Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Pustulio posted:

Surely if they were going to be professional about things they would have released a game at some point though?

they are professional grifters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This is his own fault for caring about how his name is spelled on a cup he's going to throw away anyway

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
A buddy of mine has a pretty difficult-to-spell name so he just leans into it.

"Long black for... Megatron?"

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Memento posted:

A buddy of mine has a pretty difficult-to-spell name so he just leans into it.

"Long black for... Megatron?"

LoL if, on those occasions where you feel like slumming it, Enrique does not deal with all that troublesome "waiting" business for you.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

This is his own fault for caring about how his name is spelled on a cup he's going to throw away anyway

I wonder if he'll make a big deal about this when he buys his next cup. Hope we get a follow up news story tomorrow about a coffee customer throwing a tantrum over his misspelled name.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“Starbucks to close worldwide for half-day name sensitivity training”

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Phuzun posted:

I wonder if he'll make a big deal about this when he buys his next cup. Hope we get a follow up news story tomorrow about a coffee customer throwing a tantrum over his misspelled name.

that image is at least two years old

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Zack Snyder announced his next movie is an adaptation of The Fountainhead. Man of Steel's wtf scenes makes complete sense now.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Mierenneuker posted:

That seems like a lot of money just to get involved with an upcoming lawsuit.

"That's not really me!"

*looks at previous tweets made in the past two years*

A whole lot of ambien tweeting, I guess.

Drug addictions make folks do strange things.

Especially when you add in pre-exisiting mental health issues.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Skippy McPants posted:

Even a snake-oil salesmen know the value of good editing. They stuck a 27,000 price tag on and didn’t even take the time to proof a couple sentences!

Nah, it's like why scam emails are misspelled and still use the 'Emirates Prince' thing. You filter out the people with perception, common sense etc. who might make trouble down the line.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Elfface posted:

Nah, it's like why scam emails are misspelled and still use the 'Emirates Prince' thing. You filter out the people with perception, common sense etc. who might make trouble down the line.

What. My mind is blown.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What. My mind is blown.

Perhaps you can help me. I am a prince of the Empirates, and I am in need of a bank acc ount into which I can wire moneys in the sums of approximately 200 000 000% (two hundred million dollars). If you are beginning to send me the nubers located on your bank checks I can begin the trasferring process. You will be able to keep a ten per cent fee of 20 000 000$ (twenty million dollars) for your trouble.

Sincerely,
Prince Boba Yaga

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

CommunityEdition posted:

Ok, you’ve spent $27k to get everything you could possible get in a game, before it comes out, IF it comes out. Why bother playing at that point?

So you can transcend the boundaries of this mortal coil and become a spaceman forever.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Star Citizen apologists in the comments are amazing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

belt posted:

The Star Citizen apologists in the comments are amazing.

Yeah, this is art.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Roseanne blamed being on Ambien for her racist rants.

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992?s=19

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:perfect:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

:trumppop:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

You're not you when you're sleepy.

Have an ambien.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuckin :sbahj:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randvince:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Not that ambien causes racism, but hooooooly poo poo does it gently caress you up if you stay awake on it and mix it with alchol. It's more extreme than LSD in my experience although obviously not as long lasting.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If you are already an unabashed racist, and have recently made a career off of being one, then Ambien probably at least takes off what few limiters you might've had in place. "That isn't me" is basically the exact opposite of true.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Leon Einstein posted:

Not that ambien causes racism, but hooooooly poo poo does it gently caress you up if you stay awake on it and mix it with alchol. It's more extreme than LSD in my experience although obviously not as long lasting.

yeah that is a terrible idea. one time i had one (1) beer after taking an ambien and i literally fell over in my apt like 5 times and it was immensely entertaining to do. I used to work nights and had a scrip for the controlled release ambien that i would use sparingly when I was really struggling to get sleep. it worked better than anything else and i would wake up feeling fantastic the next day

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Roseanne was just being herself. She's not doing anything differently than she was the past few years. It's all on ABC and all her co-workers for signing on to the show and expecting anything different.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
hey lots of dogwhistle folks can do a pretty decent job keeping a lid on it and blaming racial tension on other things, for example "economic anxiety" etc etc

all she had to do was not be such a crazy overt racist that ABC had no choice except drop her, and she still couldn't do that

really what we should be taking from this is that socially we'll forgive a lot of bullshit for far too long just to giggle and feel good for a moment. it wasn't just that one tweet alone that did her in, it's a straw breaking the camel's back situation, which is why it is so extreme. ABC was bending over backwards trying to make her palatable before, and finally gave up because it's too much effort to defend her and create spin when she's not even staying in between the lines.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 16:26 on May 30, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
ABC didn't cancel her show because she was racist, but because she was too racist to profit off of.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Exactly. They wanted her to be kinda racist, because that gets play in America as evoking a sort of folksy honestly. It's part of the draw. But not too racist, because she needs to remain likeable enough to hang an entire franchise off of.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I finally looked up ambien (saw it referenced multiple times and always thought it was some normal sleep aid like "valerian") and it's motherfucking Zolpidem. Your healthcare system may suck, but drat, apparently you get good drugs easily.
I don't know anyone except me in Germany who ever heard of that stuff. Because it's heavily regulated here, may have to do something with the high addiction possibility.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Exactly. They wanted her to be kinda racist, because that gets play in America as evoking a sort of folksy honestly. It's part of the draw. But not too racist, because she needs to remain likeable enough to hang an entire franchise off of.

I think it might be the difference between being very vaguely racist to a general group, and being very obviously racist to a specific person.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1001587550518104065

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

RabbitWizard posted:

I finally looked up ambien (saw it referenced multiple times and always thought it was some normal sleep aid like "valerian") and it's motherfucking Zolpidem. Your healthcare system may suck, but drat, apparently you get good drugs easily.
I don't know anyone except me in Germany who ever heard of that stuff. Because it's heavily regulated here, may have to do something with the high addiction possibility.

Turns out when reimbursement mechanisms heavily involve patient satisfaction metrics and we have an entire society based around instant gratification, you can get drugs super quickly!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:nms: https://imgur.com/gallery/FA8EHrU :nms:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skippy McPants posted:

Fucks sake, if you're gonna charge people thirty grand for internet spaceships then at least take a few minutes to write some decent copy.

I hate seeing that poo poo in youtube videos. Like, not some guy who does it all himself, but when you know that someone wrote it, then someone read it, then they recorded it, and no one noticed how awkward or stupid the phrasing is. Or they use the wrong word, like "it is heavily inferred that Joe is actually Susie's father in the movie" and it's like holy poo poo a high schooler could have proofed this poo poo.

Elfface posted:

I get spam that is like "Dear Scam Victim this is the Fbi we are working on your case for being scammed in email from africa" or some poo poo. Targeted right at people who they know have already fallen for these scams.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

If you like stories about people doing very strange things while on Ambien, there's an entire thread full of them in TCC.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3109410

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Araenna posted:

I get spam that is like "Dear Scam Victim this is the Fbi we are working on your case for being scammed in email from africa" or some poo poo. Targeted right at people who they know have already fallen for these scams.

Wait are you saying you’ve fallen for these before

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Medical maggots have been a thing for forever. They're really good at eating dead flesh while leaving healthy flesh alone.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

If you like stories about people doing very strange things while on Ambien, there's an entire thread full of them in TCC.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3109410

Holy poo poo, the crackhead clubhouse is the gift that keeps on giving. Post number two is about mixing ambien with opiates.

On the other hand, the latest page (39) features a very interesting post by astronautism about their positive experience with using doctor-perscribed Desoxyn to treat their ADD. I didn’t even know it was possible for a doctor to perscribe methamphetamine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

iospace posted:

Medical maggots have been a thing for forever. They're really good at eating dead flesh while leaving healthy flesh alone.

I knew that because I saw it in House