Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Kinda doesn't make sense that iTunes has it, if Amazon has ostensibly exclusive US rights.

Question is more what time limit there is on these contract. If either US and/or international exclusivity runs out at a closer point in time, I could see either party springing for it.

youtube has The Expanse too, but i have no idea how all this rights stuff works. But it seems like amazon doesn't have exclusive rights?

anyways gently caress these loving idiots for cancelling one of the best fuckin shows ever :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

someone should go kick some TV executives in the dick

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

im really mad and selling stuff to star trek discovery is like rubbing space salt in my spacewounds

:argh:

i guess we can only hope that Amazon or Netflix saves it at the last second or buys it even later than that and decides to rebuild the sets. Sounds like we're hosed :rip:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

withak posted:

Yeah they wouldn't be planning to tear down sets if Amazon or Netflix were still thinking about it.

yeah i know, it sounds like our only hope is if some executive has a last second change of heart :negative:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cas Anvar's pep talk started cool but he didn't really say anything new or hopeful, and then half way through the sound cut off. everyone kept repeating NO SOUND in the comments, but Cas never noticed, and then views plummeted and then he finished the video lol nice morale booster :rip:

e: i still have hope cmon jeff bezos fart out a few million spare bucks for a final season theres still time :shepface:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol some youtube copyright troll company called "entura international" that i'm pretty sure has absolutely nothing to do with The Expanse, just got one of the most viewed (and one of my favorite :argh:) expanse videos on youtube taken down (the battle of Thoth station). It had been up for a year and had almost 300k views and had tons of recent comments with new fans saying they just found the show and that the battle was awesome and whatnot. Seemed like a good thing for getting random youtube nerds interested in the show

great timing assholes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was trying to show someone this last night! gently caress everything.

i started watching it again last night, but fell asleep right after pressing play. Then today i was like "oh yeah" clicked the tab, and hit the reload button, and... :negative:

the other expanse videos by the same uploader are still up at least. fuckin copyright trolls

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:vince:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

AwkwardKnob posted:

Can we just talk about that giant gently caress-off squid ship thing that emerged from Venus instead of the renewal deal? Just for a minute?

Because whoa.

Modedit: Spoilers

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 22, 2018

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Sure are a lot of spoilers being posted in this thread. Shame if something would happen to all those posts...

lol i've never read the books, and my "spoiler" was just me guessing...though now i know i was right, thanks to you editing it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Baloogan posted:

also im super dissapointed that ava's bodyguard had to die

that actor is one of my favorite 'b' actors

:same: i always liked that actor

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

48 Hour Boner posted:

We now return to "A Very The Expanse Christmas"!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

the expanse: the musical

im ready for the eros jingle bells remix

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Phi230 posted:

the expanse but goatse

"the expanse" is what the goatman named his anus

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

drat that was crazy

I haven't read the books, this is all speculation based off of the show, but the last time i did this the post got spaced :rip: so i'll spoiler tag this: i'm thinking the ring might be a gate. It could be that the protomolecule was created by aliens for finding habitable systems (among other things) and then collecting the materials necessary to build some kind of hyperspace/wormhole gate so that the aliens themselves could travel there. But maybe something went wrong with the probe carrying this protomolecule sample, and it crashed and never activated...until it was discovered 2 billion years later by humans who fed it with lasers and people and radiation, and then it grew and fed itself everything, and completed its job of building the gate that now links our solar system to a gate in a habitable system a long way away, with a long dead (or maybe not?) civilization in it and a bunch of weird crazy hosed up and cool poo poo to explore and colonize and get killed by.

As for the guy getting turned into meat goop by the ring, here's what i think might have happened: the gate activated. oops lol. Maybe any ship passing through the ring activates it, or maybe there's some some invisible technobabble energy field inside the ring (im thinking the ring needs enough energy or a magic quantum space signal from home to activate the gate), and passing through that field at high speed can activate it (we see a ship pass through the ring at slow speeds earlier in the episode with no effect, though maybe that was a protomolecule drone thing, not a human ship). But unfortunately for racer dude, the act of passing through the activated gate into the warp dimension or whatever, is a slow process, so it slowed him down really fast. Not so fast that his ship was destroyed, but fast enough to rip his body apart.

or maybe you need some protomolecule with you in order to pass through the gate safely...and doesn't the Rocinante have some rogue protomolecule stowed away in the bulkheads? :vince:

or maybe its just a giant space goatse

:awesome:

Rah! fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 24, 2018

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

goddamn, Entura International/NBC Universal has taken down almost every single expanse clip from youtube now, aside from a handful that are like, under 2 minutes long, and fan-made trailer things/reviews

funny how the show went three years with tons of videos on youtube, but then once it gets cancelled (and then saved), all of a sudden everything gets taken down

fuckin NBC dick heads

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

drat that was a good finale

1300 systems :vince:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

List of Martians that aren't stupid assholes:

Alex
Bobby
That lady captain during the battle of Jupiter

that one officer from the donnager in season 1 seemed ok too. the one that helped everyone get to the rocinante

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hace posted:

the elevator caught me completely by surprise, and I cheered loudly when it happened

same i had already accepted that drummer would have a badass yet frustrating death

rear end crushed :smug:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Burn Gorman is super great. I loved him in The Man in the High Castle, and Turn: Washington's Spies.

Yeah he's good.