Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

AndyElusive posted:

Speaking of Drakefire, the flamethrower seems kind of...underpowered? Fire damage over time seems kind of weak, even against hordes of slave rats.

One weird thing we discovered is that the flamethrower basically kills up close, where the "stream" effect is, but in the more voluminous cloud it'll just set things on fire. But this also pushes them back and usually staggers them. In a way you can have a ghetto rear end bash for a corridor if you're not running a shield and it might push back twats like serkers or monks, but said friend enjoys grudgeraker the most so I dunno.

You can probably do lots of gimmicky stuff with it, but then you could just be rolling with a doom shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i have just had the surreal experience of warcamp

16 chaos warriors

four in quick succession right after the first entry drop, six (which wiped us) in the swamp town thing by the grim

what in the literal gently caress

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Slayer's axes go through Chaos Warriors like they were made of paper.

Bardin's two handed hammer can bonk them down fairly fast, too, just with normal attacks. (Which honestly makes me question slayer axe's niche in general, but)

Three downsmashing you at once from all angles tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I also have a question about Kerillian. Playing her for the first time (I got Kruber to 30), what is the best weapon combination for a low-level Handmaiden? Is Longbow good for ranged?

The twin daggers are only useful for the Shade, as it's attack speed out the wazoo. Otherwise, the spear, glaive and sword/dagger are all solid weapons. The longbow is your tried and true weapon; the swiftbow is basically an SMG, but doesn't do much against armor, while the hagsbane unleashes a (somewhat short range) cloud of poison. Both are quite gimmicky.

Elf as a whole isn't much like Kruber at all, as a fair warning. Her thing is being a fast, somewhat squishy blender. Also of note, you switch weapons practically without delay as an elf, so bow liberally.

Mendrian posted:

How often do people pause to upgrade their items and reroll traits? I'm in the slow slog towards iLevel 300 and I find I don't want to reroll all my poo poo every time my highest item found jumps 10 hero power or whatever; it seems like waiting for 50 HP increments is the smartest thing to do, or do people just use what they find? Or what?

If you find something you like and you aren't jumping difficulty there's no real reason to upgrade if you don't want to. All it'll do is more damage, but if you're already doing enough to hit invisible breakpoints/it feels right then that will just mean a pixel more for the boss and what the gently caress ever.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you need to hold down the zoom for the elf long bow to get AP and such, or is everyone pretty much just left clicking away at everything?

the only weapon that gets more "omff" from holding it down is salty's rapier, everything else you can just flick

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Whats the best elf class?

Waystrider has practically infinite ammo and a high killy special on a short cool down.

Handmaiden... exists? She has a ton of stamina and is theory the dodge and push tank, being the defensive class, but it's nothing special and nothing anyone else can't do, while the other elf classes are unique.

Shade when built for it can one hit everything shy of a boss on basically a somewhat-weighted-against-you coinflip, (30% is the max, I believe) which is quite feisty. The waystrider is more reliable, though, but being able to just rapidly click into a stormvermin patrol and take care of it is fun in its own right.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Rufio posted:

Using a leveling macro in a casual rat bashing game is p sad

the flipside is having to play half your character for a while until you unlock the full monty is also bad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Fans posted:

Her beam staff didn't have the snipe in Beta. People still thought a high level Bolt Staff build was the tits though.

The only bad staff is the flame one. The bolt staff can do fancy work and the fireball staff's special basically is an explosive grenade at the ready. Just the beam is, you know, the beam staff.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I mean, don't get ate duh.

It's grab move is a tentacle lunge, you have to dodge back for it. Otherwise you smack it. If someone gets grabbed you need to do a forceful move, which include;

saltz yelling, saltz charge, kruber charge, elf dash I think, dorf jamp, siena whimsical skull, sienna explosion, bomb

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

the chaos spawn is bad design compared to all the other bosses but that won't stop people from crawling over themselves to say how it's actually great

i don't think anyone says that

that said it's one hella terrible attack is reasonably telegraphed so long as it doesn't so a 180 spin on you while doing it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

A thought; huntsman kruber has the kinda use impaired class ability of an aura of crit chance, which is basically "stand right next to him." Everyone has talents for crit temp health and usually can get something for getting crits, too, like Sienna draining heat.

kruber might not have a very good special and his longbow is pretty meh, but he might be a secret brilliant support role and team medic, if through murder

the best kind of medic

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

legend is too easy in VT2, they need to up the damage taken or something

:chloe:

i'd say your gimmick is dumb but no one actually notices so lmao

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

+We hit a bug last night on the Beta build where me (as the dwarf) was playing on Into The Nest and we got a troll. In time the troll picked up a horde as well and everyone got stomped except for me. We later discovered that my dwarf was apparently invisible and no enemy would engage me. I was completely unable to outdamage the troll's regen though and wound up having to jump off a cliff once I hit the barrier for how far I could run with a boss still up.

That usually is just de-sync in my experience, you "died" on the host end but you yourself didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

hell yes new fatshark coop shooter, and they already did the pro move of not having marines be the protagonists

coulda been gorka morka