Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/969312166015832064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

The gale-force winds that blow 24/7 around this White House, and make summit winds on Mount Washington seem calm, never appear to muss much about this president, other than his comb-over. But I wonder if this latest round is different. Like many, I’ve wondered whether the laws of political physics, which seem to have been suspended for this president for so long, would reassert. His inner circle is now almost completely gone with the departure of Hicks, who played such a soothing role for him and for those who clamor and hector for the president’s attention. His son-in-law and chief of staff are at war, with the staff having to choose sides, like children in an ugly divorce. His Justice Department is united and defiant. A Republican-led Congress is taking the president’s latest reversal on gun control as yet another sign of his erratic political nature. And his wife is feeling free to go her own way.

None of this unraveling, if that what’s happening at the White House, is good for our country. The president exhausted many of us a long time ago, but he now seems to be exhausting those closest to him. Where do we go from here?

Hell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

this just in, trump has announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Persona 6 are banned

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The modern equivalent of "dammit Rosa, I liked it in the back of the bus"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@Lastgirl

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/chvrches-interview-on-the-frustrations-that-inspired-their-outspoken-new-album/

Lauren Mayberry posted:

I watched the CNN thing last night with the kids who survived the school shooting in Florida. The fact that 15, 16-year-old kids are more responsible and aware than people who have positions of influence is so inspiring and so amazing, but also loving crazy. The children literally are our future, and those children gave Marco Rubio what the gently caress he deserved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

trump signs a bill declaring anime games in america are dead going forward

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nichael posted:

every single day is this

"day"??? what is that, i don't remember

is that what years used to be called

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

trump's already working on legislation to make Ready Player One the only book and movie allowed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

*emerges from behind set of trees after centuries* finally, here comes the pivot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

explain further

Ending the world quicker is hard to notice when everything else is quicker now too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/central-michigan-university-shots-fired/index.html

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

so i guess we cut diplomatic ties with a middle east nation because they didnt bail out the presidents son in law from half a billion dollars in debt and that story kinda just went away

Remember when Hobby Lobby funded ISIS and people talked about it only briefly for like 3 hours on a random weekday once

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Weekends rule because it's rare the news can hurt me, and I'm free to do good fun stuff

Watching Day of the Dead right now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://instagram.com/p/Bf3tIdohC7t/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

eonwe posted:

whats happened the last day or two anything good

Chvrches posted:

lauren mayberry on Instagram: “Thinking about how much I hate Mike Pence. 📷 @kevin_fbfs @vestalmag”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

(about the 45th and final president of the united states of america, donald j trump)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

crazy cloud posted:

You live in Pissburgh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The fact that the box office has been dominated for a decade and a half by superhero garbage is a testimony to how stale and hopeless our civilization is.

I'm glad this movie bombed at the feet of the third weekend of a black superhero film though

Epic High Five posted:

and yet people keep telling me we're in a golden age of movies

Annihilation is one of the best movies I've ever seen or ever will see, and it wouldn't have been made in any other age, so yeah this one's fine

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

the dark knight was the last good comic book movies

Logan was great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Addamere posted:

Woke up this morning to discover this staring me in the face on Facebook:

I demand Trump tweets.

La cinta de orina es real!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hacer el tweet, vieja perra!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sometimes you accidentally gently caress someone you aren't married to, it happens. I mentioned it in another thread and some giant loser named "ragtime all the time" came into this thread yelling about it for forums cred, which is way more pathetic imho.

quote:

its not

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't click, let me guess, if you were to order half of this it'd set you back near-$500

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okay now I'm really going to need clarification on how this was an accident

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've never lied or hosed who I wasn't supposed to, AMA (except "is life boring?" which no it's not and in the post-trump era it could never be unfortunately :negative:)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Very happy to wake up and hear about the good news for Grinding Nemo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/970787314594144256

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

we didn't start the piss tape

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saw the thread title, immediately knew it wasn't a joke sentence without even looking back pages for context

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/972876942935502850
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/972877354832973824

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Washington Post says Tillerson's gone, Pompeo's replacing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Washington Post posted:

Trump last Friday asked Tillerson to step aside, and the embattled top diplomat cut short his trip to Africa on Monday to return to Washington.

Pompeo will replace him at the State Department, and Gina Hapsel — the deputy director at the CIA — will succeed him at the CIA, becoming the first woman to run the spy agency, if confirmed.

New York Times in November posted:

The White House has developed a plan to force out Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, whose relationship with President Trump has been strained, and replace him with Mike Pompeo, the C.I.A. director, perhaps within the next several weeks, senior administration officials said on Thursday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhXK74DY4DU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2DCAT posted:

So uh... Lamb still gonna lose after all the absentee ballots come in, right?

They'd basically have to be 80% Other guy for that. Very very unlikely

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

it's okay to be happy, friends

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Randomly saw this sitting in the new release section at Walmart the other day lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

xena was way better than hercules

kevin sorbowned

I wish they'd gone through with that Xena reboot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

brugroffil posted:

Who is this