Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

It's Wednesday night, we're all nerds, we having nothing better to do, maybe we're masochists, but in any event it's...

Game 2? The Warriors didn't really need any refereeing help or unbelievable J.R. Smith blunders to help them win that one. Cleveland actually outscored Golden State in the dreaded third quarter 34-31, but it was big margins in the second and the fourth that propelled Golden State to a 19-point win.

LeBron James didn't put the gamebreaking numbers that he did in the opener, so of course Cleveland was utterly doomed. Once again Kevin Love scored points, but not very efficiently. Once again, the rest of the Cavaliers didn't really do a thing.

On the Golden State side, Steph Curry's three-point catapult was fully-calibrated and working. Kevin Durant made about 75% of his shots. Klay Thompson had a good night after initially being a doubt due to a knee injury. JAVALE MCGEE!!!!! shot 6/6 from the floor.

So, with that we go into tonight's third game needing one outcome if this series is to be competitive in any way: Cleveland has to win. If Golden State takes this and goes up 3-0 there's just no way they do the unthinkable and lose the finals. Not against a Cavs team that is basically LeBron, Sale-price Kevin Love, and a collection of ten other guys who don't appear to be up to the task.

Want more? Here's more...

If we end up with the same lineups as Sunday night, here's who starts...

Bottom line: someone other than LeBron James needs to have a good game for Cleveland to win. Anybody. Even if Kevin Love can bump that shooting percentage up a bit and hit 1-2 more shots it could be enough. But, they also need J.R. Smith to pull his head out of his rear end and Kyle Korver to find the shooting form that he had in the first three rounds of the playoffs. Also, physically nail Jordan Clarkson to the bench.

Tipoff is in a couple of hours. Hopefully we have ourselves a good game tonight, because to get this far in the playoffs and have the finals be an easy sweep just plain sucks. Want evidence? Last time there was sweep in the NBA Finals was 2007 (LeBron's first finals) and outside of Spurs fans I'm honestly not sure many people even remember it.

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao Chuck comparing taking 3s to women: You always like it when you go out with a pretty girl, but when you find out she's dumb, you gotta stop it!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1004513100882575360

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Having some delicious cake. Hopefully this is lucky cake for the Cavs.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Guillermo is loving amazing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Sorry Warcrimes they have to lose tonight so everyone who said something about Iggy being injured gets mad, that's just the law of chaos

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cool Buff Man posted:

Sorry Warcrimes they have to lose tonight so everyone who said something about Iggy being injured gets mad, that's just the law of chaos

Ah, fair.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Did Jordan Clarkson say his job isn't to pass the ball during that Jimmy Kimmel thing

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I seriously hope LeBron just goes off tonight, I wanna see a 70+ point game from him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GobiasIndustries posted:

I seriously hope LeBron just goes off tonight, I wanna see a 70+ point game from him.

Only to have JR Smith steal the ball from him or something in the last few seconds.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I Got 5 On It is a good song

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Only to have JR Smith steal the ball from him or something in the last few seconds.

this would be the most appropriate way to end the game, so yeah.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

sportsgenius86 posted:

I Got 5 On It is a good song

Agreed, but Outkasts first album (Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik) is essentially the same sound and you get more than one song out of the experience

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Did Jordan Clarkson say his job isn't to pass the ball during that Jimmy Kimmel thing

tbf he is a real bad passer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Great thread per usual OP.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

weirdly lebrons scoring wasnt pegged to my post #'s last game so im kinda in an existential crisis go lebron and maybe another cav too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rick posted:

Great thread per usual OP.

Agreed, and I want to know how to make my own photo in 16-bit NBA style.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Silly Burrito posted:

It goes, the DaVinci Code, the recipe to Coca-Cola, the Jordan Rules, then the Crazy Ted picture secret

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

xbilkis posted:

I still laugh whenever I think of that Clarkson meme from the first game. You know the one.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

I would very much like to know how to do this as well

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mdemone posted:

I still laugh whenever I think of that Clarkson meme from the first game. You know the one.

its jordan clarkson time - the score

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

where did the big L go?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

That feeling when you remember Mark Jackson and JVG are going to poo poo up this game again.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hello friends. I will always regret falling asleep in the 3rd quarter of game 1.

And by always regret I mean for another couple weeks.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Generald getting in done.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

warcrimes posted:

That feeling when you remember Mark Jackson and JVG are going to poo poo up this game again.

Turn off the commentary and listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfO9lpbbW_4

Enjoy the game as a dokmo video

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cool to see Romeo Crennel welcomed back to Cleveland

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ghost Dog posted:

weirdly lebrons scoring wasnt pegged to my post #'s last game so im kinda in an existential crisis go lebron and maybe another cav too

It means you need to post more. Double

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This dude has a great voice.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

What a killer voice

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol this dude loving rules

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Also these GDTs absolutely own bones

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

That man on the anthem was gold. My panties were on the floor, for sure.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Jota posted:

It means you need to post more. Double

like the twin peaks of kevin durants head, i take the hardest path

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
drat this anthem is prolly better than the game is gonna be

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
alright brother suckers lets watch some hoop

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Turn off the commentary and listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfO9lpbbW_4

Enjoy the game as a dokmo video

Worth repeating: I'm very happy they are using Squib Cakes by Tower of Power in these pre-game montages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJH0x1CTho

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

alright brother suckers lets watch some hoop

we go watch hoop

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Well done Generald (introduced by Peebles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
ive seen this guy before, golden pipes

• Locked thread