Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I want to emphasize this again. elon musk is the biggest loving loser in the world.

there is no comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
jfc

https://twitter.com/randalllane/status/1280842361346633728

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
watching these idiots crash and burn because they are absolute babes in the woods in terms of politics is never not funny

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

watching these idiots crash and burn because they are absolute babes in the woods in terms of politics is never not funny

didn't bloomberg waste like 600 million dollars

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

didn't bloomberg waste like 600 million dollars

i'm sure he thinks that it helped knock bernie out of the running and was thus a good investment

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."
wanna see them ye-musk dms

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
finally

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1280881710259826689

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sagebrush posted:

i'm sure he thinks that it helped knock bernie out of the running and was thus a good investment

yeah, he clearly was there for one reason and it sure wasnt to get the nomination

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

infernal machines posted:

in Kanye's case it is more untreated bipolar disorder than political naivety. dude is sick as hell but surrounded by predatory grifters that keep him from treatment and amplify his manic episodes because they want fame and money.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i like how they admitted to being impaired

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Nfcknblvbl posted:

they bought a tesla so no point in denying it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I think they meant "stunned", english is clearly not their first language

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Not a Children posted:

I think they meant "stunned", english is clearly not their first language

you're probably right about the misspelling but i think it's more about them being illiterate because they're from texas

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I like “what if it had hit a person, or a child?”

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

drat stunned makes more sense but going by their spelling I have no idea if they're higher than I've ever been or English isn't their first language. Or Texas.

https://twitter.com/HoonE122/status/1280694013650104320?s=20

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cerv posted:

I like “what if it had hit a person, or a child?”

children aren't really people. that's why we don't grant them civil rights.

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
also why we give them serial numbers instead of people names

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

children aren't really people. that's why we don't grant them civil rights.
you forgot to log in your nyc shoe alt

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shifty Pony posted:

in Kanye's case it is more untreated bipolar disorder than political naivety. dude is sick as hell but surrounded by predatory grifters that keep him from treatment and amplify his manic episodes because they want fame and money.

is that actually a thing/rumour? I mean it would make a lot of sense what with the weird religion bandwagonning and maga cult poo poo

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
he talked about it p openly on that letterman netflix show.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

BoeR: Automata - but the trusty and safety!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/beeeaanz/status/1281001263451299840

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

can that whole picture just be made the thread title?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I can guarantee this is not happening this year or by 2025

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1281159227973738496?s=20

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MomJeans420 posted:

I mean, do the levels specify a maximum amount of collateral damage permissible?

Checkmate, athiests!

:smuggo:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MomJeans420 posted:

gently caress it. just keep saying it who loving cares

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MomJeans420 posted:

remember how very close they were in 2015? and again in 2018? level 5 autonomy (or anything above level 3 really) is the 21st century's fusion

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

mux said last week that they're going to push out an autopilot rewrite in a couple months. nothing builds confidence like scrapping everything and starting over

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MomJeans420 posted:

time for the monthly pump huh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's kind of amazing that as long as number keeps going up he apparently can't get in trouble for making materially false statements

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

qirex posted:

it's kind of amazing that as long as number keeps going up SEC is instructed to do nothing he apparently can't get in trouble for making materially false statements

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sagebrush posted:

joke’s on him, because the person he actually siphoned votes from was warren, and hardly any of those

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

maybe if there was a group chartered with ensuring fairness and equality in the financial markets, one dedicated to protecting investors from charlatans and frauds.. a sort of commission created after tons of people were ripped of by shady fucks who lied all the time

oh well, we can only dream of such a magnificent beast and its prowess not being hampered by politics

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when tesla's stock finally does crater there's going to be an avalanche of minority shareholder lawsuits though and the sec can't stop those

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

theres gonna be long-rear end hearings with old fucks trying to score points by dunking on whatever SEC administrator happens to be at the helm at the time of the crash, irrespective of their tenure.

it will include "PEOPLE ON MAIN STREET WERE HURT TO PROP UP BILLIONAIRES ON WALL STREET".

there will be references to algorithmic and HFT trading because people cant just accept that the best frauds are the simplest (Wirecard just lying about having money, musk lying continuously about every single thing)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

refleks posted:

maybe if there was a group chartered with ensuring fairness and equality in the financial markets, one dedicated to protecting investors from charlatans and frauds.. a sort of commission created after tons of people were ripped of by shady fucks who lied all the time

oh well, we can only dream of such a magnificent beast and its prowess not being hampered by politics

their mandate is evidently to protect the shareholders, which they accomplish by never doing anything that might adversely affect the share price, including preventing the ceo from making materially false statements about the company. because of course if they were to censure him for that, it would cause the share price to drop and confidence in the company to fall

if at any time they act to prevent musk from lying about tesla, it will without a doubt harm tesla investors, so clearly they can't do that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

something about perverse incentives

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I like to imagine that “last edited by: a moderator” was them putting that in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

is that actually a thing/rumour? I mean it would make a lot of sense what with the weird religion bandwagonning and maga cult poo poo

as someone who worked in the human services field for a decade, imo kanye probably has some kind of health condition that he doesn't always have under control. it's not an insult towards him to say this either, imo it's probably hard as hell on him to have to deal with whatever he has going on. it's also really gross some of the things people say about him