also a weird idea in a game that likes to trumpet realism and immersion. IRL I have no particular skill at archery but I don't wobble around like I'm having a seizure.

Something I noticed which allowed me to get a bullseye on basically every shot in the competition - for me, at least, the wobbling was only happening from side to side, not up and down.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tip for anyone doing alchemy: Vitality potions have extremely common ingredients.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress me, I just spent ten minutes in a duel with a bandit leader. Finally started to wear him down (while accidentally aggroing a bunch of loving bandit archers) and I killed his rear end and took his armor and sword. Now it's time to make potions to pay for the repair bill on it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bees everywhere posted:

Man, you can really go from 0-100 quick in this game. I don't think I'm that far in the main quest (just finished that whole Neuhof bandits line of quests) but I've got full plate and that Becephalus horse with an awesome saddle and everything. You can get filthy rich just doing the bandit camp side quests and then looting the dead bandits and selling their gear. Cuman ambushes are pretty terrifying at first but once you've killed a couple and taken their armor it gets much easier.

You really do. Earlier today I fought the wandering knight that challenges you to a duel, I fought him for the entire day without even making a dent in him, then I tried again when I encountered him later and beat him. I hope he has a full set of armor you can win from him, the brigandine I got is dope.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Mediocre posted:

I had very high expectations of jank buying this but the core feels surprisingly solid. There's a lot of very dumb systems, bugs and design decisions but so far they're just charming enough to be forgivable. One thing I'm struggling to get to grips with is working out exactly when I'm outclassed to the extent that there's no hope for me, and when I'm just being a coward by running away. I'm absolutely terrible at sword combat but it doesn't feel unfair and I think it could be really fun once I figure it out. How on earth are you supposed to deal with 2 or more opponents though? It seems like just having the lowliest second dork taking pops at you from the side cannot be dealt with at all, due to the lock-on system.

Better armor basically makes you ignore hits at the cost of the armor's durability. Once you have that, fighting a group of bandits is no trouble at all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish I understood why participating in archery contests doesn't provide a skill boost to archery.

I'm having a bitch of a time raising archery. I want to get to 5 so I can stop wearing a vambrace.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sheep posted:

What are you supposed to do when the enemy grapples? Is there any way to grapple back?

I've also tried kicking with left trigger (Xbox gamepad on PC) and it seems to do nothing.

You can win a clench by mashing the attack button. Maybe it's the same for a grapple?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Is this game better suited to KB/M or controller?

I found lockpicking basically impossible on a 360 controller.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh god grinding alchemy up is going to be a GIGANTIC pain in the rear end isn't it

Is there a mod that just lets me hit button --> brew potion once I have the ingredients

It's a perk you can get at level 10. It does take a little while to get that, though. I just put a video on while I did it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

So, I know this has probably been asked a heap of times now, but what's the fastest/easiest way to get stealth up to five, so I can get the stealth-kill perk? Since I'm up to 'Nest of Vipers' and although I can get into the camp and wander around gathering intel on the Cumans and Runt's gang (before burning some of their arrows) easily enough, I'd like to be able to pick off some of the sentries around the place, to hopefully make things a bit easier, later on.

The game spawns in what it needs so killing people during the sabotage doesn't actually do anything - I wasn't skilled at stealth so I killed the entire cuman camp in open combat, but there were still cumans during the assault.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Whoever thought Needle in a Haystack was a good quest should not be designing video games.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

Just testing now and without the perk I can just throw wine, one nettle and two belladonna into a cauldron, put it in a phial and I have saviour schnapps. :stare:

e: same with bowman's brew. Just put ingredients straight in pot, put in phial, all good.

Does following the recipe get you more output? I feel like it does, but I haven't tested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

That being said, there is actually a bug that prevents you from saving more than ~300 times. You need to load your save, go into your Windows profile, delete all the saves from the KCD folder, then alt+tab back in and save again, which will put you back to save #1.

I think this is only if you use the autosave mod. I'm just using the mod that makes saviour's schnapps non-consumable and my save is up to 400.