Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:hmmyes:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What I don't get about those Q-people is how they often tend to have their literal kids in the pic with the shirts, too. Realistically, who 17 year old girl is so passionate about Trump, that they bite full size into the crazy story that their dad shows to them on the internet?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vahakyla posted:

What I don't get about those Q-people is how they often tend to have their literal kids in the pic with the shirts, too. Realistically, who 17 year old girl is so passionate about Trump, that they bite full size into the crazy story that their dad shows to them on the internet?

One that can probably be convinced to go searching for deep state conspiracies in the path of the Carr Fire.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kids are stupid, man. My dad had me helping him set up his lovely MLM poo poo at whatever bullshit place he got a booth that week. I bought into that poo poo regularly because my grandparents supported his dumb poo poo, mortgaged the farm over it, and would just roll on with the next BIG thing.

Those kids have no goddamn idea what the real world is and don't understand what's going on in front of them. It's a goddamn circus to them.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://twitter.com/coherentstates/...r%3D2581%23pti3

For some reason someone has it in their mind that bikinis trigger libs now.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

:toot:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Vahakyla posted:

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/...r%3D2581%23pti3

Don't throw me in that briar patch!

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
For the Penis pilots, why are they being ordered to fly over open water out of radio contact? That seems dangerous. Is that normal? I’m not a pilot but it seems bad.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Vahakyla posted:

I like (thing).

I hate libs.

Liking (thing) owns libs.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I’m calling conservatives cons from here on out.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Lets not confuse this plague of poo poo eating stupidity for "conservatism".

The "conservative" politicians and TV talking heads are the same breed of dick-in-the-rear end sycophants who will ultimately co-opt the revolution when it swings and blue-waves its way back through the golden waves of grain. Get hype for another Lib Coke vs Con Pepsi main event! Spoiler alert: Hulk Hogan retains the title because he has creative control. Wrestling isn't real, rubes.

We're all adults here. Let's just admit that the Democratic party really represents the same base that the Republican party represents: a handful of filthy rich motherfuckers angling for record profits in the post-apocalypse.

The chains bind us all here in plato's cave, and the shadows will continue to call the tune until we bring fangs to bear on the wrists of the anchor men.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Succession is tight as gently caress by the way yall should watch it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Lets not confuse this plague of poo poo eating stupidity for "conservatism".

The "conservative" politicians and TV talking heads are the same breed of dick-in-the-rear end sycophants who will ultimately co-opt the revolution when it swings and blue-waves its way back through the golden waves of grain. Get hype for another Lib Coke vs Con Pepsi main event! Spoiler alert: Hulk Hogan retains the title because he has creative control. Wrestling isn't real, rubes.

We're all adults here. Let's just admit that the Democratic party really represents the same base that the Republican party represents: a handful of filthy rich motherfuckers angling for record profits in the post-apocalypse.

The chains bind us all here in plato's cave, and the shadows will continue to call the tune until we bring fangs to bear on the wrists of the anchor men.

Source your quote.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stealing from the cspam tesla thread via gbs and yospos crossposting. Remember Musk’s tweets about a saboteur? Turns out he was a whistleblower who was trying to report tesla just gluing punctured batteries back together and marking them as good.

bring back old gbs posted:

from the CSPAM teslol thread
its all good but the real poo poo is in the last 2 pages god drat

TL;DR:
-Tesla Whistleblower is informed that a robot arm had a pin on it that was puncturing battery cells, is shown ~1200 punctured battery cells in a container.

-Whistleblower confirms the punctured cells have been short circuited internally.

-Whistleblower later notices the container is empty and finds out other Tesla employees have been filling the puncture holes with glue, and marking them as good.

-Whistleblower uses the inventory tracking system to find out where the cells ended up. 732 of the punctured cells ended up in Tesla Model 3's that were already on their way to customers.

-Tesla disables the inventory tracking system that allowed Whistleblower to do this.

-Musk goes on twitter and says the Whistleblower sabotaged Tesla operations.

:stare:jfc Musk is going to kill somebody with this poo poo and he will never be held accountable for it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Do you want battery fires? Because this is how you get battery fires.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I too want to drive a Galaxy Note 5!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Re: Climate change, I think a few of us will find this article infuriating
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html

We had a shot at serious mitigation in the decade between 1979 and 1989, but the Boomers blew it.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

What are the odds Elon ends up fleeing *departing* the country for somewhere that better appreciates his engineering vision and sacks of cash?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm sure he'll wash up in Thailand like all the other rich expats...oh wait.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Richard Bong posted:

For the Penis pilots, why are they being ordered to fly over open water out of radio contact? That seems dangerous. Is that normal? I’m not a pilot but it seems bad.

quote:

pilots were told to fly at low altitudes over open water 25 miles offshore so they could scan ships for radiological weapons.

Sounds like it's necessary for the sensors they're using. And yes, it's generally considered a bad idea in a single-engine plane.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I want a democracy world tour shirt

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Sounds like it's necessary for the sensors they're using. And yes, it's generally considered a bad idea in a single-engine plane.

The Cessna 208 is regularly ferried transatlantic under its own power.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Re: Climate change, I think a few of us will find this article infuriating
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html

We had a shot at serious mitigation in the decade between 1979 and 1989, but the Boomers blew it.

Oh yea my dad used to work for the DoE where he was working on technologies for electric vehicles - spurred on by the oil embargo. When Saint Reagan (blessed be his name) was elected, he promptly shut that department down and my dad lost his job. I believe the article mentions how Reagan also wanted to shut down the DoE as a whole, but didn't. My dad held a special hatred for Reagan ever since.

Anyway that article is loving depressing. As usual, gently caress Boomers.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Need a different thread title. Nukes are such pointless, useless weapons.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Immanentized posted:

the Boomers blew it.

I hope the last few people alive spend their final days before extinction writing this in letters big enough to see from outer space. Can't think of a better epitaph for humanity.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Oh yea my dad used to work for the DoE where he was working on technologies for electric vehicles - spurred on by the oil embargo. When Saint Reagan (blessed be his name) was elected, he promptly shut that department down and my dad lost his job. I believe the article mentions how Reagan also wanted to shut down the DoE as a whole, but didn't. My dad held a special hatred for Reagan ever since.

Anyway that article is loving depressing. As usual, gently caress Boomers.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

Reagan wasn't a boomer. The boomers were between 15 and 35 at the beginning of the 80s. There were no boomers in the senate and less than 20 in the house. Hardly the generation in power, that was the greatest/depression generation.
The boomers have a lot to answer for, but high level scientific and political decisionmaking in the 80s probably isn't one of them.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

joat mon posted:

Reagan wasn't a boomer. The boomers were between 15 and 35 at the beginning of the 80s. There were no boomers in the senate and less than 20 in the house. Hardly the generation in power, that was the greatest/depression generation.
The boomers have a lot to answer for, but high level scientific and political decisionmaking in the 80s probably isn't one of them.

Yea but the 1980s was when that generation started to become an important voting block and they began to turn rapidly conservative. It's why Reagan was so popular and Democrats only took power again when they abandoned their leftist base and went for third-way politics, Bill Clinton style. Essentially destroying anything resembling a leftist political movement in this country both locally and nationally for 25 years.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

joat mon posted:

Joat mon, it has become the Wise American Way, as deemed by today’s boomers, to blame everyone 35 or younger for all the nation’s problems.

In light of this decision by America and its media, boomers did all the bad things on the 80s just as millennial are to blame for literally everything today.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its boomers fragile ego that weve been trying to assuage since Vietnam

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Can we at least agree to exterminate old people?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Waroduce posted:

I want a democracy world tour shirt

Grunt style or those other Facebook T-shirt companies sell them.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Syrian Lannister posted:

Grunt style or those other Facebook T-shirt companies sell them.

Why not just get a Tapout shirt, same thing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Lovely Lisa Page

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1024656465158721536

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Reading news alerts that Trump has directed Sessions to shut down the Russia Probe.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

mlmp08 posted:

Joat mon, it has become the Wise American Way, as deemed by today’s boomers, to blame everyone 35 or younger for all the nation’s problems.

In light of this decision by America and its media, boomers did all the bad things on the 80s just as millennial are to blame for literally everything today.

Millennials and their love of avocado toast are to blame for every problem facing modern society. The "greatest" generation and boomers bear no responsibility at all, no siree.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Reading news alerts that Trump has directed Sessions to shut down the Russia Probe.

Wednesday morning massacre?

idk doesn't have a good ring to it

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
midweek morning massacre

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Wednesday Wipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

it's because of this tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1024646945640525826

• Locked thread