Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

um actually he is a hero because paying republicans means they'll let him talk at them while they play solitaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

is that what's actually happening or are they just storing a bunch of cars "in transit" so elon can claim "manufacturing" 10k cars in a week or something

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

when someone mentioned ca's lemon laws, i was seriously wondering if the people who've had their delivered are in states with weaker ones.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it means they're holding them off for sale to meet their fictitious manufacturing claims

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

But won't that absolutely gently caress their margins (or profit per unit, whatever it's called?) if the denominator fills up with unsalables?

it's already negative, so what's a little more negative?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

where's the ipod

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

abolish the death penalty imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

the AI ev thread is full of people going "yeah, so? this is perfectly normal and my company does it all the time"

let me guess: they all work for near-failing startups

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Baxate posted:

do Tesla’s even have the folding front seats like coupes? and if so does it only work with power because if not I’m gonna have to give the safety nod to coupes
yeah, as far as i can tell, none of them have ever actually been in a four seat coupe or van/truck with a third row (except a model s which the rear seats are a deathtrap)

presumably, in yet another concession to tyrannical government overreach, there's a manual release cord in the trunk
yeah, this is required in all cars with a trunk. whoever it is that drives an elise can confirm its trunk has one despite the fact that you can't fit a human larger than a baby in there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/dsgolson/status/1022275751092133888

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

turning off inventory tracking means when the inevitable forced recall comes, they will have to recall 100% of cars manufactured in that timeframe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

i thought you had to provide supply chain records and poo poo to the car regulator people
i don't know that that's true, but even if it is, since when have sv companies given a poo poo about silly things like following the law?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HOW IS THAT NOT A PARODY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

This article is about the Tesla crash caused by Atari video games. For the industry crash caused by Atari video games, see Video game crash of 1983.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toady posted:

ready player one was so bad, mst3k's mike nelson recorded a podcast series dissecting it from beginning to end http://372pages.com

did you keep listening through the series dissecting armada? even they were surprised that it could manage to be worse than rp1

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FMguru posted:

i think i read that theres a point in the novel where even the characters comment on how similar their situation is to the last starfighter

yeah, i've seen it quoted.

the podcast also mentioned a part where it is literally just a list of nerd things that came out by year.

but, at risk of springing a trap: the rp1 movie is not good, but it is *vastly* better than the book.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

tbh, unless you actually read about elon, on the surface his endeavors seem noble. electric cars, space ships; it's better than plundering the earth for resources i guess. i thought he was ok for a while too until i learned he was just another shitlord billionaire.
what do you think is in the batteries

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

guys, the answer is "glue"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lancemantis posted:

i think you meant to say shelby svt cobra owners

or pretty much every svt output; if anything the raptor is the least awful one

i was gonna say the focus and fiesta st, but i guess they were developed by team rs in europe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a college friend got a model 3 and won't stop posting about them on fb now. it's like reading every dyp post about androids but for a $50k car.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

akadajet posted:

it's too bad GM has no designers who know how to make a desirable looking product

this isn't true at all! they just don't work on chevys.

i want to say the bmw i3 is a good ev, too, but only 180 mile range even with the optional extender (gas engine)

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 7, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's also goofy as gently caress, even compared to the bolt

it's like a wizard turned a pug into a car

yeah i meant to include that. it's not an attractive car. apparently the interior is also v strange

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"answering all these questions from shareholders like 'why can't you make cars' and 'log off' is hard!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

whoops!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i guess by selling to saudis, they can point at the non-unionized workers and say "see? at least we are not using slave labor here!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dang if only shareholders hadn't held elon to his promise they'd be producing 5000 cars a week, they wouldn't have had to make a whole bunch of broken cars for the junklot!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

selling to the country that did 9/11 to own the libs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bet they can produce 50k cars a quarter as long as you assume half of them will be unsellable and end up in the dirt lot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jonny 290 with a sick take

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1028486282643566592

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/zomgapocalypse/status/1028991501584527365

e: no fatties allowed!

https://twitter.com/zomgapocalypse/status/1029001945657303040

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 13, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

go play outside Skyler posted:

220 lbs for 6'4 isn't even that fat no? i mean it's fat but it's nothing like obese or anything, according to bmi
he's 6'2" and you're correct, but 220 is still going to be overweight for most anyone who isn't a biological male more than two standard deviations above average height.

source: i'm fat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mrmcd posted:

Imagine being a billionaire that just sits around all day stewing over the taunts of random Twitter nobodies that you self-own into a securities fraud settlement.

could be worse, you could self-own yourself into impeachment

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lancemantis posted:

wait wait wait

there are referral links for Tesla? referral links for buying a loving car?

did you know they have dlc?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

wait

they charge extra for the automurder feature?

they charge you extra money so you can

gently caress

ok i need a break from all this

yeah autopilot isn't standard though the hardware is installed on all cars. if you don't get the option when you buy, you can get it later but it costs more even though it's literally just an ota software patch to enable it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm gonna write it off
The NTSB couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip me off
Taking their breaks right behind my back
And I'm talking to myself at night
Because I can't forget
Back and forth through my mind
Behind an ambien

Endless Mike