Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Ephphatha posted:

One of the cycling goons (jamal I think) keeps posting photos of post-ride tacos on his strava rides and it's making me salty as gently caress that there's nowhere nearby I can get tacos.

Also slothrop I've been meaning to upload photos of where those stickers you gave me ended up, most are on the toolbox (and it's not exactly photogenic) but that if I crash one ended up in about the most appropriate location I could think of given I seem to crash every other MTB ride:

(That's the bottom of the downtube near the bottom bracket, if that's visible then I've no longer got the wheels on the ground. It's been visible a lot since then :v:)

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yes those are my bike rids and tacos. Some friends of mine did a greek gyro bike tour of town recently that involved 4 stops and 4 gyros, and while I like gyros 4 of them in an afternoon sounds pretty horrible. However, it inspired me to plan a taco tour, which is 10 stops, but seems much more manageable.

https://www.strava.com/routes/12847503

Unfortunately, in order to make it a thing anyone can do at any time (and I plan to make the whole route a strava segment), it leaves out the carts/trucks because they don't have fixed locations or hours. Although there's one I could probably put in there since they're at the same brewery like 4 days a week all summer.

Yesterday's tacos

jamal fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 29, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Liquid Communism posted:

I will forever defend Tank Girl.

It is lovely in so many ways, over the top and almost nothing like the comics, but it is such an -entertaining- mess.

I too am a devout worshipper at the church of Tank Girl. It's just a gloriously stupid mess and knows how stupid it is.

"...ugh, fabulous. I have died and gone to hardbody heaven."

And the soundtrack? Perfect.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I get to re screen my giant porch oh my god it's so fun

its not

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

:killdozer: coming to a theater near you.

https://news.avclub.com/that-insane-2004-armored-bulldozer-rampage-is-finally-g-1825628701

:killdozer::killdozer::killdozer::killdozer::killdozer:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's not called "Killdozer" and it's not coming out June 4th.

loving amateurs.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Applebees Appetizer posted:

its not

More or less fun than shoveling snow?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

It's not called "Killdozer"
Wouldn't that require them to sort out something with whoever owns the rights to the 70s movie?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

MCU movies are better than all other comic movies and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I think the important thing to remember here is post Disney acquisition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

I think the important thing to remember here is post Disney acquisition.

Eh, just unlimited money. Disney is actively making poo poo Star Wars films.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dagen H posted:

More or less fun than shoveling snow?

Probably as much fun, tho i haven't done that in a long time so I'd prefer it actually :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Wouldn't that require them to sort out something with whoever owns the rights to the 70s movie?

True art sometimes requires financial sacrifice.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

True art sometimes requires financial sacrifice.
My understanding was that studio executives prefer that to be a last resort, after the goats, virgins, and babies have failed to work.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

its not

Just did that at the inlaws. It's loving miserable.

But do it now, because you know in a month it's gonna be too hot for 20 hours a day yo feel like doing it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Eh, just unlimited money. Disney is actively making poo poo Star Wars films.

They aren't poo poo, they're just safe, cynically calculated, and medicre. Better than what Lucas was doing with them for the last 30 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

They aren't poo poo, they're just safe, cynically calculated, and medicre. Better than what Lucas was doing with them for the last 30 years.

TFA was poo poo. TLK was kind of poo poo. Solo is gonna be total poo poo. R1 was the best film since RotJ.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rhyno posted:

R1 was the best film since RotJ.

Dang you just character assassinated yourself badly

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

Why? Rogue 1 is the only half decent modern SW film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah sorry Kaker, Rogue One is the only good SW film since the original trilogy. There's moments across the other films but you have to swim through a river of poo poo to get to them.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

iwentdoodie posted:

Rhyno posted:

Yeah sorry Kaker, Rogue One is the only good SW film since the original trilogy. There's moments across the other films but you have to swim through a river of poo poo to get to them.

I made the character assassination joke because there are no characters to assassinate in Rouge One :haw:

I don't care about Star Wars (or comics for that matter) so it's no skin off my back, but Rouge One was a tiring wankfest aimed exclusively at people that wanted Star Wars to be some cool dark art war movie. Really it just came off as desperate and cheap, the computer animated not-as-good-as-deep-fakes cameo, the painfully groan-worthy Darth Vader part and just a total lack of arc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

I made the character assassination joke because there are no characters to assassinate in Rouge One :haw:

NOBODY GOT IT GO BUY MORE AWESOME CARS

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Just did that at the inlaws. It's loving miserable.

But do it now, because you know in a month it's gonna be too hot for 20 hours a day yo feel like doing it.

That's exactly why I'm doing it now, the forecast is going straight to hell by Wed and it's gonna be that way for awhile, welcome back to FL dude :v:

I would have finished it by now but I'm dealing with corrosion in the spline grooves so it's taking me forever, hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow before it gets to Africa levels of hot.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KakerMix posted:

I don't care about Star Wars (or comics for that matter) so it's no skin off my back, but Rouge One was a tiring wankfest aimed exclusively at people that wanted Star Wars to be some cool dark art war movie. Really it just came off as desperate and cheap, the computer animated not-as-good-as-deep-fakes cameo, the painfully groan-worthy Darth Vader part and just a total lack of arc.

The things you say are true; to me it mostly came off as a star wars fan film with high production value.

TFA and TLJ weren't poo poo, they just weren't very creative. The prequels were poo poo; the sequels have just been mediocre IMO. But that seems to be Disney's thing: make tons of movies that are good enough that people will go see them, but taking zero risks and leaving the envelope firmly in place and un-pushed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Infinity War takes a ton of risks, far more than any Star Wars film has.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

Marvel is the new Star Wars

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Marvel is the new Star Wars

Nah, most Marvel films don't suck.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've loved all of the new Space Conflicts - TFA, R1, and TLJ. Giant spaceships go boom, people do crazy poo poo and call it the force, there's no Ep1 levels of stupidity (I'm all for the fan-retcon that Qui-Gon is actually a space racist).

I also finally saw Infinity War today and loved it. The only problems were a) the entire row full of kids behind me who kept describing what was happening on-screen (this was at Alamo no less - management agreed they could've done better and comped us some tickets for next time at least) and b) semimajor spoiler it's hard to believe that any of the deaths will be permanent knowing how many / what movies are already queued up later in the MCU. Unless they're all going to be midquels/prequels of some sort that cover some fragment of time in their respective character's histories that haven't been already shown onscreen, it's pretty much a given.

Also, loving lol at Thanos will return

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I also finally saw Infinity War today and loved it. The only problems were a) the entire row full of kids behind me who kept describing what was happening on-screen (this was at Alamo no less - management agreed they could've done better and comped us some tickets for next time at least) and b) semimajor spoiler it's hard to believe that any of the deaths will be permanent knowing how many / what movies are already queued up later in the MCU. Unless they're all going to be midquels/prequels of some sort that cover some fragment of time in their respective character's histories that haven't been already shown onscreen, it's pretty much a given.

Also, loving lol at Thanos will return

Well he is the main character of the film.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I think I'm more looking forward to the next (original) Star Wars trilogy that's hopefully unconnected to the rest. Then they'll have a bit more fun with it and have new ideas (I hope).

That said, I still enjoyed the the latest ones (Rogue One probably the most because it was different) despite them being flawed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I enjoyed TLJ for how much it enraged fat white nerds.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

As a recently fat white nerd, it's amazing how fast you turned on your people.

:v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

TFA was poo poo. TLK was kind of poo poo. Solo is gonna be total poo poo. R1 was the best film since RotJ.

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man now that is a bad opinion.

Rhyno posted:

While yes IW took a shitload of risks, Star Wars itself was massive one in it's entirely, let alone the whole "I am your father" thing in Empire.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I enjoyed how one of the main character makes all of the same decisions as a standard hero would and it always goes to poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

As a recently fat white nerd, it's amazing how fast you turned on your people.

:v:

I have been on record hating white people for years.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man now that is a bad opinion.

While yes IW took a shitload of risks, Star Wars itself was massive one in it's entirely, let alone the whole "I am your father" thing in Empire.

The only risk the SW franchise has taken in the past 20 years was in alienating their longtime fanbase with TLJ. Which I am all in favor of.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well he is the main character of the film.

Very true, just a big WINK WINK THEY'RE ALL DEAD... OR ARE THEY

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The only risk the SW franchise has taken in the past 20 years was in alienating their longtime fanbase with TLJ. Which I am all in favor of.

You said any Star Wars movie tho.

Altho I'm with yuu on pissing fanbois off. Personally any movie that gives hte finger to idiot fans is awesone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You said any Star Wars movie tho.

Altho I'm with yuu on pissing fanbois off. Personally any movie that gives hte finger to idiot fans is awesone.

No, I clearly listed the post Disney SW films. Of which 1 is good.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Sometimes I think I have IBS but then I remember all the beer I drink and all the spicy food I eat.

This is 100% my life.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

No, I clearly listed the post Disney SW films. Of which 1 is good.

quote:

Bolding mine :D

Plus R1 is good, TLJ is very good, the worst TFA can be accused of correctly is being a play it exceedingly safe remake of the original. Which after the gently caress up of the prequels is exactly what was needed. I feel like the people who poo poo on TFA are trying to poo poo on it for the movie they image/want it to be, not the movie it is - which is dumb as gently caress. Looking at TFA as it was meant to be seen as - a love letter to ANH, with new characters being established - it works very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This conversation sparked me to watch R1 again. I missed the first 20 minutes or so in the theater, but I remember enjoying it.

It's not bad so far.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 30, 2018

• Locked thread