Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
whats up posting bros

im not getting swole just trying to keep slightly healthy with my stupid travel schedule

been skiing a lot, skating a bit, and doing some small freeweights and cardio in the hotel gyms. trying to keep around 170, so far its workin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

how is everyone doing with quarantine? i have taken up yoga. its pretty good. dropped like 12 lbs and really don't want to get any smaller.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

slidebite posted:

There are plenty of routines you can do to get your cardio and muscle game on that don't need any equipment, other than maybe something decent underfoot.. and a bit, but not much, room.

Give something like this a try 4 times a week for a month and see how you feel. If you can do more than 4, great. It's not going to make you into a fine tuned machine on its own, buts it's a decent short routine that doesn't take a huge commitment.

3 sets of each. Should take all of about 15 minutes.

Did this during the AM in place of my regularly scheduled run because its too hot out. It's a nice set. You must be bookin it to get through in 15 mins, took me 18 and change without pauses. I did throw in some more pushups. If you like me have spent too much time computer touching and have wrist issues, two recommendations:
1) Get a soft surface, a yoga mat or something like that, which can absorb the strain. if you don't have a yoga mat, a piece of carpet or a welcome mat or a towel or something is good provided it lies flat.
2) Do knuckle pushups on your fists. your wrists stay straighter. these are more difficult to do and will probably cause you some discomfort in your knuckles, but will take a ton of strain off your wrists.

Be sure you stretch a bit afterwards esp core, quads, and shoulders if you are just getting in to more intensive fitness routine than walking.

I will pitch yoga on you all. My wife is super in to it, and I never really did any before lockdowns. However, I'm not very flexible and that's an area that I am always looking to improve to prevent injury. I've found its a good workout, tough but not super cardio intensive, and it makes you really aware of how you use your body otherwise. There's a good intro app called down dog for ios/android/web, beginner version is free. they take you through stuff pretty slowly, and it's enough to figure out if you like it or not. I'm bad and I fall over with some frequency, but am improving quite a bit!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I had to go to knuckles since my right wrist is jacked up. It helps me a lot.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

slidebite posted:

Most of these are exercises I do almost daily, so yeah, maybe I am a bit speedier than most :shobon:

with a little extra effort i got down to 14' today

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

every other day, and i do jump rope or run after for a bit of cardio. other day is yoga and jump rope / run.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i touched my toes today for the first time probably in my whole life

nothing can stop me

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i am very close to being able to keep my legs straight and touch the floor! this is a big deal for me. always been in decent shape to fairly fit but with very tight hamstrings and lower back.

bit of setbacks as i strained my shoulder doing yoga last week but it seems like i am back on track after a week ish off and easing back in to light duty stuff.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

slidebite posted:

That's awesome. I hope you try to do that stuff only when you're warm if it's not easy yet.

Still doing that small workout set I posted in the spring as well or move on to other stuff?

still doing it every so often mixed in with a lot of yoga and running

edit: i upped to 4 cycles through and some more reps tho

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I've put a little weight back on but I was down to really light (like 155). I need to get some weights.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

what do you mean by get fit exactly, do you mean lift heavy things, run, flexibility/joint maintenance, or what?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yoga helped me a ton with back issues and was also pretty good for my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I'm gonna grab some of it so don't think it went to waste!