Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

shut up blegum posted:

It'll probably only have minor impact. Like if you don't put on a coat while going up in the mountains, you stamina may drain a bit faster, but you probably won't freeze to death :shrug:
That being said, I can't wait to groom my horse, take care of it, learn it some tricks and then accidentally shoot it in the back of the head with a shotgun while I'm chasing outlaws.
Yeah at the very least on the ammo front, I'm expecting "Hey you know what would be better than those dime store bullets? EXPLODING BULLETS" more than New Vegas style "80% of store bought ammo is garbage, good thing you can craft the good poo poo"

Probably the only reason horse inventory would drag me down is due to being an indecisive weapon hoarder that wants enough guns for every ammo type under the sun :v:

As long as our horse can't starve to death, we'll probably manage.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BillBear posted:

I feel like Red Dead should become the flagship series, it's just way cooler than GTA is imo.

Plus, the biggest boon is that Red Dead's characters tend to be way more bearable than GTA's. I honestly can't stand most GTA characters (Roman's cool tho) nor the stories because it's just worthless scumbag after worthless scumbag, especially the main characters. I know the series is meant to be satire on how crappy American society is but it gets tiring. John was a good guy for the most part who I actually wanted to play a long game with. Plus the story itself was at least enjoyable and I cared for some of the cast.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

While I agree that practically every GTA character is insufferable, I think having one RDR per decade helps keep Rockstar from it's bad and lazy writing habits that seem to be more prevalent in GTA. I'd rather they give other genres the RDR treatment. I'm still waiting for Agent, dammit.
It's not "We're playing broken people in a broken city" that's the source of most people's "scumbag burnout", I think.

It's the fact "You're a backstabbing two bit thief, and I'm a psychotic killer and drug dealer" used to be your victory speech, complete with uplifting music. Rather than trying to prod a reaction out of the player for committing crimes in crime game.

But I'm optimistic about RDR2 not throwing in as much tone clashing stuff as recent GTA. They probably won't pull something like "Oh boy, we get to rob a train!" side content, then turn around with "Those train conductors had families, you monster" and not being allowed to progress the main plot until you are suitably chastised for the innocents shot/cutscened to death in your vicinity.

As much because allowing players to do their best impression of The Ugly or Gummy Joe would seriously take the wind out of the sails of such navel gazing.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 13, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Is it wrong that I want the world's fanciest pocket watch for my cowboy man?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I FINALLY got around to grabbing a copy of bloodborne, and it's making me look forward to Red Dead 2 even more because if I see a discarded top hat that game will actually let me take it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gay Horney posted:

for real I don't get the hype here. I read a synopsis of RDR and realized I did in fact play it and it was pretty good! But the hype videos are saying poo poo like "when you open a drawer the items are right there in that drawer" and "when your horse steps in snow he leaves tracks!" which is how these games have worked for a while. metal gear solid 5 came out how many years ago at this point?
Because this is secretly the real Shenmue 3.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The smaller scope of cowboy land at least means, assumedly, at worst it will be assholes with a whale purchase tommygun that are still vulnerable to a good old fashioned quickdraw to the dome :clint:

I don't even have PS+ because I do all my online stuff on PC and 99% of my console gaming is single player loving about. But I am hoping for those more interested that the online stuff turns out to be good.

Speaking of guns, I am curious what the overall differences will be for handguns beyond things like ammo capacity, loading speed, ease of quickdraw antics, and other soft stats.

I remember San Andreas pissing me off when I finally got a Desert Eagle, only to find shooting people in the face didn't quite kill them until I ground up my desert eagle skill. I really doubt that will be the case here, but I am curious what the distinctions will be beyond fahsion points or STALKER style "Hey your expensive gun is laser accurate unloading all your ammo into skulls, unlike your cheap gun firing at wild angles unless you slowly feather single shots"

Powershift posted:

No, they disabled bad sport lobbies because hackers were putting everybody in them
I think I heard a story about hackers using guns that shot money as a way to flag people as hackers by way of "This guy got money too fast! Must be a cheater!"

(Softban system horror stories always make then sound like garbage that only serves to soothe the 'no guys, they really care about hackers! If you don't like it then YOU must be a hacker!' sort)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 19, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sedisp posted:

Im looking forward to the online. Not because I want to play it because I want to see how much naked greed they can squeeze into a western.

Hot air balloons with miniguns and bombs? The spider thing from wild wild west?
Too good for this sinful world would be duels between heavily armed trains.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ofaloaf posted:

:wrong: You can't throw sticky bombs or grenades out of an armored Kuruma. You need a different car to have fun with explosives.
Thankfully all horses are open topped, so we can recklessly throw dynamite while driving forever :buddy:

I also want a cool poncho for "it's a western, gimme a cool poncho" reason like everyone else. But I'm also hoping they double as a tarp.

In a perfect world I get be Cowboy James Bond, but with less metal spiders. Where I take off my Scuba gear filthy poncho to reveal a pristine suit.

And then, probably flee from the fact I can't play poker for poo poo with the above mentioned dynamite horse riding.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tercio posted:

leaked gameplay

https://streamable.com/oiv92

it's short
So the most important fact is that packs of "Premium cigarettes" have trading cards inside them.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ElwoodCuse posted:

I hope honor lets you react to each situation however you want. Unlike, say, Infamous where you basically had to decide right away to either be good all the time or evil all the time.
I'd be more curious if there was any distinction if you are a rampant looter with a low body count, or as usual enough bloodless larceny means karma systems treat you as the greatest monster of all time.

"He's robbed all the banks! He's stolen 200 wallets! He took the mayor's pocket watch! SEND THE ARMY"
"But what about that guy who killed and ate the McNameless family?"
"So? That's only a bounty value of $150, tops"

This is part of why for all it's flaws, I loved the IDEA of Mass Effect's "Paragon/Renegade" system.

It's a lot easier to forgive "Execute brainwashed prisoners or tell someone to kill themselves either way, but will you call someone a pussy in the process?" when everything is usually aimed towards the same overall progress.

Rather than the game waiting with baited breath to tell you "You didn't even fire your gun that time? poo poo is hosed. No Moral." As posters have been outlining from RDR1.

But I'm gonna give optimism a shot :unsmith: I'm not going to set my expectations to giving a weary sigh as I sit through an obligatory "You're a bad person, you should feel bad!" ala GTAV's torture segment, two minutes before the next shooting spree side mission.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 23, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

My ideal karma system was probably New Vegas's but that also had the benefit of the reputation system with all the various factions in the world
That could probably be cool. It's been ages since I played NV so I forget how far it delves into or avoids "Theft is = or > Murder"

But for real I want "Steal man's pocket watch (without looting a dead body for it)" to be a thing. Swiping it from a display case lacks that personal touch.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shoehead posted:

They took the stupid amount of detail cars had in GTAV and pumped it into guns and I loooove it
MGS3 Snake's ramblings will be appropriate at all times.

Commenting about engravings.
Obsessing over your whittling skill so you can use the fabled Knife/Gun.
Mauser, if I'm remembering spoiled images right

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Flayer posted:

Not sure if I want to do a pacifist honourable playthrough or cowboy bellend rampaging through the desert playthrough.

I feel this isn't a game you play through twice, just keep on with your first save and online mode.

What's everyone else going for?
If you can't decide, try for Civilized in civilization, wild in the wilderness.

It would be a pretty rare find if "No witnesses" matters in the eyes of the invisible karma meter gods in all ways.

If it's anywhere even close to the mark they are advertising, then worst case scenario would probably be "The NPCs keep slipping into their canned greetings for evil players between acting like nothing is wrong." rather than "Zero evidence Lynch mob because gently caress it, you are the only one here with a negative karma meter."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 24, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I like how it tells you what "crime" you committed when you get wanted. I wonder if they got one for, "A.I decided to jump right in front of you while riding/driving and got themselves killed."
MGS5 style walking into their own landmines beartraps, or running people down in the street with their own trucks horses. Then crying to the sky gods this must be the work of a no good criminal.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Day Man posted:

I plan to be friendly and helpful when people seem nice, and then I'm gonna try to use the system where witnesses actually need to report you to be a secret serial killer by carefully planning out murders or finding people in the frontier all alone. It always bothered me when I killed someone on a hiking trail away from everyone in gta5 and cops would magically spawn on the trails in cop cars.

Cops are not trained to notice someone crying for help, nor trained to stop ploys to mug a protagonist in a blind alley. :rolleyes:

Now, muggers in a blind alley killed by a silenced SMG? That's where years of training kicks in!

So yes, I'm also hoping they avoid. "Hey now, that's the sound of throwing knives from 700 feet away!" moments, regardless of the intentions of your stabbings.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 25, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wizard of Wang posted:

Not to sound like a whiny baby I just wish there were a few more models of revolvers other than Cattleman, Schofield, Double action and volcanic. But, that said, the customization is so massive I doubt you run across the same gun twice.
Main reason I'd have expected a wider variety of handguns than even ...six... shown in that gun store leak linked earlier, is because of the whole Deadeye/quickdraw gunslinger aesthetic you'd expect from a series originally titled "Read Dead REVOLVER" :rimshot:

What I'm more curious about though? Is if there will be any hoops preventing you from buying guns even if you had the cash. If so, would they gate customization if you stole a good gun you have not 'unlocked'?

Maybe it had to do with the leak nature of that reddit link about the gun shop, or maybe it's ye olde "You can't buy seemingly basic equipment until later!". What has me thinking about this is that the Volcanic Pistol for example, did not have a red lock icon on it despite costing notably more than revolvers with such lock icons.

:speculate:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 25, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can only imagine how many gamers are going to attempt to add this to their Rube Goldberg Machine plans.

You know, aside from me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mordiceius posted:

Prequels are loving lame.

Always.

No exceptions.

Anything that is a prequel would be better if it wasn’t a prequel.
Late response, but Operation Snake Eater would like to have a word with you :colbert:

For shame, given the Ocelot life hype :ocelot:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GreatGreen posted:

No.

SoulsBourne controls are weighty and awesome.

Rockstar controls are too weighty. They make controlling a human feel like you're driving a drat boat.
No, no, see. RDR2's controls are even MORE Soulslike.

Because they got Alvina to make the controls for RDR2.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GreatGreen posted:

I agree with you totally. Who are these idiots that think "BUT REALISM MAAAN... IT'S SO REAAALLLL HOW COULD ANYBODY NOT LOVE IT."

The answer is because some realism loving sucks in video games.

Realism =/= Better.
Fun = Better.
Fun =/= having to do the busywork of manually walking back to your horse every time it gets out of range or having to continuously tap the loving run button to run, or losing your weapons in the wilderness, or having your horse programmed as an entity that can be killed.
People will literally clamor for sitting in a decompression chamber "because it would be immersive/Realistic!" in aquatic games where you also have a pocket sized matter replicator.

Or you're playing DnD with goblin butlers firing catapults at a dragon, but trying to do nonlethal robin hood takedowns with a bow gets complaints of "That Isn't realistic! arrows are SHARP!"

Incredibly cherry picked realism/Lore reasons that are nine times out of ten always to tout some form of inconvenience for the player has become my arch-nemesis over the years. As much because it's a coin flip whether it's people just trying to use it as cheap PR for a Dev/Fan's personal preferences, or being honestly convinced "I'm helping with this idea, yay! :downs:"

Thankfully RDR2 seems to be just mildly fiddly at worst by all accounts and what little gameplay I've seen in person. It won't make me vomit blood because I ate too many canned beans in a row trying to top up my hunger. My starting guns don't fire at wild angles if I have the nerve to shoot them more than once per second while modders wistfully sigh at how they can't make the act of reloading your gun lower durability.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 27, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

So like split point ammo is superior to regular ammo and literally costs nothing to craft but time?
I'm fine with crafted ammo being flat out better, so long as the lowest tier of ammo is legitimately good with no passive aggressive drawbacks like worse durability loss. Rather than damning the bottom rung bullets with faint praise "You can still get by with it :rolleyes:"

So far, plain vanilla ammo seems pretty great for shooting your fellow man in this game :buddy:

Though I'm curious why I need shotgun shells to craft small game arrows in RDR2. "Your normal arrows are too strong for rabbits. To make weak baby arrows, ADD SHOTGUN"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 29, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

You need to get good lmao
I'm REAL good.

At pressing then releasing the left trigger for auto aim magnetism between every shot.

Peak skill. I tell you what partner- *Holding up on the D-pad and pointing gun to the sky decides shoot someone in the dick instead*

poo poo like that is why I'm always SUPER worried whenever I see the prompt "R2 to aim". Thankfully last time it happened they clearly had scripted durability, as it was the loanshark tutorial mission polish guy surviving the "warning shot" attempt and acting like nothing happened. Compared to the sort of guy who dies instantly from being punched in the butt.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 29, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I may be completely out of stamina, but at least I can eat at camp now that I'm back!... Oh the stew and coffee isn't ready despite it being two days (and just handing over a deer and two wild turkeys)? Okay at least I can sleep-oh, a letter! A VOICE ACTED letter! Isn't that nice :unsmith:

Wait. Straus, why are you leading me away from my bed? Okay nice chat about debtors, now gently caress off and let me... I can't sleep (or shave, or access my wardrobe). OH, I can't manually SAVE either.

Because suddenly I'm in a mission. Because I had the nerve to read a letter before I slept... Guess it's stuffing canned peaches and beans down my face after all :smith:

For all the detail put in, it's so bizarre to be afraid to interact with literally anything. Lest I be locked out of basic functions like sleeping and saving.

Don't regret blowing about 100 dollars on horse accessories, even if that manual save was 45 minutes hour ago.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 29, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

Haha, yeah I ended up playing until like 2 am last night because without the minimap it's really hard to tell if talking to someone or interacting with something will kick off a mission.
See that's the thing. There was a yellow Dutch icon I was specifically ignoring. The only thing by my bed was... the usual bed icon.

But hey, there's a letter by my bed! Let's read it!... oh. oooooh.... (Also the Dutch Icon is now MIA, I guess because I'm already inside a sudden mission :v: )

Stopping to grab at least a deer before every trip back to camp is why I'm also sore about the lack of snacks in that stream of consciousness. Like the Deer and two turkeys I brought this time around.

EDIT: Also, the last time I ate stew I scooped it from thin air. So I was sure to carefully circle the spot for button prompts in case of more magic invisible stew.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 29, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm childishly amused at Morgan sheepishly holding his hat in front of him, while punching his fingers through it because I'm wearing one of the outfits with a hat brim bigger than his default :allears:

Which reminds me how I was more bothered at being locked out of the wardrobe than sleep/saving (For about five whole minutes to to yell at a farmer, but still). "I just bought the bigger saddle bags! Now I can put more CLOTHES in my horse-oh..."

What? Gun upgrades? Recently got a free double barrel shotgun, that's counts. Probably.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 29, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

I only punched Mr Thomas a couple times and it's because it was my only option. I didn't hurt him past that and when I got back to the camp I chewed out the German guy for specifically targeting desperate people and to not do it anymore. Not sure if that always happens.
I was so poo poo at punching I almost died. Then when it got to the grapple I punched them once, left to get a drink.

Came back, threw my second punch. STOP IT! HE'S HAD ENOUGH! OH LORDY LORD!

I still prefer to try to be decent most of the time. My default most games is to be a kleptomaniac who is too much of a baby to kill innocents for sweet loot. (Quest For Glory "I'm a Paladin! Technically. I have the worst magic sword in all the land because I can't stop robbing little old ladies and banks" runs comes to mind)

Plus a lot of the writing is in this game is waaaaaay better than I'd have ever expected.

But how desperate games remain to hold a gun to your head and force you to take action they can wag their finger at you later about, makes real hard to feel the intended guilt.

"Wow, this is getting out of hand. I think I'll just leave-"
Get in there and start punching or we send you back to the checkpoint.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 30, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I coulda sworn the 'time your button presses for no stamina loss!' prompt popped up on your way for the tutorial stage coach theft to unlock the fence.

But yes, file it under "Blink and you'll miss it while trying not to steer into a small bridge's railings or insurance scammer pedestrians"

CuddleCryptid posted:

I have tried to be a good guy and it sucks. One time I saved a stagecoach from being robbed by bandits, and tied them up rather than shooting them. On a whim i threw one on the back of my horse and decided to take him to jail for his crimes. Three mins later I am riding through town and get gunned down for kidnapping the dude.
The all seeing sky god doesn't like the competition in reporting crimes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I don't think it needs a work around. Arthur slides the guns back into the saddle with an animation for hard riding. I always thought the visual representation of it was so clear that I never forgot to grab a rifle (which only takes a moment) from the saddle.
A visual representation of "gently caress, no. Stop it. Stop putting my bow away because you have not used it in the last 15 seconds. Just in time for an Elk to jump out of the woods."

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It really sounds like my tendency to screw around in early game as much as possible is really going to pay off in this game.

It would pay off more is so many guns were not plot locked from purchase once you have the means. So I should proooobably press on to at least chapter 3.

"I saved a guy from a beartrap! That means my early trip to Strawberry gives me a free item from the general store! *all three whole guns in the store are Red Locked* ... Well, at least I can get this cool outfit! *10% discount honor not high enough*... This is not how 'pick anything you want' works :sigh:"

Ytlaya posted:

So I saved the game before fighting some dude (who appeared to have robbed and murdered a couple, so I figured I could kill him without recourse), and then after fighting him glitched out and got stuck inside a wagon, so I loaded the save. After loading the save I was in a completely different place, and the destination I was heading towards (the trapper) is no longer on the map. What the gently caress?

edit: Btw, I found some creepy blind man who said some important sounding vague stuff. I gave him a dollar.

My brother had his horse teleported onto a moving train when he loaded a save.

The horse didn't make it, I think.

My horse names are Hammer (starter), Bricks(cheap $15 horse for sale in stable tutorial), and Nails. Nails is the War Horse the snake oil bounty had. Mine now!

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 31, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

goferchan posted:

It seems way too tedious. Just do the story, you can pull off some pretty profitable jobs to the point where upgrading camp is a joke

"It takes five minutes to get thousands of dollars worth of gold"
"Seems too tedious. Better follow the main plot for hours"

Where is the exploit to let me buy anything I've earned a legitimate buck for without event flags gracing me the privilege? Why list it in your catalogue if you won't sell it!

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 31, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

Every time I try to interact with that rear end in a top hat my Greet/Antagonize options are greyed out.
You have to wait for his initial rant to finish :downs:

Then he will patiently wait until you are done with the barber to attack you.

Nechronic posted:

Do different horse types react to combat in different ways? I feel like my old war horse stuck around in gunfights a lot more than my race horse does but it could just be my imagination.

Probably! But even at bond 3 (and well fed), my non DLC War horse (the one the tutorial bounty target had) was still a huge baby about howling coyotes complete with "predators scare your horse! mash Left stick to pet!" prompt, and frightened by rattle snakes it had already accidentally crushed to death.

Maybe Bond rank 4 will actually matter? But if "War horses don't spook as easily!" is actually a thing, this does not bode well for other breeds.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 31, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CordlessPen posted:

I love the effort that was obviously put into making this game feel like a world, but I've only played 4 times in 30 minutes increments so far and every time I've stopped playing because I was too annoyed to keep going. It's impressive how intricate, if not realistic, the various systems are, but after dealing with them for the first few times, they become really irritating. I'm likely going to play this game for a hundred hours; I'm very probably going to tire of having to take baths, change clothes, eat and drink, care for my horse and ride everywhere because the fast travel is almost useless in a lot of situations.

I'm having flashbacks of the fat/muscle meters in GTA:SA.
When it comes to horses at least, Buying stat boosting stirrups (Under $40) > buying a good horse. Makes fresh replacement horses good immediately, makes high quality bond boosted horses even better later.

There is some understandable confusion over whether or not "+50% core drain'" is a positive or negative (The only change on my player stats horse page before and after was "+2 stats!" instead of "+1 stat" :v: ) . There are like three +2 stat stirrups and the most expensive one has the highest "+core drain", for whatever that is worth.

The game doesn't seem to indicate before you buy seemingly overpriced oat cakes, but they are sold to you 3-4 at a time (same with crackers to shove in your own face). So Mostly remembering to give my horse some apples or whatever when I leave camp or stop to sleep has helped keep them out of the malnourished zone. The stable hand incidental dialogue also implies that if you swap out your horses, they will take proper care of your horse.

I wonder if anyone is going to experiment with making their horses overweight, and seeing if the stables do indeed double as a horse gym membership.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 31, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GyverMac posted:

What is it with rockstar and having such a hard on for arresting player agency when it comes to interactions like these? Its been like this since GTA 4.
A more cynical man would suggest "I bet it's so they can sell bounty clears for online :smug:"

But that's something I'd never expect any Dev to try unless they were dumber than even :pgi:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

super macho dude posted:

You dont need a watch to tell the time ffs, just hit down on the dpad.
You need a watch to tell time in STYLE though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Slim Killington posted:

Holy poo poo I would pay a hundred dollars to remove bullet holes from my hat. There's one in the rear center that's been staring at me for hours worth of gameplay now and it's killing me.
Dumb question but have you tried swapping outfits at your horse? It gets bloodstains out and even teleports lost (permanent unlock) hats back onto your head.

Now if only the game would stop removing my mask during plot triggers.

"Okay I've got a new outfit. A horse I have not used for a week. a mask. let's go-oh for gently caress's sake." Even when it's a mission where bounties don't matter because I'm plot wanted dead or alive already, it''s the principle of the matter of when it decides to leave me unmasked instead of magically popping the mask back into place after cutscene chat.

"The masked bandit rides again!-Aw darn it."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 1, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Am I missing some obvious button, or is there no way to name your custom outfits beyond the default "Custom outfit one. Custom outfit two"?

Also, am I missing some obvious button to sort your satchel by type? Sure I can eat cooked game for huge gains. But it's so odd scrolling through my cans of beans and peaches for what snacks are "Good at health core, okay at stamina core" rather than "This snack is good for stamina core, and will give a little dead eye core!" etc.

Could be worse. I figured out immediately that the white like immediately used consumables icons for various game meats open up a submenu. "Wait a minute, I made some minty venison. But there isn't any on display in my satchel... Oh, figures."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 2, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Qubee posted:

where do I get hair tonic?
Because it has it's own entire page in the catalogue, you may have flipped right past it several times thinking it's nothing more than an old timey advertisement.

I know I did a couple times despite the bold font HAIR TONIC at the top of the page. "Bunch of booze and tobacco" *flip* "Two full page adds" *flips* "Bunch of tonics...wait a minute."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 2, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm going to laugh real hard if the trinkets turn out to be placebos, just like irl
I suppose the easiest talisman to use to test that theory (for those who have it) would be the Ram horn one that claims to increase the yield of picking the cooking herbs.

Stuff like "Reduces damage taken" or "Increases money when looting bodies" is too vague to use as a test. But "Do I get more oregano at once now?" would be pretty open and shut.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My taking eight billion years poking around early chapter 2 is clearly throwing off the carefully constructed guilt trips of some NPCs.

The Homeless soldier in Valentine is calling me crazy on account of all the shooting I've been doing in Valentine, but I've never so much as drawn a gun within draw distance of the place. :v:

Of course he also gave me poo poo for the scripted tutorial bar brawl too. But at least that actually happened already, regardless of the narrative gun held to my head to ensure it happen.

PirateBob posted:

Can I get some pointers on how to survive a gunfight when you're on a horse and you get ambushed and shot at by multiple enemies around you. I often die when that happens.

Think I'll try riding away next time, try to get my enemies to be in one direction from me rather than several.
I've sometimes had an easier time with a normal horse over a war horse, for video game logic reasons. Can't deadeye a bandit if your horse is between you and the bandit.

A war horse is so huge, that their size means their head blocked one of three "Not scripted" bridge ambushers from view when they get to cutscene in front of me, and I'm not allowed to turn my horse for the hot second it takes for things to escalate. ( was super :tinfoil: got off my horse, climbed down the ravine and up peeked up the other side. "Okay, no badguys. Back to my horse and-why is there letterboxing as I cross the bridge?... oh")

Good thing old lady Nails is tough enough to take some revolver bullets to the back of the head and live. But my starter horse which has still survived thus far is a lot easier to shoot around, when the game dumps enemies on top of you.

If you have plenty of room, you're golden. It's one of those small differences you only notice the rare occasions it comes up, and war horses are still overall so much better (and cooler looking) for riding and shooting people. If the game didn't love to wrest control of my horse away from me for cinematic reasons, I don't think I would have started to notice this minute difference in firing angles.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My brother mentioned losing TWO Lancaster repeaters at once. He had one you get from a gang member mission, and another he looted from a Gunsmith Basement.

The main gun I'd be super mad at being glitched out of existence would be Midnight's Pistol For the dual reasons of A: Gold plated Mauser! B: You don't Unlock Mausers until chapter 5(6?) otherwise

Can't just vomit out "Main plot gives you so much money, who cares :rolleyes:" over THAT one.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 3, 2018