Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My Garden is just full of amnesiatic child soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

just add high quality piss and you can grow anything at any time
____________/

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

It is important to observe the fallow season: let your garden to rest for three years, and care for it one year.

Otherwise is a real trap for young players

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

I'm growing big green grapes.

i somehow accidentally have a grapevine in my back yard, and i am literally growing big green grapes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hell Yeah posted:

i somehow accidentally have a grapevine in my back yard, and i am literally growing big green grapes.
Hell Yeah

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Mostly just hogweed and kudzu. Just don't get the sap on your hands because it reacts with sunlight and gives you chemical burns.

As a joke you can tell your friends that hogweed sap has natural SPF properties then laugh as they literally go blind

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

935 posted:

Mostly just hogweed and kudzu. Just don't get the sap on your hands because it reacts with sunlight and gives you chemical burns.

As a joke you can tell your friends that hogweed sap has natural SPF properties then laugh as they literally go blind

that’s a good prank

Woden
May 6, 2006
The kale is going strong so I'm going to plant some more, can never have too much kale.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I like growing those peppers that look like tiny dicks.
https://i.imgur.com/nYQqA6P.jpg?2

They taste good enough but it is fun to leave a bag of them at work for others to take.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What is big green grapes
My grapes are small dark and tangy. If you try to eat them with any green on them you'll barf. Like chewing the grossest part of a forest or something. Tastes like the way a herbaceous poison vine smells (not poison ivy the kind that just makes you sick if you eat it and smells real gross anyway)

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Hogweed is horrifying

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
If you till it right
You can get it tight

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I've got a garden full of dickweed.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Have you seen my erect cock? There is your garden right there bitch.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Sorry I left my microscope at the lab lol.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
when i was a child my parents bought me a venus fly trap. it died because it poked too many of the traps.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
You live in a lab, lol at this nerd.

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

EorayMel posted:

Ferns are good and cool plants.

:unsmith:

Ferns only look cool when they're not loving themselves, which is all the time because the fern is the gross hairy spittoon jug masturbator of the plant world:

Angiosperms 4 life. Ferns go to hell

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
if i buy a venus fly trap, how can i love it so it wont die

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
it's winter here only a madman would attempt a grow at this time of year are you a madman op??

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*throws poop all over the place, is helping somehow*

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
A friggin bug bit me today. In my own garden :mad:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Marlboro for Cats posted:

Ferns only look cool when they're not loving themselves, which is all the time because the fern is the gross hairy spittoon jug masturbator of the plant world:

Angiosperms 4 life. Ferns go to hell

ferns are rad u rear end in a top hat! mine are up to my armpits already this year, and are gradually spreading to consume everything they can get to. they're outcompeting grass.

Caganer posted:

if i buy a venus fly trap, how can i love it so it wont die

it's a bog plant, so you need to keep it in bog conditions, possibly your pants?
if you don't want to do that I would used distilled or rainwater on them. Tap water is wildy different based on where you are and it might be to mineral-y. They need bog style soil and I guess light I dunno

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I have a bunch of seven foot tall gothic black flowers growing in the front garden like this:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

RaceBannon posted:

I have a bunch of seven foot tall gothic black flowers growing in the front garden like this:

Those are really cool. It's like someone tossed a bunch of empty chocolate bonbon wrappers into your garden and they stuck

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Some peppers tomatoes and cucumbers right now. Have a little pot with various spices coming up. Growing them using hemp sacks as pots, sometime we will build a raised bed to plant way more. Maybe next year

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

SniperWoreConverse posted:

ferns are rad u rear end in a top hat! mine are up to my armpits already this year, and are gradually spreading to consume everything they can get to. they're outcompeting grass.

it's a bog plant, so you need to keep it in bog conditions, possibly your pants?
if you don't want to do that I would used distilled or rainwater on them. Tap water is wildy different based on where you are and it might be to mineral-y. They need bog style soil and I guess light I dunno

is a bog like a swamp cause i have swamp rear end :(

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

Those are really cool. It's like someone tossed a bunch of empty chocolate bonbon wrappers into your garden and they stuck

Waiting for some of these to sprout as well:

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Carrots are loving the earth. a
permanent erection, they push deeper
into the dark damp and dark.
all summer long
they try so hard to please
was it good for you,
was it good?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Hell Yeah posted:

I have accidental blackberry, honeysuckle, and an avocado tree growing in my backyard. I vaguely remember throwing an avocado seed into the bushes a long time ago so that's probably where that came from and the rest probably came from bird poo poo. The honeysuckle is really nice and bumblebees seem to really like it but it's starting to take over. The avocado tree is taking forever to grow, they're really slow growers, but it's healthy and I don't have to water it or anything.

I also had a pumpkin pop up out of nowhere one year that probably came from a Jack-o-lantern I carved the previous Halloween.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I have accidental blackberry, honeysuckle, and an avocado tree growing in my backyard. I vaguely remember throwing an avocado seed into the bushes a long time ago so that's probably where that came from and the rest probably came from bird poo poo. The honeysuckle is really nice and bumblebees seem to really like it but it's starting to take over. The avocado tree is taking forever to grow, they're really slow growers, but it's healthy and I don't have to water it or anything.

I also had a pumpkin pop up out of nowhere one year that probably came from a Jack-o-lantern I carved the previous Halloween.

Your backyard sounds like what I want mine to be. I throw so many seeds and jack-o-lanterns and other stuff out there with the hope that something will grow but the only thing i've had luck with is just what the birds poo poo out from the bird feeder

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

RaceBannon posted:

Your backyard sounds like what I want mine to be. I throw so many seeds and jack-o-lanterns and other stuff out there with the hope that something will grow but the only thing i've had luck with is just what the birds poo poo out from the bird feeder

If you live in a hot climate grow lots of ground cover plants. I have a lot of creeping virginia and other vining low cover plants. Shade trees help as well. If you want to grow healthy plants you need a lot of other healthy plants around them because they promote a good soil ecosystem. They also help keep moisture in the soil. You can't just throw a seed out into some dry dirt baked by the sun and expect it to grow. Use organic fertilizers and make compost tea to help improve the soil biology.

There's a lot of cool new research being done about soil science and how we've been doing it all wrong these years with chemical fertilizers and pesticides.

This is a good video if you want to learn more about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzthQyMaQaQ

It's actually pretty interesting.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

RaceBannon posted:

those look like single hollyhocks

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i had a garden at my old house before i moved out and i was growing a bunch of tomatoes and cucumbers and i hope the next guy that moved in enjoyed them instead of mowing over them like a retard or something

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
As I was tilling the soil a small brown bird hopped around in eager anticipation of the worms I would uncover, I was happy as I had clearly made a new friend in the avian community.

I didn't uncover any worms however and then it looked at me for ages and I knew it was thinking about pecking my juicy eyes out and now I am deathly scared of it. I fear that one day I will be innocently mowing the lawn and the evil son of a bitch will swoop down and gouge my peeper out.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

gonna plant some of this in the GBS garden, it looks pretty cool and should be fine

irl tho my apricot tree fruited like mad this year and the fruits are super ripe now and they are extremely large for apricots and delicious :cool:

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

gonna plant some of this in the GBS garden, it looks pretty cool and should be fine

irl tho my apricot tree fruited like mad this year and the fruits are super ripe now and they are extremely large for apricots and delicious :cool:
So jealous. I've never had ripe apricots.

Deffo plant more of that cool big carrotty plant. Looks wild.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lacey posted:

Deffo plant more of that cool big carrotty plant. Looks wild.

it is an invasive weed that will severely blister your skin on contact and make it severely photosensitive (i.e. the sun will give you terrible blisters on the contact site) for years to come, perfect for the GBS garden

My mom planted this tree about 24 years ago, started fruiting about 13-14 years ago, successfully fruits once every 2-3 years usually (generally it will open its flowers the night of a major freeze the other years, because NM weather is loving stupid rapid-changing high desert poo poo). When it does fruit its yield is loving massive.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

it is an invasive weed that will severely blister your skin on contact and make it severely photosensitive (i.e. the sun will give you terrible blisters on the contact site) for years to come, perfect for the GBS garden

Yeah it's hogweed right? Looks like wild carrot aka queen anne's lace? I was making dad puns...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

caw, I'm a crow :smugbird:

• Locked thread