Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«221 »
Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Holy poo poo, so I finally got over it and spent the night learning / practicing how to play Huntsman Kruber.

It goes without saying but your burst potential is just unreal once you figure out the right talents / gear. And with Scrounger, Prowl is effectively infinite ammo for as long as it's up... Meanwhile, the main reason I was worried about switching away from mercenary was the fear of losing all that wonderful cleave versus hordes, and it really doesn't seem like I'm much weaker in that regard. I can still pull out my halberd and dice infinite numbers of slave rats pretty drat easily. Definitely flimsier, but man, that ranged potential.

While Prowl was active, I was doing 23k damage per shot on the practice dummy in the courtyard. A normal quickshot to the body is more like 2.7k. That's obscene.

Backhand fucked around with this message at May 22, 2018 around 02:32

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Backhand posted:

Meanwhile, the main reason I was worried about switching away from mercenary was the fear of losing all that wonderful cleave versus hordes, and it really doesn't seem like I'm much weaker in that regard.

Because hordes don't matter. Even on low cleave weapons, a horde should be manageable enough using proper technique. Even a weapon like the dual daggers, specialized to hell in single target damage, can do it safely. There's very little excuse to die to normal enemies or get trapped by them. That's an error of negligence or improper tactic. Teams dying to it let it happen even if they didn't realize it. The real concern of VT2 is elites. Any setup that can't help take elites out efficiently is very possibly dead weight. Taking out horde so others can take out elites more safely isn't really helping. No one needs to be as good at it as Huntsman, but getting stuck on a single rothelm for a minute straight is a minute where you might as well have been AFK.

Consider this then consider why certain careers are so unpopular.. or entire characters are unpopular.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Take it from me, you can get brain damage from rubber horsecock induced autoerotic asphyxiation.

Unchained sienna with mace is a loving wrecking ball easily the best tank, 2 light attacks are wide swings with great cleave and AP then a push attack reverts it back to wide swings. Just did war camp on champion without needing to be healed once which is likely because i'm hosting haha. Some insane poo poo with the specials though we had chain quad specials non stop from the first tome, literally a continuous spawn of specials.

«221 »