Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
The K.Y.L.O. System

Kill your father.
Yearn to be Darth Vader.
Lose to someone who has no prior Jedi training.
Ocularly rape every female you come across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I just sat here for a few minutes thinking of something I did like about Solo. All I could think of was the period where he joins the Empire and is on that planet where he meets Woody and Chewbacca. I wanted to see more of his time in the Empire because that was the only thing interesting about the film.

I also would have liked to have seen the first version of the film before Ron Howard took over. Was it really that bad? Or did the executives just not understand what Phil Lord and Chris Miller were doing and we could have potentially had the best new Star Wars film?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

It's so bad it's probably true.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

banned from Starbucks posted:

Han is a doofus. He had the greatest excuse ever for paying jabba late. "Hey bro I just stuck it to the space cops big time making it easier for you to keep doing space crimes." too bad phones or paypal dont exist in star war

Wasn't it more about Jabba looking weak and vulnerable to the other crime lords and that's why he was so pissed at Han?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...patine-returns/

lmao if this is true. God, what a loving mess.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Rey was supposed to be the Chosen One. Palps and his Master sensed that the Force would create its own physical embodiment but they were able to transform it and created Anakin instead. Anakin still fulfills the prophecy after all and the Force abandons Rey on Jakku. She was never meant to have a role and jumps through a time portal at the end of the movie, finding herself as Shmi Skywalker. Directed and written by JJ Abrams.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Flavius Aetass posted:

Why is it that Palpatine seems genuinely badass in ROTJ as he drips with pride and malice, just chewing the scenery, but post-scarring ROTS Palpatine just seems cheesy, like the actor is clearly hamming it up?

"Faster and more intense."

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Palpatine looks into the camera and says "THX-1138."

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Szmitten posted:

Williams said he was gonna incorporate everything from all three trilogies since it's supposed to be the ending but keep quoting Youtubers I guess

I just want a stupid fight sequence between Rey and Kylo where they Force time travel through every other lightsaber fight but are juuuuust in the right place to not be seen by anyone else but we know..... We know.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Here's some music.

https://disneystudiosawards.com/star-wars-score.html

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
After listening to those music tracks I couldn't find anything new that stuck out or felt memorable but that's without watching the movie for context. I just hear the old, familiar themes in a few of those pieces. Meh. This whole trilogy is meh.

If they make more Star Wars then it's time to have John Williams retire and give the reigns to the GoT music dude.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Was this more of Kennedy's fault or JJ's fault?

Aside from Star Trek 09, I've never really cared for his other stuff.

Rian Johnson is just the kid at the beach who kicks over your sand castle and then tells his mom that you kicked his over.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

lmao i know it's a cell phone photo but why does this just look so weird already?

edit: It reminds me of the end of some old people pill commercial.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I just have to laugh at them spending billions on the Star Wars parks right when production on the first movies started and then completely basing those parks on the gamble that people will care about this trilogy more than the previous ones.

What a waste of time and possibility.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Does this movie ever explain who the old man was that gives Poe the map piece in TFA and why he has it?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

SpaceDrake posted:

At least in The Old Republic MMO they meticulously set up why there was a sudden surprise secret empire and when you actually play as the non-force-sensitives on that side, there's some interesting stories about how, in fact, that hosed up a lot of the people involved and is a kind of neat example of fantasy-fascist-stand-in leaders inventing grievance to solidify loyalty and a power base.

Man, I really want to replay the Agent's storyline now.

Hopefully we get an Old Republic film now that Disney is probably relieved to get rid of the ST anchor from their neck. Remove Kathleen Kennedy and give Jon Favreau $300 mil to start planning something new and give him creative freedom.

gently caress it, go even further back and let's see the beginning of the Jedi before they even come up with the name.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure but at least it will be fun.

Favreau also probably likes video games and would encourage Disney to start making more of them especially now that Fallen Order sold like crazy. I don't know if KK was in charge of those decisions but she seems like the kind of mom who called everything a Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
So what the gently caress is Project Maverick really and when can I play X-Wing Alliance 2?