Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

somekindofguy posted:

Can we just get a sequel to Raging Boll with Bob getting wailed on or something

Raging Boll II is in the process of coming about, actually. Boll's gonna beat Alex Jones senseless if he ever gets his hands on his plump, sweaty, red rear end. Also MovieBob loves giant monster movies, of loving course he'd love Rampage.

...These people are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Apparently they really want to test Brad.

That's kinda the mental game I've been playing throughout all this: "Okay, will this be the thing that breaks Brad? No? Let's go deeper then." Like, I think at this point I'm gonna unsub from Brad just on principle, regardless of whether he finally cuts ties with CA or not. I'm losing buckets of respect for him the further this goes, Sage too for that matter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

Apologies for the double post but I went to check CA's site and Angry Joe isn't listed on there anymore.

Welp. Now the pressure's really on Brad and Bennet. They're literally the last two big names left on the site that aren't Doug. So congrats to them, I guess, for managing to stay aboard the Titanic up to the point where the lights flick off and the boat splits in two. You did it, guys!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

MasakoX isn't on the site anymore either, by the way. That leaves 9 producers left.

I do hope Brad and Bennett find a measure of solace and solidarity with their remaining peers... Blockbuster Buster and Toons These Days. In the meanwhile, I've dropped both of them on my YouTube subscriptions and it'll be a long loving while before I ever reconsider re'upping them or plugging anything they do even if they leave Channel Awesome now anyway.

E: Like, I mean at least Larry hemmed and hawed about maybe leaving the site before he apparently chose to stay on. So I don't know if that makes it better or worse than Brad proudly planting his flag atop Mt. Michaud or Bennett's utter radio silence on the matter.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 12, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GoneRampant posted:

Someone here in the last thread said that Larry admitted to them in private that he hates CA and is only staying to watch the fireworks and implosions from within. He's said on Twitter that he doesn't feel comfortable leaving now as (since he was never a big name producer) it would feel to him like he's just riding the coat-tails of the producers who paved the way.

Either way, with Joe and Masako gone, the non-Doug producer count on TGWTG can be counted on two hands now.

...Neither of those are good excuses for staying at this point, honestly. I don't particularly care what way he ultimately goes, I was never really a fan of Larry's anyway, but the absolute last window to leave is closing rapidly, if not already closed thanks to The Response. We'll see just what kind of disaster their video address turns out to be. But in my books, anyone who's still up on that site by Saturday evening, I'm officially done with and have lost all respect for.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Linear Zoetrope posted:

What's the worst thing they could possibly try? Skits where they impersonate and mock former CA staff to "recreate" what "actually" happened?

I mean, they wouldn't possibly do that, but it's about the worst they could do without, like, suing the Not So Awesome auths for defamation.

Probably somewhere on the scale between the Christine O'Donnell "I'm not a witch..." video, or the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster apology video, or >run Zuckerberg.exe/I_am_[ADJECTIVE]_sorry,_humans_re:Facebook.mp4.

Some schmaltzy thing of Doug staring into a soft focus lens in front of a gray dapple backdrop and talking in what he assumes to be a pleasing yet conciliatory tone about Certain Misconceptions, while not actually saying anything or apologizing for anything either.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Basically, if they're forcing Malcolm and Tamara to be a part of it instead of plunking Doug's doofy rear end down alone in front of a camera in his living room and having him wing it, then whatever video statement they put out is 100% going to be some over-produced tone deaf fart that you would almost mistake for parody at first blush.

E:

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah, I put Bennett in the dumb gif I made because he looks funny and I figured, gently caress it, it's only a matter of time anyway. But he's still there. He will always be there.

Clearly, it should have been Joe :v:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 12, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

I wonder if Larry or Brad is the "fifth shareholder" they mentioned in that response. It'd explain not leaving no matter what, because they have a stake in the company.

Or it's just loyalty, I don't know, regardless it makes me feel bad. This whole situation makes me feel bad.

Larry has claimed repeatedly that Michaud and the Walkers have to be reminded that he even exists so he’s technically not even on the site, despite him being one of literally eight names left attached to it now, but his reasons for just not leaving, even after all this are ringing hollower and hollower.

I don’t know or care what Brad’s deal is anymore. With Bennett pulling the cord this morning, he’s won the race to be the last man on the Titanic before the ship slips beneath the surface and he can ride its hulk all the way down to the sea floor as far as I’m concerned.

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

I'm not even sure they know who Larry even is or that he's even on the site.

Larry, for context, is Larry Bundy Jr, aka Guru Larry. He does videos on video game history and obscure facts. They’re actually quite well researched and informative and Larry’s pretty drat funny himself, but yeah ^^^ all of that bullshit up there.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 12, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

So 2 more if Gaming Wildlife is one of them.

I really hope one's Brad, though I sadly doubt it.

I'm just not sure what else to say. This is a complete dumpster fire and the worst part is that I don't see the Walkers or Michaud learning anything from it.

I think the final count when it all shakes out is gonna be Brad, Buster, and Larry with an asterisk the size of Saturn. So technically just Brad and Buster.

E:

Mokinokaro posted:

And more delisted from the site.

It's down to:
Blockbuster Buster
Brad Jones
Guru Larry

(Gaming Wildlife are still listed)

lol I was right.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FoldableHuman posted:

People are saying they can't respect Larry for sticking around, but I'll admit that if I were in Larry's shoes I might just hold out for top tier shitposting like this, too:

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/status/984576447712055296

Okay, you got me, that was really funny. Well played, Lawrence. :tipshat:

Now get the gently caress outta there already and leave Brad and Buster to their little Doug Walker Fan Club.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

If it's Brad I'll LP a Hyper Dimension Neptunia game :toxx:

Noted. I will hold you to that then :getin: / :devil:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

I may have made a mistake.

I think you're off the hook:

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/status/984604043199827969

According to Larry it's just him and Brad left and now he's just playing chicken with him for shits and giggles.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

business hammocks posted:

I am kind of tickled at the thought of CA internal discussions getting reduced to a sombre old friend taking things very seriously and stressing out at every step down into the abyss and a grinning British troll nobody even realized was there a month ago. It would be like if Groucho were in the bunker with Hitler.

Like, at this point I'm legit surprised that Michaud hasn't booted Larry off the site in a fit of rage. Because that would kind of rule, to be honest; Larry making the fractional remnant of Channel Awesome so mad at his in-house dunking that they sever from him :yum:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/status/984621004491194370

Larry is claiming it's down to him and Brad. There's no confirmation either way.

The ship has gone vertical and is making its final plunge, imploding beneath itself as the ocean consumes it. Only two men remain onboard, one of them clings to the railings with all his might and weeps in dread; the other stands defiantly atop the letters TITANIC - LIVERPOOL, cackling madly, firing a revolve into the air and shouting at the other man, "Nice night fer a swim, innit?!"

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 13, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hurray, take your poo poo and get out now!

:emptyquote:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I am Reverend posted:

Out of curiosity i watched a blockbuster buster video since he's the only contributor whose shows are still on the site I didn't recognize and he's like if an angry internet critic was designed by a neural network. He even talks the same way every bad reviewer does where they put all the emphasis on the last word in the sentence.

Welshy and Panda put out a "poo poo TGWTG Producers Say" video years ago as they were on their way out the door following the Allison/Chez Apoc exodus, and Blockbuster Buster's lone segment was Panda deadpanning "Everything he does is poo poo..." And I've never seen anything since that refutes that one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Bee posted:

I am so sports entertained right now. All we need now is Guru Larry putting up a CA retrospective as the site's ever non-Nostalgia Critic video to play this beautiful, beautiful disaster off.

Ello, You! I'm Guru Larry, and I welcome you to Fact Hunt: Five Times Mike Michaud Was An rear end in a top hat... Just kidding, it's way more than five :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

We now close one chapter and begin anew.
Anyone here watch Auralnauts Star Wars?

Their Episode III video was funny, but once they moved into the OT they really start to drag.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Last Jedi owns so much.

The best thing that The Last Jedi did was reveal the Star Wars fanbase for the pissbabies everyone knew they were all along.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alaois posted:

EVEN DURING ALL THIS

EVEN DURING ALL THIS

WE STILL FIND TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT loving STAR WARS

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen... Whether you like it or not!

Also be sure to call the thread “Brad Jones Made Me Do It” :getin:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

Lupa can you ask Brad if he'll co commentate with me

God, if you get Brad on for even one video I will re-sub to him in a femtosecond.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

So something I'd found was apparently a writer for Salon wants to interview Matthew Buck about the CA stuff

https://twitter.com/MatthewRozsa/status/984776005247217664

How big is Salon as a publication, exactly? I don't really know what this means.

They're a mid-level left-leaning internet news magazine akin to Slate, or The Daily Beast known for think pieces and political commentary. Something you'd normally only run into on r/politics or cable news morning shows, or, god help you, D&D. Though for the Internet Critic/Ex-Channel Awesome crew, it's probably up there near the apex of expectation for "traditional media" exposure.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Roth posted:

I hope the Channel Awesome controversy gets turned into a professional documentary that goes on to win Oscars and then gets turned into a biopic about Doug Walker.

Tommy Wiseau gets his ultimate revenge and wins an Oscar for playing Doug.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ban everyone who baba booeys. No mercy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pirate Jenny posted:

yesssss give me unlimited power

hell, maybe THIS is my opportunity to truly, finally go down in flames

I support you, Lindsay :patriot:

Come, J O I N U S I N H E L L :kheldragar:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, I guess we get one last Reverse Rachel Maddow Wall post before either Brad or Larry disappear from the site:

Early March 2018:

Mid April 2018:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

I'd believe it.

I don't. Larry's capable of expressing enjoyment in things.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Curses, foiled again by shitposting.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If Larry actually outlasts Doug of all people on CA, I will subscribe to him out of respect for the sheer size of his balls.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

Yep. From what I understand if Doug left, the Nostalgia Critic is dead. Theoretically CA could recast him but lol.

Doug could call himself the Nostalgic Critic but that would probably infringe on the original copyright.

“Hel-loooo, I’m the New-stalgia Critic...”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

I hate the NC and would be fine if I never see th shrill gun waving bald man again

But he could just call him self The Critic. Everyone calls him that away. Same character, different name.

Or, god forbid, he could just drop the character and gimmick entierly and try to grow as an entertainer and critic like Lindsay et al. did... you know, like 5 years too late to matter, but still.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I Before E posted:

Jay Sherman won't be happy to hear that.

FWIW, Doug has repeately listed The Critic as one of his favourite TV shows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah, by all means keep quoting it after we've long since moved on from it :rolleyes:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd report them but barely anything ever gets done on Twitter because it's run by gormless libertarians.

I'm not intending to keep this line of conversation going, but for an ostensibly voracious tweeter, the account in question has fallen silent since it's massive climactic half-cocked gasket blow. But then again Twitter is more addictive than crack to crazy people, so who knows if they'll be back. I don't honestly care and neither should anyone in this thread.

Water's wet. Chicken's delicious. Jack Dorsey and Biz Stone love Nazis. Whaddup.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 17, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Nella's finally getting the recognition she deserves!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

To be fair, even Doug has talents he can use in other jobs. I know he did improv for like a minute, and there was that PBS commercial from like ten years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUhTevBnqbE

If the guy gets a decent agent, he can have a steady career.

This is why I said that Doug's more a comedian than a critic. Like, yeah he's dim and doesn't get basic poo poo, but the dude has charisma, can sell a joke, and can put up a likeable front when need be. He just needs a proper writer and director guiding him to make the most of his talents.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

'As a self-made Entrepreneur I wrote, acted, shot and edited media entertainment for an audience of hundreds of thousands' with added bonuses if you're big such as 'I managed employees'.

I mean, in an age where 'influencer' is an actual profession it's not that out there anymore.

Pretty much the only stumbling block to Doug landing on his feet after all this is whether he can spin a good answer to any inevitable questions that'll come up about Mike Michaud. But honestly, obsessing over anyone from CA's future career prospects is weird and creepy and tabloidy to the max.

Seriously, why the hell do you people let Bibbs lead you down these dumb garden paths? I just fuking can't :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Oh we have one now

Indeed, you do. So everyone calm the gently caress down already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

rest in peace, nine-gear crow

I'm only here till we find a proper replacement mod. In the interim, I shall strive to be an improper replacement mod.