Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:swoon: Last time was fantastic, can't wait to see what people come up with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Good luck everyone!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

24 hours remain! And there's only one thing left to do!
:jiggled::jiggled:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Are you ready for "24 Hours Remain 2: The Unnecessary Sequel"?:

https://twitter.com/awfuljams/status/1024116735115489280

Use it wisely!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I couldn't immediately jump on this unfortunately, but here are my first batch of impressions! Same thing as last time, post your game if you haven't already and I'll try to get to it in order of the posts. Then I'll move onto the others from the site if I have time, until I burn out. Really excited to start!

A gravity artillery game that makes me a little nostalgic for Encarta. It's pretty neat that it's two games in one, and a lot of it works pretty well. It's fairly satisfying and challenging, and I didn't notice much bugs or anything like that. I'm really glad there was a little guide arrow so bonus points for that. I do think there's a lot that would've improved it: better feedback (especially when launching a craft, just kind of pops into existence. Restarting is jumpy and crashing needs some juice), the lander controls are pretty odd and unintuitive, and I think Power in particular needs to feel snappier (and get rid of the decimals). But you could say I liked it:

A pretty brutal but satisfying bullet hell! As a whole I like the visual design, and I particularly like the sound effects. Not a lot in the ol' negative column here. It's probably good that I wanted more but I wanted more, and the difficulty seemed like it needed some leveling out in the middle. Oh, I'm also not quite sure how the gameplay and theme fits together, but that concern is always very secondary in my view.

Opposite day on planet Tyrian. This one didn't quite click with me but I have a feeling the programming was pretty impressive. It would've benefited from easing the player into the mechanics. Also, it was easy to get overwhelmed and then have no real way of trying to figure out what went wrong without just restarting the whole thing. But overall, a neat idea and it's pretty cool seeing all the junk fly around all at once.

Where the Blood(borne) Red Fern Grows! A lot to like about this one! It's a funny idea played mostly seriously, pretty satisfying to play, some good choice in graphics and music, and there's a fair bit of references to the gameplay inspiration (aka stealing). It's a little janky at times and there could probably be a little more variety but that's okay. Nice job!

There's a way to skip across the lake and also a pretty safe zone at the boss area.

Air Bud-esque VN with a few minigames. Congrats on casting off that Wall of Shame stigma! A quick one, good for a chuckle and strangely endearing.

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Katana 2 by anotherthingnamedcolbert
Daikawannabe! Surprisingly fun, and I love that soundtrack! It's like a little strange time machine. Quite a few "uh oh" moments if you take things too fast, which is exciting. It does probably get away with a lot because its source is so infamous. The sword is bad which is funny but it is kind of a shame its useless. Guards and other actors should be more than just scarecrows, and unfortunately the last level highlights that too much. But I had a good time!

Dieting Hippo posted:

Jamflix and Chill will run next week from Tuesday-Friday with half hour slots available from 7:30 PM PST to 9:00 PM PST. Come get in on some good fun!
That was so neat last time! Really interesting to hear from the devs and the format probably helps them open up a little compared to a post mortem.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 4, 2018

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Second batch! Only got a few more from in-topic posters which I'll try to get to in the next day or so. Not sure how I'll pick the others so if you've played any particularly good ones I'd like to hear it!

Cute little VN of sorts! I felt like this one was just for me, kinda, in that there were a lot of references to past jams! Quality voice work and pleasant graphics. Short and sweet!

Pachinko meets Mad Libs! Wow, speaking of just for me! I loved the old Story Time with Grampum Peepmpop and this one was chock full of references to Gigg's previous games (many which are top quality and even more which have kickin' soundtracks). Great audio, as usual!, and some surprising visuals. Will keep spoiler-free but another easy recommendation! Required(?) criticism section: I do miss the ramps from the prequel and besides a part which thankfully subverts it the gameplay still feels a bit too chaotically random. Oh, love those classic Giggs post mortem/devlogs btw.

What is says on the tin! Weirdly, as painful as it can be most things seem to gel and there's some nice graphical work. Overall, I think I can say I liked it! That sounds weird as a statement but I promise it makes sense in context in a positive way. There's some, um, interesting mechanical choices but they're all in service of the theme interpretation at least. I think I would've been happier if enemies reset position on leaving a zone though. And, jeez, that ending boss spooked the heck outta me. However, points docked for missing the ring.

Cave Story (starring Luigi) meets... Metroid 2? The spritework is beautiful, it plays nicely... honestly, probably my favorite of your work yet. There's some control oddities and things which I felt kind of needed to be fleshed out (the ending boss, as funny as that is, and possibly some narrative stuff), but whatever. Nice job! Oh, and great job with the Twitter updates, too.

A VN starring geometric shapes. Unfortunately, I'm probably the last person that should judge this type of game! Seemed straightforward (I got a couple endings) and hit a lot of the tropes you'd might expect for a real sequel to a VN. Seemed just fine to me but I think you'd have to hear from somebody more into the quirks and rhythms of the genre!

What happens when you're the detective sent to a town run by absolute animals? You find out! A little hard to control, but it doesn't overstay it's welcome and the atmosphere is good. Nice touch with the sound and speech. Worth a laugh!

Secret of Mana-esque game! A lot of nice choices in this one. It's a bit hard for me to judge how much impact an asset should give, but choice matters. Good job on the handcrafted ones as well (loved the portrait blink, nice touch). Music needed some looping work but that's okay, I liked it. World felt well-lived (if a little small at times) and the narrative was cute. I didn't try it out but super extra bonus points for 2-player support! Overall the game worked well (and looks beautiful in gifs), but I do wish the battle system was more engaged. I would have liked to see wind-up animations, less invisibility boxes on the enemies, and the camera boundary needed to be bigger. Stuff like that. But really it's a nice job overall.

Dieting Hippo posted:

F.U. From Uranus 2 by dietinghippo, chernabog
E.T. if his head was a turret cannon. Probably more frustrating than it should've been, but a nice one to ease into if you want to see the absurd part of Awful Jams. You'll get stuck and confused (cube-shaped world?) but you'll laugh while doing so.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback! I don't have nearly the amount of time this jam but I'm still trying to chug along as I'm able! Next batch coming up.

Dieting Hippo posted:

Jamflix and Chill Schedule
Ooh, really glad I checked in!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:siren:Jamflix and Chill is live!:siren:

InevitableCheese posted:

Will there be a way to watch if we cant make it live? I've got a wedding during my timeslot.
The last one was on YouTube and I'd bet that the Twitch VOD is set to auto-archive for as long as possible.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh, it's up!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Wow, what a couple of weeks. Thankfully I'm back on the jam train with more free time! This should finish up the batch from posters (albeit much later than I wanted to get it out). I'll probably switch the non-poster entries to roughly the order of the Gong Show streams so I can finally watch those.

Oops, sorry that I missed this one, TomR! A sequel to Horse World Online, like Lunar Landar with a grappling hook. A real love it and hate it relationship with this one, it's fun but kinda brutal. I'm torn between suggesting quality of life features (like checkpoints) and just keeping it as it is for the satisfaction of being difficult. I will say that I think the game might rely on its difficulty more than super creative level design, and I'm kind of mixed also on how thruster-heavy it is at the beginning of challenges (rather than using the thrusters to have interesting navigation). Oh, and restart going to menu instead of instantly restarting is kind of odd. But all that said it is probably my favorite TomR game from a gameplay standpoint. It's pretty satisfying to master and despite a lot of "what ifs" there <i>is</i> some good level design like easing you into angles while providing enough early challenge that it's not tedious when you have to restart. And it's really challenging in a "play it a few times" way, not a "hope you've mastered this genre" kind of way. Give it a shot!

Electric football, only with the Air Bud 3 (meaning the <i>other</i> football)! I wanted to love this one so bad! It's got a great intro, a ridiculous theme-tying premise, lovely VO (bonus points for the multiple reads on the names)! Unfortunately on the gameplay side, while the game is completable, it still really feels like it's falling apart as you're playing it ("Penalty kick! Penalty kick! Penalty kick! Penalty kick!"). But for all it's flaws the sheer straight-faced wackiness is worth a quick run through!

Slam Fighter III, with real-time movement! Another one I really liked! It plays well and there's a good amount of challenge to it (thanks in part to, if you listened to the Jam and Chill, adaptive difficulty and an interesting deck-based AI system). Characters also feel fairly unique, everything from aerial acrobats to combo masters. The graphics are weirdly fitting and the sound is great (seriously, watch the Jam and Chill for details why!). This game also had the benefit of being played in front of somebody who asked if it had multiplayer, so I can tell it's a hit just to watch. Really nice job!

Super short Interactive Fiction. I can see why this was disqualified, but it's still cool to give the jam thing an attempt. Is the engine original? It's somewhat buggy (hard to tell if it's read a click on buttons that require two inputs for instance. Also, should probably let Open/Close work on the door) but it looks functional! I hope you can return next time!

Space Harrier (or is it 3-D WorldRunner?) with a The Neverending Story skin that strangely meshes well! Another good one in the bizarre category that has an interesting aesthetic that you just have to experience. It feels like a fair bit of work went into it even if it's charmingly jank. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite get over the odd spatiality of the gameplay or the feeling that enemy placement was lacking that human touch. There's a lot of levels which is a plus but it feels like it goes on for too long and is too procedurally made when it should highlight its various strengths instead. If you love rail shooter-type games, give it a shot on the Boss mode which I think is the best part.

Roguelike sequel to jam game 1937! I had quite a bit of fun with this one! It was simple but felt complete, and it did a good job on making it feel as though I started as a paper airplane but eventually became Death with wings. For the most part it felt possible to retreat, although I thought it was long enough it probably would've benefited from a save system. Near the beginning seemed a bit grindy to me, and it felt like too much luck trying to get parts when battling fuel/health I think (maybe needed better passive cash?), but thankfully it clicked after a couple bad tries. Besides that I thought the challenge felt pretty good! There were some other issues I could bring up (sometimes lag during the turn ending made it difficult to know when control returned, kind of relied on using the map and the direction was a bit weird spatially), but all in all a really nice job!

:911: :japan:

Nice! Loved the idea of the horribly complex/three-dimensional recreation of the first game that fell apart because, quote, "[Game Maker's 3D is] hot trash in a fart prison." As for the rest, the amount of thought that went into this one is (once again) truly staggering! I caught many of these reference but missed a lot, too, especially specific things about the audio like the included samples so I'm glad I got to read this!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Here's my next batch, should cover all of Day 1 of the Gong Show. These will be quicker than the impressions from posters' games. I'm unsure when I can get back to the rest, but doing so is the plan anyway.

Um... I think I'm going to need a postmortem on that one.

Exodus by Solid Hinken
Touch-based asteroid dodging game. Everything was functional here but it needed some more oomph, some sense of difficulty and progression. Super quick one but I could see it turned into a phone store game. Graphics looked rather pleasant!

The King's Descent by Wallriver
Chess-based DRoD-like game. Kind of neat but unfortunately it ended before it could really open up the mechanics. Bonus points for a tutorial but the UI needed a lot of work such as when ending a turn. Restarting erasing progress and having two separate paths that weren't different enough hurt this. But kind of interesting! I would have liked to see it fleshed out.

Frogger 2: The Froggening by Team Pork-chop Express
What it says on the tin! Not the most complex game but good for a laugh! I think mechanically I prefer Team Pork-chop Express's last game (it's more ambitious) but this one succeeds the most on knowing what it set out to do and sticking the landing, which shows growth I'd say. Not a huge investment so give it a go.

Honk 3D by Midoski
Oops, didn't know there was a multiplayer game this year! Unlike a couple games in the past I think it's fair the pressure be off of me because it's not like I temporarily skipped it or anything, I just didn't know about its existence (nothing in the thread or on Twitter). I'll have to pay particular attention when I catch it on the Gong Show.

Yosemite Birding: Birds Gone Wild! by Gunzil
:popeye: Well, it might not be as ambitious as its predecessor unfortunately (though choice was a nice touch) but it certain hits the theme well. I won't spoil anymore but I'm guessing it was a good Gong Show entry so go stream it.

302 by Adam Beedle
2D somewhat Souls-like game. Oh yeah, I remember seeing this one throughout the month on Twitter! Not bad for a first-time jam game. I would've rather it focused on the combat (working with the animation system) as it was pretty fetch quest-y and too self-critical for no reason but I feel it's something to be proud of!

Alice In Wonderland 3: Balice In Wonderland by nightrestraint
Alice in Wonderland sequel side-scrolling shooter. :lsd: Is...is this what LSD feels like? I think it's obvious a lot of work went into this one. But, man, that gameplay. I really felt like I wasn't getting better at anything and had more luck just holding forward the whole time. Definitely one of the stranger, trippier games but I can only really recommend it for that.

Lake Hylia Bombchu Fishing by genospikey
Ocarina of Time fishing with explosions. Here's another one I desperately wanted to like! And there's some cool ideas like fighting bosses and finding secrets, and actually once you deal with the jank it is a bit fun. But the controls need so much work it just makes everything too frustrating. Even though there's a target casting never works right, it's annoying to tell when the rod resets, the boat is too boaty, and the enemies are too finicky (like slowly facing you when you need to be really exact with targeting them). There's even a "find all the hidden things" mode and I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible with how everything works. But if you just mess around with it for a bit there's still some enjoyable parts to it.

Plants Vs Zombies Vs Predator by cyrusposting
RTS where you place units to not only attack but brighten areas to see. I thought this was pretty decent especially considering it was done in just 10 days. The gameplay was often hectic and challenging. It would've benefited from some quality of life stuff (can't move with ASDF?) and some balancing but I had fun.

The Frog Made of Jam 2 by CutieVirus
A procedurally generated infinite runner (without the running part). Not much there, I got to level 12 but you see everything within the first level or two. It's functional and kind of cute, and there's some nice touches like with the lifebar and when you die. Would also make an okay phone game with some work. It's totally fine!

Clive Sturridge's Battle Defense Legacy Collection by alligator, sponge
Four unnecessary sequels of a ZX Spectrum tower-defense game! I knew as soon as I saw the jam page's banner that is was by the alligator (who did Molasses!, last jam's Best of Theme). Really hit the theme well and the game was fun to play (maybe a bit easy, but that's alright). I'm blanking on what else to say, but what else is there to? Very nice job! :golfclap:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Here's the rest of the batch from Day 2! Surprised I got to them so quickly really. Only roughly one Gong Show day worth of jams left!

Bounce the Raccoon by Logan
Sonic-esque platformer with bouncing! Ooh, strong start to the day! Really love the Yoshi Islandish (or was it Kirbish?) graphics and the main character is darling. The gameplay has a lot of interesting mechanics to it such as multi-bouncing, bouncing at angles to ricochet off ramps, a type of charge (as well as a better version that works if you pick up enough speed), downward slamming (along with other enemy/block moves), the ability to uncurl or curl at will. Stuff like that that makes it feel different than a "standard" jam platformer. Also it has a bunch of modes tacked onto it which kind of shows how it could specialize if it was built out more! There's some control issues (the standard controls are a little baffling, and in particular it seems easy to get "unglued" when on ramps or hills and have a jump eaten which feels bad) but here's a strong entry!
[I had an screenshot here but it bounced away, sorry]

Basketball 2 by Some Brothers Studio
Turn-based basketball! I think I had some trouble understanding this one? It seemed very back and forth and neither team had any luck doing turnovers which kind of killed the strategy part of it. I ended up losing because of a tie. Everything else worked fine! I loved the squeaky turn sounds in particular. I guess I'll have to watch the jam for this one!

Stay Home by Bleak Grey
A Gone Home-like game about (I'm guessing) depression. This was okay. It didn't totally hit for me (which is subjective), probably something about the writing and how the tasks relate, but it had a good art style, nice music, and it was pretty calming. I made extra sure to throw everything off the balcony. Give it a shot if you like walking simulators.

The Last Defender by VStudiosCreations
Defender with powerups! Pretty much what you imagine though it's quite a bit looser and there's particles flying everywhere. Which is pretty juicy, although eventually it gets so that you can't see. You kind of live and die by the powerup drops which can be frustrating though and it's purely wave-based arcade mania. Overall, not bad!

Pong II: Legend of the Ball Paddlers by SupSuper, Raujinn, Vulture Party
Pong with abilities! Short but pretty fun, it was neat to see all the ideas for abilities match with the characters you battle. I felt like it could've built up and had a narrative, or at least been more polished, but what's there is fun. Sometimes you need a quick, easy to get into game and this is one of them!

Aperiology by taqueso, Noyemi K, blastron, Julez
Unfinished simulator game where you make sequels to movies. Interesting, I'd like to read a postmortem with more details for the layperson. Love the UI and music, and the idea sounds interesting.

mionions 2 by TheSchaeff
Arena shooter where you kick mionions off the stage to earn points! It's not horribly complicated (done in 10 days), but it's cute. There's a few enemy types and things can get pretty hectic based on the difficulty. The kick is a little hard to aim and the slow motion is pretty useless (I'm guessing it was more of an experiment) but no big deal. It's a good jam entry if you need to release some built up stress.

Bob PicRoss: The Joy of Painting 2 by goofanader, klades
Color Picross with Bob Ross! I desperately wanted to like this one but as a big Picross fan I noticed a lot of problems. For instance, just adding a color after completing a canvas doesn't automatically make the hints work. If you have to erase it (which you can't!) why not just make it a new puzzle? There's also a lot of having to use "exclusive either" colors on a side (and really early, too!) along with other types of induction which makes markers/erasing desperately needed. There's no hands-on tutorials for beginners and it dumps you into requiring logic tricks that you just aren't introduced to and learn. There's also palette problems where a lot of colors look the same (off-white and white, for instance) and clicking to attach paint is a bit finicky. But program-wise it look pretty solid and it's definitely great visually (like, so charming!), but I can't exactly recommend it for anyone to pick up and play which is a problem for this genre.

N-ET 2 by Gorgi Games
Non-Euclidean puzzle-platformer. Pretty neat but unfortunately way too small. Really needed more to show off the wacky things you can do when you mess with a player's memory and spatiality. It's attractive for what it is though!

ExciteTrike by ApproachingInfinity, DubyahT, JakeGreen3D
Excitebike, with an extra wheel! What a cute idea! It probably doesn't improve upon anything that Excitebike does (in fact, some things like jumping and angling into a ramp are worse, and there's some unfinished junk like no sound and problems with collision) but it's neat and definitely looks like a 3D version of Excitebike. I liked the little ads on the side, too. Bonus points for having a level editor just like most of the original Excitebike non-US cartridge versions have!

Aquaworld 2 by ghost_bros
2D crafting action platformer! This one is kind of interesting! It might suffer a bit from being too ambitious (and it needed a stronger end I think) but it's pretty fun for a bit running around, crafting and trying to mess around with battling. I had some fun drowning humans :yikes: Needed some more focus but it's pretty good!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh, thanks, both of you! Just trying my best so each game gets their time in the limelight. It's not much but I do what I can!

Last batch! Also partway through the Gong Show so I should be finished with that soon as long as I have some free time coming up.

Braveheart 2: Brave Hearter by Rusty Jim
Weird little stealth game! I always appreciate when somebody tries the stealth genre. The models are pretty interesting and the game feels pretty claustrophobic which works well. I would've liked some feedback with the stealth system because it was hard to tell how close I was to being caught. It probably could've eased into the systems and it did feel like it was over rather quick. Still, definitely an interesting one!

Stealy Wheely Automobiley by NNNIKKI
GTA London set in Queen Victoria times. Very, very rough. But that's all right! There are some interesting ideas here even if the execution leaves a lot to be desired (it's a GTA clone, it's a stealth game, its a racing game, etc.). A lot of problems with this one (first game to crash!) but I think the best advice is to just keep on jamming.

YottaPet by HailTheFish
Tomagatchi-like! The basics are there and it can be kind of cute and charming in its own way. There needed to be more to hold attention longer than a few minutes (the only thing you can work for is Potty Training and that's way too slow) but it leaves an impression at least.

Rogue Desperado by sedgr
"A spiritual successor to the NES/Arcade game Gun.Smoke." Sure there's quite a bit of clumsiness (getting stuck on walls, the isometric camera making it hard to aim) and balance problems (no, I don't need another 1/20th health at the expensive of something useful against all this spawning!) but overall I think it's a strong improvement on sedgr's last game! That's always great to see :3:

Choco Trigger - Legacy by lucasrfen
Kind of a stealth-focused shooting game. Kind of pretty, and nice job with the cutscene. The game loop probably didn't quite work out though considering the guards detected you from a long range and it was more worthwhile to just stun and outrun them. There's also some bugs and annoyances (the isometric view, the music doesn't loop, a lack of a way to level select without quitting or even just a way to pause), but it's pretty cool that it has a leaderboard! Pretty neat, apparently this one was a revisited jam game and I can only imagine how it would continue to improve.

City Death Kill 2 by Dog Folder, Makhor
Wave-based Hotline Miami-like! Here's a little gem! While I had some trouble with the controls and balance (skateboard OP), it is really fun slowing down time and diving to survive against waves of goons. I never quite got into the flow of it but I think it showed promise. It also was wrapped up in an interesting aesthetic and at certain times the music melded really well. Not as tactical as I'd like (or, I never figured it out) but it's a good recommendation for a twitchy action game!

Chess 3 by Megafunk
Chess in Unreal Engine 4! I don't know why but I got tripped up by the last one for a minute. Simple, but good for a chuckle!

IIslands of War by jwiggs
Build an island, defeat others, and collect loot in this ship-battling action roguelike! :popeye: Holy crap, this one has 152 comments on its page just right now. I can see why though, it's pretty fun! It's not the most complex of dogfighting or anything, but it feels pretty good when you try a new tactic (or get a new shiny part) and win. There's quite a bit of parts and in fact I was still finding more until I was blown to smithereens. I'm not too into the art or the fact that it's permadeath (it's pretty obvious the enemies just start stacking past what would be likely for you to have at that point) but that's understandable for a jam. I also wonder how much was prebuilt, though, considering it's a sequel to another jam game they did and it's so popular (realtalk, I don't know where it started but there's YouTube videos with tens and hundreds of thousands of views). Definite recommendation!

Hockey 2: The Hockeyning by sillynamerandomnumber
A hockey-themed mini-golf like game. Pretty simple, but there is an online high score table which is pretty cool. It's a little finicky and crash prone but that's all right. Could've gone in a lot of directions (noticed there was pickups), just needed more development.

The Forest Path by Kangra
A VN with a little minigame at the end of it. I thought the VN part was alright, although it did feel like there wasn't enough narrative content or cohesion for a lot of it. The minigame I had problems with, and despite thinking I won multiple times it still counted as a loss for some reason. Each retry took forever to get through, too. I'm impressed that it's not just a VN, but it's a shame I had to end it like that.

Basketball 2 (er, the other one) by HammerBro, jraido
Kind of a messy, indie NBA Jam (mixed with a little Super Dodge Ball) with spawning traps! This would be a good jam game to throw on at a party, which is doubly a complement because it comes with local 4-player support. It's probably not the most refined or smoothest controlling game as it's kind of easy to freak the game out or to have trouble getting certain controls/tactics to work, but the frantic fun more than makes up for that. If you want to make a nigh-3-point dunk while on fire (not the good kind) and while barely dodging a boulder that's wreaking havoc across the court, this is the game for you.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Honestly it's a pretty easy trap to overscope or to ruin a jam game worse by trying to shove minigames into it at the end just because its lacking content. It really sounds like you didn't make any bad decision in particular, it just didn't come together. And I wouldn't have bet that was anyone's first jam game so you should be fairly happy about the result!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Thanks for the response and post mortems! Also, I'm totally biased and do give more time to posters' games (as long as there's a "submission" post), so remember that when you all join the next jam :D

Binged and all caught up with the Gong Shows and Jamflixes, too! Just made it!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Er, I don't know why it wasn't announced anywhere but apparently the judging stream already happened and the results are up, too! I'm going to wait until a bit later to watch it, but preemptive congratulations to all the winners and participants! I'm sure you either deserved it or did not deserve it, depending on the outcome.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Yeah, but not even on Twitter or the upload to YouTube yet? Guess it was a Discord thing only.

Another point of interest is that JonTerp mentioned at the end of the stream there might not be a Winter jam but if there isn't something might replace it. And of course there's the Octojam (sometimes there's a non-Games thread iirc)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh, I mostly meant announcing the stream in the first place, I already caught the VOD a little bit after I had posted. I can't say I'm not bummed about there not being a winter Awful Jam but I totally get it, I'm super thankful for all the work you (and the other regulars!) put in every jam!

• Locked thread