Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

What is Turning Point USA protesting against this time? :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Weatherman posted:

What the gently caress is a "chief knowledge officer"? Is it the five-year-old child of an exec who gets put at the kiddy desk, given some paper and crayons to play with and told they're such a smart kid?

I swear, people complain about grade inflation at schools, but the explosion in the number and range of Chief <poo poo> Officer titles that people are awarding themselves, often at "companies" of 1-4 people, is absolutely baffling to me.

My dude, let me introduce you to the corporate miracle of nature that is the Senior Vice President.

You can have dozens of them. Dozens!

Re: Crossfit dude: turns out corporations were the real politically correct SJWs all along!

Laserjet 4P has a new favorite as of 07:26 on Jun 7, 2018

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Turns out he's just some mentally ill alt-righter. Google it. I'm phone posting.

Milkshake ducked again :(

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
They don't have pills for premature celebration yet?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

The schad is on those without blockers getting this message on Imgur because there's 325 advertisers in that list and you have to disable them one by one :shepicide:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Really, he's the one who's winning here.

Until his streaming viewcounts drop and he fades away in obscurity again. All it takes is milkshake ducking yourself.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

ama kardeşim, bir şakaydı! şakaydı!!

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

The top 20% pay more than 90% of the total taxes collected in the US (unless that's changed recently)

This was used in an argument I had with a lolbertarian that we should totally leave the rich alone and lower their taxes because they already are paying for so much.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

PurpleXVI posted:

I think what makes it believable is that it doesn't have a happy ending. He doesn't end up getting it on with the woman he's been fantasizing about for 8+ years, it just ends in a believably messy and unresolved situation rather than with the climax that a planned-and-written story would have. :v:

Coincidentally it is a good parable of caution for computer stuff:

- always wipe your media if someone else needs to use it
- always backup important data before consuming it
- do not trust any home automation poo poo, ever
- ensure sensitive media is out of reach
- do not have anything smarter than a phone and switch it off if you want to stay off the grid

It’s basically a modern day fairytale.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

PurpleXVI posted:

Iit just ends in a believably messy and unresolved situation

Update:

quote:

TIFU: I have officially branded myself as the biggest perv... and I 100% deserve it...
u/Taway1234123491121
This is his now ex-wife.

Did he not realize, or too dumb to remember we share everything, including the same Reddit app? I logged on to see this throwaway as the default login account.

I’ve removed all of this personal story for my family’s protection and changed this account’s password. Although it might be too late and already circulated online.

I took a look through the comments and was seriously disgusted by most of the responses suggesting to sexually approach both of us last night. Which my sister did mention he tried something in the middle of the night, this guy is incredibly living in another world!

I’m only posting this to reassure everyone thinking he got away with it, that these types of scumbags DO NOT.

I came home yesterday with my sister to pack my poo poo. I saw his update saying I seemed alright, but I was keeping it in for the next morning.

Reason we slept in the living-room is because I didn’t want him to see my bags in the corner of the bedroom, he came home suddenly before I finished packing. It wasn’t “fun camping” or a “picnic”.

This morning, before he woke-up, we grabbed the rest of my stuff and left.

I went to the bank and froze our joint account before he irresponsibly starts taking cash out.

I’m not seeing him anymore, going to lawyer up, give away all this Reddit gold to the comments that I feel were actually reasonable, and divorce his rear end.

Oh, and if you can read this, I’ve deleted the tracking app ;) my lawyer will call you to unfreeze your share and take the steps to unlink me from any other tracking apps you might have on me.

TL;DR: His life is ruined.

welp

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

I bet that'll be a short career.

A starlet is born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Lovecraft was a shut in who spent all his time writing stories or writing letters to other writers. So he probably would have been someone who is extremely online if he had something like the internet.

So basically Paul Joseph Watson or Ian Miles Cheong