Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

This is dumb.

Oh but it gets better. Fellaini's contract is running out in a month, but far from actually loving off to Turkey or something, he wants to resign with United but "on his terms", because he knows that United (or more accurately Mourinho) are desperate to retain him.

(being reported in Belgian papers apparently)

E:

Also some Italian journo claiming United have offered Lazio 91 million euros (plus add-ons) for Sergej Milinković-Savić.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Milinkovic-Savic is a fantastic player and since Lotito is a bitch he'll sell him to the highest bidder. He's absolutely worth that in the current inflated-rear end market.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Milinkovic-Savic is a fantastic player and since Lotito is a bitch he'll sell him to the highest bidder. He's absolutely worth that in the current inflated-rear end market.

I don't know that I've ever actually seen him play. What kind of player is he?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I don't know that I've ever actually seen him play. What kind of player is he?

Attacking midfielder that really ends up being more of a striker. Reminds me of Kaka but more of a lethal finisher than a playmaker. He's fast and he fucks people up because he's tall.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Attacking midfielder that really ends up being more of a striker. Reminds me of Kaka but more of a lethal finisher than a playmaker. He's fast and he fucks people up because he's tall.

So not just a Serbian Fellaini. That's good!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

EvilHawk posted:

James Madison (sorry BSE).

I don't care he's too good for us and we need the money

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

He's too ugly for LA.

It's perfect, because the line is that politics is showbiz for ugly people

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Martial leaving is a loving travesty. That said I would be absolutely shocked if they sold him to a domestic rival.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TheBigAristotle posted:

Martial leaving is a loving travesty. That said I would be absolutely shocked if they sold him to a domestic rival.

I guess City or Liverpool can just buy him from whatever club he went to in 2 seasons time

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It's looking like it's probably going to be Pellegrini as manager so we're almost definitely signing the shuffling corpse of Yaya Toure

tbh i'd be ok with this, he'll just be a slower joao mario

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheBigAristotle posted:

Martial leaving is a loving travesty.

It really is. A manager who actually cared about fostering youth at all could probably make him a superstar in a couple of seasons, but oh well that's not the Manchester United of 2018 I guess.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

tbh i'd be ok with this, he'll just be a slower joao mario

Yaya Toure just lumbering around midfield and banging in howitzers while Joe Fart fist pumps the crowd and Alan Pardew calls Pellegrini a loving old oval office. Nostalgia

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

greazeball posted:

I reckon Ings will go, Solanke too but maybe just a loan. We're also starting to have too many right backs if Clyne stays healthy, unless we start playing Gomez at CB next to The Best Defender In The World.

Yeah Ings and Solanke are strange, I'd expect one of them to go but it doesn't look like we're looking at anyone who's kind of a centre forward and with Brewster leaving that would leave us a bit short changed.

Klopp has said that he wants Gomez to play CB. I'm expecting depth next season to look like this:

VVD
Lovren
Matip
Gomez
Klavan

With the new CB either being #2 or #3

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Der Shovel posted:

It really is. A manager who actually cared about fostering youth at all could probably make him a superstar in a couple of seasons, but oh well that's not the Manchester United of 2018 I guess.

its not manchester united ever though

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
you'll never win anything with kids

- jose mourinho, 2018

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Der Shovel posted:

So not just a Serbian Fellaini. That's good!

More of a Serbian Pogba really. So much so that playing him and Pogba in the same midfield would be a big waste and not work.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

you'll never win anything with kids

- jose mourinho, 2018

Lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'd be hesitant to do a Martial for Willian swap unless Pedro was also sold for an established attacking player.

I feel like I'm the only Chelsea supporter that wouldn't throw their toys out of the pram if the squad mostly stayed the same. I would like an upgrade for Pedro and I want to see Zouma take Cahill's spot, but other than that I think the squad is young enough to improve next year

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Von Linus posted:

and 50m to spend in addition to whatever is sold. Very happy about selling noted player of the season Aaron Ramsey and Hector Bellerin, fashion icon being sold to fund the leg of a good defender.

This was posted in the PL thread, but I’m responding here because it’s about transfer stuff.

The 50m number being floated was odd because I’ve never really believed in war chests. But I imagine it’s Arsenal’s way of floating that Arteta won’t have much money to spend.

I have to assume Ramsey is gone. He’s very quietly gone into the last year of his contract, he doesn’t really fit the position he’s being asked to play, and Arsenal have a glut of players who want to play as very attacking central midfielders/no 10’s, as Ramsey seems to want. Some team is going to get a hell of a player.

Hopefully Arsenal can raise enough funds to buy an actual defender and a midfielder who will actually defend and help with build up play. But it doesn’t feel like Arsenal are being handled very competently right now, and I’m not optimistic.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ruben Neves intends to stick with Wolves.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/05/17/ruben-neves-has-no-interest-in-leaving-wolves/

Just play a couple years in the prem, and then some big club will back a dump truck full of money to your house, Ruby.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if arsenal sell ramsey they're mad he's the only good central midfielder they've got

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ornstein is saying the speculation is about Ramsey and Bellerin being sold to fund new signings, also that they missed on Tuchel by taking too long to decide on Wenger, and that it seems to be down to Arteta or Allegri

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/997415866445778944

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Gigi Galli posted:

Any shirtless pics of this lad?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I'd be hesitant to do a Martial for Willian swap unless Pedro was also sold for an established attacking player.

I feel like I'm the only Chelsea supporter that wouldn't throw their toys out of the pram if the squad mostly stayed the same. I would like an upgrade for Pedro and I want to see Zouma take Cahill's spot, but other than that I think the squad is young enough to improve next year

Young? The only young players that got time were Christensen and Bakayoko, the latter being utter trash. Bring back RLC to pair up with Kante in the middle and please switch back to a four at the back. I'd like them to buy a real striker, but I think Morata will probably be fine next year. An upgrade for Pedro would be great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PSG have supposedly offered Buffon a 7 million Euro deal over two years. He should take it so he can fail to win the CL there as well.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'd take Ramsey at Liverpool, after seeing how Klopp turned Ox around I'd love to see him get his hands on other Arsenal midfielders

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If Arteta gets the job I doubt Bellerin will be sold.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

PSG have supposedly offered Buffon a 7 million Euro deal over two years. He should take it so he can fail to win the CL there as well.

He's gonna have a ban waiting for him when he gets back for putting his hands on our large adult son Michael Oliver

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

He's gonna have a ban waiting for him when he gets back for putting his hands on our large adult son Michael Oliver

lol right, I forgot about that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

after seeing the stellar job de boer did in 4 matches at palace he's a leading candidate for the swansea job

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure his desire to play fluid, attacking football will be well-served in the Champo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

our large adult son Michael Oliver

Lmao

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Young? The only young players that got time were Christensen and Bakayoko, the latter being utter trash. Bring back RLC to pair up with Kante in the middle and please switch back to a four at the back. I'd like them to buy a real striker, but I think Morata will probably be fine next year. An upgrade for Pedro would be great.

Morata, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Emerson, RLC, Courtois, Rudiger, Bakayoko, and Christensen are all young enough that you could see measurable improvement from them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Morata, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Emerson, RLC, Courtois, Rudiger, Bakayoko, and Christensen are all young enough that you could see measurable improvement from them.

Batshuayi is dead, and also never gonna go back to you lot if he's smart at all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what youth players have man utd even brought through since ferguson left who're in the team other than rashford?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

what youth players have man utd even brought through since ferguson left who're in the team other than rashford?

McTominay, Lingard, comedy Pogba option.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so someone mourinho brought in and someone mourinho plays all the time lol

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

I just don't find turning 26 to be "young." And for the rest of them, that would require all of them to actually get playing time. Morata has been playing top level for 5 years now. And Courtois has only regressed imo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose fix my av!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no

• Locked thread