Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i like ur av bk

hey ecco give me a day vig pls!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

thank you as, i took the picture of the painting myself

when i took the picture i thought two things

first, "this is me"

second, "this would be a good avatar for my dead comedy forums that i play my silly social manipulation game on"

ha i like mine bc it makes me feel more confident. maybe i should spin it round but it may not contain the same level of disdain that i appreciate from it now.

i hope your dad is doing well also :)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
mcdonalds sucks balls

Podima posted:

lol @ moat tho

lol

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
its happening!!!!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Moatillata posted:

Oh poo poo I just got my role pm and I am going to have to care for a young Natalie Portman i don't think I'm ready for this responsibility

tell me truly moat was it a scum pm?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Asiina posted:

Pod, let's be best friends in this game, and I know the only way to do that is to kill your current BFF and take his place.

##vote Max

uhh excuse me but my experience says that anyone trying to kill max day one in an ecco game is probably scum sooo ##vote asiina

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
guess what monathin

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
just cause

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning

##unvote

##vote pod

for this post:

Podima posted:

Boooooo first-post Miller fullclaims are so boring. I believe it though.

Cops should watch out, this likely means the usual Eccogame sanity hijinks are at play.

and this one:

Podima posted:

What’s with this flip flop on Keane within the same post?

re: asiina, i had a similar reaction to keane when i saw that post, something about the phrasing that pinged me a little.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
what are your thoughts on aa bowmore?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thankyou curly

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Ninth Layer posted:

"Could you elaborate why you take issue with those two statements?" If there is an obvious problem that Atomic Soda sees here, it is lost on me.

sure

*simpers*

Podima posted:

Boooooo first-post Miller fullclaims are so boring. I believe it though.

Cops should watch out, this likely means the usual Eccogame sanity hijinks are at play.

i think miller first post claims are a good idea. i realise that pod hasn't disagreed with this in his post, but the way its phrased and the negative slant makes me feel wary. the second bit i'm wavering between giving advice and subtle fishing.

Podima posted:

What’s with this flip flop on Keane within the same post?

didn't get this read from aa's post, though i don't agree with him.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

Don't love how you dropped the vote and waited to explain it till asked, but at least you had the explanation ready even if it's a weak one. (P.S. I've said the same thing about millers in previous games, pretty sure. I find instant claims exceptionally boring gameplay.)

AA's post was difficult to follow in the first place (though apparently others read it more easily than I did) and I'm still not sure I like it. Looking back again, he mentions Max a couple times but never makes an alignment call on him.

i'm always interested in who asks. its day one, i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk, but i think it's worth a vote. i agree the aa post was not easier to read.

what do you think of bowmores response to my initial vote?

i'm also a little suss of sober.

Asiina posted:

That AS "case" on Pod is real bad and doesn't actually say why he's scum at all.

##unvote
##vote AS

i thought my follow-up was reasonably clear, but again i'm suss of him because of the tone of response to yami plus possible fishing, and trying to make something of something that wasn't there re: aa.

do you have any other reads? your case that i'm scum is that my case on pod is real bad, yes?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning.

##unvote

should obviously lurk more.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I find these comments suspect for several reasons.

AS simultaneously acknowledges Podima's defense of her accusations but then repeats those accusations to anotherr without any sign of taking Podima's defense to account.

When challenged to explain why Atomic Soda's accusations speak at all to alignment, AS instead simply repeats them verbatim, as if unwilling or unable to explore them further.

AS offers two very disposable, unexplained reads of others here and ends the statement disparaging Asiina's vote and implying Asiina needs to post opinions of others. It is as if Atomic Sofa offered up these quick opinions solely to accuse Asiina of not having done the same.

An assassin should always trust their instincts. Mine are telling me to ##unvote ##vote Atomic Soda

can you please tell me how my pod reads don't speak to my view on his alignment. i'm having trouble figuring out exactly what you want from my day 1 pod case - i smelled fishing, i didn't like the tone of posts, i thought he was stretching a point on aa. god you guys make me feel like the dumbest rear end in a top hat on earth sometimes.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
someone asked me re: my bad feels on sober.

this is the post i was looking at.

IllegallySober posted:

##unvote

Oh good, another game with a miller? Thanks, Ecco :colbert:

Good post, I agree.

Somewhat agree with this too although I feel like I've played a game with her recently where she insisted she'd switched up her meta and that turned out to be the case. We'll see.

Lol, our team got so boned because of that mechanic (and because my play sucked, but, y'know).

Feel like this is trying really hard to be a gotcha way too early D1. I don't like it.

Like the gimmick and I know Ecco appreciates it but I ain't reading this much D1, sorry.

I kinda don't either. Consider myself pinged.

That's my "hot takes" for now.

- i don't think its a good post, which i covered.
- last time i played w asiina she was town and rage quit (after significant provocation)
- didn't see cckeanes post as a gotcha, just scum hunting.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Ninth Layer posted:

"How does "booooo what a boring miller claim" speak at all to alignment, let alone convey a 'negative slant?'

"Where is this fishing you keep talking about? What do you think he was fishing for?

"Why are you still suspicious of him for attempting to clarify a statement you both agreed was hard to parse?"

Above all, why are these same points repeated verbatim as if this case is still worth defending?

- cause yami is a new player, and it felt like a negative comment for an action i thought was a good one.
- i think he might have been fishing for cops, i thought this was the most obvious bit.
- maybe cause i think highly of pod, but also because it felt a little bit like a 'throw something to the wind and see if it sticks".
- i keep getting asked/cased about, plus these are my reasons. i have obviously picked up that you and others think they are rubbish, sorry.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lets stick my neck out some more ##vote sal

i am reminded of another time sal claimed early under little pressure, he was scum (submarine game).

sorry sal, i think you're scum this game

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is basically just Atomic Soda yet again repeating opinions that have not evolved since they were originally expressed. There is no genuine suspicion here, no attempt to persuade anyone of anything. Just the same attempt to legitimize shallow.opinions through sheer repetition.

no they haven't evolved, they are the same reasons i had when i first voted. i have since unvoted. did you want me to make up reasons/arguments? it is interesting you talk about sheer repetition when that is what i am getting from you.

i'm sorry you think my opinions are shallow, you have obviously made your mind up.

why do you think i voted sal tnl, think hard.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Ninth Layer posted:

"I wanted you to express genuine interest in catching the killer among us." Or any adjustment of opinion since the start of the game.

Regarding the last sentence I feel my eyes begin to roll. What would be the logic behind Atomic Soda, as a cop, drawing attention to an otherwise unnoticed Podima post as an attempt to rolefish? Why would any cop want to initiate this conversation? If this is what AS is implying, it is somewhat dizzying.

can i ask you genuinely how you expect me to respond to this? and your constant repetition of the same question has let me move on how?

i very much regret saying anything about pod despite my suspicions, a spectacularly failed attempt to post more reads earlier. i actually regret being in this game at all atm haha but whatever. you ask for 'any adjustment of opinion since the start of the game', thanks for that. my opinion has adjusted on pod hence the unvote. you seem to really want me to go over and over the same ground again.

this whole post exists to call me stupid, and while that might be the case, it's still not very nice. i'm town but please feel free to kill me, you'll probably be better off without my posting.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

tldr she has a bad habit of making reads without providing justification at the time which I would appreciate if she cut out, but I'm not sold enough that it's scummy to push for it today. I refer you back to the player who has made no such reads all game and is coasting on nothing more than an evolving jokevote as a worthy alternative.

noted pod, i'll try to do better.

i'm here and will vote to avoid a no lunch.

it is moats m/o to jokepost alot as scum but i'd be sad to vote him out. i'd put icephoenix in the low content/possible lurking scum category. sal has form early claiming as scum, but ##unvote. part of me would prefer to vote sober but that might be the omgus talking. would also vote bowmore, who seemed to agree with my pod vote which everyone has pointed out was real bad.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##vote bowmore

bk is on discord so might check in but isn't chatting in miller chat.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

I think Ninth was murdered because he was suspicious of AS.

i agree

BottleKnight posted:

thats a little too wifomy for me keane but shes still my #1 scumpick. especially after she threw shade at me for being online on discord but not talking when i said i'd be gone last night (even if honest mistake, i thought it was weird)

i'm especially :tinfoil: considering my #2 scumpick is

it is true i'm suss of you, but that post was more about do we have enough numbers for a lunch.

why is moat your #2?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

As for soda, basically I am expecting more caution from her considering her last scum performance (sorry soda)

nah its a fair and accurate comment. i've decided to naively press on with playing this game i like regardless.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yami is town

that's the only strong opinion i have right now, i'm scared to have more

of current ppl with votes, my pick is asiina ##vote asiina

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Asiina posted:

What are you even talking about??

This is complete nonsense.

##unvote
##vote bowmore

after bowmore said we should lunch sal anyway

Asiina posted:

I believe Sal.

Yami, you are very wrong about basically all of that setup stuff on what is typical, and like I can go into detail but also don't really want to and it won't be particularly useful. Just know that there have been 20+ player games with a single scum team with 5 or more team members, so it's not like that where there's only ever 2-3 scum members.

Anyway, I kinda only skimmed the stuff that happened since I left yesterday. I also had the fleeting thought, like Pod did, that bowmore went so hard on Sal because he was soft counterclaiming, but apparently not.

after bowmmore lunched.

no posts in between

to be clear, i find this scummy because she voted bowmore, then came back afterwards saying she thought he could have been a cop also.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

Yeah but that's after a night phase (and almost a full IRL day) passed in between those posts, which I pointed out when Yami tried to say the same thing. Are you reading Asiina's post history in isolation?

i did see that. you seem to be pretty sure asiina is town pod.

i'm saying that there are no posts between her voting bowmore, and her coming to the thread to say she thought bowmore might have been a cop. this to me looks like distancing from her previous vote.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
its mostly that, plus gut vibes from the below.

Asiina posted:

But this is a text-based game, Sal.

You can't see if I'm raising my hand or not.

Unless you have cameras in here!!!

while in joke phase, thought this post was awkward. just a gut ping though.

knowing i'm town, i was suss on her push re: me. i didn't get the same vibe from tnl though that means very little at this stage i realise. i suppose i'm still confused why they thought my case re: pod didn't say why i thought you where scum, but maybe someone can explain it too me after this game lol.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

EccoRaven posted:

the deadline is super super super floating. have fun.

welp i'm out for pancakes, back in a few hours.

thankyou also pod i am feeling much better today.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lets vote fo the new player making effort posts who first post claimed miller

good plan

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

ok. i dont get scum vibes from yami at all but admittedly i am confused by this flavor thing.

hope there are enough people around for a lynch

##vote yami

there is always the possibility that sal is fibbing. i have no scum vibes from yami either. as far as i can tell from mason chat both of us would prefer to lunch the other so i don't know why you are voting yami, esp since you say you get no scum vibes at all from him.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

maybe its the post two above when i say i dont want to no lynch

i would rather lunch you or moat or probably multiple other people but i always would rather town get info from a lunch than not.

i dunno i thought we had more time w floating deadline, which could be used to push someone who you have at least some scum vibes from.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
does anyone know if ecco gives closing warnings for her floating deadlines?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm going to switch to ##unvote ##vote moat sorry moat but i have stronger town feels on yami

would happily switch back to asiina but i'm guessing that won't happen

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
why is that scummy aa?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'll miss you yami

shame shame shame

GeneX posted:

- AS is extremely lacking in reads, reasoning for said reads, and basically anything else at all besides a persistent call on Asiina that I frankly don't think deserves the exclusivity she's giving to it. Also the last minute jump even farther away from Yami is bad given his flip.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##unvote ##vote yami

I think AS is trying to protect a scum mate here. Her most vote comes with no conviction on a vote that probably would get secured. Yami is probably the right choice.

hooray!

genex can you expand your thinking re: my move further away from yami being bad?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Oh dear sweet pod, I really hope you are scum in this game

I do not like your posturing and you are acting like you don't know me as a poster and also like mafia is performed in a vacuum.

There is a ghost in the machine pod.

Your push against me is perfunctory and mechanical and I do not like it. Also you basically are omgusing me but really packaging it like you are not

Also I have a secret theory that is very :tinfoil: and I don't think would go over well

As for soda, basically I am expecting more caution from her considering her last scum performance (sorry soda) and I'm not seeing it and it satisfies me that she is town atm

AA posts in a way that makes it impossible for me to tell because he so often is wrong (Sorry aa) I like his engagement atm and so I am less inclined to go scum for him

hi moat how are you feeling about pod, and do you feeling sharing your :tinfoil: theory now?

also

Moatillata posted:

I think ninth was murdered bc of his PR

Which is p funny to me

then you say

Moatillata posted:

I think Yami's claim is a gambit

Also I don't really agree with his(her?) Cases

##vote yammi

Please don't turbo me tonight I am gonna be out and unable to defend myself

Can someone look up who was complaining about TNLs PR bc they are probably scum too

this is what i found

Podima posted:

The last time TNL went all-in on RPing for no good reason, it was so he didn't have to fake opinions as scum. (Mary Celeste mafia) ##unvote ##vote TNL

it's weird (ie scummy) that you alluded to this but didn't specify, esp since you have been on pods case and vise versa. max even called him out for it.

Max posted:

Podima not reading every single bit of flavor.

Shame

##unvote
##vote Podima

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi pod i wanted to ask about something. i didn't really want to revisit this lol but oh well

this was posted after my first explanation to tnl re: my vote on you

Podima posted:

Don't love how you dropped the vote and waited to explain it till asked, but at least you had the explanation ready even if it's a weak one. (P.S. I've said the same thing about millers in previous games, pretty sure. I find instant claims exceptionally boring gameplay.)

AA's post was difficult to follow in the first place (though apparently others read it more easily than I did) and I'm still not sure I like it. Looking back again, he mentions Max a couple times but never makes an alignment call on him.

asiina voted for me after this post.

you responded to sober re: his vote on me as well

Podima posted:

Hmm thank you but:

She didn't say my miller post was a good idea but negatively phrased, she said miller claims were a good idea and that I was throwing negative light on Yami doing so. (Which is true but only in the greater meta context that I find first post miller claims boring, from a this-game perspective it's fine and good that they did that because it's valuable information in an Eccogame.)

Also she did cover why she thought you were suss at a later point after asked. Vague justification but it's justification.

tldr she has a bad habit of making reads without providing justification at the time which I would appreciate if she cut out, but I'm not sold enough that it's scummy to push for it today. I refer you back to the player who has made no such reads all game and is coasting on nothing more than an evolving jokevote as a worthy alternative.

but here you say

Podima posted:

I don't care for it that much, but was holding back so as to see others' unvarnished opinions. Nevertheless, here:

A night passed in between the two posts you call out. Changing opinions overnight or with time isn't unreasonable.

She said why it was bad, because AS didn't say why I'm scum (which is accurate). Cases don't have to be long and flowery to be valid. Also, she expanded on it to prove that there was additional thought behind the statement, which is fine with me in my book.

I'll give you all of this as valid, but at the same time no reason has been shown in thread to doubt the cop claim. We even have a claimed miller - you - to give it additional validity by your very existence. (Yes, an Eccogame could have millers without cops, but eh.)

It's not the slam dunk that you're framing it as.

there are a few days between these posts, but i was wondering if you could let me know why your view has changed, or why you think my explanation or justification doesn't say why i thought you were scum?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

Actually I'm gonna ##vote moat as well

I admit this is partially omgus.

But also his "line of questioning" was just "hey you should tell me who your scumbuddies are" and "don't worry if you help us we'll make sure you're last" which is just so disingenuous to A: imply to others that he actually questioned me and B: act like he would have believed anything I said.

I also had sort of been ignoring/resisting the stuff posted about him in the thread because I was hoping that he'd turn out being ok because it was nice to have people to talk to outside of the thread.

how did you respond to that line of questioning?

IcePhoenix posted:

More falisifying

the direct answer to asking me if I thought he was scum:

so I guess if pressed to yes or no, I'd say no right now
but I also wouldn't say yes if I had to say if I thought you were town

And while I did say that there were five others, that was when he asked me. Obviously things have changed since then.

who were the five?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

IIRC I was trying to refute the point against Asiina that she was being scummy by saying your case was bad and dropping a vote on you without saying why, by pointing out that she did explain herself? Both of you (hilariously in retrospect) made reads/votes without explaining them further until prompted.

(I'll be honest my eyes crossed while trying to reread and untangle that snarl of cross-quotes, but I'm fairly sure that's it.)

hm, agree asiina did explain herself, but my issue is more that you seemed to change your read on my post in order to defend her. there is the fact that it was several days ago.

i think what i'm saying is that i find it a little suss but not enough to push atm

Podima posted:

What WAS your theory though? I'm curious and anything might help at this point.

i am also curious tell us moat

• Locked thread