Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

This game is loving awesome and everyone should play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ammanas posted:

I didn't play the first game but total warhammer convinced me to buy this

Wanna smash some fuckin rats

Congrats on your good decision.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Raged posted:

Jesus Christ. Somehow Fatshark made the crashing worse. Now I get to crash every single mission within the first 5 minutes. How the heck do they make the crashes worse at every single stage of the betas then top off the launch by making the game impossible to play.

loving hell

Not that I've played a billion games or anything, but I feel like I've played enough to say that I've neither seen not heard of anyone crashing. Do you have your latest video drivers? Is your CPU or GPU covered in dust or cat hair? Is your PSU possibly on its way out?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

oscarthewilde posted:

I just bought the game and I think I've run into a bit of a bug: for some reason I can't actually play multiplayer. Whenever I join a lobby, I can't ready up (nothing happens when I enter the bridge of shadows), and whenever I join a game already in play my teammates can't see me and I can't interact with the world. I can attack fine, but enemies don't see me and my attacks never do any actual damage (I can see blood though). I've already reinstalled EAC and reinstalled my drivers but nothing helps!

That sounds pretty odd. Did you try a repair in Steam?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Played a little of Left for Rats 1, was fun but couldn't get into it with randos. Discord bumping with goons who will forgive a guy who just likes to hit things with a hammer as a dorf?

I'm terrible and I just hit things with a hammer as dwarf and goons haven't yelled at me yet. Good games, too.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Coolguye posted:

hitting this with a hammer as dorf is one of the best things to do as dorf both mechanically and viscerally so if anyone yells at you for it you should laugh at them

I had people tell me that hammer+shield on Ironbreaker wasn't great and that pushing rats down wasn't all that useful. :(

I have an axe+shield now so maybe that'll work better.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Coolguye posted:

this was true in the technical betas but two things happened:

1) strong strikes started eating A LOT more stamina to block
2) chaos units, especially the marauders, lost a fair bit of weight

these combine to make shields a lot better! their strong strikes bully people around way better than they used to, and having approximately all the stamina ever is now actually relevant because you can lose an entire shield guarding something from the front, depending on what it is.

axe and shield is still better for slowly hacking your way through a horde and is probably the superior choice if you can one shot a lot of things on that difficulty, but hammer and shield is now no slouch and knocking things on their butts is something you can do at scale!

using the 2h hammer is also a great choice, basically the decision there is to sacrifice a fair bit of stamina/tanking ability for the ability to make heavily armored enemies regret they were ever born.

From the couple of games I've played with you and your deeper explanations in these threads, you're a pretty cool guy Coolguye.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

What's a good strategy vs. heavy hitter bosses as an Ironbreaker, given that you can't taunt bosses (excepting the max lvl talent)?

How can I protect my team in these fights -- or is that the wrong strategy, and I should instead be trying to maximize damage until the boss just happens to turn toward me?

I'm still new and lovely but my approach is to Drake gun until they're about to overheat then go in swinging. You should be able to take more hits than most so just be a little more aggressive. With the whole absorb one hit per 20 seconds thing, plus all your other defense capabilities, I feel like I can stand toe to toe a bit more than other party members. If and when you get kicked back your pistols are probably good to go, rinse and repeat.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

your problem is you seem scared of the rats when they should be scared of you

This really is the best advice.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ok so what does dwari mean?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

Ok so what does dwari mean?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks for explaining dwari and dwarf language. Now I like the thread title even more. :3:

Yeah Vermintide 2 is kind of me as dwarf finding battle comrades.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I care about modding support because I want a mod that shows me where all the tomes/grims are and how to get to them. I refuse to memorize all that crap.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks for this. Much better than the other guide I've seen. Still holding out for an eventual mod, but this is great in the meantime.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Vargs posted:

Does temporary health naturally degrading count as damage taken on the end screen? Kinda feels like it. That stat has been waaaay higher than usual for me since hitting level 25.

Someone who seems knowledgeable (coolguye?) mentioned a couple of pages ago that this is what's happening.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Man, Kruber's halberd is insane. It swings super fast for a weapon with ap and that much range.

Small and Blue posted:

It's still 20

I hope this is one of those broken things that they just leave in game. 50 scrap is too much. Maybe bump it to 30 or something.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I've never played a Warhammer game but some friends were really excited for this and I had some steam wallet so I picked it up.

One of them plays the inquisitor, and another the fire witch. I'm going to dwarf it up.

Good choice, Dawi!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Night10194 posted:

I think the twin axes are the entire reason to play Slayer.

Holy god it's like they married the dual daggers to the hatchet and then gave it a heavy attack that is just the hatchet heavy but twice as powerful because there are two.

My real question is what does Slayer use as an additional weapon? 2h Hammer for CC?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait, so is it actually supposed to be bright, or completely dark with some torches? Because I have the later.

I'll say it was the one area I've run into so far that made me turn up my gamma. When I mentioned it in voice one two of the goons I was playing with said it was bright for them.

So yeah, I'm going with "a certain setting makes this brighter/darker than it should be."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

get a job as a professional vermintide 2 streamer

At 40 hours a week I feel like he already has one?

Not that I'm hating or anything. I was kind of thinking to offering to trade.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Man, some of you all hate fun.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Night10194 posted:

I wish they said somewhere, anywhere, that different classes actually have different base health pools.

Yeah, and there's a serious lack of numbers in this department that doesn't help.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

pmchem posted:

I feel like this discord needs to be utilized more, come make groups with us!

While there's always room for more, there's 7 full groups in voice channels right now and it's only 5:30pm EST. A lot of us are still at work. (Stop @ting me!)

Also you and I played a couple of games last night, so hi5.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

yeah but i've never done that and i'm shy

It's not like you're the only shy goon. You'll do just fine.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

How do you "push"? I know about blocking before an attack causes the enemy to be knocked back/stunned but is there some other push thing I am missing?

Yes, it's covered in the tutorial. Hold block and then left click. It will use a stamina and push back everything around you. Super useful.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

Oh, poo poo, I didn't know that. So to do that, hold RMB, then hold LMB to block -> push -> follow-up attack?

Yes.

Although my follow up question is, does anyone find this useful? I feel like I never really see a need for it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I thought you were supposed to use alpha/beta to do things like roll out daily patches with crazy changes. They seem to have done things backwards. Not that I'm complaining, game fun, but yeah.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Firstborn posted:

Let me rephrase: don't feel like you aren't contributing just because you have less kills or whatever. If you want to be the controller guy who is just knocking around dudes with a hammer so your friends can kill them, that's okay and you shouldn't feel bad. I didn't mean literally the stat at the end. Sorry for the confusion.

E: I've seen people thanking a Sienna for a "carry", when she wouldn't have gotten into a position to do her damage with the Ironbreaker shield slamming stuff and Saltz watching her flank, but the score screen she has all the green circles

I really hope they add stats like damage blocked, knockdowns, staggers, etc. And change aids to saving someone who is about to be hit by anything and the mob gets killed / knocked down. I think that'd go a long way in rounding out judging people's play by the numbers on the scoreboard. And obviously fixing the damage taken stat.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So are most of the people who have 600 hero level and 5x level 30 characters using the "dash off the cliff" trick or some other map hack, or are most of those people just playing a lot?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

What's everyone's favorite choice for Bardin's 25 talent? I was thinking the boss aggro would be helpful but I'm not really sold on any of them.

Sounds like it with Off Balance would be a good combo, but I'm not there yet.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

"Game no longer uninstalls itself after a particularly rare crash"

That has to be one of the best patch notes I've ever read.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

chesnok posted:

Two patches later, one mission is still essentially unwinnable on anything higher than veteran.

Two patches being two days. poo poo takes time.

enraged_camel posted:

This game is very buggy.

As frustrating as getting disconnected or having problems in the middle of a mission is, I wouldn't describe the game as "very buggy."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

chesnok posted:

Game has had two major beta tests and is out for a week. Developers patch irrelevant percentile points in character skills and other minutia instead of addressing the boss encounter that is literally impossible on champ or lord and not fun to play on any difficulty.

That map wasn't available in the beta tests.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Like, they've already committed to patching every day. That's not them ignoring the game. I'm sure if they could get a fix out for that they would. I'm willing to give Fatshark the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Out of the eight games I have played since last night, I have gotten disconnected on three of them, and gone through a "host migration" on two (which involves starting the mission over - why doesn't the game state migrate as well?). To me, this does qualify as "very buggy." Obviously, YMMV. But I mean, didn't this game have a beta where they would fix these types of critical issues?

The most annoying part is that you also lose out on the experience and rewards. It seems the game needs to handle it better, maybe by granting you the experience in real time, as opposed to only when/if you see the victory/defeat screen.

I agree on the annoying part. I actually had issues with my router yesterday while hosting and need to reboot it. That was 20 minutes down the drain for everyone and I felt really bad. Then my other friend was hosting and his game crashed, another 20 minutes down the drain. They should definitely handle this more gracefully. Either pass the last known state to the next host or give everyone credit equivalent to a loss or something.

But that's 2 matches out of probably 30+ played over the past 2 weeks that I've had problems with. With it being peer-to-peer, maybe you had internet issues or maybe your host had internet issues. I do think they patched something about handling Steam connectivity issues better today or yesterday. While the their handling of these issues needs to be better, again, not something I'd consider "very buggy."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Fought that Act 2 boss for the first time tonight. Oof, what a pain. Was playing with all new players and it was not pretty. Are you supposed to have enough ammo as a group to just burn him down at range? Also I noticed that as Kruber with the Halberd I could just melee him from underneath when he teleported to the 2nd level, so there's that at least, I guess.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ignoring the argument over whether you can or should or whatever, I don't see how you could argue against the fact that 2 ranged shouldn't be able to burn through everything while the other 2 players just watch. That's just bad game design. I haven't run into that yet, but I haven't been playing while a whole lot of level 25-30 people.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Since we're in a complaining type of mood today, I am going to reiterate my loathing for the fact that tomes and grims are so hidden and that so many of them require jumping puzzles.

There's just no way, unless you constantly play with 4 friends, that 4 players who didn't already know where they were would ever take the time to find them. And memorizing the locations either through other people showing you or having a 20 minute YouTube video playing on repeat with your eyelids held open with toothpicks is just not fun.

I wish they were more naturally scattered about and you could choose to take them or not. Maybe have one or two per level protected by a boss or miniboss, whatever. But as they are today they're just no fun.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mr. Pickles posted:

I was under the impression that drakefires sucked except at point blank range. There most useful ranged for ironbreaker would be handgun/crossbow, imo

Once you get used to the drop and spread they are good at mid range, too. It's not like you're harshly penalized if you miss. Just keep firing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The drake fire pistols suck rear end, actually

You seem real determined to have your posts line up with your forum name. Are you roleplaying or does it just come naturally?