Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Could God give LeBron teammates so bad even he couldn't make the Finals with them?
This poll is closed.
Yes 10 13.51%
No 13 17.57%
Trick question - LeBron is God in the flesh 51 68.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Every gamewinner JR has ever hit undone in 4.7 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving hate how the game ended but that was super funny.

I lold irl then couldn't wait to refresh this thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

boop the snoot posted:

This is JR’s fault more than anyone

i mean nah it would be george hills

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

lol

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao when Lebron was like just give me the loving ball.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Ghost Dog posted:

I'd have felt the chances were better that the Cavs win with the Hill miss and rebound, as it doesn't give GS another shot. Had he made that, GS calls a timeout and probably hits a 3. JR could've just put it right back or give it to Lebron.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

I'd have felt the chances were better that the Cavs win with the Hill miss and rebound, as it doesn't give GS another shot. Had he made that, GS calls a timeout and probably hits a 3. JR could've just put it right back or give it to Lebron.

yea i thought about it more and this is the right take. JR really hosed them. Still. I'm going to bed so pissed at the refs. That block/charge thing is so hosed

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Leon Einstein posted:

i dont think this is necessarily true but even if it 100% is, how do you reconcile blaming it all on the guy who got the rebound which according to you, gave them the best chance to win

i mean i do actually know how you blame it on him, he refuses to shoot and then was like oh i thought we were up? and then they lose the game but you get what i mean

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mods make this my avatar

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

Here's why that's not true.

For one, missed FTs are bad but they happen. I can say I've seen horrible FT misses loads of times. Also even if Hill makes it, Golden State has tons of time to get a good look.

OTOH I literally have never seen a stupider end of game play than what JR just did.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lord, the memes are coming from this one.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Let's all relax it was Game One.

Good start to a series though!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

de curry GOAT posted:

this game will fuel the conspiracy theorists

The Illuminati gave JR smith a lobotomy

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
You can take JR from the Knicks but you can't take the Knicks out of JR.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Thank the photoshop heavens for this

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ghost Dog posted:

Missed free throws happen. Running out the clock in the NBA finals with plenty of time left to get a shot off, in a tie game, on the road instead of, you know, not doing that lmao, clearly takes priority in the mistake hierarchy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If LeBron had stuck with the power of friendship and not kicked DWade off the team, this might not have happened.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

my thought process would be: the expected outcome of a george hill free throw is almost an entire point, the expected outcome of relying on jr smith to get a rebound and initiate the offense in 4 seconds is probably less than a thousandth of a point. but im not going to die on this hill its far funnier to blame jr anyway cause lol he didnt even know the score

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont think this is necessarily true but even if it 100% is, how do you reconcile blaming it all on the guy who got the rebound which according to you, gave them the best chance to win

i mean i do actually know how you blame it on him, he refuses to shoot and then was like oh i thought we were up? and then they lose the game but you get what i mean

It's one of the most incredible plays of all time. Perfect JR. he grabs a difficult clutch rebound, the best chance the team has for a win, in a position where he cannot possibly miss without being fouled, he has multiple pass options for other open shots, and he JRs the gently caress out of it

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Not mine but...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Of course it’s JRs fault, everyone misses FTs. JR rebounded it like five feet from the basket and GS had no fouls to give. You have to put the ball back up and draw the foul. It’s also on Lue to not have his guys prepared and to not get a time out called.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jr is cool imo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

If LeBron had stuck with the power of friendship and not kicked DWade off the team, this might not have happened.

I think getting Wade off that team was a greater act of friendship than dragging him along for the rest of the year

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
KD Post game: "Yeah I had a call like that changed on my last year, so I knew about the rule. He was moving."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hahah, and now KD is saying "ah I don't want to be too critical of JR." That's because KD forgot to box out and JR saved his rear end by loving up.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
do one where lebron is trying to catch the brady reception from the SB tia

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lebron walks off the podium, wow.

Props to Lebron, he won't throw JR under the bus.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rick posted:

Lebron walks off the podium, wow.

Props to Lebron, he won't throw JR under the bus.

I didn't watch but I read a tweet and it seemed like what he said was pretty sarcastic, was he being completely serious there? What a class act

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

TheKevman posted:

I'm still waiting for my Robert Horry justification Bashez get to typing I want your report on my desk first thing tomorrow morning ok

Robert Horry's two game suspension is one of the most egregious in NBA history.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

chunkles posted:

I didn't watch but I read a tweet and it seemed like what he said was pretty sarcastic, was he being completely serious there? What a class act

When first asked what JR was thinking, he says "I dunno" and says nothing. Probably within the realm of sarcastic. But then when another guy asks the same thing he gets pretty angry at the reporter, said he answered the question already, and sounds pretty sincere at that point then walks off when the guy asks a follow up.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Bashez posted:

Robert Horry's two game suspension is one of the most egregious in NBA history.

:allears: tell me more, Bashez

Gather round, all, this is gonna be good Bashez is a walking rule book

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
That's it, that's all there is. He was suspended two games for a flagrant foul.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

perfectineveryway.gif

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Rabid Snake posted:

God drat I love how Draymond is talking crap when he was horrible all game. This is like straight from the WWF

13p/11r/9a/5 steals 2 blocks is horrible?

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

warcrimes posted:

13p/11r/9a/5 steals 2 blocks is horrible?

"Well....well...did you see all those threes he missed!?!?! :argh: god I hate the warrior!!!!1!1 :kingsley: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

predicto posted:

perfectineveryway.gif

Incredible

• Locked thread