Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

AlternateAccount posted:

Gildan owns American Apparel now.

That explains why the last Gildan shirt I came across wasn't hot garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXHSbIS2lLs

Watched the first minute of the WAN show and I am going to assume that Dr. Ian Cutress is going to LTT based on their little 'depends on where he's going, maybe burger king?' comment.

Edit: Confirmed at the end of the show

Double edit: Ok I may have misunderstood it but I still think Luke accidentally confirmed it.

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 19, 2022

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mr.Radar posted:

I'm watching the WAN Show and Luke needed to install an ad blocker to read an article (because the ads were literally covering the entire page) and Linus was visibly consternated and reminded him it's company policy that ad blockers are disallowed on company computers :nallears:

I caught that too... kinda awkward considering they're wearing Adblock shirts.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

power crystals posted:

That's my point, it makes it very transparently obvious it's just damage control and they aren't necessarily concerned about the actual issue just the potential bad press.

Welcome to corporate life.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Some people in this thread act like they have never seen an LTT video before...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

TopiaryX posted:

Honestly, Gamer Nexus kind of gets on my nerves... not sure what it is... just can't watch him...

He's a little too cynical and has the 'holier than thou' IT guy vibe.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Linus really shilling now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slwai2Jhy_A

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I wasn't really paying attention at first so I only clued in when it got to the cheese

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I need to finish watching the video but I'm not sure why he's against re-purposing failed CPUs? It seems like the main issue is that it's overpriced, maybe if it was half the price it would be worth while for him.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Looks like Linus isn't so special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OrYDyhztKg

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I think it's because it's close to white and white is notoriously difficult to colour match. These were machines for business so they were designed to be boring and functional.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I hope Linus is reporting all this LTT supplied labour in his home as personal income...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yep the office we leased for our business was a dentist office. Part of the negotiations were that the landlord would gut it for us and help us turn it into a standard office. It's kinda weird that BusinessMan Linus didn't think to bring that up?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Three Olives posted:

I'd say they desperately need an actual CEO, but a former our supplier was owned by an idiot that grew a small business into multi-million dollar company with hundreds of employees and ran through a series of professional CEOs that he drove off by meddling and micromanaging, I figure Linus would be the same.

I have a cousin who took over his father's business who grew it to a point and then hired an actual CEO. They sold it a few years later for a few hundred million. It would never have happened if they kept management in the family. This isn't even a tech business, it's food so the valuation was probably based on something tangible.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I think he said the super dry stuff will be on the website but the videos will be more high level.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

denereal visease posted:

YouTube tech idiots fandom thread: Intel driver sucked me off?!

Gamers finally willing to sacrifice FPS for something...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It was ill timed because someone is claiming Linus raped and impregnated a 12 year old girl when he was 16 and he's talking about it on the podcast tonight.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It seems totally false given that it was email blasted to as many people as possible and there's no victim/child named.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

What?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Aware posted:

It's Jake isn't it.

Could be his disgruntled painters getting revenge for his whining

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

My wife bought me some LTT shirts and they're great quality, the designs are nice and not a single person has ever recognized the LTT logo. Also, who the gently caress cares if people know I'm a nerd?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

CoolCab posted:

my point was someone coming up to me and saying "oh, I too am a fan of Linus tech tips for YouTube dot com let's start talking about it" or any other product is a fate much worse than death

I was wearing a Formula 1 cap when I was picking up my McDonalds order and the cashier commented about it and we started talking about F1. It was a nice interaction.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is there not even a 1 year warranty on that thing? That's actually horrendous. I would understand not having a 3-10 year warranty because this is his first time producing a backpack. It's hard to predict how things will fail even if you try to produce a quality product, but not even willing to stand behind it for 1 year at that price point is terrible.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I wouldn't even expect a lifetime warranty for this product since it's new and not like anything they've produced before. They really have no idea what the failure rate would be. 1 year is the minimum though and 3 sounds reasonable.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Unless he pays them a half mil a year they're all going to be living in shoe boxes in Vancouver.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

He loves this!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Linus could really benefit from a PR rep I think. He also probably shouldn't tweet.

Edit: He's leaning into the skid:

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 13, 2022

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

forest spirit posted:

Leo Laporte can't help himself and he's like 800, unless he's only grinding at that age because he can't retire

I don't think Linus has shown his penis on air yet though...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

This warranty is worthless, a 3 year warranty would have been better. You still don't know what coverage you're getting with this.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

K8.0 posted:

That zipper callout is sus as hell. Zippers are the kind of thing where there's a huge difference between the best and the worst products, and that statement makes me wary that they know the zippers they've used aren't that great.

Yep, a quality YKK zipper will never give you an issue

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Charles Leclerc posted:

Lmao if 35 is "geriatric" you're a loving moron, sit at the children's table and eat your chicken nuggies.

35 year old pregnant women agree with you...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Linus mentioned on the wan show that he got extremely mad at Denis and Colton because they damaged his bedroom floor while moving his bed so they could repaint his bedroom wall.

This just seems like the cost of doing business when you use your mansion as content for your youtube channel, but hey, that's just me.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I gave in and ordered from Mr Beast because my son is a fan and god drat it the burgers were good. He loved his grilled cheese too.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Notable is that none of these stores allow a way to permanently filter out third party store items.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

He's being lighthearted about the situation but context is key. He said Jay dropped it from an extreme height when it was really only 6 feet up.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Back in the day Steve Jobs would personally blacklist journalists who spoke ill of his products. I think Leo Laporte received that honour.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Also, English isn't a rigid thing, people pronounce things how they want, some of it catches on, some of it doesn't. Both are valid ways to say it.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Wrong Steve. HUB Steve won't gently caress you if you're using a motherboard that overheats when paired with an i7/i9.

HUB Steve won't go near you if you use DLSS or think raytracing is a neat feature.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Linus doxed himself on the wan show tonight and they had to suddenly shut down the whole show. He was logged into Amazon and showed his home address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

K8.0 posted:

I seriously doubt anyone who cared to know where he lives had trouble finding out his home address anyway. People need to stop acting like it's a big deal, if you are a youtuber with over maybe 100k subs and people ever know your real name, your home address is going to be found out by some curious people, and then the worst people are going to make an effort to get it from them and it's all over.

I think part of the problem is that if you make it too easy you're much more likely to get swatted