Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

These posters are going down hill. The last great one was Pacific Rim.

Also gently caress them for not letting me snag 'em at the lobby when it's over and no one wants them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ungulateman posted:

Movie felt uncannily similar to man of steel for reasons I will expand on when I'm not phone posting

Wakanda kinda looked like Kyrpton

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shanty posted:

White weighs in.

No surprises here. He burns the Democrats and praises Snyder, After Earth and Chronicles of Riddick of all things. It rules.

I don’t need to read it to know it does not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's funny, the only part of the movie I didn't like is the rhino. The rhino stopping it's charge to give a warrior a lil smooch really took me out of the scene as a gag that really didn't need to be there. There's a lot of tension in the fight and things are super serious so I didn't quite get why they had to suddenly end one of the conflicts on a funny CGI animal.

Children.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I truly disagree with the notion that a comedic scene undercuts a dramatic scene. For me, it's super palpable to have mad tension, and then laugh as a release. It's supposed to be a calming moment to let you know that the shift has happened. I don't think it ruins anything. It just shifts it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DC Murderverse posted:

You're right in that doing that doesn't inherently ruin the moment but some of the Marvel movies do it to the point where it becomes a very obvious trope and gets less interesting the more it is done.

Guardians Vol 2 worked the best for me but apparently no one else here so I don’t now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

If you live on a planet where crack grows on trees, sure.

It’s the best.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bucky

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PostNouveau posted:

I didn't catch one. Didn't make any loving sense to me.
The father said he wanted to keep the path to the throne clean. Or something to that effect.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll take any vine reference in these trying times.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FirstAidKite posted:

That thing was dead in 2016, I just feel like it really poorly dates the film. It'd be like if the they started doing gangnam style in one of the south korean scenes or if they did the shooting stars thing to represent him going to speak with his ancestors or if they had any of his warriors do that ugandan knuckles thing during the civil war at the end or if the white cia guy said "SOMEBODY TOUCHA MY SPINETT" after waking up from getting healed after the bullet hit him.

It just really takes me out of the film.

I agree it should’ve been a more timeless vine. Like “ahh i could’ve dropped my croissant.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FirstAidKite posted:

Or maybe just don't put memes in your movie

e: I would have allowed it if it was "back at it again at krispy kreme"

Hell yes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bongo Bill posted:

I like the use of percussion in this movie's soundtrack. Okay, bye.

I’m sorry but you cannot go

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Didn’t they just adapt the comics? Was Ross being in the CIA a problem then? Or just this movie?

I’m asking because saying this has “the worst politics of all time” is a pretty insane claim to make, and I’m curious if this carries over to the source

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That’s not what he does in the movie though, so I’m not sure why it matters. He’s portrayed as smug and ignorant but also heroic and well intentioned. Either he’s meant to be emblematic of the CIA generally, and that’s a very generous view of the CIA, or he’s just a dude who happens to be a CIA agent and the movie has nothing to say about the CIA at all.

It’s the second one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. Because they are adapting the source material. So if it’s not a problem in the source but it’s a problem in the movie then

:thunk:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

garycoleisgod posted:

Also, Ross was not a CIA agent in the comics!
He's Department of State, NSA and Shield. This might just be splitting hairs as all those organisations have their own problems, but he wasn't CIA. That's a MCU change.

Okay, this answered my question thank you. Then it’s fair criticism.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dawg it’s Creed yo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I do not know why anyone values their input on anything.

They are wonderful

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

ant-man is a thief who murdered a guy by literally shrinking him to death

Yellow Jacket was gonna murder his kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Does it occur to you that if you put two tacos face down together they will become a sandwich

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yes and this is obviously not true.

SAYS YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would step away from the computer for a bit if the film is causing you this much distress.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

Well, at least something good came of this movie.

A lot of good things came from the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

What the gently caress point are you even groping towards? Discussions like what?

Black Panther is a big deal regardless what CineD thinks of it I believe is what the point is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gohmak posted:

But only us blacks hold it in high regard and continued patronage so it doesn’t matter.

It’s pretty well liked across the board though? :shrug:

• Locked thread