Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
https://twitter.com/boston25/status/1040350596799315969

https://twitter.com/ProducerLeo/status/1040344452064321537

what the gently caress is good goons, my area is literally exploding as we speak, how's everyone's thursday goin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
all my favorite rappers told me to "smoke big gas" and i guess i misinterpreted them

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

friendly 2 da void posted:

really glad america is deregulating and removing safety and quality standards for all of its infrastructure, can't possibly see what could go wrong

who needs inspections on a massive high pressure natural gas main anyway

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Experts, president Trump has yet to make a statement what do you think his statement will be? Trump trump trump trump trump! Stay tuned for Trump!

"Natural gas is so good, probably the greatest national resource behind coal, and this just further demonstrates how cool and badass it is by giving us the equivalent of a free KISS pyrotechnic setup"

precision posted:

"no injuries" right now after 30+ explosions?

:tinfoil:

I would probably expect some injuries and deaths once they can actually stop these loving things from catching on fire and exploding. They can't even shut the gas off at the hub. Nobody knows where the next fire or explosion is gonna be.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

okay who's the fuckin goon going onto twitter and replying to gas company tweets lmao

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

When you noticed all the other fires, and poo poo going crazy, did you start thinking of World War Z?

I'd have freaked out a little.

It gave me more of an "opening scene of Dawn of the Dead 2004" kinda vibe. Constant sirens in the distance, smoke plumes filling the air, and traffic as far as the eye could see

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

news stations say all the power in my town has been shut off, and yet I'm still postin' :smug:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Facebook has activated their Crisis Response feature for people in and around the affected area.

https://www.facebook.com/crisisresponse/lawrence-massachusetts-explosion-sep13-2018

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

DamnCanadian posted:

Is this anywhere near Methuen? I was running an errand there and there was a shitload of fire trucks/ambulances headed somewhere all lit up

yeah literally right next to Methuen

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

all my friends have no power but I'm still up and going :toot:

i also never lose power in winter storms or nor'easters, suck it electricity

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

yeah just in case anyone is wondering why they highlighted a movie theater, it's currently the staging point for equipment and ladders and evac point for people in that area

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Look like it's still up and running. Maybe all the evacuees should just go catch a movie while the authorities sort this out?

it closed two years ago actually lmao it's totally empty. they filmed a scene of the critically acclaimed Hollywood masterpiece "Daddy's Home 2" there

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

CAN NOT PUKE posted:

Lol you idiot goon- yees we need to flush out the hanger on working class people who still own nice homes from when real people could afford houses. That would be the “leftist” thing to do. You loving dumbass.

look pal, you're not allowed to post in my thread unless you wear the loving hat

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

the yellow dog posted:

e: apparently columbia gas is so incompetent that the governor has chosen a different company to clean up their fuckup.

he literally invoked a state of emergency specifically because of the provision that allows the governor to decide what crews work on restoring service after a disaster. massive loving power play. Columbia Gas is about to get held down and hosed for ever

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Should hook this thread up to the Massachusetts gas system

i never wanted this to be how this thread ended up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

What did you think was going to happen when you used the cursed 'poo poo post' thread tag?

I actually hosed up and forgot to apply a thread tag so it got slapped on there automatically. it was supposed to have a news tag

• Locked thread