Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Shadowlyger posted:

Fully upgraded fully stocked starbase: 12k

Enemy fleet: 70k

Yeah, I dunno what you're doing wrong, in my game it's not even 2400 yet and I'm rocking a starbase with 19K fleet power - and that was before I realized you could scroll down when designing defense platforms to get large gun mounts.

It's also worth noting that the fleet power of bastion-designed starbases is misleading anyways, a lot of that fleet power is tied up in the absurdly beefy starbase itself. An enemy fleet can strip away the starbase's defense platforms, but then they're stuck slowly chipping away at the starbase while the fully functional starbase whittles down their own fleet and combat power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Gort posted:

I had a star tribe say they were coming over to raid me. I was terrified because I've seen individual fleets of theirs in the 6-10k range, and my fleet is only 3.7k. Then a bunch of time passed, they said they were done raiding and went home. I never saw their fleet.

Maybe they got distracted enroute, but it'd be cool if there was unique dialogue for that.

I had one star tribe say they were going to raid me.

Shortly after I got a message saying that their raiding fleet had been destroyed and the raid was off.

When I zoomed to the site of the event, it bought me to the territory of ANOTHER star tribe. Apparently the first star tribe tried to route their raid through the territory of the second, and they disagreed with each other.

axeil posted:

Got a simple question for folks.

If you get raided by pirates/raiders are they able to steal your stockpiled food/energy/minerals or just blow stuff up?

Yeah, they can steal resources and enslave pops. It's a bit of a bitch.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn’t there a way to rename systems?

Also how is everyone using starbases? The economy possible on one looks pretty solid, I had a colony in a nebula and built trading posts and the mineral building. 24 energy and 6 minerals didn’t seem half bad, though not particularly efficient from a minerals standpoint.

I originally used mine to make a Great Wall of Starbases sealing off my nearest rival from any avenue of expansion, but that's gotten real expensive and at any rate I've expanded to the point where he isn't really a threat anymore.

That's the thing about starbases, really, making a series of starbases to block off chokepoints is cool in theory, but in practice there's a shitload of potential chokepoints and it's bloody expensive making them all big enough to hold off an enemy fleet.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Am I imagining things or weren't there supposed to be settings for various fleet combat doctrines and ways to set a fleet to automatically roll around and take out pirates/raiders? I can't find anything of the sort.

The combat doctrines are the finisher for the Supremacy tradition tree.

Not sure about the automatically rolling around thing, though, that sounds like your imagination.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Staltran posted:

Isn't the tribute pretty affordable? I think Wiz paid them off with 500 food in one of the pre-release streams.

The thing is, if an AI empire pays them off to raid you they don't take tribute - and if an AI empire doesn't like you they will always, without fail, hire them to raid you before you can do the same to them because the AI knows when the Marauders are ready to raid and you don't.

Raids where they're willing to take tribute are notably rarer in my experience than raids where they aren't.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Eiba posted:

I finally explored the wormhole in the middle of my empire and horrors! It lead right to the heart of a powerful fanatic purifier empire on the other side of the galaxy!

Alright, what a great story, let's get this going, this is what wormholes are for!

Except... I can't declare them rivals for some reason even though we have equivalent power. Nor can I make claims on them. They've done nothing to acknowledge me. I don't think the game actually knows we're neighbors.

God drat it, I just wanted to play DS9, why does this of all features have to be kinda broken.

I had a similar issue, it was quickly resolved when the Determined Exterminators expanded out and claimed the empty wormhole, thus giving us "official" borders and giving us the appropriate containment/extermination CBs. The game could probably stand to consider wormholes adjacent for the purposes of borders, though, yeah.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Had my first Great Khan trigger and conclude. It seems like Khanates expand in a "circular" fashion, attacking one angle, then moving to the next, then the next, and so on. This presumably helps to give their targets time to recover and build up a fleet, since otherwise if the khanate's fleets all went down one direction they could overwhelm most mid-game empires, but the AI seems to get a little "stuck" if you manage to hold up their expansion at an early bottleneck - they kept sending fleet after fleet in to get mulched and weren't expanding quickly in every other direction. If I hadn't gotten overconfident and gotten my fleet defeated in an attempt to decapitate the Khanate home system, they probably wouldn't have gotten much beyond half a dozen systems before the Khan died. Once my fleet was out of the picture, though, they started spreading out much faster and were carving healthy chunks out of the AI empires, including one empire's homeworld. My early bottlenecking still had its effect, though, the Khan died of disease before their conquests got particularly impressive. If there wasn't a power capable of holding them in check, I could see a Khanate becoming a terrifying mid-game threat.

As it was, they got to about a dozen systems before they splintered into diadochi with disconnected border gore. Hopefully one of them will annex the other and make that whole mess look a lot prettier.

On the whole, despite the Khanate being a bit of a wet fart in my game, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It forced me to devote almost all my attention and resources to keeping it in check, but it never felt unstoppable - just dangerous and challenging. It was a great way to shake up the normally complacent mid-game, and I'm finding myself almost to 2400 and only just recovering from the Khanate wars.

That being said I HAD expanded to like a quarter of the galaxy, no idea what that all would have looked like if I'd been playing a more tall game.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I went to save my civilians from the pirate abductor event chain and when I dropped in my immense overwhelming fleet I lol'd and gloated over their immanent demise.

it was less than effective... or too effective... and the result was depressing as gently caress.

I'm genuinely curious - I watched the Orcs vs Elves stream before and both times the event popped the civilians died. My civilians died as well, and every time I've run into the event in discussions the civilians died.

Has anyone ever actually managed to save the civilians?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

I feel like the maintenance costs for defense platforms could use a balance pass. A fully upgraded citadel with a full set of defense platforms can stop an end-game fleet, but the total maintenance costs are a significant fraction of the cost of a comparable fleet. When you need 4-6 citadels to fully block off the significant chokepoints to even a single enemy empire, that can get unsustainable in a hurry unless you've already got such a massive income that you've effectively won the game already. And you do need to fully fortify EVERY chokepoint - leaving a weak spot allows an enemy to Maginot line your perimeter by punching through the weak spot and rampaging in your helpless rear areas, which after a status quo peace will render your original defensive line hilariously useless. Maintenance costs aside, that's a major weakness of static defenses - it's possible to present a formidable border guard, but if you can punch through the defenses somewhere (and you can always punch through if you mass enough fleets) you have a free hand to ruin your enemy's day until reinforcements show up - which can take a while in a large empire that's relying on static defenses to make up for the fact that it isn't possible to effectively cover every front with mobile forces. If the enemy can't reverse your gains before the status quo peace kicks in, odds are good that you'll have managed to invalidate their entire expensive defensive line, forcing them to reconstruct it all (which takes a boatload of both time and resources).

Somewhat ironically, static defenses seem more useful against weaker empires than stronger ones - you can use the static defenses to hem in an enemy incapable of amassing the power to punch through while you deploy your mobile forces to counter a stronger enemy's fleets.

I realize that some of these specific complaints could theoretically be managed by diplomacy, but that's not really an option for Inward Perfection civs. Maybe Inward Perfection should get a bonus to starbase maintenance and construction? Heck, it'd even fit in with the whole "China in Space" theme by allowing them to build the Great Wall of Space.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Jabor posted:

I don't think defenses are really there to totally no-sell a comparable enemy. They exist so that you can go on the offensive without having to worry about the war turning into a base race - and for that, they only need to hold a fleet long enough that your own fleet can arrive.

4-6 systems is a really wide front line, incidentally (so you'd expect that to hinder the relative effectiveness of static defenses). Even playing on large elliptical layout with default hyperlane density, I can typically lock down one front (to the point where going around would take so long the war would be over) with only two defensive positions. Yes, that would mean giving up the handful systems on the wrong side of the natural choke points, but that's just a choice you have to make when choosing to focus on defense.

I agree that citadels shouldn't be wholly impenetrable, but anything less than a fully-specced bastion starbase with maximum defense platforms is rolled over in the snap of a finger by a late-game fleet, and the aforementioned fully-specced bastion can easily run into (from memory, I'd have to check for the exact numbers) 70 or more energy per bastion, most of it from the defense platforms. Multiply that by the length of the front line, and it gets tricky to pay for all that - and this isn't getting into the cost in time and minerals it takes to actually get those bastions up and running in the first place, or more critically the time it takes to replace defense platforms after a battle. As for the length of the front line, 4-6 chokepoints is what I came up with AFTER I deliberately designated wide swathes of the border to be abandoned in the event of war specifically to cut down on the amount of systems I needed to defend - had I been attempting to fully defend the primary border, I'd have been looking at 10 or more starbases, plus 6 more on the secondary front. It's great that you're in a situation where you can afford to defend only a handful of chokepoints, but that's hardly guaranteed in every strategic situation. In my own case, I spawned in a pretty wide open area with only two other empires in the region - there was no way I could have controlled my expansion to guarantee only one or two access points for the other empires, not without restricting my expansion to like a dozen systems maximum.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

prussian advisor posted:

So if you build multiple crew quarters modules in the same starbase, do their bonuses stack (ie 2x crew quarters = 50% upkeep reduction)? I'm assuming not, but I wanted to confirm before spending a bunch of spacebucks in this ironman game.

I don't think you CAN build multiple of the same building (as opposed to modules), so the point is moot.

I.E. You can build multiple shipyards and trading hubs in the same starbase, but you can only build one fleet academy or offworld trading company.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone has having a problem with jump drives not working? The ships are still using hyperlanes.

Jump drives need to be manually activated to work as jump drives, it's a button near the top part of the fleet window. Without doing so they just act as normal, souped-up hyperlane engines.

Note that using the jump drives applies a debuff to sublight speed and weapons damage for the duration of the jump drives' recharge, 120 days.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Eiba posted:

I started next to fanatic purifiers, oh no! Except they got boxed in and are tiny and weak. Time to deal with them.

The only CB I have against them is "End Threat (Containment)".

Uh, what is that and how does it work?

So theoretically a Containment War is intended to wipe the other nation off the face of the galaxy and annex everything. This, obviously, doesn't happen on anything but the smallest nations.

However, with a Containment War CB you don't need to wait for a status quo peace to occupy and own what you take. Any system you conquer is now yours - conversely, any system they take will immediately begin the purging. Basically every containment war is intended to bring you one step closer to stamping out the threat of the Evil Space Nazis once and for all, even if you're unlikely to make it all happen in the first war.

Node posted:

I'm new to this game and was told to wait for this patch before playing it. It sounds like there are a lot of issues. Will I get too confused at stuff that might be broken, and should wait for another patch instead?

The fuckery is mostly (with the exception of fleet manager wonkiness) in the deeper implications of the system later on, I think, on a fundamental level the game should be mostly fine.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Danny Glands posted:

In my game, all the NPC empires are Slaving Despots. Is this a known bug?

It's PROBABLY random chance, sometimes the dice just rolls that way.

That being said I HAVE seem a direct democracy get the "slaving despot" AI type, which I've never seen before 2.0, so...:shrug:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Ascended my hyper Spiritualist birds into robot bodies for a lark, turns out they utterly despise themselves. I'm equal parts horrified and amused at the idea of immortal robot peacocks who are constantly all WHY DID WE DO THIS.

You know the idea of Catholic guilt and original sin? You're gonna have a super interesting cultural mythology for your people several hundred years down the road.

Pigbuster posted:

merge everything when they get there.

If you have all transports selected and you click the "merge" option, they'll automatically route and merge with your largest army transport/the transport with a general in it across star systems.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Still looking for an answer for this? Also I guess the tutorial is not a pregenerated guided experience, but more of a 'hey you clicked on this, this is what it does' kinda thing?

Because it started me off next to a Devouring Swarm and I'm assuming that's really bad because they're huge.

I THINK the game only generates civs based on the DLC you have, but I'm not sure because I'm usually pretty current with the DLC. Don't think I saw a plantoid civ until I picked up the related DLC, though. CK2 needs to have the historical civs in whether you have the DLC or not because you can't really have, say, Muslims not in the game because you don't have the Sword of Islam DLC, but in a wholly randomized experience like Stellaris that's not really a factor.

And yeah, the tutorial is purely "Hey, I see X thing has happened in your game, here's some tips." You are by no means guaranteed an easy start.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

I feel like there must be something I'm missing about expansion, all the AI factions I meet seem to be expanding faster than I am. I'm definitely limited by influence and that rate of gain is fairly constant, so I'm slightly puzzled as to how they're two outposts ahead of me by year 15. The only way I'm keeping up at all is that I'm not dumb enough to be grabbing lovely system like they are.

Egalitarians can focus on making people happy for major influence gains, and authoritarians get a flat boost to influence gain. I'm not sure if it changed in 2.0, but democracies used to be able to farm pretty silly amounts of influence via mandates.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Oh, and the AI could potentially have gotten traditions that reduce the influence cost of starbases or straight up give a boost to influence.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

ulmont posted:

So the Great Khan is busy pushing my poo poo in and alone has a fleet triple mine. Is there a "swear fealty" option that will show up?

If you diplo-contact the Khan (click on their little flag on an owned star system, or go through the Contacts screen), you have the option of "discussing surrender" which gives you a pretty good overview of what surrendering entails - mostly if I recall correctly giving up a percentage of your resource income and naval capacity in exchange for being denoted a tributary. You still keep your independence and territories not already lost to the Horde, though I'm not sure if you lose diplomatic freedom. After the Khan dies (and he will eventually, of old age if nothing else) the Horde will go through SOME form of political upheaval that should allow you to break free if you so desire.

Also when discussing surrender, you have the option of telling the Horde "Actually, we meant the terms of YOUR surrender." There are absolutely no negative consequences for this whatsoever.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Dongattack posted:

So whats the point of setting a homebase for a fleet? It's where it'll form up when you initially build it, but is there any point to updating the homebase closer to the front after that?

One of the dev diaries touched on home bases and promised to talk about their cool features later, but never got around to it. I get the very distinct impression that home bases were intended to be a more involved mechanic, but didn't get fully fleshed out for reasons of time, balance, or "just plain not working."

Off the top of my head, if home bases allowed fleets to operate at reduced maintenance within the range of the home base, that'd be a pretty neat way of creating "regional" fleets intended to operate mostly within a given territory. Difficulties with this include making the home base range clear on an already-crowded UI, working out how to balance the fact that you can just put two starbases next to each other pretty easily, working out whether rebasing should have a cooldown or debuff or what and whether you need a specific module to allow home bases to have an effect, and simply figuring out how to balance a base's range in light of different galaxy sizes so that they're not all-encompassing on smaller maps and hideously ineffective on larger maps.

Very much seems like one of those ideas that look and sound like they'd be really cool, and might actually be quite cool, but have a bunch of unexpected issues in implementation.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Any trick for the automated dreadnought? Right now I am just using it as a guard dog for one end of my empire, but eventually I'd like to take it out and move past.

I dunno if this really works particularly well, but from what I recall it lacks really long-ranged weaponry, so loading up with X-class or Titan weapons or just plain kinetic artillery on stand-off ships while swarming it with evasion-focused corvettes to tie it up could maybe work well. Better double-check its loadout with sensors to be sure before you commit to that strategy, though.

In general though I feel like the automated dreadnought could use a bit of a balance pass for 2.0. Its weapon loadout allowed it to be a nasty heavy brawler pre-2.0, but post-2.0 it takes up a slot that could be filled in by your own titan with a titan-class weapon, and I don't believe it carries an aura around like your designed titans can either. Then again its design is pretty good for tanking swarms of smaller ships, so maybe that helps make up for it compared to player-designed titans? I haven't had a chance to get it in too many fights yet.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

pmchem posted:

So what's the thread consensus on the Apocalypse DLC? Worth buying right now at full price, or wait for patches/discount?

I'm inclined to say that the most important feature of Apocalypse is the Marauder Empires, who can really shake up the mid-game and keep you interested long enough to actually see an end-game crisis instead of getting bored when you've pretty much declared regional dominance. Beyond that, though, Apocalypse's other features are more "nice to have" than really vital - you'll have to decide for yourself how important you find those individual, mostly late-game features. The really big gameplay changes are mostly tied into the free patch, so if that's all you're concerned about you're good to go.

That being said they poured a LOT of resources into the free big gameplay changes, so if you have the money to spare you can consider buying Apocalypse to be subsiding major patches of that nature. Hardly a moral requirement, though.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

That's basically a lategame thing designed to give you a sort of autonomous version of the enclave trading.

Ironically I find it pretty useless, in 2.0 energy is much more the limiting factor than minerals in the late game due to high upkeep costs.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

High upkeep costs of what? Ships cost more minerals than energy in upkeep now.

Defensive starbases in a large late-game empire. The defense platforms in particular add up fast.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 26, 2018

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

RBA-Wintrow posted:

BlatandLies.gif

The joke is that there really aren't any negative consequences, as far as I can tell. The Khan just has a good chuckle and says "lol nope, we're gonna beat you down like everyone else." Near as I can tell it doesn't even affect the AI's chances of going after you instead of someone else.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

I suppose so, though is it really worth spamming them out? I'm building them at the late stage of the game though it feels a bit more like it's so I don't hit my mineral cap more than anything else, and yeah it's starting to make my maintenance costs creep up but at this point I already have a bunch of the matter converters built, not to mention three +50mineral-100energy deals active that I can cancel in a pinch to conserve energy again should I need to. Mine might be an unusual case though. I'm definitely getting some use out of them, just built a Dyson Sphere for another +1000 energy.

If you have large, multi-front borders across an expanse too wide to be covered by fleets alone, then, yes, yes they are.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

I just need to think of a word that properly represents the attitude of, say, medieval China towards its neighbours.

Condescending paternalism?

Splendid isolation?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

axeil posted:

4) The Great Khan event seems way too strong. I was fielding 2 fleets of ~20k and my vassal neighbors had 2-3 fleets of about 10k. We combined had the biggest fleet of anyone in the galaxy save Fallen Empires. Yet the Great Khan spawned with something like 10-12 fleets of 10k :stare: plus all the fleets they already had. That's strong enough to have taken out a Fallen Empire if they had moved that way. Seems like it's just way too strong right now.

Really? That's interesting - I had a smaller galaxy, but saw Khanate fleets of 20k. Mind, I had two fleets of 26k or so myself. Maybe the Khanate automatically tries to scale to make themselves a challenge for whoever the frontrunner is?

I will note that the Khanate looks scarier than it is - it has a lot of fleets, but it usually seems to send them into any given area one at a time, with a short delay before sending in another way. With a fleet strong enough to stomp them flat or a powerful defensive starbase it's not that hard to fend them off...until the point where they break through your weaker neighbors and outflank your defenses, anyways, but it's possible to hold them in check long enough that they don't have much of a chance to rampage before the Khan dies.

Also I'm not sure if it's a matter of fleet composition or tech or what, but I find that Khanate fleets don't seem to be quite as formidable as their fleet power suggests - I only needed to be a little bit stronger than they were to flatten them with fairly low losses. Might have just been a quirk of the way my ships were designed, though.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Look guys stormtroopers are cheap, death stars are expensive. Just land troops and take the fortress planets to disable the FTL inhibitors.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Archonex posted:

poo poo. That explains it then.

Also, what does increasing the claim number on a given system do? It's not like I can be more of an imperialistic dickhead, right?

If both you and your ally have claims on a given system and the war ends with you occupying the system, it reverts to the control of whoever has the best claim.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Conot posted:

Arguably winning a space war is more expensive then losing one, since you have to extend your supply chain ever further, not to mention handle the new planets you are occupying.

There's a whole Legends of Galactic Heroes plotline centered around this.

Splicer posted:

Does war exhaustion persist at all after wars, or does Plantwar III not connect to Bugwar V in the public consciousness?

Apparently it does not persist, no.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Aethernet posted:

In keeping with some classic sci-fi tropes, I really want a Lonely Hive Mind that gets bonuses for every other hive mind it's in contact with.

A Hive Mind that really wants to know more about these strange single-minded "individuals," and who can gain bonuses for convincing other empires to allow emissary drones to live on their planets to learn more about them would be a neat trope to get in.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Even if Paradox doesn't add in automated constructors, you know what I would love? The option to choose between building all mining stations in a system or just a single one of your choice from the galaxy map, without needing to zoom in and hunt down the station you want when you don't have enough minerals to just build all.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

SkySteak posted:

So are the complaints in a Apocalypse actually worthwhile or are people just whining, given that the rating is currently lingering at 65%? Is it just the new changes or is there actually some severe issues with the game currently?

The thing is that Apocalypse radically reworked the FTL systems, effectively eliminating Warp and Wormholes as they used to exist.

This has created a very vocal and passionate contingent of pissed-off fans of said FTL methods.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah. Turns out those people don't like you much! Morpheus has found Neo. The slaves have rallied. The cows overran a supply depo and strapped lightsabers to their horns. Do you want to try to eat an angry cow with lightsaber horns?

This was true even in 1.9. The 2.0 bug that was fixed was not getting resources even if you reduced the unrest.

Angry cows with lightsaber horns fighting boldly for the freedom of their people?

That sounds deliciously selfless.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Aw man, you need the Armageddon Expansion to play Fanatical Purifiers and Post Apocalyptic :(

I guess I will have to make a civ as these awesome Mantis Shrimp looking creatures instead :3:

Ah, no, Post-Apocalyptic is Apocalypse, but Fanatical Purifiers are Utopia.

(Get Utopia if it's on sale, it's real good.)

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Gort posted:

* Increased energy upkeep of all Starbase sizes by +1. Outposts now cost 1 energy maintenance

This feels like the exact opposite of what needed to happen.

Though granted it's not really the direct upkeep of starbases that's crippling, it's the defense platforms.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

liveoctopus posted:

I feel like people are generally happier about victories than they are defeats. But fair enough! I'm happy with the war changes overall, that's just always stuck out as strange to me.

The French and the British weren't terribly thrilled about WW1, even after they won.

I mean, they would have been even less happy to have lost, but three years in everyone involved was very ready for the war to be over, win or lose.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

There's also the point that War Exhaustion also represents things like "Oh man, our logistics lines are getting really stressed and unstable under the pressures of this hellwar and the fact that the Omicron system keeps changing hands is playing merry hell with the civilian economy and every day that passes we're losing a hundred spacetrucks carrying spacefood and spaceoil to the spaceships and space armies in enemy territory to pure attrition." That kind of thing can apply to hive minds and machine intelligences even if the gestalt consciousnesses still want to fight a war - their logistical lines may be getting so screwed up that they need to pause the war so that they can unfuck everything.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

I would love it if there was a diplomatic option for allies that allows you to pay influence to just say "HEY YOU YOUR FLEETS ARE FOLLOWING MINE NOW FOR A YEAR NO gently caress YOU I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BORDERS YOU'RE COMING WITH ME." Make it something that can be accepted or rejected so you can't commit fuckery in multiplayer, but sometimes you really just want to give the AI a boot in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a handy list of all the possible government combinations (Pacifist/Fanatic Egalitarian, Pacifist/Fanatic Xenophobe, etc) or will I have to make my own checklist? I imagine it's pretty big since you can have 2-3 per empire.

The Stellaris wiki should have a full list.