Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

El Fideo posted:

Considering how the devs clearly take some inspiration from Unreal Tournament, make it so you steer it from its PoV, like the missile from that.

The Redeemer.

Oh and a REDEEMER OC. We need more nuclear warheads in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Found out that a Crassus Detonator will eat it against Doretta at the cost of an entire segment of armor, but the ensuing explosion happened next to the Heartstone. To my dismay, that platform is 100% unbreakable and unable to be changed into lots of gold. At least I found a data cell and knocked out two season missions to get like 7k and level up twice. I'm almost done with the pass now.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Is that a spent flare he loads into the crossbow at the end? It looks different from the bolts he was firing.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

What is the "Acquire Lock Threshold" macro lens affects? Is 0.2x it good or bad?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lose Lock Threshold is how much you can turn away from a locked target and still stay locked. A lower threshold means you can't curve your shots quite as much.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
There are times where you can just about shoot behind yourself. And reliably at 90*s.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hwurmp posted:

Lose Lock Threshold is how much you can turn away from a locked target and still stay locked. A lower threshold means you can't curve your shots quite as much.

So is the Acquire Threshold the window in which it will target things? Does this make it a smaller window?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh, I didn't even know that was a karl.gg thing :downs: There's no Acquire Lock Threshold stat displayed in-game but yes, Macro Lens gives you a smaller lock-on box. This can be a benefit as much as a drawback, helping you focus your locks on a single target.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

As far as I can tell, Macro Lens seems to ONLY affect the Acquire Lock Threshold, not the Lose Lock Threshold. My locks only happen close to the crosshairs, but I'm still able to hold the locks once I have them and curve bullets just fine. It's win/win for Chemical Rounds builds :science:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is the LOK worth using without any overclocks at all? i just realized i've never even given it a spin because i don't have any overclocks for it

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Absolutely, it's perfectly functional with just the 5 tiers of mods. It might be a touch ammo hungry, but that just means you know you've having fun with it.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Your instincts were right imo, I think it's one of those weapons that really needs its good overclocks to reach that sweet spot of both actually fun and actually useful. But that's just, like, my opinion man.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i think the only solution here is for serephina and unsinkabear to fight to the death

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LOK-1 is still good without overclocks but you should probably stick with extra ammo in the first tier, and make sure your secondary is useful for swarm clearing.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I had a lot of fun with it even before I got any overclocks (and the actually good OCs were basically the last ones I got). Its flow of locking on to enemies and then curving your bullet arcs to hit weak spots is really unique, not just in this game but practically across all shooter games.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

well i think the only solution here is for serephina and unsinkabear to fight to the death

We did that already, no reruns. We're cool now. :hfive:

Also it seems like I'm wildly outvoted, so you can probably write this one off to me being bad at vidyagames and needing that min/max power crutch to make the fancy footwork gun work for me. Curving bullets mid-swarm is trickier than just clicking butts and faces with the Warthog.

I guess it was never bad, I just couldn't make it work anywhere near as well as my MPA shotgun (which is admittedly a wildly unfair bar to compare a new gun against). I wanted to like it, I just couldn't make it click until I got that explosive effect. I actually got Executioner pretty early, but even that didn't do much for me. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time or practice?

Hwurmp posted:

and make sure your secondary is useful for swarm clearing.

This was probably also part of it. I've been ride or die for Hyper Prop for too long, and to use regular LOK I had to run around with either the breach cutter or Clean Sweep grenade launcher, meaning I was using two unfamiliar weapons.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mined an absurd amount of nitra onto the ground in a refining mission only for a swarm to come in. When I remembered to go back to pick it up there was a loot bug party and all the nitra was gone.

Sorry loot bugs for what I had to do but you gave us four supply drops so you won't be soon forgotten.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hwurmp posted:

LOK-1 is still good without overclocks but you should probably stick with extra ammo in the first tier, and make sure your secondary is useful for swarm clearing.

i actually took it with a hyperpropellant grenade launcher for the 5 lunar new year assignment missions with 4 dwarves on hazard 4 and it acquitted itself perfectly well, although i had plasma bursters for really big clusters. fun as heck, makes me feel like i was playing panzer dragoon

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Shifty Pony posted:

Just tie the dwarf on top of Molly like the heartstone.

Maybe paint a Red Cross on the side of her while you're at it.

Make it so someone can join mid-mission and take over the rescued dwarf. Fucker just wakes up on his own and starts shooting.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Let us cosmetic out molly she deserves to be slick

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
When you call for Molly while downed she should pick you up and carry you to another dwarf. Or plop her fat rear end on top of you, 50/50.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

isndl posted:

When you call for Molly while downed she should pick you up and carry you to another dwarf. Or plop her fat rear end on top of you, 50/50.
She picks you up and carries you to another dwarf, but takes the long way around.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
So leveled up Engineer has gone from C to A rank and has become my go to character. Lok rifle and breach cutter with 2 fast turrets. Think I might try my first Elite Deep Dive today.

Starting Engi is still the worst

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think of him like a wizard and d&d. poo poo to start with but levels up and gets badass.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

My friend and partner both said the same thing and idgi, I always liked engi. It's been a hot minute since I was starting any of them, but I definitely remember thinking starting driller was the worst. The flamethrower sucks without upgrades and the Subtata is even worse.

Also gunner without Dash is suffering

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

HAmbONE posted:

So leveled up Engineer has gone from C to A rank and has become my go to character. Lok rifle and breach cutter with 2 fast turrets. Think I might try my first Elite Deep Dive today.

Starting Engi is still the worst

Elite Trip report: I died

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rip

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HAmbONE posted:

Elite Trip report: I died

this has never happened to me, ever. can you please explain this

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Kith posted:

this has never happened to me, ever. can you please explain this

you know living? do the opposite of that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i hadn't played around with the rocket launcher much since the fire nerf, and i wanted to give the minelayer overclock a spin since i had just picked it up when i last played, and is there some interaction there that causes it to burn things pretty well? i was having a decent time still setting things on fire with it so long as i shot the ground instead of things directly but i'm also not 100% certain if maybe fire was coming from the other gunner that i was playing with

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Cowcaster posted:

i hadn't played around with the rocket launcher much since the fire nerf, and i wanted to give the minelayer overclock a spin since i had just picked it up when i last played, and is there some interaction there that causes it to burn things pretty well? i was having a decent time still setting things on fire with it so long as i shot the ground instead of things directly but i'm also not 100% certain if maybe fire was coming from the other gunner that i was playing with

Well, it has a lot more damage than normal

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Cowcaster posted:

Didn't they un-nerf the fire a bit?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Unsinkabear posted:

the Subtata is even worse.
The Subata is absolutely terrible when you're starting out and only becomes slightly less crap when fully upgraded. It's surely the worst secondary by miles unless I'm ignoring some fantastically potent overclock for it (which maybe I am to be fair, I was so put off by it that I've hardly used it since)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zephro posted:

The Subata is absolutely terrible when you're starting out and only becomes slightly less crap when fully upgraded. It's surely the worst secondary by miles unless I'm ignoring some fantastically potent overclock for it (which maybe I am to be fair, I was so put off by it that I've hardly used it since)

Explosive Reload and Tranquilizer Rounds are both good

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i will defend the subata to the death

it's weak early on but slap some mods on it and it's one of the best and most reliable weapons in the game

apply full auto and suddenly it's fun on top of being good

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like the subata, its not flashy or exciting but its perfectly servicable as a sidearm when you're trying to conserve primary ammo or waiting for born ready to do its thing

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I hate gunners that insist on hanging on wires so much. You're not being nearly as useful as you could be, proactively deploying shields and helping spread glyphid attention. You're also not invincible.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

thespaceinvader posted:

Didn't they un-nerf the fire a bit?

i don't know but i'm going to try it with jetfuel homebrew instead of minelayer now and see how well that ignites wish me luck

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Personally I feel like the EPC w/ heavy hitter OC works better than the subata when I just want a sidearm to click on things with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Chillin in haz 4 as usual when my team falls into a cavern with a korlok weed, a prospector, and cave leeches. I tried drilling around to save them but they just kept trying to fight instead of regrouping. We hadn't even smacked one nitra deposit!