Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
After reading this thread I can confirm that jaded c-spammers would vote for a gillibrand/ellison ticket and the white feminist vote is on lock so we're good to go, ship it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

There is a specter haunting America, the specter of Bernie Sanders.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

NNick posted:

There is a specter haunting America, the specter of Bernie Sanders.

f

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

After reading this thread I can confirm that jaded c-spammers would vote for a gillibrand/ellison ticket and the white feminist vote is on lock so we're good to go, ship it.

but what about ellison wanting to be Minnesota AG???? :ohdear:

sorry if that sounded sarcastic, I'm legitimately concerned about Keith's political ambitions and if a leftist-leaner who wouldn't be wasted in the position of VP could be found.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

but what about ellison wanting to be Minnesota AG???? :ohdear:

sorry if that sounded sarcastic, I'm legitimately concerned about Keith's political ambitions and if a leftist-leaner who wouldn't be wasted in the position of VP could be found.

I want his VP run to set him up for P tbh, although I do agree about wasting his ambitions.

Alternatively, put Jim McGovern in place of Ellison imo.

e: Or Kucinich because quite frankly I can get behind his full ecofascism now platform

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Feb 24, 2018

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I want his VP run to set him up for P tbh, although I do agree about wasting his ambitions.

Why McGovern? Genuinely curious, here.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why McGovern? Genuinely curious, here.

Safe district, rock solid record, white males are the largest voting block and need someone who won't push their ~male fragility~, good speaker. All in all, a good overton window shifter. Much better than some shitpile like Biden.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

OP I am willing to vote for anyone who embodies the politician on the left side of this image--any ideas?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Safe district, rock solid record, white males are the largest voting block and need someone who won't push their ~male fragility~, good speaker. All in all, a good overton window shifter. Much better than some shitpile like Biden.

Right on. See this is why I made this fuckin thread. Alternatives.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

There's so many fuckin people in the House and I feel like I really only know a small fraction of them even after a fair bit of cspan watching.

Anyone who thinks Bernie is the only acceptable answer is too lazy to bother sifting through representatives.

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice

Nichael posted:

He's going to do better because now people know he's got a serious chance to win it all.

What makes you believe people, especially his most ardent supporters, didn't think he had a serious chance to win it in 2016? He tied Hillary in Iowa, dominated her in New Hampshire, and was raising money hand over fist.

And yet, he still ended up losing the primaries by 3.7 million votes. Per his own admission in his book, he lost because he couldn't close the deal with minorities and older voters. There's nothing I've seen that indicates he has since improved his position with these voters, which is why I think he'll do even worse in 2020 against stronger opponents.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

pls gas

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

e: Or Kucinich because quite frankly I can get behind his full ecofascism now platform

america will never forgive kucinich for the olive pit, not in a million loving years

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Feb 24, 2018

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice
Anywho, here's another serious post, OP. There's one particular person, and one person only, who is seemingly capable of uniting donut twitter and rose twitter. One guy that garners praise from Joy Reid's show and the Intercept. And that's the Iron Stache, Randy Bryce.

The idea of him beating Paul Ryan in 2018 and then running for president in 2020 is seemingly absurd, but we live in absurd times. And like I said, he's the only one I've seen that can miraculously unite the entire spectrum of the left, so

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

KRock posted:

Anywho, here's another serious post, OP. There's one particular person, and one person only, who is seemingly capable of uniting donut twitter and rose twitter. One guy that garners praise from Joy Reid's show and the Intercept. And that's the Iron Stache, Randy Bryce.

The idea of him beating Paul Ryan in 2018 and then running for president in 2020 is seemingly absurd, but we live in absurd times. And like I said, he's the only one I've seen that can miraculously unite the entire spectrum of the left, so

I wanted to put him on my list but I think the timing of taking a seat in 2018 and then segueing into a presidential bid in 2020 is too early.

By god he better primary every poor fucker in his path in 2024 though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There's so many fuckin people in the House and I feel like I really only know a small fraction of them even after a fair bit of cspan watching.

Anyone who thinks Bernie is the only acceptable answer is too lazy to bother sifting through representatives.

I've been following this hell timeline for almost three years now (:suicide:) and yeah I still know like 10% of the House

That's the problem, though, and it's why we probably aren't going to see anyone from the House make a credible run for President. They have neither the name recognition nor the institutional/grassroots backing that they'd need to run. And as much as I hate to bring up the experience thing, being a congressional representative is a whole lot different than being a mayor, governor, or Senator managing large teams and working with hugely varying groups of people, both necessary for running a competent campaign on a national scale, not 1/8th of a state.

There are a few candidates that are generating sufficient buzz right now that they could make the leap - Ellison and Bryce - but they're probably still better served building their careers a bit first.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been following this hell timeline for almost three years now (:suicide:) and yeah I still know like 10% of the House

That's the problem, though, and it's why we probably aren't going to see anyone from the House make a credible run for President. They have neither the name recognition nor the institutional/grassroots backing that they'd need to run. And as much as I hate to bring up the experience thing, being a congressional representative is a whole lot different than being a mayor, governor, or Senator managing large teams and working with hugely varying groups of people, both necessary for running a competent campaign on a national scale, not 1/8th of a state.

There are a few candidates that are generating sufficient buzz right now that they could make the leap - Ellison and Bryce - but they're probably still better served building their careers a bit first.

That's why I slotted them into VP positions tbh.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Also honestly out of the main frontrunners I'd give Gillibrand the best chance of winning but Booker's policies would likely be best if not only because he's faster to listen when you rub his nose in the shitpile he made and tell him he was naughty.

Gillibrand's lil zionism bent is no bueno.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I think a lot of you believe Trump when he talks about how he beat Hilary in a landslide.

That he won at all was the greatest political disaster of our lifetimes! Lol!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

nah

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
why isn't anyone chanting "booker" with me yet :negative:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

u don't want to see a big strong zionist pres alongside ellison?

dems are all about their infighting and pettiness and i think it would be gr8 to watch.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lessail posted:

why isn't anyone chanting "booker" with me yet :negative:

too busy shouting "book 'er" at the bernie rally

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i'm just saying, i'm with whichever dem candidate speaks the truth about bush doing 9/11

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

1. Neither the President nor Vice President of your ticket may have been born on or before January 20th, 1951.

*googles Vermin Supreme's age*

OP I have good news,

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

buttigieg

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
wow Teen President Buttigieg!

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

stupid human being dog/ retarded kid corpse 2020 op

oh wait i scrolled down, so uh, vermin supreme/stupid human being dog

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Pushing a specific condition of the choice of candidates, designed to exclude the most popular dem candidate by far, is some rigged bullshit. Unless and until another dem comes along with the same passion, charisma and the the right ideas, like bernie, anything else is a step down.

The other candidates you mentioned are compromises by moneyed interests, and represent everything wrong with the party.

Warren would be my #2, followed by Keith and then Gabbard.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

buttigieg
I'm with Booty Judge

I mean Pete.

PETE

WHERE'S PETE?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you suck op and you're stupid as poo poo too

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

rudatron posted:

Pushing a specific condition of the choice of candidates, designed to exclude the most popular dem candidate by far, is some rigged bullshit. Unless and until another dem comes along with the same passion, charisma and the the right ideas, like bernie, anything else is a step down.

The other candidates you mentioned are compromises by moneyed interests, and represent everything wrong with the party.

Warren would be my #2, followed by Keith and then Gabbard.

The only reason Warren's not on my short list is because I've seen absolutely no indication that she wants the job even a little bit.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It owns that the suggestion of not wanting someone over 70 years old to be President is met with roars of outrage and accusations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It owns that the suggestion of not wanting someone over 70 years old to be President is met with roars of outrage and accusations.

show me your proposed young hot bernie and i will quell my outrage

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

CSPAM: Let's take all the olds and turn them into pig feed
Also CSPAM: Not bernie though :shobon:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Jazerus posted:

show me your proposed young hot bernie and i will quell my outrage

you're gonna be shown cory booker that's why this thread was made lol

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Lessail posted:

I'd be curious to know the part of Booker's voting record that C-SPAM doesn't like. I don't know his record very well other than he loves him some pharmaceuticals.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Donald Trump's success so warped millions of progressive Americans that they think yelling good is critical while voting records are a negligible factor.

lmao i shitposted on the first page of this thread then forgot about it for a couple days and now im catching up and lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

docbeard posted:

The only reason Warren's not on my short list is because I've seen absolutely no indication that she wants the job even a little bit.

I don't think Warren would be at all effective as President and think she's already in the best position she can be to help the cause, being a Senator regularly dressing down greedy CEOs and bankers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lessail posted:

the correct answer is literally, completely unironically buttigieg, but he needs a national profile of some kind first

• Locked thread