Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

Oof Matt groenings in the Epstein Court docs and it's some gross poo poo

It is gross, but at least it's not sex stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: at the guests this week demanding to do the Maude Flanders dies episode

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nick Soapdish posted:

Hope more people vote for Mission Hill as the Fall miniseries. Show still holds up well.

Chapo Trap House interviewed Bill Oakley, and like half the interview was about Mission Hill. Unfortunately, I think it was Patreon exclusive.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anime is loving bad and I skip every anime episode of What A Cartoon

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Do a stunt where hitting a new Patreon dollar/subscriber goal guarantees the WAC "Edgy Month from Hell." Drawn Together, Allen Gregory...Striperella and Gary the Rat...Gary and Mike...that episode of Nutshack about appropriating black culture...

Also fuckin' A finished the Dr. Katz episode and they dragged Friends (and more specifically, Ross from Friends) again, Bob and Henry are heroes

An episode from that season of Ren & Stimpy where they were on Spike TV and uncomfortably sexual.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m looking forward to them getting to the really bad seasons. It should be interesting. The pod made me realize that season 9 and 10 are still pretty good.

Gonna be in Season 13 like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EFF3BmxEq0

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I know I've seen every episode of the Simpsons (yes, every one), but the podcast is getting to the point where I've only seen the episode once, so I've looooong forgotten it. I might have to start watching the Simpsons along with them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Good episode this week, I find the Bible Stories episode pretty bad overall but having a guest on who believes and seems to have a pretty deep knowledge of the subject matter adds nicely to the discussion. They mention it on the show but this really does feel like the first one of those random anthology episodes that I feel like they do a lot of these days.

Yeah, Family Guy dips into this a lot too. It feels lazy as hell. No need to write a plot. Just plug your characters into the story and add jokes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Old Man and the C Student is the first episode I don't really remember. I think I've seen the one where Marge and Homer go to the Olympics for curling more than I've seen that one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

From the Patreon they're thinking of going back and redoing the earlier Lasertime episodes. I mean, I enjoy the pod enough I wouldn't mind, but some other patrons seem to think this is to hold of on doing the the future episodes.

:lol: Season 11 includes: Saddlesore Galactica, the one where Maude dies, and Kill the Alligator and Run.

I can see why they're going "hmm, what can we do that's not Season 11?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m looking forward to them getting to the really bad stuff. It’ll be fun.

Maybe there’s some gems I missed too.

As someone who's seen every episode, there aren't that many.

Also, like, half of the words that come out of Henry's mouth are straight-up verbatim repeating the joke that they just played a clip of. This is a completely unavoidable part of Simpsons podcasting since the show is so drat funny, but they'll be out of good jokes in, like, half a year.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 19, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Human Tornada posted:

Lol I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that. "I like that the fish sandwich is so greasy it makes the wall turn see-thru when Bart rubs it. That's so much grease!"

tbf I doubt I could do any better and sometimes there's nothing to say but "that was a good gag and I liked it." I get the feeling Henry wants every podcast to be exhaustive in cataloging the episode, so even if he's got nothing to add about a joke, he wants to acknowledge it.

Also, this was 100% of the bafflingly successful Everything's Coming Up Simpsons. They'd get good guests and then be like "Hey Weird Al, you remember that time Homer ran around on the floor like Curly? That was funny." It was like that Chris Farley sketch.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 19, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Bad episodes are sometimes the best Pod. There are absolutely dire episodes of TNG in every season but Greatest Generation makes it work.

That's true. That show's good, but it's never been better than Season 1 TNG when most of the episodes are huge turds.

I'm looking forward to them getting to Voyager

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

This episode was the first one my dad watched and his laugh at the bunny being tossed was one of the biggests i've ever heard from him.

This is the first Simpsons scene I remember seeing ever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That did get me watching a few Pete & Pete episodes. I loved that show when I was a kid.

It strikes me re-watching it that they really understood kid-logic well. Like, of course, Steve Buscemi's remote control car is a match for a real car in a race. Yeah, nothing you do in the hour that gets wiped out by daylight savings time counts, it's a total freebie. If you have the strongest man in the world push a house over an inch, the occupant would miss putting their key in the next day by an inch.

Anyway, What a Cartoon do a Pete and Pete instead of whatever your next anime is.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 9, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

If they want to do a live action cartoon, I'd recommend Get a Life. That was a very weird show. Plus David Mirkin!

Never seen it. Maybe we that'll be my next "no one cares enough to copyright claim this" YouTube binge

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I would love to hear them talk about Tuca & Bertie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That long-term plan for Andy's career to get slightly better every season until he's Matt Groening and he loving hates himself is so goddamn good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It seems like Bart is a pretty easy voice, but the VAs trying to do Homer are taking just wild swings.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fred is on posted:

Dan Castellaneta is literally inimitable, so I'd say putting their own unique spins on the character was probably the best choice.

I can't find the interview, but I've heard him talk about the evolution of the voice and it's amazing to hear him go "well it was like this and then I added 25% Walter Matthau to make it a little harsher so then it sounded like this" and he's right it's somehow exactly 25% Walter Matthau that he's added.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I created a podcast discord, https://discord.gg/rTc2f7z simpsons chat welcome

Bread & Roses forum is taking on a lot of refugees right now. You can register and not pay the $10 and they'll let you in within a few hours. For those who prefer the forums experience to the chat room feel of discord.

https://breadnroses.net/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
*subs to patreon to finally listen to this Talking Futurama I've been hearing so much about*

"Wait a minute, there was a third guy???"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stealie72 posted:

What if we start a write in campaign for them to drop the Simpsons after this season and concentrate on other series full time?

gently caress yeah Talking Futurama full-time!

*two years later*

Oh god, what have we done?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stealie72 posted:

Spends several years covering every episode of king of the hill.

That's true. King of the Hill never really faltered. Maybe a couple of seasons weren't spectacular, but nothing dire.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is the first of these votes I've seen. Do they ever just exclude Futurama and King of the Hill to give other stuff a shot?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Bob is going nuts on twitter due to not being able to move to Canada to be with his fiancee, so if he wants to do Duckman, he should be allowed to.

Time to smuggle him in!

Patreon goal: Fake stuffed moose to ship Bob to Canada in

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 18, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest I haven't really listened to the new episodes much unless there's a guest I like because I can't even listen to the clips of the Simpsons Season 11.

Time to break the emergency glass. It's a King of the Hill podcast now. 5 more years of good material.

brugroffil posted:

anything to delay crossing into The Bad Seasons lol

but it's a good idea, the podcast is different now than it was in the early days.

Simpsons Movie minute like that Star Wars Minute podcast?

Mission-by-mission breakdown of Simpsons Road Rage?

Song decoder podcast for every Simpsons album?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw hell yeah this is my favorite episode of Futurama.

Glad they agree with me that's the best Futurama song. It's like head and shoulders above the other ones.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 30, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
November WAC schedule announced:

Ed, Edd n Eddy - "Brother Can You Spare an Ed? / The Day the Ed Stood Still" [Patreon: 11/2/20 - Free Feed: 11/9/20]

Courage the Cowardly Dog - "Everyone Wants to Direct / Remembrance of Courage Past" [Patreon: 11/9/20 - Free Feed: 11/16/20]

The Wind in the Willows - "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" [Patreon: 11/16/20 - Free Feed: 11/23/20]

Bubblegum Crisis - "Tinsel City Rhapsody" [Patreon: 11/23/20 - Free Feed: 11/30/20]

An Extended Preview of What A Cartoon Movie for Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit [Patreon: 11/30/20 - Free Feed: 12/7/20]

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 31, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The talk about "Oh maybe it'll come to that" about reading old sci-fi, and guys, I'm here for it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fawf posted:

my wedding gift to bob is voting for duckman

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yes, invent it for Julie Kavner's sake.

Looks like they talk to a guy who works on it in his spare time. His clips don't seem that great to me though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL7LK3iEaVw

If that guy's on the cutting edge then it doesn't seem like it's progressed from like a decade ago when they made Roger Ebert a custom voice from the clips of his movie reviews after he lost the ability to speak from jaw cancer surgery.

https://www.ted.com/talks/roger_ebert_remaking_my_voice