Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wow, goon claims SA is going down the toilet because it's not edgy anymore. Cites the lack of 9-11style photoshops as proof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm listening to the Silver Surfers NES ost because it's really good

Also I got 0 earlier but haven't started it yet. I hope it's good!!

Probably the only good thing about that game other than maybe the title screen

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dunno the game over screen where Silver Surfer's morale and soul are crushed and he's left weeping on a surf board floating through space is pretty amazing.

Oh, yeah that too

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel bad because I still laugh at and have made 9/11 photoshops in the past

idk what it is, there's something about 9/11 where I'll laugh at that poo poo but not if it were something like, say, a mass shooting. I dunno. It's probably just me being stupid because it's not funny that people died but I still get a chuckle out of all of the extreme patriotism that has come out of it and the dumb conspiracy theory stuff and the photoshops contrasting such a horrible event with whatever other thing the shopper felt like combining it with

I feel that humor can be a good coping mechanism but there's probably a better place than the Fortnite thread to have an outburst about that kind of stuff.

Ciaphas posted:

it's like people somehow missed the fact that cultures evolve with the people that make them!!!!

Whaaaaaa!? :eyepop:

Hell yeah, time to go on an adventure! However, the wizard in that game is not nearly as buff as the front cover would have you believe. Not like this guy:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

al-azad posted:

Plok is the greatest Yes soundtrack we never got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZWbqmYtjNQ

Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge is the greatest Dream Theater soundtrack we never got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncQGuNqUis

The Spiderman & The X-Men soundtrack was too good for that game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

So what do you actually do in all these Yakuza games?

https://twitter.com/Camperjon/status/905632458485276674?s=19

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I remember his slogan, Alla Ya Follow Me

*fart*

precision posted:

Say what you want about Far Cry 5, they got the awesome band Hammock to do the soundtrack and it's fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjcSAaUzbI

The licensed and unlicensed music is real good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

precision posted:

man twisted metal was a real big deal for about 15 minutes there wasn't it

Enough for 9 ish games so yeah. I only really liked 2, Black, and Head On but the cut ending scenes for Twisted Metal 1 were....interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFs8REgq8I

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

There are people unfamiliar with 2 chainz hit song I'm Different??

How about a mashup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_FDQoOqVg

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

maybe tonight i'll beat actraiser

it's no soul blazer but for all its flaws it's a deece game and it's good that it's super short so i can actually finish it in a reasonable time frame

Have you played Actraiser 2?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

homeless snail posted:

i beat the classic quinet/enix game Robotrek, and am still waiting patiently for Robotrek 2

:hellyeah: I like the battle theme and main theme. A bit repetitive but they're so madcap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mShj-lxNV2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwkwyi-mEYg

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Did someone say Dark Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I really liked how you could travel back to the land from dragon quest 1 in dragon quest 2 and the music would change to the DQ1 overworld music.

I also liked how you can actually complete dragon quest 1 without ever rescuing the princess, as well as the fact that you can go rescue the princess but never return her to the castle so you can just carry her around with you for the rest of the game.

I was surprised that there was a "Carry Princess" sprite.

Did you know you can also (ending spoiler) accept the Dragon Lord's offer? Dragon Quest Builders seems to indicate this was how the darkness took over the world in the beginning.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Cliffy is not into anime characters though. He said the characters in Lawbreakers were designed to appeal to him; to inspire him a la Tarantino.

Cliffy wants to be an auteur. An auteur a la Tarantino.

Including the wierd foot fetish of Tarantino?

Accordion Man posted:

Considering that 2 is going to be a prequel, no.

Though you really if you can get a PS3/360 for cheap its totally worth playing. RDR1 is a fantastic game and is Rockstar's best game by leaps and bounds.

RDR is supposed to play and look really good on the PS3 emulator. Haven't tried it myself tho:

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-shines-on-pc-after-ps3-emulator-rendering-upgrade/

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Apparently Grand Theft Auto V has sold 90 million copies as of today. Between that and the ability buy in-game currency with real money, GTAV is the most profitable piece of entertainment ever released.

This is what worries me about the new Read Dead Redemption

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Crystalis

There's a name I haven't heard in years

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the boss design in streets of rage 1 is some real trash

Skip 1 and go straight to 2, gaming ambrosia

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

won't someone think of the pretentious chodes

That was the name of my pop punk polka band

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Oh man I can relate :blush:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Back in Art of Fighting 1 if you beat her using a special move, her shirt ripped open and exposed her as a woman, rather than a man as the artwork and even instruction manual indicated. I guess it's a series tradition now even though her character sprite has gotten more feminine.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

raditts posted:

Android was a clunky piece of poo poo.

Was?!

Actually both Mobile OSes are clunky in their own way. I use both regularly. I'm not partial.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

goferchan posted:

I think IT means that the game never received an update to let it work on modern hardware/software. When iOS switched from 32 to 64 bits quite a few old apps that weren't updated got left in the dust

edit: I'm surprised you can't get a refund though, is it just because it's a really old purchase? Getting refunds on iOS basically works automatically and you can do it for no reason

In that case yeah it's lovely. I believe app devs were given time to update their apps to the 64 bit architecture. Then again if it wasn't worth the dev's time to do it then why would they. I don't know. I feel like app development is very cut throat and demanding.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah I miss Ziggurat it owned

That game broke even before iOS 11. There were zero updates for it :argh:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

This conversation made me remember and look up the my little pony cv and now you all have to remember it too:

This is how its done folks

Uhhhhhhhh Cursed Images Thread is that way-------> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833370&pagenumber=261&perpage=40

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

What a way to start an adventure where you solve everything by beating the crap out if everything

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Doom
Doom 2
Doom 3
DOOM

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Doom 3 instead of Doom 64? Get out of here.

I know I hosed that one up :doh:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Olive! posted:

I have never played a video game and I never will

Good. Don't start. It is a dark road filled with peril.

Raxivace posted:

My first video game console was the Game Boy Pocket and it ruled because it was blue and fit in my pocket and I had Kirby's Dream Land 2.

I know now we're in the worst version of all possible worlds because I've since lost that copy of Kirby's Dream Land 2.

It's ok. I have it! :twisted:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I've been looking for this image forever. I thought I might have just imagined it. Can't remember where I saw it first though. Also, I thought there was a bird's nest in there.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Far Cry 5 is not a well-written game.

This goes back as far as the first one

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I have four cats, but none of them care about any of the video games I play.

Discount Viscount posted:

Have you tried Pong?

Or some kind of shooter

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'll never understand why people publicize that they're working on projects like these.

Well I never heard about it till now soooooo that's why they do it? I dunno. Not like it matters right now anyway.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

It’s my little bro’s birthday today, I looked at his steam wish list and there are like a hundred games on there, I don’t know what to do

Ignore everything and

oddium posted:

get him, "The Bad Rats"

😉

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I watch a ton of dumb click bait but I've decided that I'll at least refuse to watch anything where the the thumbnail has a circle and/or arrow pointing to nothing in particular. In my experience that is at the very least a 99% gaurantee that the video will feel like it is literally stealing my time from me

Not a video but I thought this was clever

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Music by Yuzo Koshiro :eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Wasn't everyone completely fooled by Robo Ky in one of the story modes? "Holy Orders?" is a wonderful cacophony.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

b_d posted:

the version of robo-ky's story I played didn't have anyone fooled, or even acknowledging his resemblance to ky. it did have this however

I may have just dreamed it up but that's hilarious. It's right up there with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8KYp0aaJY

Snooze Cruise posted:

All my recent reading is stuff on folkloric monsters and cryptids, but more stuff done on a scholarly level (and totally skeptical for the crytid stuff) besides a few bestiaries which are at least nice as a reminder/overview for other stuff I should be reading about later in more detail.

Its good stuff. Like as a kid I was kinda obsessed with monsters (i think i vaguely related to them in the sense they represent "others" and such) so like going back and doing serious actual reading on this stuff is fun.

Oh and I guess I am also trying to read some more orthodox mysteries. I need to read Tokyo Zodiac Murders, Decagon House Murders sometime next month.

I just foundout about this little guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvIPNYTzGuA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

when did this new writer start her tenure, i kinda like this

:same: though, as usual, stay away from the comments

• Locked thread