Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Elder Postsman posted:

not even. 8 bags at .75 cu ft, about 14 pounds each so like 112 pounds. it’s nothing.

no those bags do not weigh 14 pounds each lmao. they’re probably fifty each but you could still put them in a hatch because we put them in the focus al the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

0.75 cf bags of that scotts topsoil weigh 15 lbs each. it’s super pathetic to use as a proof of strength

the classic ratio is a cubic foot of topsoil weighs forty pounds. i don’t see weight on your link though i suppose i might have missed it.

there must be a poo poo ton of sphagnum in there to drop the weight so precipitously. i’d wager they might get it down to 20 but i still don’t think it’s 14 pounds lol

it doesn’t matter tho because even if it was fifty a bag it would still be a completely pathetic justification for that hunk of battery powered rust

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dope thanks for pointing it out for my dumb rear end. what a rip lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

it's even more of a ripoff than you think. like >95% of the volume of it is uncompressed sphagnum peat moss and mildly broken down sawdust/woodchip waste, both of which can be purchased in compressed form.

If you buy a single large bag of high-quality compost and a bag of the compressed moss/wood stuff and mix them in a wheelbarrow with a bit of water to decompress the moss, you'll get the same results for 1/4th the price.

yeah that was what i meant, it’s exactly the ripoff i think it is

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i had to dig a bit to get an official read on the weight and came across a lot of angry reviews complaining that this topsoil sucks poo poo and isn’t real topsoil as is traditionally understood lol

so not only is the cybertruckhead a bad car buyer they’re also a bad landscaping supplies buyer, surprising absolutely no one

i mean it’s deceptive marketing but if you look close they aren’t saying it’s topsoil. it’s a topsoil amendment. but they market it like this explicitly because it’s cheap to make and they know people will fall for it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

no embedded ai at scale without tesla lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

absolute peasant brain

lmao they just keen getting dimmer and dumber

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol you can just hear bankston grinding his teeth lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

want me one of those lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao drat they brought it back for $170k

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

like from the drivers POV its a nice Camry

if i had to work in the car a lot i could see it probably. drive around then do poo poo in the back seat lol

back when i still did field work regularly i used to dream about the terranaut becoming reality haha

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

thanks for that, i’m not going to bother. i absolutely do not want more of that gently caress in my life

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well as with all things gotta build the infrastructure first

also i’m actually fine with people owning as many bikes and similar things like mopeds

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao how does this nimrod keep getting worse

also what does supervised mean in this context

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://twitter.com/MCAlexius/status/1777921120651690086

back in my day we simply beat up all the loving homos and queens and anyone who didn’t look like us and we all turned out fine, I say from a jail cell due to my guided tour of the capitol on January 6

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

babysmoke9000 was a transcription error. there wasn't actually an account by that name until a few days ago. the account that's now called that is someone that just changed their name to that because of the deposition.

musk's actual smurf account is babysmurf9000

aw nuts lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Eeyo posted:

just lmao that twitter spaces are a thing

i love phone conferences

seriously it’s like the least attractive thing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

except for Starship. that is 100% Elon's baby, and the results speak for themselves

even then he just hosed it up by walking in to where the real engineers were and insisting on a launch before they were ready

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

in a well actually posted:

before the faa approval, too

no they had approval. they hosed it up and got it revoked by being completely irresponsible and destroying the launch area and causing general environmental mayhem

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

imo that’s a separate issue but still hilariously inept on the part of the manbaby in chief

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

:staredog: https://www.thenation.com/article/society/tesla-racism-sexual-harassment/

this is how the article starts and it doesn't slow down from here

jesus christ

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i’ve only worked a couple but it was mostly classic sexist talk about women “i’d gently caress her” etc. i’m a white guy tho

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i mean i’m confident they’re a fine company to launch satellites and poo poo, maybe the best (idk). but i can also imagine nasa being like ok the increasingly unstable ceo is becoming a national security concern

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

were you out? because i could see that going differently, depending.

probably not in terms of going around talking about it, but i wasn’t closeted either; i don’t generally discuss my personal life at work unless i’m pseudo friends with someone

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Everyone competent left years ago, much like what happened at tesla

if you say so, i wouldn’t know

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Interviewed with SpaceX in the hopes that they'd fly me out to Austin the week of the eclipse. Didn't manage to make it happen but I did learn that poo poo over there is held together with rubber bands, unpaid overtime, and engineers too young/enthusiastic about rockets to say no

tbh that sounds like a lot of tech jobs

imo that’s not quite the same; that doesn’t mean he isn’t a shitstain that sucks value down with him tho

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ahhaahahahaha yessssssssss

https://twitter.com/bankstonatlaw/status/1778814093001896183

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

because they're not ready to take over at a moments notice

this is it

i think most of us would love the option to have real life robot cars for the least fun bits of driving but

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

this was a fun quick little project :)
https://i.imgur.com/Jr1NRLV.mp4

lmaoooo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i can’t decide if she actually has intellectual disabilities or if she has like adhd

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i barely consider switching three lanes at once a mental disability, just a hazard of the road. i knew a girl in high school that just said jesus took care of her when she didn't look when merging

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

in a well actually posted:

mcdonell douglas developed it in the 90s with dc-x (dod / nasa funded). there was also a wave of successful ones in the late 00s while sx was still loving around with parachute recovery

spacex still gets credit for making it happen though. they’re doing some interesting stuff even if starship really feels like musks little rocketman boondoggle

...! posted:

elon batting 0 for 2

haha yesss

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol 'mistakenly' dug too close to the monorail pillars eh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol tesla owners are as poo poo for brains as the ceo

quote:

TESLA owner CALLS POLICE on RIVIAN R1T charging at a Supercharger - Is this future???

DISCLAIMER: I want to clarify that my discussion of this individual's actions is not intended to criticize Tesla, its community, or its owners. Obviously, this individual's behavior is not representative of all Tesla owners. I believe there is a need for better education and communication within the EV community. However, this specific incident highlights an extreme case of entitlement and reflects a broader issue. My hope is that this discussion can lead to a constructive dialogue about the future of EV charging, especially as more non-Teslas gain access to Superchargers.

BACKGROUND: I took delivery of my R1T 10 days ago and went on a weekend trip from LA to San Diego (love everything about my truck, it is a masterpiece of engineering). Since I am impatient and so far down Rivian's list to receive an adapter, I purchased an aftermarket adapter on Amazon. One of the main things that attracted me to EV ownership was experimenting with new technology and involvement with the future of transportation, but what happened yesterday was not on my EV-ownership bingo card.

On my return journey to LA, I decided to stop at the Solano Beach, CA Supercharger to test my adapter. Both the Rivian and Tesla apps indicated that this station was compatible with a NACS DC adapter, and there were several available stalls. Arriving on a fairly busy Sunday afternoon, I aimed to minimize any inconvenience by selecting the furthest stall, 1A. I spent no more than 5 minutes attempting to follow the instructions in the Tesla app as I had a dinner reservation to make on my return home. Despite my efforts, I couldn't get the adapter to work and decided to admit defeat and head to a nearby EVGo charger. It was at this moment that an older gentleman in a Model Y pulled up behind me and stepped out of his vehicle.

What I thought was going to be a discussion about EVs and charging or some helpful tips about charging that I have received from my interactions at other networks, turned south really fast.

He approached me while I was unplugging, demanding to know why I was there and accusing me of blocking two stalls. I tried to explain that Tesla Superchargers are now accessible to Rivians with an adapter. I pointed out that, due to the location of my charging port on the front driver's side and the short length of the cables, I had no choice but to park in a way that blocks 2 stalls. There were two other open stalls he could have used at that time. Unsatisfied with my explanation, he pressed me to reveal where I got the adapter. I told him I purchased it on Amazon and explained Rivian's process of sending out adapters based on VIN, mentioning that I bought an aftermarket one due to my position on the list (my VIN is over 30k). He then criticized me for placing my charging door on the wrong side of the vehicle (as if I had control over where the charge port is). Remaining calm, I explained that I couldn't control the charge port's location or the cable length. I also mentioned that as Tesla opens up the network to other EV automakers that have charge ports in different locations, this issue will persist until longer cables are retrofitted. However, my attempts to steer the conversation towards a constructive dialogue only seemed to aggravate him further.

He then pointed to the red "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only" signs and insisted that it was ILLEGAL for me to be there and that he was CALLING THE POLICE! I was taken aback by his extreme reaction. Perplexed, I finished disconnecting my adapter, got back into my R1T, and left. Fortunately, he didn't try to stop me, but as I drove away, I saw him angrily talking on the phone, presumably to an unfortunate 9-1-1 operator. So much for the stereotype of EV owners being laid-back and friendly lol. I went on my merry way to an EVGo charger in Oceanside without further incident. To say I was taken aback by this interaction would be an understatement.

I'm curious to hear from others who have tried charging their Rivians at Superchargers and if they've encountered similar interactions. I am concerned that we are approaching an era where certain Tesla owners are territorial and wish to gatekeep Superchargers for Teslas only. I do empathize with the concern that opening Superchargers will make the problem of congested stations (especially here in SoCal) worse. I get that it is frustrating for some Tesla owners who may have chosen Tesla and expected that Superchargers will be exclusive to Tesla owners. I also realize that not every Tesla owner buys into Tesla's mission to accelerate the world toward a renewable energy future. I thought I did everything I could to be as courteous as possible. I hope he was just a bad egg with too much time on his hands and an inflated sense of entitlement, but it has soured my outlook for charging at Superchargers in the future for the sake of keeping the peace and the fear of being vandalized if I leave my truck unattended at a charger.

To Tesla owners: Have you received notification from Tesla regarding certain Superchargers being accessible to non-Teslas? Additionally, have you experienced any negativity for charging at any of the non-Tesla networks like EVGo or EA? While I am new to EV ownership, I have seen several Teslas charging without incident at EA and EVGo. Nobody likes to see an ICE vehicle taking up an EV charging stall, but I never imagined this much animosity from another EV driver just because I am in not in a Tesla. Despite my choice of getting a Rivian, I do like Tesla's products--including the Cybertruck, and the deployment of the Supercharging Network is nothing to scoff at.

https://www.rivianownersforum.com/t...loom#post-72469

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao i literally gasped when he showed the pedal

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

instead of push button starts, evs should have one of these

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

"my fisher price robot truck can go off-roading!! look!!"

*drives it on a dirt road*

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

i've driven on worse dirt roads in my jetta.

lol i was thinking the same thing about our focus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

qirex posted:

pre-elon twitter definitely made choices to not rein in bots because it would make number go down

it was a fine balance imo, like sure there were bots but they mostly weren't annoying

pussy in bio never would have happened there lol