Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icj3u4S-uvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

A shorter work day means more time to level up

https://twitter.com/iamalexxramos/status/1185205865156141057

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Black bears do wander into cities looking for trash

https://myfox8.com/2019/06/14/security-camera-captures-bear-walking-around-in-greensboro-neighborhood/

Brown bears will too, but don't very often, which is good because they're the murdery ones

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

you're thinking of Grizzlies which are brown but arent brown bears. unless theres an east coast brown bear that is primarily a carnivore that's somehow different from the west coast one

Grizzlies are a subspecies of brown bear, and are mostly differentiated based on where they live/what food they have access to. If anything grizzlies are only considered meaner because they live in areas where food is harder to find.

Bear facts in the capitalism thread

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Disrupting the jeans industry with this revolutionary idea

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Is there like no accounting of how much goes in pipe vs how much comes out of pipe? Hmm normally we fill this tank but today it only half filled? Oh well :shrug:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Spatial posted:

Most likely they knew about it for a long time and intentionally chose not to stop it. It was either cheaper to let it leak or it saved some C-level's bonus.

Penalty: guillotine

Naw drown em in the "recovered product"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKupT7bK_a0

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I work a poo poo job that I hate instead of spending more time making things that I enjoy because making things I enjoy doesn't make enough money to have "food" or "shelter". It's a great system that I love and it never makes me want to die

On the other hand working through the entire pandemic, the "hazard pay" (which has ended) and stimulus payments allowed me to save more in the last year than I've managed in the previous 6 years. Now I have a small cushion of savings and have fully entered "gently caress this poo poo" mode at work and do as little as possible, avoid anybody that might tell me to do work, and leave early whenever I feel like it with out asking or notifying anybody. I've been doing this for over a month now and so far nobody seems to have noticed or at least hasn't said anything to me

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Today a co-worker gave an excited "Yes!" and a fist pump when he learned that we would bet starting weekly department meetings again soon.

I hate these white people and their love of number

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Can you summon the App Police to fight the real police or will they just show up and help kill brown people

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

gently caress the homeless, let the children do a capitalism

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...84-cca5f58be3b9

Dog Case has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Jul 31, 2021

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

All I want is for the city to come in with a big bulldozer and scoop away all the homeless people like that one scene in Soylent Green and they can't even show a *little* gratitude at the sixty bucks a year we give the homeless shelter they are not living at? God the nerve of some people!

e: It just hit me that she called 911 to report the urgent, threatening emergency of "I saw a penis". Like it doesn't sound like the dude was a flasher or anything, just that he wandered by naked for some reason. This lady needs some kind of NextDoor equivalent of the Nobel Prize

They can bulldoze them right over into the sound

It's right next to the port but it's still rich people nimby poo poo because it's near Seattle, everything is rich people nimby poo poo

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

A fully sealed, water tight tunnel bursting up through the ground and anything above it when it starts to float

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

https://theintercept.com/2022/01/23/enbridge-pipeline-line-3-tracking-indigenous-protesters/

Just a corporation designating indigenous groups as "threats" and performing surveillance, cool normal stuff

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Also, you don't need a huge vehicle to ferry two kids around. People claim they need an absurd SUV because they just had their first kid, it's very lmao.

Have you seen an American child? Absolutely enormous

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

Tank inflation.

SUVs are just following the same general embiggening as military poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

To be fair the F-22 is a fuckin' enormous jet, even by modern jet standards. Like here's a Mustang with an F-22 and F-15 (both enormous) but also an F-16, which isn't really all that much bigger than the mustang:

The F-15 and 16 are both nearly 50 years old so it still follows that they just keep getting bigger

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

When I was a dumb child i was totally into jets and poo poo. I had the posters with jets and helicopters from the Scolastic book fair and desert sheild and desert storm shirts because that was a thing you could buy in child sizes for some reason

But now I'm a dumb adult and i hate all that and everything else

https://twitter.com/GadzooksB/status/1493587239292452866?t=MPBiU_NYCzAcjznh-ivOPA&s=19

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

The other day YouTube decided I wanted to see videos about the f35 and it recommended me a bunch of videos from multiple different channels that all had the same specific phrasing in the title like "F35 The military's MOST INSANE fighter!" which definitely didn't feel like some sort of weird propaganda

Edit:

Dog Case has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Feb 23, 2022

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

BonHair posted:

Incidentally, with any luck, crumbling infrastructure will hopefully cripple car culture within the next few decades.

Surely this won't lead to everybody needing an even bigger, more lifted truck

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Wheeee posted:

motorcycles are much dirtier than modern cars, catalytic converters alone make a substantial difference and bikes don’t have those

Pretty much every new motorcycle does though. At least ones that can be sold in Europe and the US. The EPA doesn't specifically require them, but they're the only way to meet current emissions requirements. My cheap small single cylinder motorcycle has one and also an air injection system which allows fresh air from the intake into the exhaust to make it more efficient, too

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I hate this

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Why is a rabies shot for my dog one shot and like $30

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

indigi posted:

is ricin made of rice

I love ricin beans

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

:psyduck:

Uhaul will rent you a tow carriage to pull behind the truck!

You also have to rent the bigger truck that can pull that thing though

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

Also, lmao

To be fair while there were definitely some people genuinely horny for Tony and Chester, a lot of furries are aware that brands and commercialization are bad actually and try to be too weird and horny for the brands to engage with to keep them away

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Everything is a brand now. The way you personally present yourself on the Internet is a brand. The way you post is a brand

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Start making all the plastic guns out of biodegradable resin. Maybe mix in some flower seeds. The arms industry can do its' part to stop climate change

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Ham Equity posted:

There aren't any other non-club, non-bougie grocery stores in Seattle. The other options are Whole Foods, PCC (a local co-op chain, very similar to Whole Foods), Trader Joe's, and Costco.

I was going to say Haggen which is a local chain with prices comparable to Safeway but lol I guess they're owned by Albertsons now.

Saars is local and still independently owned and cheaper than everything else anyway. They've usually got a huge Asian section too

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/saltofsalt/status/1583465561086132224

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Ham Equity posted:

It's literally "here's a piece of plastic we're making you throw away for us." Jesus loving Christ.

Take a break from your computer! Here's a video of puppies for you to watch on your computer during your break

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Just grab some plants in your yard and throw them in some hot water. Most of them won't kill you, some of them even taste good!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

My favorite kitchen appliance is my dog, its advanced AI allows it to mostly perfectly keep out of my way while assuring I never have to reduce myself by leaning over to pick up any scraps of food I've dropped. Plus, the ones that require the least maintenance are the cheaper off brands. It's also got an alternate mode where it jumps directly onto my balls if I'm playing Elden Ring in the living room and get to phase 2 on any boss

Az I'm surprised you haven't gotten an invitation to Knife Bloc yet, you didn't miss the part of the requirements where you have to go to an axe throwing place with a BAC above 0.10 did you?

Something must be wrong with mine, it's collision avoidance never works and then it doesn't even clean up half the stuff that gets dropped while it's in the way

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

i've read 4 articles about these rich people dying horribly at the bottom of the ocean and not one of them has mentioned the names of the poor schmucks actually driving the Deathsub

There are five people listed as being onboard including the CEO of the company running the thing. Their own website lists it's capacity as 4 +pilot. I think the guy was driving/giving a personal tour or something

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I think I know what happened. Somebody got mad and threw the (submarine) controller

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Am I supposed to be able to see the number of bookmarks? How many of those are "Guillotine list"

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmao that state is so hosed and nobody is going to care

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Lol if the tv commercials with the volcano book aren't a formative childhood memory burned into your brain forever

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

It looks futuristic. Don't you want to live in the future

It looks like it's made out of that beige plastic that yellows. It's intentionally designed to become a weird old people thing in grandma's bathroom between the water pick and large tub of Vaseline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Whooping Crabs posted:

How is Woonsocket a real place name

Most places in the US with a weird name are usually "white people pronouncing a native word wrong"