Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Powershift posted:

as expected. using 2 sticks in this game is a poo poo show.

In farming simulator you can just map whatever axis of whatever is plugged in to whatever function.

This i needed x360ce to emulate a controller, and vjoy to combine the two into 1 input, And the thrustmaster software to turn some of the buttons into keyboard keys for functions the game wouldn't let me map to a controller.

There seems to be a little lag, not exactly surprising but it would be nice to find what is causing it.

I'm hoping the as a side effect of this vr thing, they ended up fixing the keyboard and mouse flight controls. It would make the game way more enjoyable for me if I could control the ship with wasd and it would also be great to be able to look around the ship with kb+m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Another change I would really like is if they find another solution to the problem of refueling in space other then just spawning a billion asteroids everywhere we go. It's really emersion breaking.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Shadowlyger posted:

I mean if you're gonna complain about the asteroids then you also have to complain about all of the planets being way too close to each other and whoops now you have Star Citizen travel times.

well, personally, I can easily suspend my disbelief when it comes to the distance between planets. But the asteroid thing really bugs me. especially in cruise mode.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

The patch is up! :toot:

E: On PS4 anyway, 11GB.

Do they have some agreement with sony? I imagine yes, co's there's no other reason I can think for pc to be delayed like that.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

cool, it's that there's pc chat! This is so good.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

GOTY

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Well, I'm the kind of guy who feels sick by playing doom, so I don't think VR is for me.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

fuf posted:

why isn't it out yet boys

:emptyquote:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

The update is out on gog.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Game is choppy (if anyone has figured out what setting might alleviate that, let me know), otherwise good. I'm very excited to dive in once things are smoothed out.

same for me here. It's like a whole new game. It's really fun but the performance is horrible.

I had the blurry problem here too, but restarting the game fixed it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

It seems forcing v-sync of at the nvidia control panel solved most of my fps drops and stuttering issues.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Someone up-thread mentioned the game looked "low-resolution". I'm having a similar issue, despite the resolution being set to 2560x1080 in game. My guess is that the game has an "internal resolution" that has been knocked down a few multipliers because VR performance. Even though I'm not using VR. That should be a fairly easy thing to fix.

I selected all the "don't scale stuff" on the compatibility part of the executable options of win 10. I'm not sure if its placebo effect, but I feel like it helped. Also, steam people, unlock the experimental branch, they have been putting the latest fixes in there. the code is "3xperimental"

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

How are you guys finding ships distress beacons after the update? I've been trading nav data everywhere and all I get is ruins.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Dackel posted:

Not through nav data, but from the towers with the minigames (and then it's sort of rng?). Might be easier to do with the signal booster

cool, I'm going to try that thanks.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Flying is really bad, I have zero interest in engaging enemy ships because of it. I was hoping it'd have been improved since I last played but nope.

And it's not even the ship fighting that is the biggest problem, I have very little interest in doing that anyway. It's doing simple things like, say, trying to scan the planet in the distance but you have to make sure the cursor is completely inside the planet and god forbid if it slides out of it even a little bit, you'll be waiting for the scanner to cooldown to try again.

Not to mention, that space is so packed full of asteroids that you can barely see stuff in front of you.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Skipped ahead a few pages because reading all the negative experiences bummed me out and I still love the game. Anyone figure out what might be causing stuttering yet? Only thing I've really tried from this thread is turning off vsync in the Nvidia control panel (it was already off).

my stuttering and fps drops troubles got much better after I played around with the NumHighThreads and NumLowThreads settings in the config files.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I really wish there was a way to skip npc dialog. I feel like somehow the npc chatter is way less interesting than it was pre-expansion, and also it sucks to have to wait all that time every time I want to buy something or get a nav map. It gets really annoying really quick.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Bedurndurn posted:

I really hate that 99% of all NPCs are basically just a knowledge stone with more clicking. I don't really know what the point of learning the words is now that nobody says anything to you of any importance. Has anyone played around with the 'practice speech' system and gotten that to do anything interesting?

Yeah, I really liked that in the old system there was a lot of little dialog choices we had to make and it gave me some reason to pay attention to the dialog. Now I just punch the next key impatiently until I can move on to the next.

Is it possible for a planet to have no small trade outposts at all? I just started a new game and I've been flying for 20mins and no sign of one.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah is it an airless planet? Desolate ones seem to be that way

I finally found one. it was a regular artic planet.

I also got a bug where I lost all my money after a ship exchange. fortunately, it was the begin of the save so I only lost about 3mil

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

The game zeroed my wallet again after exchanging ship. I guess I'll wait a bit for some bug fixes before going back to.

With that said, the game is really fun and I'm totally amazed by it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Just got that too. Reloaded the autosave.

Also one of my bases seems to no longer recognize me.

I reloaded also, and it happened again. Now I'm debating if I just reinstall the game and do a new save or just wait for a few more patches. But there is no other game that even comes close to this.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Xik posted:

Another mechanic they butchered :sigh:. I think the planetary charts are tied to the system seed or something, in their item description they say what type they are for, and in my playing around handing it into the same guy reproduces the same type. The maps also only stack per type, so it's best to keep them as navigation data until you're going to use them because the resulting maps will take up multiple slots. Unless you want to hoard a specific type, then go nuts.

The worst is that you have to go through the same annoying npc dialog for each time you want to trade for a planetary chart. It's absolutely infuriating.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

Ugh i'm getting a really annoying bug where if I exchange my ship plus the value of the one i'm buying no matter what my Units will be reset to zero. So just now I had 4 mil in the bank, tried to exchange my 500k ship for a 1.5 mil and upon purchase i had zero Units afterwards. Tested this now on 3 ships in a row, same deal. Any one else get this bug?

I'm having the same problem. I'll start a new save tonight and see if it solves it. But if it doesn't I'll probably have to stop playing the game until they fix it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Toast King posted:

I've seen that mentioned by a lot of people so you're not alone. If you're on PC your best bet would be to CheatEngine back some units if you can. I think the same thing happens with buying a new freighter, both leave you with 0 units left. Hopefully it'll get fixed in the next round of patches this week but who knows.

I'm pretty amazed at all the basic things that break with every major update. As far as I can tell there's no way to adjust terrain manipulator size with a controller, only keyboard now. Still works when creating terrain but the buttons do nothing when it's set to mining.

That and killing the Upload All button are real headscratchers. I'm sure it broke in NEXT or some other major update as well and they eventually fixed it, so no idea how it's managed to happen all over again.

I have trouble believing that they did not know about those bugs. They probably decided to prioritize other bugs that they considered more critical.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

Closing the game and restarting it fixed the problem when just reloading the save didnt. Luckily I didnt save after I bought a ship and lost all of my money. Of course as I had to reload the save I lost the randomly generated good ship that flew into the space station so that sucked. But yea I submitted a bug report so i hope so.

That did not work for me. I restarted the game and even loaded a 30 mins younger manual save but still got the bug.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

As I play this, I keep thinking that I would be willing to pay an absurd amount of money for a super chill game like this, but with Sea of Thieves theme and graphics (and no pvp). And no, Atlas doesn't count.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I just hope they update the less asteroids mod. This asteroid filled space is the most stupid thing in this game.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Kin posted:

Other than dialing down the graphics settings is there something can do to address the stuttering on PC?

I've got a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti which I assumed would be more than enough to handle this on ultra settings but it keeps stuttering all over the place and I've seen texture pop-in issues and all that too.

I think it's more of a CPU issue. This is purely anecdotal but I noticed my CPU use maxing out at 100% when I get the stuttering.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Somehow this last update instead of fixing stuttering made it way worse for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Are there still asteroids everywhere you look at? It's kinda silly but that was one of my biggest problems with this game.