Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Even if they're borked atm, I still find it real cool they actually did career voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

dmboogie posted:

i wish that sienna and kerillian had them tho; assuming that they're not bugged and that im also not just missing hearing them somehow

Conceptually I feel like Sienna's are gonna sound pretty similar outside of Unchained, Kerillian's I dunno, if she has significantly different ones it could be Handmaiden making her no longer a poo poo and then Shade just being even more edgy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yep, given that Fatshark is OK at making games, unlike say, Mythic who managed to gently caress up both the MMO and the pvp-based Warhammer: wrath of heroes, which was an awesome game with great potential

Honestly Mythic wasn't the problem there, EA just crushed them over and over and over on Age of Reckoning, remember how they twisted their arm to release for the holidays, at a point where the game actually shipped missing classes because of it? Not to mention how basically every other update was "FIX THIS *Cuts staff*" followed by "QUICK FIX THIS *Cuts staff*" until Mythic were pretty much a stump. Game was a lot of fun but it was brutal watching EA grind them down.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

yeah, it was kinda awesome. We'd still be playing it :(

Without turning this into an MMO HMO thread, there's actually a pretty competent private server out there! Look up Return of Reckoning if you ever wanna take a stroll through the game again some time.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Brasseye posted:

Theyre brutal, just started this tonight and they really surprised me. The puking troll rat and the armoured rat with the horrid conjoined back-fetus in particular.

Oh you poor soul, the chaos troll used to be SO MUCH worse, he's almost cute now comparatively. His puke used to be "lol hold block and pray" for how bad it crippled.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So okay yeah the career voices are just tangled all up.

Buddy who's not played Kruber virtually at all, so he'd just be Mercenary was hosting, I was Huntsman and when I went into my ambush I got the SIR KRUBER HA-HAAAA~ Foot Knight callout.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Digirat posted:

Saltzpyre was referring to medical supplies as bombs, and said that the dwarves were loyal allies after being healed by kruber

Bizarrely I learned tonight that Kerillian has a line for "UGH, SOMEBODY HELP THE ELF", I know this because I was playing some more Kruber and that came out from my PoV when the pub elf went down. :psyduck:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

Holy moly are some of the people running champion toxic. Had two people at each others throats calling one another racial slurs, bragging that they had x amount of hours in the beta. Ended up with the sienna player friendly fireing the elf down, followed by her jumping off a cliff with a tome plus grim. All of this because the elf had spooked a loot rat and "hosed up our chances of getting the best loot". Nevermind that we had been doing swimmingly until then, with a full library.

Yeah, it's definitely feeling like there's still the initial crop of twitch tards, wannabe pros and all that kicking around just because NEW GAME TO BE A TURD IN making matches unfun every couple or so.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Every career is fine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Ok so what is working out good on Mercenery atm? I've been asleep 12 hours, whats the updates?

I've been running around with the arming sword and blunderbuss, feels good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bruc posted:

A pain in the rear end to get in matches with I wont bother.

I've actually been seeing a bunch less elf now because all the pubbies are melting down about "They RUINED her! :qq:" because they like, actually need to cooperate with a team whatsoever now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Trainmonk posted:

So where the cosmetics at? Don't know anyone that has one, haven't seen any, nobody seems to have a straight answer about them.

There are some already, if you had the first game you get everyone's original clothes, but dunno about further ones in the game just yet, I assume they'll be rare drops and stuff like the first since we know there's also that flappy Kruber hat that Huntsman had in the betas.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm not even sure if it's avoidable. He is really just not fun to fight.

It is, it's when he does that low forward lunge, once you learn what it looks like it's pretty easy to just step away from every time.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

chesnok posted:

I couldn't give less of a poo poo. There are enough rats on the map for everyone.

Sometimes there really aren't right now. I liked the idea of ranged heavier classes some, but man has the implementation turned that view around since if you're not them, a lot of rounds turn into "Everything you're approaching dies before you swing" and you just kind of sit there while the 2 people on Sienna and dendrophile have fun.

Vargs posted:

I'm mad at Drakefire Pistol Ironbreakers and I MSPainted a detailed summary of my experiences in Champion with any group containing one (it's all of them).

:discourse:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 16, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Digirat posted:

One time on cata well watch with goons I used the skip intro mod to start running because I assumed everyone else would too, dropped down where a storm and a bunch of clan rats were waiting, and they immediately came over and downed me because I didn't think I was alone and the storm blocked my hammer swing

I was literally dead before the intro cutscene was over

Anyway please keep this in mind if you ever feel tempted to take any advice I give seriously

I skipped the zoom in hoping to be funny on the troll mountain level and fell off the cliff like an idiot accidentally, people started laughing and helped me up, then I freaked out because I got stuck in 3rd person the entire match as a disembodied pair of arms. That was a fun round.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Coolguye posted:

The objectionable thing to most people, I find, is that the longbow and the beam staff have no weaknesses against any of these threat profiles (which is unique enough alone) do so at GREAT range (which feels out of place in what is ostensibly a fundamentally melee game) and can do so indefinitely. The contention is less that any specific problem is solved in a specific way and more that ALL problems are solved by ONE solution, executed by ONE player. These solutions are so overpowering that at least one and probably two other people are less than not required, they're not even helpful in completing the level and getting the reward.

The question I'm more asking is, how many people are okay with being reduced to a spectator in the game if it means getting XP and loot? Clearly it's not unanimous one way or the other.

Yep, it's not so much "I wanna kill the hordes" it's "I wanna kill something" because not only does the beam staff and longbow hew through hordes, they snipe specials stupidly fast, they point and click bosses, one has essentially infinite ammo and the other literal infinite ammo, they do everything and there's not any execution required.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Whoever had this weird rear end problem as well, did you ever find out what setting it was that fixed it?

This map in general is one of the only places this happens oddly enough, indoors everything with a shine goes crazy black, lighting kind of stops existing, textures look all screwy, like this is with most settings on high.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Phi230 posted:

How 2 fight chaos spawn

Always be backdashing

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Goddamn, I'm about to declare a moratorium on the loving mage in our group. At this point she's basically just slamming F every 10 seconds and everything dies automatically. The rest of us are basically just along for optics and the occasional bossfight.

:same:

Sienna feels like a big drain on matches right now, every time I see a 20-something Pyromancer load in it's like sweet, time to hit no specials from here on.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Having fun is already completely impeded by how quickly you die and how nearly impossible it is to avoid damage in the first place due to attacks whiffing through enemies constantly, the running attack spam, shieldvermin, Halescourge, Chaos all skating around and entering attack animations from out of sight then gliding in around corners and

etc

I mean all this has mattered less so far for me than the ranged spam decimating every map in the rat stab game from recruit to champion. That and I dunno what happened, but in a round on champion just now Halescourge pretty much got instagibbed, I was on Slayer and had a 25 Pyro, a 27 Bounter Hunter and then a Handmaiden, he teleported maybe three times and was dead as a doornail.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 18, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

This is a team game, after all.

I mean this is the argument from the other side too though, beam staff Pyro Sienna barely needs a team, if only to stop some pounces or hooks if they don't see them first.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I agree that ranged seems overtuned, but on the other end of the spectrum you got the slayer and it's torturous playing him and having almost every special be a roadblock, especially the gunners and warpflamers and not many people like seeing him on the team.

I'm hoping slayer gets some deserved buffs like aoe stagger on his ult and they figure out what they want to do with the talent and trait system that trivializes most friendly fire and ammo concerns with temp health on kill and tons of ammo restores.

Slayer only having 1 single bonus on his career and it just being "Somewhat higher attack speed" really blows, I like the dual axes a lot and his ability is fun and all that, but man they need something else too.

Up Circle posted:

You can't kill skarsnik with shields.

Someone doesn't know the satisfaction of finishing a boss with a charged shield punch to the face.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 18, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

If one character is doing 'literally everything' as in literally literally, you need to step it up a difficulty level.

This is the case through 3 of the 4 difficulties though and it's not literally everything, but there's a very glaring night and day difference between "Is that Sienna in the game Y/N?" results. I'm not getting 0 kill turnouts, but some maps I'll feel like I'm getting to do so little while Sienna instantly beam pops specials, shotguns hordes, slams F to delete threats a couple times a minute and the elf fires their infinite FMJ arrows through rows of enemies.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Agrajag posted:

cool

HEY FATSHARK I WANT WARRIOR PRIEST

WARRIOR

PRIEST

Zealot is pretty close, they're just lacking some hammers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

tbh im kinda surprised vermintide 2 of all games attracts a lot of tryhard shitposters

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Started getting people demanding to know power level as soon as you join the game. It's gearscore all over again.

I'm glad 2 has blown up so much more for Fatshark, but yeah there's a lot more assholes around for now until they filter out to the next game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

:nallears:

Phlegmish posted:

Play on whichever difficulty level you find the most fun, ignore the 1337 gamerz

Yep, people trying to turn this into vidya dickwaving are missing the point of the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

WE'RE THE UBERSREIK FIVE! ER..FOUR! ...IT DOESN'T MATTAH!

C'MOOOON, KILL FOR OLE KRUBER! :black101:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I know exactly which fluff incident she's referring to and she's not telling the whole story. Some dwarfs wanted to build a road along the edge of the Loren, and the elves murdered them when they tried to ask permission, in a one-sided battle.

Later the dwarfs come back, but this time they're soldiers and rangers pretending to be a second construction crew, and when the elves pop up to kill them for sport, they slaughter the unprepared elven scouts, then burn a shitload of trees and drop a 'GRUDGE SETTLED' and wander home to get smashed.

Since the wood elves came from being high elves, it could also be about Gotrek Starbreaker caving Caledor II's head in after he was disarmed and begging, but even that wouldn't make it much better because pretty much everything was on him.

Since I love dwarfs and I love dumb lore dumps, the event where this happened was 'The War of Vengeance' or the much better name, 'The War of The Beard'. You see originally, the high elves and the dwarfs were good with each other and even had a lucrative trade deal going on, both peoples flourished and it was good times on the Old World, but suddenly a lot of caravans start going missing and dwarfs murdered and elven arrows are doing the deed, something's gotta be done. (It's actually dark elves doing it, but dwarfs don't even know there are dark elves yet, the elves had their civil war but with the dark elves beaten back and expelled, the high elves don't bother to talk about them)

High King of the dwarfs, Gotrek Starbreaker, sends messages questioning the inaction the Phoenix King, Caledor II, who blows him off and tells him if he wants an audience or any recompense after being 'rude', he'll have to come beg him for it in person, all the way over in the high elf homeland of Ulthuan, a friggin sea away from the Old World. Of course the messages come back with this and everyone gets pissed, but Gotrek tries to keep a cool head and keep his people placated, so he sends his best ambassadors to press the issue at Ulthuan, where Caledor II denies any wrongdoing and even outright refuses to investigate. When one dwarf in particular speaks up again, Caledor II does the deed, he has the dwarfs held down and their hair and beards shaved off, then sent back roughed up and humiliated.

This is the super genius move that breaks the camels back and gets the full force of the dwarfs mustered up to go stomp a hole in not only Caledor II, not just the high elves greatest city on the Old World, Tor Alessi, but pretty much every other high elf colony on the way there, culminating in a fight between Gotrek and Caledor II themselves at Tor Alessi, where at the end Caledor II's sword is shattered by Gotrek's hammer and he's cast to his knees. Caledor II quickly surrenders and sues for peace, but Gotrek isn't gonna take him on his honor by this point, why should he, thus he smites him with a smash in the face, yanking the Phoenix King's crown off his body and calling the war over only after that.

For as hard as Kerillian tries, you don't match the dwarfs level of :black101: when there's a big enough grudge.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Night10194 posted:

What did I say. I said ignore all the End Times poo poo.

As :psyduck: as a lot of the junk in it is, I at least liked the turn they pulled to make "MALEKITH WAS RIGHT" happen, that you're supposed to go into the flames and burn up, then you come back out if you're the real deal, you're the PHOENIX KING and that everyone else had basically been cheating.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Xaris posted:

this was Payday 2 a few weeks into it. fun at launch then people would just bomb rush the loving stupid jewelry store or whatever over and over and over and over and over like.. what

That was mostly down to Payday 2 having the absolute worst way to get parts and everything at launch, the cards at the end of a heist so people found out jewelry store could be speedrun like crazy. It's a whole lot better on that nowadays.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Banano posted:

Are there any black people in warhammer

Just as there's not-french, not-russian and not-most other things, there's not-africans/not-arabs in the setting, the tomb kings were pretty much just egyptians in life.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Here's an idea, maybe there should be.

I'm saying there are though, what I meant was every place is "Faux real group", Bretonnia is 'Fantasy french', Kislev is 'Fantasy russians', Nehekhara is 'Fantasy egyptians and mummies' that sorta thing.

Like this is the world map of Warham Fantasy. :v:

Also yes dark elves (Naggaroth), the biggest assholes in the world competing with chaos for that title, are "Not canada" on the map.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

I could admit to miscomprehending what was meant or I could just yell at you for not answering the Mr. Popo question. Why do you refuse to answer a simple question? What are you hiding?

Mr. Popo was a good man with an unfortunate design.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Node posted:

I've seen people put up ridiculous numbers with the beam staff, but that only works if you're good at getting headshots, right? I'm not very good at that.

Beam staff is just a constant beam, you don't really need much aim to jiggle the fire around ratman faces and then click to pop. That and either way nah, the beam staff being a ridiculous overperformer is how they're doing that much.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Meaning the team has to play positionaly around the Sienna at all times while also covering her back so she can focus down critical threats safely.

If people cooperate, the team works wonderfully, but once again we run in to the issue only a minority of people enjoy assisting their team so others can have a good time. Every complaint like this has the vague stink of 'but I wanted the green circles..." to it.

You really shot down the last part with how you described the rest.

Again it's nothing to do with "I wanted most damage", it's not wanting to just be Sienna and Kerillian's backup, it feels crappy to do so much less than the person instakilling most of the map, green circles only come into the picture to paint how much of a ridiculous gulf there is between Pyromancer/Waystalker and everything else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I've rarely seen such mixed reviews of a game. I've read reviews saying it's terrible but also raves from tabletop grognards who have sunk hundreds of hours into it. For this reason I stayed away at $40 but for for $10 I'm just going to say screw it and try it out.

For me at least, it's a game where you're just gonna get hosed over sometimes and you need to expect it and roll with it. Having dudes missing an eye, down a leg, otherwise terribly maimed is gonna happen, embrace the mutilated team building.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Requires too much team work to be viable, and people in this thread have already gone on record saying they hate cooperating with others to help them perform better as they want to be the ones performing for the team instead.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Have something you want to say?

It's stupid that you keep saying this when people have reiterated over and over, it's not "I don't want to help the team" when griping about people wiping out everything on their own, it's "I don't want to be solely the cleanup crew for the team demigod" and you've disingenuously kept ignoring it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Here's a really good strawman for everyone.

Any Sienna using their staff strictly as it is designed and intended is clearly only interested in the green circles.

I mean that's kind of the ironic part, most pubbies playing Sienna are very likely only doing so because pyro is broke as a joke, yes. Before people found out how easily she liquefies everything, she was by far the odd one out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pubbies will at least get out of the way of ratboss's longarm swings and charge often enough, 9 times out of 10 the fight with Bumblescum starts with allies taking waves in the face and every time after.