Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
I'm just saying I don't care about whoever is the new protagonist of these new stories. I'm saying I do care about Curly, Larry and Moe (The Three Stooges). They are established characters in film, appearing in dozens of tales of wit and whimsy, so why not write every film with them in mind as the protagonists? And of course I will get to know generic film star #2 better once I watch other films, just... why did Hollywood not use Curly, Larry and Moe (The Three Stooges)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

they just said they hope it's not too obnoxious, calm down guy

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i hope it is and i hope they hate it and return the game.

they said you get dizzy if you dont eat so have fun casuals

lol

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

why the gently caress does this game have so many buttons

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

E and or F to interact, TAB for inventory, scroll left for another inventory, B for another type of inventory, right click to aim, scroll up to extra aim, right click to focus on someone, E and or F to talk to them

pretty sure I pressed G at one point to do something and also maybe C to do another thing

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

No

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Fly, you fools!

gandalf the white: i lived bitch!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i've failed so many missions because i accidentally rode my horse into a companion while trying to pull up at a hitching post

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

important for m+kb players: double tap TAB to do a fun lil twirl when holstering your pistol

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

can someone on m+kb explain to me how to fight?

i must have forgot that tutorial because i just got my rear end absolutely kicked by a belligerent in a badger hat

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

For fist fights it's R for blocks, E for grabs and F to punch.

thanks, i just couldn't remember the buttons and it's hard to test when you're getting wailed on because everything is so context sensitive

left click also seems to punch but I'm not sure if that's any different to the F punch

on another note, the pump action shotgun is effective way beyond the range you'd expect from a video game shotgun and you don't need to worry about headshots, it's great

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

A pretty basic way to win most fights is to hold the block and then counter attack, rinse and repeat. If you tap the block key at the right moment, your character will dodge the punch. I had to change my block key to E because I didn't want to keep robbing people by accident.

you can rebind keys????

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

Ayup, the first thing I did was remap the Dead Eye function (MMB to Mouse Button 5) because I'm notoriously bad at reproducing that button press without scrolling or something.

dude, same

i might actually use dead eye now

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

it's probably 90% audio files

there is an insane amount of dialogue in this game

e: like, seriously, just a stupid amount of dialogue

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Treasure Maps are very quick and easy if you look up a guide and extremely rewarding, almost definitely the best bang for your buck if you just want some quick cash.

Ygolonac posted:

Once you unlock them (by way of finding out about suspicious activities), the Back Room robberies can be profitable - Rhodes and St Denis both pay out nicely, Rhodes you can even get the Yellowboy repeater free/early, but the St Denis one is gonna end with many many police in pursuit.

It's possible to get away clean in St Denis if you don't shoot anyone.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Any war horse is going to be pretty calm around gunfights and predators, the Hungarian Halfbred, Turkoman and Breton are all popular choices though some are apparently more reliable than others.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

this game sure is pretty

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

buy a poncho

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

the navy revolver just looks too good to consider using anything else

i love how long it is

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Maxed out all the roles and reached rank 112. What do I do for fun now besides spinning my revolvers like a lunatic?

where do you get the spin revolver emote from? i've not been able to find it

also what's the best way to level up? all the cool poo poo is gated

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Nash posted:

Bolt action, semi auto shotgun and colt navy. Between these three pretty much have everything else in my weapon locker.

this guy gets it

shotguns in this game have way more range than you'd expect and you don't even have to worry about headshots

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

No love for the Pump Action Shotgun? I haven't used anything else because I just love pumpin'

it's no semi auto but the pump absolutely shreds while you're leveling up

seems better than the repeating shotgun based on the stats but I haven't really tested it

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i think i remember reading about a bug on pc where higher framerates result in a proportionally higher metabolism so you and your horse are pretty much always going to be underweight no matter what

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Freudian slippers posted:

I'm not impressed by the temperament or the handling of the Missouri Fox Trotter. I got the free black thoroughbred which came with the special/ultimate/uber/whatever edition I bought for PC and it's much better. It's got worse stamina and health, but health is rarely an issue and neither is stamina with max bonding and best saddle/stirrups. Might try the Turkoman eventually, but so far I really enjoy my thoroughbred.

E: I don't know if this thoroughbred is available with the standard version of the game..

Absolutely do not sleep on the Thoroughbred, it's big, fast as hell, and not too skittish at max bonding. It's probably not the best horse for any one thing but it's a top tier all rounder.

Also the Nacogdoches saddle along with even middling stirrups makes stamina a non-issue and it's available fairly early so make sure to pick that up when you can.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Well well I just took a look at my ranks and the only horse I'm even close to unlocking is the Criollo anyway, so I guess it'll have to do when I actually have extra money

Right now I just bought the large trading wagon so I hope I'll be stacking up cash a bit quicker from now on; I'm at 450$ and will need about 950$ for a decent horse plus 350$ for the horse lantern, and I'll be set for the near future. Then after that I can start actually planning to buy recipes and stuff (350$ just to be able to make small game arrows? What a deal :downsgun: )

Spend a day running around the map picking up every single Collector item (skip bird eggs) for an easy $3k+, plus a shitload of XP.

Transmogrifier posted:

Honestly I think the KBM settings are a lot of fun and I like the extra tension brought by that lack of assist and having to rely on cover more. You get better at it the more you use the mouse. In fact, I'd say I'm better at shooting (especially headshots) with a mouse than I am with a controller.

I used Dead Eye as a massive crutch during singleplayer but after a few days in Online I'm pulling off the most satisfying headshots and it's great.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

So with the caveat that I'm almost 100% sure that there is some level of temperament randomization occurring when you purchase a horse, I hated my Criollo and have never once had a problem with my Breton, so take what you will from that.

i've heard a lot of people say this and i have no idea if it's true but if i get a bad roll on my turkoman i'm gonna be pissed

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

bill "bill" billiamson

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Also unlocked bounty hunting, went off to do my first bounty and once I get there I have a prompt to find a "scouting position" but there's no sign, area or indication on the map. I get closer and see some enemies, I crouch but they still spot me, shooting starts, the bounty arrives and immediately flees, I try to give chase but I get sidetracked by 10 guys shooting at me, lose the bounty and fail the mission.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Do you have to use stealth? Because I am more of a guns-blazing type and really don't like stealth in this game especially

I usually just wait outside the camp until you see the bounty coming in, fire off a few shots at his buddies and they usually run away so you can just chase them down and ignore the camp completely.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i am harry posted:

Why do I always show info on them despite the fact that they’re always poo poo like I’m expecting Rockstar to put something in the game worth finding?

definitely seems like a missed opportunity, in singleplayer at least, not to have all breeds be rare spawns so there's a reason to go horse hunting

it's not like money is ever an issue and you can get a guaranteed arabian in chapter 2 anyway so why not have the option to stumble across a missouri fox trotter if you're lucky?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

feels like a lot of these problems could be fixed just by limiting lobbies to 16 players?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

is there any way to make ponchos and bandoliers not float a foot off my characters chest? i've seen videos where they look like they fit so i assume it's possible?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Google Butt posted:

Is there a mod for PC that completely transforms the controls so that this game is enjoyable

my advice is to just stick with it, i absolutely hated the controls when i first started playing but once muscle memory starts to kick in it's really not that bad

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Hihohe posted:

I did one of those king of the train missions it was really fun, the secret is to try and flank the train because like you guys said people respawning from the back will just try and shoot you if you follow the track to it. Bring a shotgun, it will work best.

absolutely this. ride wide out away from the train then cut back in and board it from the front, whoever is in control of the carriage is probably looking to the rear of the train so you're almost guaranteed an easy kill.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

moonshiner is far and away the most interesting but also costs more gold to set up iirc?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Hakarne posted:

shooting off hats

i have never gotten a headshot that wasn't immediately preceded by a hat shot

not even sure it's possible

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

nacogdoches plus some even half way decent stirrups basically makes stamina a non-issue, highly recommended

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

love to accidentally paint multiple targets in dead eye and rapidly unload 18 rounds into a deers face at 300 yards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

is there any reason to upgrade from the bolt action in online?

also can you toggle the scope on all snipers? i don't remember being able to do that on the rolling block in singleplayer