Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Frankston posted:

I finally got around to watching that long gameplay trailer, holy poo poo this looks amazing and I'm now seriously considering building a new PC rig for it.

I haven't built one since 2011 though so I have no clue what's current.

What’s current now won’t be anywhere near current when this game launches, so best to wait for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Norton the First posted:

There was a whole GOG sidequest in W3.

Games of Gwent?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah can’t wait to find out what that part of the game I will literally never play is like.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

No but to be fair I struggled to get into Witcher 3 and stopped playing.

I kinda hate those type of card games anyway though, as their own thing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

I want to be able to sneak down dark alleys with neon signs and rain and have to watch my back and eat ramen. The rain soaked neon asthetic is played out a bit, but we have yet to have a really good first person game that puts us in that environment.

If you haven’t, take a look at Hard Reset. It’s a pretty good take on that kind of aesthetic, even if the game itself is not the greatest. It’s not awful but definitely a bit janky.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I will mostly use my Skul Gun.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

To be fair, Keymouse and Board is pretty awkward for most things.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Magitek posted:

144fps or instant refund

What are you talking about? According to the Project Scarlett reveal, nobody has ever seen even 120fps before. Let alone 144. Crazy talk.

exquisite tea posted:

The graphics in this game look good but they don't look impossibly good with current PC hardware. The Witcher 3 ran fine at medium-high on my 750 GT back in 2015 so I don't know where the "Cyberpunk 2077 will destroy your PC" sentiment is coming from.

And honestly if the crowds are as... crowded as the previews suggest, really it’ll be your CPU chugging to keep up.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I mean how much graphical processing is the ISS doing :colbert:

None. But don’t ask them how many bitcoins they have. :ssh:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

In vaguely related anime/cyberpunk chat, I watched the recent Alita Battle Angel movie the other day and enjoyed it a lot.

Disclaimer: never seen an actual anime in my life and don’t intend to start.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I also watched and enjoyed the ScarJo Ghost in the Shell movie, without having seen any of those.

:dealwithit:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

No thx.

I will also play this game without having any experience with the source material/tabletop game/whatever the hell it is. Fight me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

atomicpile posted:

In 2077 it might.

Nope. The USB-PS/2 adapter is a device specific adapter (usually for specific models of mice) and doesn’t have the correct pins for any meaningful data transfer from the USB end.

Let alone the rest of it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

What about Bearwave?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

VoLaTiLe posted:

If I can use a sledgehammer its going to be real hard to do my first run as a stealthy corp netrunner

People can’t raise alarms if their skulls are smashed in.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

sebmojo posted:

4 as well, I think?

Yeah 3 and 4 let you put whatever voice onto whatever body. Male/female/zombie. Everyone was represented.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

All I want from Cyberpunk is good writing and a reason to use my cool toys.

I don’t know much about the whole story and setting of cyberpunk but it seems from what I have read is that a good reason to use your cool toys is “because you have them”?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Avalerion posted:

Any reason they wouldn't have he or she it's own checkbox instead of tying that to voice?

Because, realistically, you can identify yourself how you like but how other people (NPCs in this case) perceive you is up to them and sometimes they’ll get it wrong?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Agree that use of mirrors needs to be tightly controlled in level design, or poo poo can tank really fast. There was a test map for Doom 3 that placed two mirrors not exactly facing each other, but at an angle, and it does hilarious things to the frame rate. Even on modern hardware.

Bear in mind that anything in the mirror’s field of view is potentially rendered twice. (From different angles so lighting would need to be redone. RTX would actually potentially lessen this load) Also an engines normal clipping rules for not rendering geometry behind the viewpoint get thrown out the window. Suddenly your render FOV is approaching 360 degrees of coverage as opposed to your standard 90 (or less for a console).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

On the flip side, I 100% prefer first person, especially for shooters, and I am glad for this.

I’ve always preferred first person viewpoints (except for driving but you can go third for that? Seems perfect for me.

I didn’t realise this would make so many people angry tho. :shrug:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I got W3 complete for a similar price.

I played a few hours and stopped. I didn’t like it. Apparently this is heresy.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Probably expecting waaaaaaay too much with that, however.
:sun:

Probably, but come back in 20 pages when someone will be touting this “feature” like it’s been confirmed by devs!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Anyone can have boobs if they're fat enough.

*if they’re pat enough

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I just want to play the cool videogame with the shooting and the hacking and the cybering and the punking.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I’m considering a new GPU (currently on a GTX1070), but aside from that I’ll probably be ok with what I have.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Does anyone have experience with how much of a difference it makes over traditional 60hz?

Everyone I speak to says it's night and day, and a far bigger impact than a resolution increase would give. I'd be in the market for a good 1440/144hz but goddamn the good ones are so expensive :sigh:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

That’s a pretty perfect response.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

itry posted:

Don't force yourself to digest books. That's how you get hemorrhoids.

You say hemorrhoids, I say

Biblio-piles.

:c00lbert:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

goatsestretchgoals posted:

gently caress, go all out and put DLC in the actual game because cyberpunk dystopia. You bought the bullet shield 5000 so Jackie is still alive but he talks poo poo to you. Johnny Mnemonic rescues you from the scrap yard and tells you to pull out your credit card because this city isn’t going to burn itself down without the CityBurninator which is available for a modest price if you look up and left.

And then people can do the ultimate anti-corpo run by not buying the game at all.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol just like use google how are strategy guides even real lol.

To be honest nowadays I’d be tempted by a book over HEY GUYS ITS ME AGAIN HERE WITH ANOTHER VID TODAY ILL BE EXPLAINING HOW TO COMPLETE THE “COLLECT 72 MACGUFFINS” QUEST BUT FIRST A QUICK WORD ABOUT MY SPONSORS

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cactus posted:

Bethesdas reputation is a laughing stock these days because of it, and it's not just them. The next development I expect to see in coming years is the realisation why even declare a release date so far out? Sure, announce the game, build up hype, but only announce the release date when you're 100% sure it's done, like a month out tops.

Go back to the late 90s/Early 00s id software ethos of “When it’s done”. Don’t release a date til it’s gold and locked in.

Sadly businesses and investors don’t really like that approach these days.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Push the switch port only came out like a month ago so I’m sure W3 is approaching Skyrim numbers at this point

After some quick research, In June 2019 the estimate was approx 20 million copies of Witcher 3 sold. There are some revenue figures for CDPR as a whole taking a big bump (28%) in 2019, but that's overall and not just W3 sales. The latest sales figures for Skyrim seem to be 2016 where it had sold "over 30 million copies". So not quite there yet.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Ubisoft open world chat:

I’ve been replaying Watch_Dogs and honestly it doesn’t have any of these issues. There’s loads of the open world that doesn’t really have ~~content~~ splashed around it. And there’s some stuff you can find by exploring and snooping. A lot of the “collectible” type stuff has unique audio/visual stuff (a lot of audio logs and some of the privacy invasion cutscenes are kinda funny). But there’s hardly any game breaking “god loot” tied to any of it. You can unlock a couple of cars and a couple of guns through the progression rewards but it’s nothing better than you can just buy in game.

I’ll probably jump on WD2 when I’m done because I remember that being similarly laid out, and similarly good fun.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cy Ber Punk

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

My philosophy is that if I have to move a free camera in 3D space then I need a mouse. Whether that's attached to my character in 1st person or 3rd person, it doesn't matter: I can't do it with a thumbstick.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

VoLaTiLe posted:

consoles, something I'm doing wrong

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I can totally see why a classification board which likes to go hard against drug use would refuse We Happy Few though. That game is bonkers on drug mechanics and portrayal, even if the overarching theme is “drugs are bad m’kay”.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Pretty ironic if Cyberpunk avoids class systems.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

alex314 posted:

Eh, I don't feel like it's different from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4-9th.

If you're talking about those abbreviations, it's the number followed by the last 2 letters of the word. 1 first, 2 second, 3 third, 4 fourth, 5 fifth, etc etc. It's a consistent rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cactus posted:

When this releases I'm going to do my best to not even go on the internet at all for a bit because everywhere gaming-related will become insufferable. The contrarian types that like to dunk on the latest popular thing will see to that, and whatever inevitable little day-one issues the game may have that will soon get patched out, or whatever percieved culture-war bullshit that can be spun up will get absolutely and relentlessly jumped on in their effort to prove to everyone that they were right, that thing you've been duped into looking forward to for years is poo poo and blah blah blah whatever.

Best way to win that game is not to play at all and just enjoy my Cyberpunk adventure on my own terms. I hope the thread on here doesn't go too much to poo poo but if I'm honest that's... not something I feel I can put too much faith in.

I always do this with new games. As soon as it comes out and I can play I abandon the thread and any other media about it and just play. When Doom Eternal came out I played the crap out of it and the thread had gained like 2000 posts by the time I went back. Makes my experience of a game so much better because it’s purely my experience.