Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sonel posted:

Yes you do. It can be found once you are able to push blocks.

This seems to be whats preventing me from doing anything, what zone should I be looking in?

NVM got it

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

ymgve posted:

You can actually slightly sequence break some of them by throwing caltrops down in them, but doesn't seem like it gives you any upgrades quicker anyway.

you actually need to do this to find the downward shooting weapon anyway.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay I've found so many places that require double jump to complete that I'm pretty sure it's the next thing I need to find.

A tablet says that it's located behind the corridor of blood

However I can't make progress in that area because the boss is immune to my attacks

I figure there is some La Mulana 2 equivalent of book of the dead from the first game, what zone should I be looking in or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

In the back area of the shrine of the frost giants there is a statue of Belemor - I know 'when belemor awakes all the ice will melt' basically, but I don't know how to wake him up.

Ultimately I'm trying to spawn the ankh in Immortal Battleground and have no idea if this area is related or not, but it seems like I should have what I need and I'm just missing whatever tablet told me the mantra combination or w/e.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 1, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Where exactly is the back area with the Belemor statue? I've been looking for it, and I'm wondering if I've just overlooked it.
For the waking mantra, I'm not 100% sure on this yet, as I haven't tested it, but I think it's Heaven, earth, moon.

location: after you kill the corridor of blood boss by pushing blocks on him there is a pushable wall to the left that lets you into another room, inside are 2 statues that need to be pushed into position beneath a mural (position is shown on a mural next to your dad's curry colored tent in IB), then it's just a skip and a jump to the statue.

Where is the moon mantra? I think I saw a tablet that told me 'moon' was just 'sun', or maybe it was an NPC, but I have a 'sun' mantra but no moon.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Cheers, I know where I'm going next.
For the Moon mantra, I already talked about it earlier in the thread:

Is it the left ladder in the icefire treetops? There are two ladders and I see a secret room I can't reach that requires going up the left one, but I don't know how to reach the left one.

E: NVM Got it

Solution for other people who didn't know break the wall into the left ladder area from the next room over

EE: and dead ended again. I think I'm being bottlenecked by the drat IB ankh room. I have a jewel and the Pochette key but I don't know how to get the actual ankh to show up so I can fight this jerk and get his reward.

EEE: actually just found something in IB that might be it. Posting in this thread in frustration then just doing it myself WORKS.

EEEE: maybe not, another step closer maybe but I still can't spawn that drat ankh.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 1, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do you spawn the ankh in IB? I have the item all the tablets tell me I need but I don't see a spot to use it or anything. If it's like La Mulana 1 the spot to use it will be obvious when I actually use the ankh jewel but I can't figure out how to make the durned thing show up. I feel like everything I'm looking at is being bottlenecked by either the item the IB boss has or something that depends on me having it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hmm yah, I'll be on the look out for tablets that mention that. I've been wondering how to get in that chest.

Oh maybe the tablet that tells you that you need the figurine shows people attacking the little lizard statue? it's a stretch

E: gently caress jormungdr, I'm going to get a gun

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Zereth posted:

Okay what am I missing to fight Jorgumand

His pattern repeats without much variance. Earth spears are your best friend.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I'm trying to get the cog, I know It's related to the twin snakes and mjolnir, I know there is a way to control mjollnir better than the random fire I'm getting now, I know there is a jar that controls it in the 'buried fortress', I even know exactly where that room is.

What I want help is how to actually get the jar, there is a chest and a seal and it looks like that's proooobably it? the only other thing down here is a dude weak to light with a spotlight on him but that doesn't seem like a lightening jar to me. How do I get the jar?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I need to get in this chest

I'm pretty sure it's the cog and I need it to continue.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There's a tablet in land of the dead that says destroy the false tablet that I just happened to read and remember before doing that area. Very lucky on my part or I would've gotten stuck.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Real disappointed to solve the puzzle in Gate of the Dead only to get nothing but a shortcut.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Alright, I need some direction on where to head next. This is my inventory and I've killed 4 guardians, Roots, Valhalla, Annfwn, Immortal Battlefield.

I've putzed around in just about everywhere I can reach and it seems like I SHOULD be able to get into the underworld or get the cog, but I've been wandering around for awhile and still don't have a real good idea what I should be even trying to accomplish.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Have you spoken to ____Ra____? Also (in your inventory) please tell me the perfume lets you kill blue skeletons they are the bane of my existence, if so, can I have a general hint on where to find it

Yeah thats what the perfume does, I'm not entirely sure where I got it because the game glitched out and didn't give me the pop up for some reason but I'm about 90% sure it's from heaven's corridor

I spoke to Amun Ra in devil's courtyard and he was all mad about 'just one more' and flew off, I went down to the screen it looked like he went to but couldn't find anything else

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Are you thinking of a different miniboss? Mine just rams himself repeatedly into walls and is unaffected by weapons, not even a "no damage" sound effect.

if you're close to that miniboss he only charges, if you get further away he'll open up his mouth and spawn adds and thats when he's vulnerable

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Arc Impulse posted:

No bother, glad to know I could help!

Here are some other general hints on how to reach the ____Underworld______:

Have you spoken to Izanagi yet to hear his tale of visiting?

Where have you seen mention of paths to the Underworld before? Did it mention Fallandaforad?

Have you ever come across any sealed off pathways, where the others were open?

I got the first one and I've probably talked to the person who mentioned the second one but I don't remember who/where they were to go talk to them again. Third one I have no clue.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

The second one is from a tablet in the part of Ancient Chaos accessed from the Corridor of Blood

Absorb the purple stuff from the boss room if you haven't already.
The hint for its real purpose can be gotten from Gerd in the Shrine of the Frost Giants

Definitely been there then, I'll go revisit and see

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Seeric posted:

Oh no, I was trying to save up for the harp and I just discovered, in the most painful way possible, that the money cap is 999. I guess there's a way to increase the cap or just an alternate way to get it. I'm pretty sure I need to have no money to progress so it's time to hunt down some of those game apps.

There's a hidden shop that sells you an item for that. It's somewhere in shrine of the frost giant

I just want to say how much fun it is playing this game when there isn't a guide to go look up answers. Normally I give it the good ole college try and then go look something up. Right now thats impossible so I give it the good ole college try then come here (or my steam friends list) to collaborate answers on the harder puzzles. This is great.

E: I'm in the underworld :pram::hf::pram:

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Help, I somehow managed to activate Typhon by accident, but I died to the miniboss after, and now I can't figure out what I did.

One of the tablet's or NPCs nearby says he's activated by strong light so you need to spin the celestial disk and keep exploring as it changes the area

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

How do you get to the Dark Lord's Mausoleum? Only path I can see is the Blood Hall, but it's straight up vertically. I feel like I should have the feather by now.

There is a way to control the blood corridor doors. An NPC in __Annfwn__ tells you how.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

I'm still looking for a few things:

- Where can I find the katana
- Or the third sigil
- What do I do in the room that's adjacent of the save point in Icefire where there's a button I can't reach and a big statue in the middle (which zaps me if I hit it)

And generally about Icefire, what is needed to use the other exit to Immortal battlefield, which seems blocked for me from both sides?

1. Land of the Dead
2. Icefire Treetops
3. No idea, I must've already done it and don't remember because I don't see what you're referring to.

4. breakable wall

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, I've cleared both of his light sensors, but he's still inactive. It just randomly activated while I was passing through, testing some stuff.

He activated for me when I moved the light off those sensors and then stayed activated. I think you need to move the celestial disk again.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

yeah I think 1 requires 2

Oh man right that room, uh. There was a tablet somewhere that told you what to do. I think it was in icefire treetops itself. Damned if I remember what I did but I solved it on my first time through so I must've read the tablet shortly before encountering that room. The good news is 2 isn't part of that room, though 4 is.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Oh, okay. But the third sigil is somewhere in Icefire, right? Just thought it might be here.

It is, but it's on the fire side

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Well fudge.

I hope I can reach it without fire-swimming equipment.

Maybe too much information but,

You can if you find the other entrance

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Nah, dont worry, I've been roaming around trying to find it, first I got a small hint about the area, now I'm just looking to find it...

But if you are saying I need to find an alternate entrance to Icefire fire side I havent found it yet.

Explicit:

yeah, if you have enough hp you can swim through from the door over Nidhogg, but you'd need like 200 or something and you can't get the ice cape yet. But there is an entirely different entrance aside from the nidhogg one that you can/should find

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You already have a tool that lets you get out of trouble quickly

Now I don't know if thats the intended use but using the earth mantra at the odin statue didn't do anything either

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Anybody found a good money grinding location yet? I unlocked the loot fairy but now I need 1000 bux for the harp I think.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Pots are only worth 6 gold, you'd need A TON of pots for it to be good dollars/fairy and if they don't respawn thats even worse. I think we're going to find an area with really high mob density/dificulty to be best as bigger mobs can drop 30+ gold each.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Pots are only worth 6 gold, you'd need A TON of pots for it to be good dollars/fairy and if they don't respawn thats even worse. I think we're going to find an area with really high mob density/dificulty to be best as bigger mobs can drop 30+ gold each.

The pots in this area will respawn if you leave from the bottom of the screen but not the top, it's pretty good

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Orpheus says the pig shopkeeper has a recording of his musicI think I've seen him before but don't recall where. Anybody know?

Broken Cog posted:

Hall of Malice has no chill

Edit: Anyone found the Gauntlet? It's supposed to be in the Frost Giant area.

Behind fenrir maybe? I've never beaten him

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Up, then left from the fireside IcefireTreetop save point

Thats the music app, but not the pig shopkeeper. I swear I've seen some hog faced shop keeper somewhere but he's not in my glossary

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

Gah, anyone know how to get past the room after the miniboss in shrine of the frost giants blood corridor section, I've done it twice by accident, but I seem unable to replicate it

Nvm, did it by accident again... really wish I had the hit so I knew the solution.

the mural in the back ground matches another mural in immortal battlefield next to your dad's tent. In the mural in IB you can see 2 figures on the mural but they aren't there on the frost giant one, you push the statue to their location to solve the puzzle

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Alright, after combing through the underworld I feel like I'm real close to finally getting the drat cog because I found the tablet that tells me what I need to do. I just need one thing

Can anybody tell me where the wind mantra is?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

in addition to that:

if the chest isn't already open you have to break the tablet on the left that is lying to you about how to open it. A tablet in gate of the dead says something like 'smash the false tablet' which is I guess all the hint you get for that one

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Ancient Chaos

e: just got the flail whip :getin:

The only way I can get into that area is through the corridor of blood and it's just one tall room with no way to progress (oh god don't tell me I need to kill a 5th boss, I thought I was making progress toward the next boss already). Is there another entrance or am I missing something in this room?

ymgve posted:

What tablet? There's only one in the room, so either I destroyed another without the chest opening, or it is in a different room but I can't smash any of the nearby ones.

I'm probably just mistaken about what chest we're talking about then. The one I'm thinking of was right there and you still had to come at it from above.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Have you been to Takamagahara Shrine?

Yeah, I've pretty much explored the whole thing, there are some exits I can't use including the one at the very bottom and my upgraded map shows a pink line (area transition) in the sub-weapon room on the east but I can't figure out how to trigger the stairs there.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

You probably missed the same breakable wall I did, in left Divine Path Room, use spears

this room?

I threw spears at everything I think

E: got it. I don't know how I was supposed to do that. Another puzzle solved by randomly swinging

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

I was thinking of that room, but actually I think you're stuck on Corridor of Pillars?

If so, in Execution Room (where you fought Daji), there's a breakable floor in the bottom-left that leads to a pedestal that moves a block in Corridor of Pillars

actually I was stuck all the way at the end, you can see the door to the backside down beneath you but it's closed with no apparant way in, but you had to swing at the big block and break it for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

One more step to the cog I think. I got the battery jar thing and when I use it in the obvious spot the chest opens up but I can only get to it if I dro pdown from above and there doesn't seem to be a way into that room. Any hints?