Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hell fuckin ya get me into this again sign me up to make the knicks more miserable as a roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh jeeze my Kings roster had no bench and two starters destroyed their knees. At least Dipo and Embiid could maybe play for the 8th seed in the west.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I thought the Bulls were really good but the Wizards were definitely my favorite.

Kemba - Khris MIddleton - Durant - Barnes - Gortat

His bench was rear end but that was probably the best starting five next to my team or the Bulls. Pelicans had a really solid roster and surprisingly the Cavs starting five would probably have done better than this years Cavs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If any of you fucks saves all 300 for the last day and builds a team out of the remaining stars I'm shaming you

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
2k ratings don't take into account my clever assemblage of athletes based on name recognition

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Really lucrative day 1 I hope I win all

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Theoretically could I bid a dollar on every player possible every day and build a team of like 60 something guys?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

You have to release players if you go over the roster limit, and you don't get that money back.

Theoretically can we change those stupid loving rules I want my 60 man squad

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
every player gets 40 seconds on the court

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bimble of all people is holding this up??

THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING THE DRAFT THREAD IS OVER

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
HERE WE GO

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Atlanta Hawks (Panzeh) have signed Miles Plumlee for $2.

Shut it down, we have the biggest overbid on day 1

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The New York Knicks (Doltos) have signed Kyle Singler for $1.

YES

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Doltos you cant call Miles Plumlee an overpay at $2 and then pay Kyle Singler to play on your team.

I understand the hypocrisy, I do

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
DC using a sixth of his budget on a six man :discourse:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Metapod ignoring a native son smh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lockback waited a whole year to take a swing at the king

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

china klay posted:

538 LOVES Lonzo.

Lonzo is really good. He's smart, plays good defense, super athletic, plus rebounder for his position, and an elite passer. That would keep him in the league for years despite his poo poo rear end shooting.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Perfect username/draft selection combo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Drunk Canuck posted:

I CHANGED MY MIND I NEVER WANTED GASOL

Great you're cosplaying Trump this year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Frustrated posted:

Happy to have stolen Gasol, if that's the price for Milsap I'm probably done for the night.

Two Gasols are equal to a Millsap and Dante Cunningham

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How much did Fultz and Tatum go for last year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Predicting Brooklyn blowing the last 212 dollars on Thompson and Gobert to field a pretty decent team

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
112 not bad for the reigning DPOY

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
WHY DIDNT I BID 150 ON GIANNIS

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Panzeh posted:

I don't think Giannis is actually worth anywhere near that.

He's probably the most valuable asset in the NBA at the moment and is completely worth a little over a third of a teams cap space

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

What does a hypothetical good Giannis team need?

A Khris MIddleton 3/d type
A pg who can really shoot, passing and slashing not so important because Giannis makes everyone's slashing/cutting easier
A rim protecting rebounding center who sets good screens and can roll if you really need him to
A small forward with long arms who's happy shooting and getting around hard close outs, playing defense. Don't need a creator really.

In terms of salary corst, spreading of the offense initiation to your nominal 4 is a bit less helpful than it seems, just lets you get a discount pg and a less defensively-rangy center/sf (pick one) I think

I think it can be done cost effectively, but you've got to be craafty

Since we all know the strategy you could easily fill out an elite team with $177 by waiting til the last day

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bloach posted:

He definitely isn't the most valuable. I get what you're trying to say tho. You're taking age into account but this one season at play. I do believe he's worth a little over a third of the cap tho since we have a hard cap like the nba. what he has is in this league is almost identical to a max deal percentage.

The deal of day 1 is Lonzo at 20 bucks.

Well yeah obviously he's not as good as Durant or Lebron right now but he is the NBA's most valuable asset. He's young and superhuman. Every coach wants to coach him. He's on an incredibly friendly contract for the next three years. You gotta consider those points when rating a team at the end of this.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not even bothering with today, no chance I get anyone

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Someone bought Bebe for 39 bucks last year and some people acted like it was a good buy

We should have a comparison between the previous years bids and this years bids at the end of all this.

AnacondaHL posted:

oh yea also last night I was bored so I looked up hex color codes for all the NBA teams and applied accordingly

I vote only we get to edit our names but I'll allow Dol[an]tos to remain.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
clenching my butt

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
:siren: it begins :siren:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
drat it I was really hoping someone half looked and bid a ton on little alphabet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm happy I've won none of these bids so far

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Punkin Spunkin posted:

lol drat dude
Well at least it's not Joffrey lauvergne

Never forget

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Schroder - Augustin - Gasol - Gasol - Randolph is still better than my roster since it's just Kyle Singler

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Harlock posted:

Lol I'm never going to get anyone when yall are bidding 2x multiples of my bids

I hope 30 bucks is good enough for Anthony Davis

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I reckon 3 max deals is around 85ish% of a teams salary cap depending on who you're signing so that's about $85 per star in our system. You have to ask yourself when bidding if a player is worth a third or a half or a fourth or whatever of a star player.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Frustrated posted:

I really am about to spend my whole budget

You're surprisingly still at like 125 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
These escalating bids... what the hell did people bid for Kyrie?

• Locked thread