Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Saint Freak posted:

Some muay thai people kick poles and trees and stuff to 'strengthen their shins'. I've no loving clue if that actually does anything or not.

Deadens the nerves in the shin. Its why they can use them as clubs instead of just doubling over in pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Is it just me, or does this particular type of schadenfreude only seem to affect affluent white people? I don't think I've ever seen a ramp video with either minorities or underprivileged (I'm sure they exist, but seem to be heavily underrepresented).

affluent white people have the money to buy bikes and skateboards and health insurance to fix broken bones. kids are stupid regardless of any race but rich white kids get extra chances to do stupid poo poo like this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's mildly disappointing that MRA guy who boasted that a man with no training could always beat a woman with martial arts experience because :biotruths: had his fight with that woman who's an MMA fighter cancelled.

It's such an asinine opinion, god I wanted to see him get his rear end beat.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

strength is the last thing to go, these guys likely can't go multiple rounds, but you let them clock you and you are done.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

gently caress the Caps. I'm still sore about it as a Pens fan, but the Caps' radio call from that last game was dumb as hell. After understandably getting fired up at the OT winner, the announcer continues yelling, "CAPS WIN! THE DEMONS ARE EXORCISED! THE CAPS MOVE ON!" Ok, goober. Ovetchkin got out of the second round for the first time ever. Fuckin guy hasn't even sniffed The Cup in ten years. How about you at least get to the finals before you declare your boy isn't a chronically underachieving loser.

But I'm not bitter. Go Bolts, I guess?

lol eat poo poo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

Lotta shooting the messenger about how Ovi sucks. Not my problem. I don't care that the announcer was excited about the OT win (and said as much). What's stupid is treating getting out of the second round like they just won the cup. gently caress's sake, goons. :rolleyes:

pittsburghfan.txt

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

No matter what mannerisms I [Mick Foley] “borrowed,” I knew that I would never throw a punch like Terry’s, which was truly a thing of beauty. Many people, including me, considered the Funker’s big left hand to be the nicest punch in the business. A few minutes into the big match, Terry took me into the corner, and I saw him rear back with the big left. This was going to be great. Here it comes. Thwack. I felt like I did when I was eight and my mother came clean about Santa Claus. I had just learned the hidden “secret” of the great Funk left hand. It was so simple – I’d been a fool for not knowing the whole time. Terry Funk had just punched me as hard as he could in the forehead.

“No wonder that punch looks so good,” I later whined to Terry. “You hit me as hard as you could.”

“Oh, Cactus Jack,” Terry mumbled and laughed in his kindly old Uncle Terry way, which made it impossible to be angry with him, “all this time, you thought that I was just really good.”

Mick Foley's first book is a great read even if you have never watched a single wrestling match in your life.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Are Odinists an actual thing now, and does Odin really give a poo poo about gay people or mixed relationships?

A bunch of racists in the US latched onto it because the Nazis also liked to use Norse iconography, particularly the Tyr rune. "Odinists" are often racists here in the US. Conversely, people who label themselves as Asatru are people who worship the old norse gods and tend to be the same as the rest of neo pagans in that they are chill people who choose to go all in on an old religion. Neo pagans can be silly but its harmless and if it helps them be better people who cares, wear silly outfits and worship Freya or Epona

WoodrowSkillson has a new favorite as of 21:15 on May 16, 2018

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I have not thought about thundercats in decades but panthro loving owned

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

Not that ambien causes racism, but hooooooly poo poo does it gently caress you up if you stay awake on it and mix it with alchol. It's more extreme than LSD in my experience although obviously not as long lasting.

yeah that is a terrible idea. one time i had one (1) beer after taking an ambien and i literally fell over in my apt like 5 times and it was immensely entertaining to do. I used to work nights and had a scrip for the controlled release ambien that i would use sparingly when I was really struggling to get sleep. it worked better than anything else and i would wake up feeling fantastic the next day

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

This woman has the most severe resting bitch face I've seen in a hot minute. Also, she has the smug look of an entitled rear end in a top hat. These ideas are solidified by her reaction to the water - instead of laughing it off and whatever, you can clearly tell what she's saying by reading her lips, and boy is she upset.

Get over yourself. Laugh it off. Stop being so uptight.

yowza

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Stars Wars needs a clean break with some new characters in new situations. You can't have a universe and yet have every story revolve around the same dozen names.

Imagine if we got a movie about Leia's princess hijinks on her yet to be-blown-up home planet, or the story of Luke dicking around on the family moisture farm. These characters are tapped out. I want a movie about stormtroopers who turn to bounty hunting after the Empire falls, and they marvel on how easier it is to aim without those helmets on.

They had this with the new movies further in the timeline. You could have explored that setting to hive flavor to the new movies. Tell the story of some bounty hunter in imperial space to show what that is like now, or do an actual rogue squadron story that is just about space pilots blowing poo poo up.

Instead they are looking back instead of forward.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Why do people take off their shirts to fight? Is it to protect their clothing from getting ripped? I can never figure it out, or it's just one of those things they saw in a movie so think it's how they should act, like people falling down the moment they're shot?

You can grab clothing. Ever seen one of those old hockey fights where the dude grabs the others guys jersey and pulled it over their head?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/IAMKRIS24/status/1003867401027452928?s=19

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I was hoping the tire would just blow out out or slowly deflate while we're watching. I wouldn't trust a full size ultra truck to handle dumping a boulder in the back, much less that tiny thing.

when i was a teenager i worked at a garden center, and people with trucks would always ask us to just put whole pallets of retaining wall bricks in the bed, and then get mad when we would refuse to do so. people are goddamn idiots.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Nah, she's more of a racist I think and actively chides and derides the exact same audience she panders to through cosplay. For years now, before I even knew what reddit et al were, I had read about how she laughs in people's faces for who they are and overall has an extremely lovely attitude towards other people, especially at the exact same conventions she went to in order to make money.

jesus christ i do not care but what did she do racist

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Gromit posted:

Ok, there's more to it then. Consider it dropped.

Go gently caress yourself you racist sack of poo poo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Elfface posted:

Taking off your shirt is a cargo-cult "People do this before a fight, right?" thing.

Taking off your shorts is either for mobility or as a power move. Either way, you're already thinking properly about the fight.

Nominally it to get rid of poo poo that can be grabbed. Shirtless is often the drunker of the two fighters so they lose, but sometimes it's a veteran idiot and they win badly.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Aramoro posted:

Can you explain this again but slower, like how was a duck racist? I feel like I'm seeing this everywhere now but no one every explains it. Is it a smooth shark style thing?

Its not literal, its a comment on how with the internet, people can rise to fame and be torn down the very next day when someone goes through their twitter history.

its also a cynical comment that every time we find someone that seems decent, they turn out terrible. People used to think Anthony Weiner was a decent politician, and you know how that ended.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Imagine getting that emotionally invested in a children's show

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Cpt Thorne posted:

If a suspect is attempting to flee from custody or is resisting arrest, and allowing the escape of the suspect would create an immediate threat to public safety, deadly force can be used to effect the arrest. That means anything from using a firearm to striking the suspect with a car. This sort of thing can be avoided by not resisting arrest, and challenging the charges in court, which is the proper venue to do so.

What's up bootlicker

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mr. Snickerdoodles posted:

This fills me with the most rageful schadenfreude I think I've ever experienced. That face he pulls isn't just punchable, it's outright murder worthy.

id bet loving a million dollars he is the loving reason for this poo poo and his wife got sucked into it. she never changes her distraught demeanor while he only reacts when he finds out it might be life.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Dillbag posted:

In my teens I was working with a guy that didn't wash his hands after chopping jalapenos and got a seed stuck under his foreskin when he went for a whiz. Never heard someone wail like that again until my step-sister's three children died in a trailer fire.

Hachi Machi

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

oh dope posted:

Apparently, he tweeted about his intention to take Tesla private.

Why is that bad? I do not know. If someone could explain, like you would to a child, what the problem is, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: ^^^^
Nevermind

they have to buy back the stock if that happens, hence him claiming to have funding, this makes having tesla stock a way to make a quick buck, so a bunch of people ill line up to buy it, thus increasing its value

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Rondette posted:

No it's creepy as gently caress. Fwiw I'm a ladygoon and even if what he allegedly said was all he said, I would be creeped out.

whats not adding up with his story is the consequences though. The hotel banning an entire company is rare af. Women get harassed all the loving time and if they reported all of it they would never get anything done, so 2 creepy comments leading to a total corporate ban is crazy unlikely.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Henry Cavill's out of the DC movies so here's looking to see him in the MCU.

Hes Geralt now

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

He stated explicitly there isn't one

hes lying

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Looks like they got to break open those coolers full of free beer!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/09/21/cleveland-browns-beer-fridge-fans-celebrate-win-intvu-sot-vpx.cnni

edit:
I would marry the woman that bit the beer open to shotgun it.

not if i marry her first

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

No way! I'm A Bears fan, so we can bond over routinely having terrible football teams.

Lions fan bitch

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

2 jobs ago there was a near fatal accident when a lift went off the loading dock and took a 5 foot drop. The only thing that saved the driver was being buckled in.
not wearing the seatbelt AND trying to jump out of a falling object that weighs a few thousand pounds is the worst things you can do holy poo poo.

Yeah, they are designed specifically to keep you safe if that exact scenario happens since accidents like that happen. The cage will keep you alive and the most important thing if you go off a dock is keeping all your limbs inside the cage

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Fun fact: Gaston Glock, inventor of Glock pistols, initially fired his prototypes with his left hand only. He was right handed, and if it was going to explode he didn't want to lose his dominant hand

Paul Mauser lost an eye when a prototype semi-automatic rifle he was designing had a cartridge go off without the bolt fully closed, poo poo is dangerous.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

burexas.irom posted:

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I’ve read about hundreds of battles like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The accounts were just windows to a past I’ve never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this Skyrim reference made me stop and evaluate. Putting it in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

v cursed to even reference that image

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033506727352782849

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

loving, why?

To add resistance on the downstroke. Nevermind that the cable machine in a gym exists for exactly this reason and doing curls with the 2 handed bar would literally accomplish this exactly.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

When you're too stupid to understand that ethnicity is a social construct, not biological.

Her uncle owns though

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Randaconda posted:

I watched the Crow this past Halloween for the first time in years, and it's still fine. Not as good as the comic, but it's fine.

The Crow is the most 90s movie ever made. It so perfectly just fits in with all of the sterotypes hollywood had running around at the time. The crazy rear end bad guys, the industrial music club run by said bad guys, everythng is grimey and dirty, and being set in Detroit but then using an entirely made up miniature city for overhead shots.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

poly and open-minded posted:

I'm so tired of all these Star Wars

I am having a lovely star wars

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're in Canada. In the US she very well might have been shot despite being white for that.

Yeah even white people get shot for that, though less often. Depends on other poo poo. Police brutality is a problem for everyone, it just hit minorities significantly harder cause racism gets thrown on top of the already stupid poo poo happening. The baseline is already hosed, and racism takes it to absurd levels.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

The guy died after the fight.
If so, good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Reminder that Hugo Boss was a Nazi and that's why their uniforms were so well designed.

They were well designed because that part of fascism. It was all about looking amazing on parade so poo poo was very form fitting and sized to the individual. Turned out to be hell to make once the war really got going though since you could have situations where you literally could not find a shirt if you were a bigger guy.

The best example of Nazi idiocy was the helmets. Their goddamn helmets had multiple sizes and you had to have the proper fitting one for your head. On top of that they took something like 14 hits to stamp the shape from the steel blank, compared to like 2-3 for an American or British helmet. They also had special sewn in liners and poo poo (slave labor). So mid war you have a way too complicated to make helmet that cannot even be just shipped en masse, you have to get proper sized ones for each soldier.

And they were not any more protective than a US one, in fact less so.