Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

celewign posted:

Red tails?

only the producer https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485985/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

YaketySass posted:

It's time for that pic again as illustration:

Prequels win because Jar Jar Binks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It feels like Lucas Films is super nervous about showing this movie to the world. I wonder how much changed for Episode IX after the massive backlash over Last Jedi, and Solo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Money made doesn't equate to favorable reception. Audience opinion after seeing the Last Jedi was mostly negative.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

romanowski posted:

they're definitely going to cancel all Star Wars related projects soon

We don't live in a timeline that is this lucky or fortunate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'll never for the life of me understand why people will defend movies and get all butt hurt about box office totals. Right now, at this exact moment, our planet is literally dying, there's real poo poo to worry about, but people have to run up a hill to defend the bottom lines of media conglomerates that don't give one rats rear end about you. Bob Iger doesn't check twitter to see how your performance review went at work or if you got that bonus. It truly does not matter. I can't fathom getting pissed because someone dares besmirch a multi-national conglomerate that I've chosen identify with, especially one founded by an actual racist, that that has done tremendous harm to our culture and repressed nearly a century of artistic expression and knowledge through strong armed copyright lobbying.

I just don't get it. But here I am posting in a star wars thread, jokes on me I guess.

Sir, this is an Arbys drive through.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Wars Episode IX: Slamdunk a Jawa

There is my guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Wars Episode IX: Into Darkness

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonz posted:

There are several unsubstantiated sources now claiming the title is ”The Will of the Force”.

I was expecting a bad movie title, so if this ends up being true then it's no big deal.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

So at what time will the panel start?

9am pacific, it'll be live on the Star Wars Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCZGYJFUizSax-yElQaFDp5Q

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Wars Episode IX: C3PO Fights Back

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teagone posted:

Daisy :allears:

Also, yeah, love all the cheers for Rose :3:

That was very cute. She was overwhelmed by the reaction. Which was sweet. She got so much undue hate and racism thrown at her on social media.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlternateAccount posted:

LOL, thanking Rian Johnson.

Haha it sounded like sarcasm.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh my God Dio! :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheBuilder posted:

So I guess this means they are going back to Endor?

Ewoks are back!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It looks like Rey has Anakin Skywalkers lightsaber back, but it's a different color now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zas posted:

darth vader didnt kill palpatine i guess. no one accomplished anything in return of the jedi. sad.

I'll accept it if it's Force Ghost Palpatine and he has just been haunting the wreckage of the Death Star II this whole time. If the movie does anything else with Palpatine then I feel like it would be really lame, especially if it's another he was pulling the strings this entire time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Looks pretty dope actually. I kinda want to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IIOMrLe0M

Nothing about this looks good, it looks fan made and I can understand now why Lucas Films decided to make it exclusive to attendees at Celebration.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

romanowski posted:

you understand that this is offscreen footage right

Doesn't matter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Darko posted:

The heroes dying to Vader sequence is literally the best shot sequence in Star Wars. There's no way you can look at that and not recognize the value in the movie unless you're cinematically blind. Solo...does...not have that.

TLJ has some decent stuff, but it's mostly referenced off of other things:

Solo...eh....

This fight scene in TLJ was the worst part of the film in a film full of terrible sequences.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

The best part is one of the guards having a clear kill-shot at Rey's back due to some coreography screw-up (happens all the time, whatever) and intentionally whiffing, then nobody calling CUT! and setting up another take. For like, a billion dollar international company with seemingly unlimited resources.

This is the biggest stand out in what is a pretty poorly coreographed fight sequence. It was super obvious and so lazy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just remembered the other day that a new Star Wars movie is coming out this year. I don't think i've ever been this non-excited about a Star Wars related anything in my entire life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't think it's that unusual when you think of it two ways:

1) Disney was really ambitious and sort of crazy with OG Disneyland. Ignoring the fact that he literally tried to recreate his childhood with Main Street USA, the theming and immersion of Dinsey Parks has always been strong.

2) The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a huge hit and part of it was because it tried to sell visitors on the experience of actually being in Hogsmeade.

I think it's just raising the ante of something that has always been part of the parks and trying to reaching the success of Harry Potter.

I just don't think this is possible with Star Wars, this universe is so completely different from Harry Potter. When I think Star Wars, i'm thinking super dangerous locations where someone might come out of the darkness and shank you. So unless that is happening to park guests, it's really not a true experience.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We know the Deathstar from Return of the Jedi does not blow up into tiny pieces, the trailer for Rise of the Skywalker confirms this. Is this stupid and makes very little sense for how it's presented? Yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Potential BFF posted:

Man, Denis Lawson was right in wanting nothing to do with Star Wars beyond his part in the OT. Good job, Wedge.

I still sometimes think about Alec Guinness saying Star Wars original trilogy is bad, and laugh about that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haha

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never thought I would be watching a Star Wars trailer and feeling zero excitement, yet here we are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Preston Waters posted:

lol if anybody thinks they aren't going to make a new trilogy of episode films like 5 years from now

They are not paying attention at least, cause Disney already confirmed this is happening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonz posted:

Isn’t it going to be KOTOR?

Yes! Speaking of, the new Old Republic expansion launches tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Preston Waters posted:

nah they haven't confirmed that they are Episodes.

Fair enough! I just want Star Wars to end already. But massive cash cow and all of that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm still not convinced that this will be a successful Star Wars movie. The Last Jedi made 50% less than Force Awakens, and then Solo made 50% less than that. People are burned out on Star Wars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ungulateman posted:

so kylo ren is going to end up being redeemed because the emperor says "no, kylo, i killed your grandfather" and he will shout "no" and throw him into a pit

Rey and Kylo kill the emperor together, and then they get married and continue the Skywalker line.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

rawillkill posted:

Eh? where are you getting your numbers from

TLJ cleared 65% of TFA worldwide

edit: that percent actually goes up to 66% for domestic

Fair enough! I remember it being more in the 50% range, but that still doesn't seem like a good number. Like there should be an expected increase in profits with a sequel for such a massive movie.

Chuka Umana posted:

What the gently caress is with the horses? There are horses in Star Wars?

Man, the horses didn't even register with me as a problem, I mean the entire trailer was a boring mess, but this is what a lot of the internet seems to be focusing on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Papercut posted:

In the brief glimpse, I just assumed the horses were tantans. Cause they have to bring back everything from the OT.

They go back to Hoth to find the Wampa, and he says to Rey, "haven't I suffered enough from these star wars?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Release the rogue one cut where jyn was a terrorist in the desert for a decade instead of being hastily rewritten to just not existing for a while

I loved Rogue One, but I want the movie we were shown in the trailers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Am I remember correctly that Maz in the Last Jedi was attempting to crush a pro-union strike? That was 30 seconds and all that we see of this character.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonz posted:

Here are the fully updated storyboards for IX.

Edit: loving LOL if Kylo gets Boba Fett’d in the final act.

This whole thing is just stupid enough to be believable and is probably for sure how the film plays out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Papercut posted:

The starkillers are getting smaller!!! :aaaaa:

The next trilogy will have nano-bot Death Stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonna be interesting to see how fans react to Chewbacca dying pretty early into the movie.