Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

infernal machines posted:

*manager of web developers

**by virtue of having the money to back a project

no, he was in fact a web developer back in 1999 or so at the pre-paypal company. also a graphic designer

fun fact: when elon musk bought the x.com domain back from paypal for several million dollars a few years ago, he had the site set so that old versions of x.com no longer show up on archive.org

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

lmao most expensive loving tweet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Whoops

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
that was quick :sigh:

they should at least have made it 420 million

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

what is BO insurance

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Luigi Thirty posted:

what is BO insurance

a miserable pile of aluminium chlorohydrate

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Luigi Thirty posted:

what is BO insurance

its deodorant op

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

the toxic part is when, instead of retiring to the countryside to build guitars, you keep hammering away at your billion dollar companies because you've hosed your brain so hard that making money is your only remaining passion

if musk cared about making money he wouldn't be in this mess. he cares about being worshipped as the cool genius saving mankind. same reason he insists he's the only person capable of managing tesla, same reason he takes advice from twitter fanboys on a whim, then calls someone a pedo for upstaging him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

did you know that he has a pilot's license?

and an instrument rating and AMEL, to boot. he should get a seaplane rating, buy an old flying boat, restore it beautifully inside like a 6-star hotel room, and spend the rest of his life flying to from lake geneva to marseille to lisbon to the azores to the hudson river to muskoka to who the gently caress cares where, just being that billionaire with his flying boat like Hadden from Contact.

christ

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgMCNXzNtE

elon musk? or selfish little man who puts his own ego before the lives of others?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
or pull a harrison ford and fly around landing on taxiways

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

it doesn't matter if tesla has d&o insurance. part of the settlement is he has to pay it 100% from his own pocket, cannot use any insurance to reimburse, cannot be indemnified by any company, and cannot deduct any portion of the $20m on any type of taxes.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it matters when there's multiple shareholder lawsuits in the wings

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i love that we live in a country with such a hosed-up toothless tax code that the government has to specify "you aren't allowed to count this criminal penalty we've assessed on you towards the taxes you also owe us"

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Lord Stimperor posted:

"What is the greatest lie every created? What is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? Slavery? The Holocaust? Dictatorship? No. It's the tool with which all that wickedness is built: altruism. Whenever anyone wants others to do their work, they call upon their altruism. Never mind your own needs, they say, think of the needs of... of whoever. The state. The poor. Of the army, of the king, of God! The list goes on and on. How many catastrophes were launched with the words "think of yourself"? It's the "king and country" crowd who light the torch of destruction. It is this great inversion, this ancient lie, which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure."

citation, please

e: sounds like George Carlin, after a second read

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PyPy posted:

citation, please

a video game character who was the randian archetype

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jabor posted:

or pull a harrison ford and fly around landing on taxiways

or pull a harrison ford and crash his plane

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i liked that one about the congresscritter who landed on a closed runway and narrowly avoided killing people working on the runway

tesla is going to go bankrupt and either disappear or get bought out, it's just a question of when

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tesla as a company is less than worthless

tesla as a patent portfolio is probably not worth much

tesla as a brand may be worth something, assuming they stop shipping model 3s before the massive level of defects tank their name

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Broken Machine posted:

i liked that one about the congresscritter who landed on a closed runway and narrowly avoided killing people working on the runway

tesla is going to go bankrupt and either disappear or get bought out, it's just a question of when

and by whom

my money is still on General Motors because they’re making Old Detroit quality vehicles

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
im guessing tata.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
maybe Foxconn

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sheinhardt wig co.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
in a last stab from near the grave, Radio Shack buy's Tesla and implements a new offer where buy a tesla and get a matching android cell phone case free

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

They're still going to own the hell out of musk since the settlement doesn't preclude anything

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Foo posted:

They're still going to own the hell out of musk since the settlement doesn't preclude anything

wouldnt they have to have a reason to continue investigating him or is that mentioned in the settlement somewhere, i know they said it doesnt absolve him from double jeopardy and a few other things.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anime was right posted:

wouldnt they have to have a reason to continue investigating him or is that mentioned in the settlement somewhere, i know they said it doesnt absolve him from double jeopardy and a few other things.

Well I'm assuming/hoping he's still going to end up prosecuted

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

President Beep posted:

sheinhardt wig co.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

PyPy posted:

citation, please

Actually Andrew Ryan, evil crazy capitalist from Bioshock.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

sheinhardt wig co.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Why the gently caress would the SEC settle this case and not drag this shithead into the courts... loving 20 mio fine.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
fine secured 4 20 million

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Triglav posted:

:secsmug:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Triglav posted:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Triglav posted:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Triglav posted:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Triglav posted:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Y'all are bummed because there's not gonna be a Elon poo poo show meltadown trial. While that would be funny, I choose to look on the bright side: Dude had a $20 million Twitter meltdown.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

we've still got the libel trial and the doj investigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

isn’t he still in trouble wrt tweeting about taking away stock options or w/e from pro union employees too?